Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State (40594 Views)

Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) / List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget / Okorocha Has Failed: Present Condition Of Roads In Owerri(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Fyno: 2:11am On Apr 20, 2016
obyrich:
Why won't Lagos change? How many federal projects were cited in Aba in past 16 years as compared to Lagos
Which infrastructural project by the federal government is to be sited in Aba this year by the present government.
why are you bent on supporting evil? Do you like those pics,if yes,your bad.
Go snap many more pics of Aba so the world could ask questions on why people are been treated like pigs .
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Fyno: 2:19am On Apr 20, 2016
Fyno:
Ariaria international market
I was reliably informed that every shop in ariaria has been paying #3500 every year as infrastructural levy since 1999 apart from sanitation, bakassi,security, exchange of shop etc and the least is 2000 with more than a 200 thousand shops.
Where's our money

2 Likes

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Bbklopsy: 2:24am On Apr 20, 2016
Jennynkk:
I travelled to my state, Abia after 6yrs but I have been weeping since morning till now. Is it that Abia state is really under some sort of spell or what? I was in Abuja and heard that Okezie is working in Aba but I am disappointed on getting here. I have some pictures to share.
op you sound paid. u mean u didn't see some good number of roads done by this govt in aba? and even the ongoings. ur your likes r d reason why pple don't do good atall
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Mrjo(m): 2:26am On Apr 20, 2016
So u want her to be dancing for this iniquity? Where is the infarstrure the masses ar paying for? What ar they doing with our tax money? For ur info 11 months was to much for ouk to achive al this in 99/00 by 11 aba had already wear new look.
Incorrect1:

You're only up and doing in negativity, why can't you be positive for once ?
Do you expect him to round up the entire Abia State in less than a year in office ?
Where were you in the days of the Orjis?
Can you stand before God and man to tell the world that you didn't notice any positive change in Abia, especially Aba?
Change your attitude please, it's really unwholesome.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by October1960: 3:32am On Apr 20, 2016
Amen!

optional1:
Dats Naija govt 4 u, dey thief public fund as if dey wil b buried wit it.

God of d poor will fight for us.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by October1960: 3:36am On Apr 20, 2016
The only reason this is better than Syria is that there is no war going on.

African government and politicians are indeed thieves and baboons.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by tobyemmanuel(m): 4:21am On Apr 20, 2016
Pathetic.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Nobody: 5:34am On Apr 20, 2016
Op how you go dey abj for 6 yrs without going to your place...Too bad.
How Portharcout road and urratta take represent the whole aba...SMH
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Ponponkon: 5:54am On Apr 20, 2016
Meringe:
Ponponkon will come here with rubbish pictures of his imaginary Aba claiming Aba is OK.

We have never gotten it right after 16 years . Orji Uzor Kalu maintain the roads and constructed new ones but T. A. Orji didn't maintain the existing roads in Aba, not to talk of building a new road for 8 years.

We thought succour has come when Okezie came in, but his actions after winning the case at the Supreme Court confirms his intentions of flagging off the construction of new road which are abandoned.

Abia lost it when The man from Diamond Bank was robbed of his victory which is a resounding victory.

After 11months in office, he has borrowed abt 24 billion and you can not feel it in Aba, the commercial nerve centre of the state.
Tell the fool to name the roads he showed you. He got you old pictures and you are happy. The only correct picture here is Porharcourt road a federal road which he took in different angles and duplicated. if the mugu had even taken pictures of osusu road which has been flagged off but the contractors are yet to done a meaningful work,I would have even given him little attention. We know how you gredy creepers feel about losing power after abusing it. but we will continue to put you to shame. I will go round as usual and burst the iddiots lies. I know all the roads cannot be fixed overnight and I've never hidden that fact. The op is the same foool competing with one lolz or agbagworo about anambra
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by jarkata(m): 5:58am On Apr 20, 2016
@op, u r getting it wrong, bcs we have seen some changes since d inception of dis administration, I relocated from Lagos to aba early last year, I can tell u categorically Dat we have seen some changes . Before now portharcourt road via ariara, Tony mass was littered with dirt but now we have seen some changes but not significant enough but far far better than last administration, the present governor is now embarking on some road projects Dat have been abandoned for long. I am praying for d man to finish d good work and to help fix new portharcourt Asa road, it will reduce holdup at osisioma, @op u can compare okezie and T. Orji, okezie visit aba on daily basis. No sentiment I am from South West, I can feel d gradual transformation, encourage okezie. 'GREAT ABIANS '

