Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos (79207 Views)

Chinwoke Mbadinuju At Alex Ekwueme's Burial In Anambra (Photos) / Governor Wike Greets Peter Obi During PDP Primaries In Anambra (Photos) / Buhari Being Decorated With The Rank Of Major-General, 1983 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Yyeske(m): 9:00am On Apr 23, 2016
giles14:
wich nnewi?Willie govt don't give a Bleep about d city
I guess Anambra south got Willie angry because he's more concerned with Anambra north and central, wetin una do the guy?
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Yyeske(m): 9:03am On Apr 23, 2016
weezii:
Definitely Anambra is growing at a fast pace than what we had 10 years ago. And what is cool about it is that it's moving round and not limited to one area. Though it's awka that's developing faster than other areas of the state.

The good road network and electrification is amazing. To add to it, I've come to notice that when other states or regions of the country complain of power outage we don't always suffer same with them so I ask what's the secret you guys are working.

I stay in awka these days we get at least 12-16hours daily while others complain.

Last weekend I was in nnewi from Saturday till Monday morning I left there was light all through without blinking for a second. I was wowed indeed.

Nice one guys.

BTW the best hotel I've visited in awka is Best Western. It's just awesome and affordable . Unfortunately I didn't lodge
Try Finotel and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by AnamCity: 9:11am On Apr 23, 2016
Yyeske:

Finotel

6 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by giles14(m): 9:27am On Apr 23, 2016
Yyeske:
I guess Anambra south got Willie angry because he's more concerned with Anambra north and central, wetin una do the guy?
may b cos we voted for ifeanyi ubah durin d last gov election and so he decided to punish us.even Peter obi did same thing.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Noneroone(m): 9:32am On Apr 23, 2016
Adaure4ever:
I love Anambra people esp their boys(they are mostly cute) BUT I Do NOT Like their ARROGANCE, BRAGGARDISM and SUPERIORITY COMPLEX.
They always see themselves as First class Igbos, an Ebonyi man is inferior to them in their eyes.
Igbo Race don't begin and end in Anambra, Recently 2015 IGR Report shows that Enugu state have the highest IGR in South East but you will never see an enugu man bragging about it.
And Yes, Enugu City is a more beautiful City than Awka and Enugu is 4times the size of Anambra.
Ebonyi and Abia are ahead of Anambra in Agriculture.
Let the Anambra man drop his arrogance and embrace humbleness.
Ndewo nu o.
you must be kidding!

U said Anambrarians are arrogant yet u set off boasting with what others have that u think we dont have. The way some of u think shows wat will happen if u're one inch ahead. When u see progress dont be envious of it, rather, compete with it! It will be unfortunate that Igbos are persecuted for being ahead, then same Igbos gather and carryout same act on fellow Igbos. Since thread is about Awka without the mention of owerri, why then is abagworo running around it posting negative comments?
I have watched chino and abagworo. chino, although more active in the fight, is more light hearted and comic while abagworo's beef is deeper and entrenched. U see him proving why flyovers are unnecessary and product of failed planning but yet
, subtly boast with the one okorocha is building. He uses Awka as examples of 'small towns' even on yoruba threads. Does Chino or Anambra pple do that? How can such mentally unstable person who support a hopless man like okorocha speak abt Igbo unity? Is he even Igbo? He even questions his own maternity just like okorochas paternty is questioned. What does he know abt Igbo unity except on ikwerre and othe rivers igbo matters where he contradicts himself 3 times per page? What Does he know abt Anambra. Anambra house more non indegenes in the civil service than any other SE state, had her indigenes sacked by other SE states. Contributed in developing other SE states more than they did in our state and yet develop their own state faster than others. Yet one holigan who cant face an average anambrarian offline says Igbos will be more united without anambra.
Going to ur claims of superiority complex. Every state does that which is why imo call themselve eastern heartland, enugu say they re the igbo political capital. Why will anambra man not have that too. If marrying a man with inferiority complex is your goal, i wish u luck.
Btw anambra is ahead of abia and ebonyi in agriculture presently. Enugu city is more developed than awka but Awka is developing much faster. Hold on! Land mass has no business with this thread just like igr declaration is subject to political consideration. No state declares its true igr hence that is no point. Pls let us develop competitively and quit all these nonsense from abagworo and chino.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:38am On Apr 23, 2016
giles14:
may b cos we voted for ifeanyi ubah durin d last gov election and so he decided to punish us.even Peter obi did same thing.
After Awka development, Nnewi is net, but I hope people are ready to give way for government developments, we know what happened when Peter was trying to expand Nnewi/Nneobi road, Nnewi mall and Okada ban, they drag state government to court. Dualizing Nnewi roads so many buildings will go down, I hope they are ready

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by AnamCity: 9:44am On Apr 23, 2016
A lot of occasion takes place at Finotel every now and then.

