Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos (79098 Views)

Chinwoke Mbadinuju At Alex Ekwueme's Burial In Anambra (Photos) / Governor Wike Greets Peter Obi During PDP Primaries In Anambra (Photos) / Buhari Being Decorated With The Rank Of Major-General, 1983 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Schematics: 10:30am On Apr 22, 2016
ak47mann:
u deserve a knockout punch cool

He is just a bitter frustrated jobless old man. His outrage here is understandable.. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:37am On Apr 22, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

And you wonder why Anambra man look down on you. Out of nowhere and unprovoked you jumped in here to insult and abuse the Anambra man. Comparing us to Enugu which is unreasonable. Talking about agriculture which you know nothing about. Your insecurity is so obvious.
[s]Anambra is the fastest developing state after Ogun or so and you want to compare us to a one city state who's IGR is depreciating...l[/s]ol.

Let me tell you something...All fingers are not equal!

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:42am On Apr 22, 2016
Aroma flyover

9 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by AnamCity: 10:45am On Apr 22, 2016
post=44934870:
Aroma flyover

This is superb! What Obiano is doing in this city is great. Awka will rival Abuja on infrastructural development soon. Kudos!

6 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by jamesibor: 10:47am On Apr 22, 2016
post=44927812:
Roads and Under ground drinage system in Awka

Where is this?
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:53am On Apr 22, 2016
Business offices are fast opening up in Awka

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Pwayne2016(m): 11:06am On Apr 22, 2016
xharder:

You must be a big phool for making that assertion. You can make your comment without putting others down...this is unnecessary boastfulness and braggadu we are talking about..i feel like shooting your silly skull, idiiot..
idiat.. So i wont tel dem de truth okwia??
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:06am On Apr 22, 2016
Popular UNIZIK juntion known to be chaotic in the past is undergoing transformation by Obiano administration

4 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by AnamCity: 11:10am On Apr 22, 2016
Streetlights are already being installed!

4 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:44am On Apr 22, 2016
1st pic Newly dualised road near goverment Awka

2nd pics Esther Obiakor/GRA Awka

3 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by chigoizie7(m): 11:48am On Apr 22, 2016
Adaure4ever:
the arrogance I just talked about.
Enugu that have far more Landmass, beautiful capital, an international airport, Good Road networks than Anambra are Not Making Noise or Bragging.
Let us hear word abeg

Lolz, are u serious? The fact that anambra came to limelight as a state and started developing it's cities from 1991 is enough to be proud of, we celebrate our little achievements so far, I love enugu, I reside in awka presently, but I am planing to relocate to enugu by end of this year.

We are proud of Anambra for enormous development in such a short pace, 1991 to date, enugu is good too, no doubt,owerri is good aswell, but which amongst them started to fare for itself in 1991 apart from the glories they have enjoyed in the hands of FG from its inception far back as 1976?

I am not bad mouthing u, but when a child is able to achieve what his age mates couldn't achieve in a given time, it is called for celebration and something to be proud of, so, my dear, we are just being proud of Anambra.

These threads are a way of marketing our state to other investors around and outside naija, it is a way of bringing in more developers, it is a way of making anambra a hot spot for investment, showcase what u have (good) and people will be willing to identify with your good achievements.

Igbo Amaka, don't take it personal, no one asked an ebonyi to feel inferior to an anambra man, no one also asked an enugu man not to showcase the beauties of enugu and stand to defend it by all means.
Have u ever seen an Anambra man tell an ebonyi man when he wants to speak to shut up because he is from anambra?

Other people around us see us as being superior and we can't help it, it is just the same way some of us Nigerians see the white man as superior even when they are not.

I go to certain places and I am accorded some respect because of the place I come from is not my making, my people have been able to carve a niche for us, we are proud of it and everyother person is too, an average anambra man is hardworking and always strive for success, it is not my fault it is that way, we worked to be where we are. I am not saying that an ebonyi man is lazy, to be frank they have the strength, but being successful is not always all about the strength.