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Beremx(f): 6:02am On Apr 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:
oh, I see, that's chino yet the mods where deceived into putting this on front page.
the pictures are very old. he's using the thread to spite someone who opened a thread about Anambra state. chino is jennykk

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by ClintonDal(m): 6:04am On Apr 20, 2016
@Op how can you say everywhere is bad when you're just snapping portharcourt road? Lying will not help you. We all know Aba is a really dirty and messed up place but if Ikepeazu is going to turn it around, it wouldn't be in 1yr. OUK and T.A had 16yrs and didn't do anything thing.
Let's all give them a chance to finish their tenure before we judge them all. Insulting Buhari and the Governors will not help at all. Give them a chance o biko!
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Schematics: 6:05am On Apr 20, 2016
Beremx:
the pictures are very old. he's using the thread to spite someone who opened a thread about Anambra state. chino is jennykk

Why are you crying over this thread like this? You said chino did this but since when has chino relocated to this filthy Aba Ngwa? it is clear that the person that opened this thread is resident in Aba. Now you are saying that the pix are old, did you not see the newspaper and it's date? Be reasonable for once.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by dfrost: 6:16am On Apr 20, 2016
Jennynkk:
I have to conclude that Aba is under spell

Pele sister. I can see that you are genuinely disappointed. What part of Aba are you from?
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Noneroone(m): 6:23am On Apr 20, 2016
Whoever is fighting with chino should stop 'cos he can never win the picture war.

I saw the meaningless thread about flood in an Awka road, i knew this was to follow.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by jjay28(m): 6:34am On Apr 20, 2016
Nwanne,where u went to is even fair compared to such places as Ohanku and Osusu,etc. Really,Abia in general is in the hands of some occultic few whose vow on admittance into the occult is one word-Aba must die!!!
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by MyX1: 6:35am On Apr 20, 2016
I REALLY DNT KNOW WHY POEPLE DERIVE JOY IN PAINTING PEOPLE IN BLACK......CAN SOME ONE ASK THE OP WHAT HE HAS DONE TOWARDS THE BETERMENT OF ABIA & ABA IN PATICULER.....HE JUST VISITED ONE ROAD PH RD & CAME HERE TO WAILL........PLEASE I HAVE VERY BEAUTIFUL PICS OF ABA, BUT DNT KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD THEM....WE REALLY NEED TO CREAT A COUNTER TRADE TO PROVE THIS OP WRONG......PLEASE ANYBODY THAT KNOWS HOW TO CREAT & UPLOAD PICS ON NAIRALAND SHIULD PLEASE PM ME vai THIS MY WHATSSAP NO 07085300709 LET ME SEND BEAUTIFUL PICS OF OUR DEAR STATE & ABA IN PATICULER. I HAVE BEEN IN ABA SINCE 4 DAYS NOW.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by dfrost: 6:36am On Apr 20, 2016
Stylz69:
Hmmm...I didn't know that Aba was in such a deplorable state. However I have good news for Abians and in the coming days/weeks/ months you may get to hear of it. You will have an opportunity to live in a modern city with every amenity you can think of. I was part of a group of investors and we met with your governor this evening in Abuja. We are proposing to build an new city between Aba and Umuahia... it is a 580 hectare development in Nsulu and it will be world class with all infrastructure plus hotel, parks, fire station, a golf course and all the works. I would like to get some feedback from Abians here. Is this a welcome project and would you live here if completed?

That's a good idea on paper though. My questions for you are these:

1. What happened to maintaining existing structures before creating new ones?

2. Who is the owner of this project? ABSG or Okezie Ikpeazu or the consortium that will carry out the project?

Because I don't see how this addresses the roads that are very bad at the moment, albeit Aba's problem is majorly the roads.

Think about this, lest you start creating a section where the rich can stay and leave the poor masses to suffer.

3 Likes

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by MyX1: 6:36am On Apr 20, 2016
ClintonDal:
@Op how can you say everywhere is bad when you're just snapping portharcourt road? Lying will not help you. We all know Aba is a really dirty and messed up place but if Ikepeazu is going to turn it around, it wouldn't be in 1yr. OUK and T.A had 16yrs and didn't do anything thing.
Let's all give them a chance to finish their tenure before we judge them all. Insulting Buhari and the Governors will not help at all. Give them a chance o biko!
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by MyX1: 6:42am On Apr 20, 2016
futurenix:
If this op has really gone round aba and nothing has changed in her eyes, then probably you will hardly appreciate any good from your husband to be.

I am not from Aba but I go there often to supply my products.