7 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by giles14(m): 9:51am On Apr 23, 2016
post=44962810:

After Awka development, Nnewi is net, but I hope people are ready to give way for government developments, we know what happened when Peter was trying to expand Nnewi/Nneobi road, Nnewi mall and Okada ban, they drag state government to court. Dualizing Nnewi roads so many buildings will go down, I hope they are ready
bros we are ready. for d nnobi road I have no idea. but for d mall , d land itself is a controversial issues,cos d four quarters dat make up nnewi are claiming ownership.n for d okada ban nnewi strives on nkwonnewi market wich is d largest motorcycle spare parts in Africa son d ban is seen as threat.but above all wen ever Willie we are all so ready.mak my town follow enjoy face lift

2 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Ugonnax: 9:54am On Apr 23, 2016
Noneroone:
you must be kidding!

U said Anambrarians are arrogant yet u set off boasting with what others have that u think we dont have. The way some of u think shows wat will happen if u're one inch ahead. When u see progress dont be envious of it, rather, compete with it! It will be unfortunate that Igbos are persecuted for being ahead, then same Igbos gather and carryout same act on fellow Igbos. Since thread is about Awka without the mention of owerri, why then is abagworo running around it posting negative comments?
I have watched chino and abagworo. chino, although more active in the fight, is more light hearted and comic while abagworo's beef is deeper and entrenched. U see him proving why flyovers are unnecessary and product of failed planning but yet
, subtly boast with the one okorocha is building. He uses Awka as examples of 'small towns' even on yoruba threads. Does Chino or Anambra pple do that? How can such mentally unstable person who support a hopless man like okorocha speak abt Igbo unity? Is he even Igbo? He even questions his own maternity just like okorochas paternty is questioned. What does he know abt Igbo unity except on ikwerre and othe rivers igbo matters where he contradicts himself 3 times per page? What Does he know abt Anambra. Anambra house more non indegenes in the civil service than any other SE state, had her indigenes sacked by other SE states. Contributed in developing other SE states more than they did in our state and yet develop their own state faster than others. Yet one holigan who cant face an average anambrarian offline says Igbos will be more united without anambra.
Going to ur claims of superiority complex. Every state does that which is why imo call themselve eastern heartland, enugu say they re the igbo political capital. Why will anambra man not have that too. If marrying a man with inferiority complex is your goal, i wish u luck.
Btw anambra is ahead of abia and ebonyi in agriculture presently. Enugu city is more developed than awka but Awka is developing much faster. Hold on! Land mass has no business with this thread just like igr declaration is subject to political consideration. No state declares its true igr hence that is no point. Pls let us develop competitively and quit all these nonsense from abagworo and chino.
Nwanne don't waste your time on that imposter...he is y0ruba; trying to derail this beautiful thread by pitting Anambra against other SE states.

2 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by weezii(m): 2:00pm On Apr 23, 2016
Yyeske:
What's the location.
Noted BTW
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Yyeske(m): 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
weezii:

What's the location.

Noted BTW
Sorry for seeing this late, Finotel is along Amansea road at Agu-Awka. A beauty to behold.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by weezii(m): 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
Yyeske:
Sorry for seeing this late, Finotel is along Amansea road at Agu-Awka. A beauty to behold.
Thanks bro.

Will visit soon

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by OreMI22: 1:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ugonnax:

Nwanne don't waste your time on that imposter...he is y0ruba; trying to derail this beautiful thread by pitting Anambra against other SE states.

Bro, you precisely made the point exactly.
Abagworo is a Yoruba guy doing his best to create an imaginary division that exists in his head.
Chino is an abooki that tries to post rubbish about IMO state in order to create disaffection.

We Igbo are always concerned about development without watching out for the activities of the saboteurs within. They figure the best way to destroy Igbo isn't through Fulani or Yoruba attacks, since we already expect and are prepared for that.