Enugu is fine, courtesy of all ground works laid by FG in the past, don't forget "ENUGU town" was once the capital of old Anambra state, many things have been set in place in that very capital b4 awka came to limelight, let us tell ourselves the truth, enugu is developed, owerri is too, but which is the fastest developing? If u want to compare, please set a mark from 1991, and grade enugu, owerri and some other states u think are developing faster than Anambra with all thier achievements from 1991 till date, call result for yourself too.
Every picture op posted here is not more than 10yrs old, go to enugu, owerri, get all pictures of all developments of not more than 20yrs, let us now compare.

Even unizik is not up to 20yrs, the new permsite is not up to 10yrs. In general, awka became what it is today in not more than 15yrs, which other states u re referring to beats that?

My sister stop hating, it is not our fault. Òò, onataluchi.

Udo diri gi ada ndi igbo ji eme onu.

5 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Schematics: 11:48am On Apr 22, 2016
^^, I have warned you about this and how it is breaking some people's hearts because we kept some of these away from their envious eyes! Continue! undecided
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:58am On Apr 22, 2016
Awka central E-library

6 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
1 & 2 Pics Center of Art GRA, Awka

3 Taxi and Bus stand before Aroma juction, Awka has three locations for taxi stand, 1 near RTC park,2 Regina road the last Aroma junction

4 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
Awka

6 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2016
Anambra state university teaching hospital Awka

7 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by AnamCity: 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
post=44938429:
Anambra state university teaching hospital Awka

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Schematics: 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
Some of the estates in Awka.

2 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
Good thread! But...
How would you guys feel if folks from Imo, Abia and Ebonyi had descended on this thread in retaliation to the bad pictures Chino often post in their thread.
Igbo bu ofu is not by mouth, it's by deed.

2 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Yyeske(m): 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
Abagworo:

Digest this

https://www.nairaland.com/1930337/anambra-statelight-nationeconomic-political-power/514

You see the problem is the jealousy displayed by you guys against every other Igbo State and the tolerance of other Igbos which has made it seem like they are weak. I keep saying it without fear or favour that the rest of Igboland will be much more united if we remove Anambra from our meetings and issues of general Igbo interest. Only a brainless person will not read the writing on the wall and think falsely that you are his brother. For me Rivers people are even more of brothers to Southern Igbos in deeds and association.

Like Rochas Okorocha rightly said Anambra is the reason for political retardatiin of Igbo ethnic group.

As for Awka it remains the least developed State Capital in the Southeast going by the appalling pictures posted so far on this thread.

Kitikpa na utulu ume gbagbuo gi ebe a for this nonsense
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Schematics: 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
Whatever we do is reactionary. You Imo people should learn to stay on your own and stay far from us as we have nothing in common with you folks. Whatever you like do here but we shall not fail to respond in the like sum on your own state threads!

[s]
Chiwude:
Good thread! But...
How would you guys feel if folks from Imo, Abia and Ebonyi had descended on this thread in retaliation to the bad pictures Chino often post in their thread.
Igbo bu ofu is not by mouth, it's by deed.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Schematics: 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2016
Nwanne, there is no need for unnecessary insult. They are actually unsettled enviously by OP. I respond madness with madness. Ojukwu once said that if anybody cut you in, cut the person out. I know their meds in madness! They have similar thread where we can respond with the same madness they exude here. No blinking!

Yyeske:
Kitikpa na utulu ume gbagbuo gi ebe a for this nonsense

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2016
Schematics:
Whatever we do is reactionary. You Imo people should learn to stay on your own and stay far from us as we have nothing in common with you folks. Whatever you like do here but we shall not fail to respond in the like sum on your own state threads!

[s][/s]
I as a true nwafor with thick flowing Igbo blood as well as other unpolluted nwafors will continue to save guard our Igbonness against mud bloods like you. We value our ancestral ties, our unity and territorial integrity and shall never relent until we push salted folks like you out of our midst into the Igala/Bini enclave your mud blood ancestors crawed from. Your ancestors planted your likes as moles in our midst and over our dead body would we allow your divisive agenda work in Alaigbo.

3 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2016
Schematics:

Guy you comments some times is very annoying, I hate such character, how can you be so bitter for you fellow tribe's men Seriously I'm very bitter with your comments.