For your information these are list of the roads your brother Ikpeazu has worked on in Aba:

1. Umule road has been tard from faulks road to Portharcourt express road with perfect drainage made

2. From living word hospital, he has tard it down to Umule

3. Park Road has been tard from end to end

4. St Michael's road tard from end to end

5. Hospital road tard from end to end

6. Pound road tard from end to end

7. Jubilee road tard from end to end

8. Azikiwe road tard from Asa road to East

9. Constitution Crescent/fire service tard from Bata to Azikiwe road

10. Market road tard from end to end

11. Tenant road tard from end to end

12. Cameroon road tard from end to end

13. Clifford road tard from end to end

14. School Road tard from end to end

15. Ehi road tard from end to end

16. From brass junction right upto Bata has been tard.

There are other roads that were constructed using cement technology that I have not mentioned.

All roads in aba with little or no drainage are presently undergoing huge drainage construction.

Demolition are presently being carried out on buildings that are not in the infrastructural plan.

If you have not been to Aba you probably will not appreciate these roads I mentioned as I don't have their distances but for a Governor to execute these within 11 months is a great feat.

@OP if Aba is really your home as you claim stop portraying your ignorance in public forums, go to church and give thanksgiving for making your brother the Governor cause no body can do it better than him.
PLEAS I HAVE PICS TO PROVE THESE ROADS YOU MENTIONED BUT DNT KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD THEM HERE......PM ME vai THIS MY WHATSSAP NO 07085300709 LET ME FOWARD THEM PLEASE....WE REALLY NEED TO CREAT A COUNTER TRADE TO PROVE THIS OP WRONG.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by chuddy21: 6:50am On Apr 20, 2016
MyX1:
PLEAS I HAVE PICS TO PROVE THESE ROADS YOU MENTIONED BUT DNT KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD THEM HERE......PM ME vai THIS MY WHATSSAP NO 07085300709 LET ME FOWARD THEM PLEASE....WE REALLY NEED TO CREAT A COUNTER TRADE TO PROVE THIS OP WRONG.
[color=][/color]
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by MyX1: 6:51am On Apr 20, 2016
diegwu01:

What is this one saying?, instead of you to sympathize with the OP for having a Horrible time going through the horrific experience, you are here listing roads without evidence,
The OP has taken pains to post pictures of almost 75% of the Major roads in ABA, including the Ariaria International Mall, you are here listing fictitious / non existent roads.
I REALLY DNT KNOW WHY POEPLE DERIVE JOY IN PAINTING PEOPLE IN BLACK......CAN SOME ONE ASK THE OP WHAT HE HAS DONE TOWARDS THE BETERMENT OF ABIA & ABA IN PATICULER.....HE JUST VISITED ONE ROAD PH RD & CAME HERE TO WAILL........PLEASE I HAVE VERY BEAUTIFUL PICS OF ABA, BUT DNT KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD THEM....WE REALLY NEED TO CREAT A COUNTER TRADE TO PROVE THIS OP WRONG......PLEASE ANYBODY THAT KNOWS HOW TO CREAT & UPLOAD PICS ON NAIRALAND SHIULD PLEASE PM ME vai THIS MY WHATSSAP NO 07085300709 LET ME SEND BEAUTIFUL PICS OF OUR DEAR STATE & ABA IN PATICULER. I HAVE BEEN IN ABA SINCE 4 DAYS NOW.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 20, 2016
MyX1:

Why don't you post them here. Wetin concern us and your whatsapp number.

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Meringe(m): 7:05am On Apr 20, 2016
Ponponkon:
Tell the fool to name the roads he showed you. He got you old pictures and you are happy. The only correct picture here is Porharcourt road a federal road which he took in different angles and duplicated. if the mugu had even taken pictures of osusu road which has been flagged off but the contractors are yet to done a meaningful work,I would have even given him little attention. We know how you gredy creepers feel about losing power after abusing it. but we will continue to put you to shame. I will go round as usual and burst the iddiots lies. I know all the roads cannot be fixed overnight and I've never hidden that fact. The op is the same foool competing with one lolz or agbagworo about anambra
I will go to Obohia and ohanku roads to take my own pics, so that everyone will know who's lying btw u and the op.
Ohazu, ibere, ozuomba roads have been abandoned causing massive flooding , attached is the picture i scratchly took.
With the 24billion naira he borrowed, i don't expect you to use the line of defense that Aba can't be reconstructed over night. What of the IGR?

stop deceiving yourself .

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by MyX1: 7:34am On Apr 20, 2016
Ariel20:

Why don't you post them here. Wetin concern us and your whatsapp number.
SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST VERY STUPID.