They want to nurture and propagate an Igbo against Igbo agenda, in order to make Igbo destroy themselves. That is precisely Abagworo's intent and Chino who is more crude in his analytical abilities, simply play into Abagworo's trap.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by osita76(m): 11:41am On Apr 29, 2016
AnamCity:
A lot of expansions are going on within and around the city. Thank you for bringing all these to our view!
that is great Anambra is getting it right
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Ilovemystate: 2:06pm On May 03, 2016
Citi lounge in Awka

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Ilovemystate: 2:12pm On May 03, 2016
Cofi Lounge in Awka

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Ilovemystate: 3:33pm On May 03, 2016
Best western Awka

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Ilovemystate: 3:38pm On May 03, 2016
Nuvo lounge exclusive Awka

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Ilovemystate: 4:00pm On May 03, 2016
Jesse Hotel Awka

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Ilovemystate: 4:02pm On May 03, 2016
More from Jesse Hotel

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Ilovemystate: 4:11pm On May 03, 2016
Jesse Hotel Awka

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Ilovemystate: 4:27pm On May 03, 2016
Trig point Hotel Awka

2 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Pwayne2016(m): 4:33pm On May 03, 2016
I like diz Awka
Is like is too Big oo
All de Offices and homes i dey see here
The compound too big ooo
Unlike Onitsha
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Ilovemystate: 4:40pm On May 03, 2016
Trig point Awka

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Ilovemystate: 4:47pm On May 03, 2016
73 best hotels in Awka, you can visit this site to know more about them

http://www.jovago.com/en-gb/hotels/nigeria/awka/10000074
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Ilovemystate: 9:09pm On May 04, 2016
All-Nigeria Conference of Principals of Secondary Schools (ANCOPSS) holding 7 days national congress in Awka

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Ilovemystate: 9:17pm On May 04, 2016
More from ANSCOPSS congress

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Feraz(m): 10:55pm On May 04, 2016
post=44952683:

Bro gradually we will get there, I know Ekwulobia/Oke need face lift to make Anambra 4th city, economy of the town is seriously booming, their markets are expanding,their more than 8 commercial banks between Ekwulobia/Oko and Bank of industry with other federal institutions Dr Alex Ekwueme brought to his town, like Federal poly Oko , NPS etc, and sub town Umunze,boast of Federal college of education. it not easy to manage these cities and their subs.
When will Amichi be visited?

I just hate the fact that in every Anambra or Imo thread, Chino and Abagworo are always there derailing. The last I checked, SE states encourage one another and have healthy competitions which is why indigenes strive to bring out the best. What in the world is wrong with you both? Can't you both just for once ignore yourselves and discuss the topics at hand? angry

Or could it be a case of love story gone bad? grin

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Yyeske(m): 10:11pm On May 06, 2016
Ilovemystate:
Trig point Hotel Awka
Trig point dey my Villa Nibo but sooooo sweeeeeeet
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Yyeske(m): 10:24pm On May 06, 2016
Feraz:

When will Amichi be visited?

I just hate the fact that in every Anambra or Imo thread, Chino and Abagworo are always there derailing. The last I checked, SE states encourage one another and have healthy competitions which is why indigenes strive to bring out the best. What in the world is wrong with you both? Can't you both just for once ignore yourselves and discuss the topics at hand? angry

Or could it be a case of love story gone bad? grin
Allow those winshes, we know them. Igbo bu ofu anywhere. Ofu obi. Abia, Anambra, Benue,Cross River, Ebonyi, Edo , Enugu, Imo, Rivers, Delta,Akwa Ibom.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by asha80(m): 10:29pm On May 06, 2016
Yyeske:
Allow those winshes, we know them. Igbo bu ofu anywhere. Ofu obi. Abia, Anambra, Benue,Cross River, Ebonyi, Edo , Enugu, Imo, Rivers, Delta,Akwa Ibom.
any reason you mentioned some states that aren't igbos or Igbo speaking states?
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Yyeske(m): 10:35pm On May 06, 2016
asha80:
any reason you mentioned some states that aren't igbos or Igbo speaking states?
Bring up LGAs or communities in the stated states with no Igbo indigenous population?
States stated have sizable Igbo population in those States and LGAs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Police Arrest Seun Kuti (Photos) / Atiku Vs Buhari Campaign Phones: Which Would You Accept? (photos, Videos) / All Eyes On The Judiciary Billboard Seen Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.