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Schematics: 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2016
Chiwude, the old man, if it pains you so much then do the needful. cheesy

Chiwude:
I as a true nwafor with thick flowing Igbo blood as well as other unpolluted nwafors will continue to save guard our Igbonness against mud bloods like like my father. We value our ancestral ties, our unity and territorial integrity and shall never relent until we push salted folks like my father out of our midst into the Igala/Bini enclave my mud blood ancestors crawed from. My ancestors planted me as moles in our midst and over our dead body would we allow my divisive agenda work in Alaigbo.

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by lindabon: 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2016
I'm actually impressed with the pictures. Its good to know that renovations and reconstructions are taking place in Awka. Wish others will follow on this progressive path, or continue the good work if they are already at it. But I still have one worry. Can someone tell me why there is always sand spotted even in the completed construction works? Is there no way to get rid of the patches of sand here and there? Is it impossible to have the ground spotless, or will this come with more development and reconstruction? And the gutters are too obvious and open, and I think its wideness can pose a physical danger. Can the gutters not be made less conspicuous and safe? Serious question though.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by AnamCity: 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
lindabon:
I'm actually impressed with the pictures. Its good to know that renovations and reconstructions are taking place in Awka. Wish others will follow on this progressive path, or continue the good work if they are already at it. But I still have one worry. Can someone tell me why there is always sand spotted even in the completed construction works? Is there no way to get rid of the patches of sand here and there? Is it impossible to have the ground spotless, or will this come with more development and reconstruction? And the gutters are too obvious and open, and I think its wideness can pose a physical danger. Can the gutters not be made less conspicuous and safe? Serious question though.

The op is covering both the completed and ongoing projects. I think most of the completed roads are usually swept by the government road sweeping agents as can be seen in one of the pictures where they were at work. Where I noticed something is at the flyover area where work men are still working as the project is still under construction and gardeners/sweepers will resume there once completed. The drainages are made in such a way that flood can easily be discharged because of the experience of the past where heavy floods were witnessed, and this has made it possible to remove flood entirely.

2 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
Schematics:
Chiwude, the old man, if it pains you so much then do the needful. cheesy

Your own too much self, your thread is good, but stop putting division among the Igbos, all Igbos have something in common, Ananbra is doing well, Enugu is beautiful, Owerri is also good, lets tolerate each other
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by lindabon: 2:21pm On Apr 22, 2016
AnamCity:

The op is covering both the completed and ongoing projects. I think most of the completed roads are usually swept by the government road sweeping agents as can be seen in one of the pictures where they were at work. Where I noticed something is at the flyover area where work men are still working as the project is still under construction and gardeners/sweepers will resume there once completed. The drainages are made in such a way that flood can easily be discharged because of the experience of the past where heavy flood was witnessed, and this has made it possible to remove flood entirely.

Wow, Great. I get it now. Thanks for taking out time to explain that for me, I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Beremx(f): 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2016
please keep the pictures coming! God bless Alaigbo!

4 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by jpphilips(m): 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
post=44911818:
Awka has also become a home-away-from-home for members of the large Igbo diaspora when they visit their relatives in Awka and nearby towns providing a measure of western-style comfort and services within a hotel and resort setting. Indeed, within half an hour of Awka, it is estimated that there is a diaspora population numbering well over 100,000.
The town currently has more than 15 3-star hotels among which the most popular include:
Best Westerner
De Geogold Hotel & Suites
Barnhill Resort
La-Luna
Choice Hotel
New Jerusalem hotel
Cosmila Suites and Hotel
Finotel Classic Hotel
Golphin Suites
Marble Arch Hotels
Olde English Hotel
Parktonian Hotel
Queen's Suites Hotel
Suncity Exclusive Hotel
Tourist Gardens Hotel

3 star indeed!! village man

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
Anambra state university teaching hospital

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Leaves Kuje Prison As Osita Chidoka Drives Him (Photos) / Rebecca Ishaku Excited Seeing Released Chibok Girls On TV - Pics/Video / This Is The House Where Gen Buhari Was Born (photos) + Meet His Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.