CAN'T YOU READ BETWEEN THE LINES?
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by freshawag: 7:47am On Apr 20, 2016
Stop this nonsense op. There is no city in Nigeria where u won't find worse roads. How do u expect the new governor to complete "all "the roads in Aba in less than a year. This is just a ploy to discredit the governor. I guess u are a disgruntled supporter of otti.take heart okezie is working jejely..Aba will be fine. I went to Aba yesterday. They have started working on Aba owerri road and ikotekpene road...these are federal roads mind u. However, those pictures may not be all from Aba. U will find very bad roads in FCT. Check inside kubwa, karshi, dutse, lugbe.. U will be shocked.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by nwadiuko1(m): 7:49am On Apr 20, 2016
futurenix:
If this op has really gone round aba and nothing has changed in her eyes, then probably you will hardly appreciate any good from your husband to be.

I am not from Aba but I go there often to supply my products.

For your information these are list of the roads your brother Ikpeazu has worked on in Aba:

1. Umule road has been tard from faulks road to Portharcourt express road with perfect drainage made

2. From living word hospital, he has tard it down to Umule

3. Park Road has been tard from end to end

4. St Michael's road tard from end to end

5. Hospital road tard from end to end

6. Pound road tard from end to end

7. Jubilee road tard from end to end

8. Azikiwe road tard from Asa road to East

9. Constitution Crescent/fire service tard from Bata to Azikiwe road

10. Market road tard from end to end

11. Tenant road tard from end to end

12. Cameroon road tard from end to end

13. Clifford road tard from end to end

14. School Road tard from end to end

15. Ehi road tard from end to end

16. From brass junction right upto Bata has been tard.

There are other roads that were constructed using cement technology that I have not mentioned.

All roads in aba with little or no drainage are presently undergoing huge drainage construction.

Demolition are presently being carried out on buildings that are not in the infrastructural plan.

If you have not been to Aba you probably will not appreciate these roads I mentioned as I don't have their distances but for a Governor to execute these within 11 months is a great feat.

@OP if Aba is really your home as you claim stop portraying your ignorance in public forums, go to church and give thanksgiving for making your brother the Governor cause no body can do it better than him.
you shouldn't take the op serious.....he is part of those that do not see any good thing in another igbo man apart from his /her kin
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by freshawag: 7:54am On Apr 20, 2016
Ponponkon:
you are very correct my brother. Don't mind them
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by freshawag: 8:02am On Apr 20, 2016
Bbklopsy:
op you sound paid. u mean u didn't see some good number of roads done by this govt in aba? and even the ongoings. ur your likes r d reason why pple don't do good atall
yeah! People like him discourages tgood leaders who has too intentions. Acknowledge and encourage good things. If u continue like this the governor may lose confidence and then he will resort to looting. Then u will shout more.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Abagworo(m): 8:05am On Apr 20, 2016
nwadiuko1:
you shouldn't take the op serious.....he is part of those that do not see any good thing in another igbo man apart from his /her kin

It is high time Igbos join together and decimate them for our overall interest.

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Schematics: 8:31am On Apr 20, 2016
Coward why not start it out immediately than seeking for whom to ally with? We are ready for you and your co-travellers, we are ready to tear down everything. Just dare!

[s]
Abagworo:

It is high time Igbos join together and decimate them for our overall interest.
[/s]
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Stylz69(m): 11:18am On Apr 20, 2016
dfrost:

That's a good idea on paper though. My questions for you are these:

1. What happened to maintaining existing structures before creating new ones?

2. Who is the owner of this project? ABSG or Okezie Ikpeazu or the consortium that will carry out the project?

Because I don't see how this addresses the roads that are very bad at the moment, albeit Aba's problem is majorly the roads.

Think about this, lest you start creating a section where the rich can stay and leave the poor masses to suffer.
The state and federal government are responsible for maintaining existing structures (roads). If the state government cannot maintain state roads and asks a private company to do it and toll it. Would you pay?
The owners of the project are the people of Abia state. It's your land, it's in your state. It cannot be carried away so you all (I assume you are from Abia) own it.
I don't think the problem of Aba is just the roads. It is also the people. If they had a sense of pride for their city, they won't dump rubbish indiscriminately or is it the road that dumped rubbish there. The roads are bad; all well and good but turning the roadside to rubbish dumps as well. Anyway, hopefully this model city will trigger the State government to improve its existing cities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: What Abba Kyari Did Affects You As A Nigerian / Another Fulani Massacre In Ayilamo, Benue (Graphic Pictures) / New York Apartment Purchase And Diezani’s Dominican Diplomatic Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.