Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result (45596 Views)

What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? / Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice / Can My Sister Study Business Administration With This WAEC Result? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 22, 2016
Delphi:
She has got five credits required for admission into higher institution of learning. (English and maths inclusive!). Good luck.
4 credits not 5. The first one is E8 and not C8. There is nothing like c8

1 Like

Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by yvonnechacha: 11:31am On Apr 22, 2016
try art
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by eROCK247(m): 11:32am On Apr 22, 2016
reforms22:

she should go and learn a trade.
u can thank me later
Political science...if only she had up to 5 credits. She can apply to a polytechnic sha. Most would accept her under Pol Sci or Public Administration

1 Like

Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by Od31(m): 11:36am On Apr 22, 2016
fweshh:
MASS COMMUNICATION, I just dont want her to sit for another examination

why are you deciding for her? This is simply why we have so many unemployable graduates, because a lot of student in the university just go there to study any course, not what they have passion for. Your duty is to ask her what she wants to study, and help her get what it takes to study that, if it means rewriting the exams and get the necessary requirement then encourage her. She has decided to resit the exams and you want to push her to study what you want and not what she wants, how do u expect her to do well? my friend it is not all about getting admission to university.

Think, before you destroy your sister's future!!!

1 Like

Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by matozim: 11:38am On Apr 22, 2016
She should sit for another exam...either GCE, SSCE or NECO.
Who knows, she might be lucky.
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by Irreplaceable48(f): 11:41am On Apr 22, 2016
fweshh:
MASS COMMUNICATION, I just dont want her to sit for another examination
Mass Wetin With that result?? Definitely nt in any Nigerian University!! She didn't make her Literature nd Crs, so there's no way she can study that!
Hw am I sure?? I'm a Proud Mass Comm student of Lagos State University!!
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by gboisgroups(m): 11:42am On Apr 22, 2016
HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT OR OTM
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by doskie(m): 11:43am On Apr 22, 2016
chocolateme:
Get to know what she aspires to be first, then we start from there. You don't just decide for her, know her passion ok?
you are pretty. lets be phone pals.
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by Werehkpe: 11:45am On Apr 22, 2016
Abeg make she go learn Ash-a-wooo work jare
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by Irreplaceable48(f): 11:47am On Apr 22, 2016
Yoruba Education biko!! Oh! She didn't even sit 4 Yoruba? Transport then!!
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by nairayouthcom(m): 11:47am On Apr 22, 2016
fweshh:
my younger sisters waec, what course can she study
commerce: c8
crk: d7
economics: f9
government: c5
lit.in english: e8
english: c6
maths: c5
biology: c5
shes planning to sit for another waec but am against it, she should just go and read the course that matches her result,if theres any let me know, otherwise no choice but to take the next waec form.

Make She go health sch, dey are some Course der for her like d dental technicians, environmental technicians etc...... U can pm if u wanna know more sha
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by zayyadoski(m): 11:48am On Apr 22, 2016
I think Primary Education or Adult Education, because, there she would have the opportunity to borrow from public administration or political science were she can perform better, because according to her waec results she passed English, government and commerce so this will give a + to her
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by doskie(m): 11:49am On Apr 22, 2016
Fxwarrior:

Ozuo! Op its like you are the one deciding for your sister on the course to read which is not that good. You can guide her based on her aspiration and ability.

With this result, no course is in view cos she failed economics and got lit. E8 like wtf?

Let her resit her waec, this is not the kind of results you wish to present in the future to a multinational company even if she were admitted out of pity.
a- guy na, woryieh?
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by Genea(f): 11:50am On Apr 22, 2016
fweshh:
shes planning to sit for another waec but am against it, she should just go and read the course that matches her result,if theres any let me know, otherwise no choice but to take the next waec form.
she shud check brochure jawe
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by onunwa21(m): 11:51am On Apr 22, 2016
Check Polytechnic; Edu Govt
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by Disraelee: 11:51am On Apr 22, 2016
pls why is commerce c8 . Is that the modern grading?
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by Bolasola(m): 11:55am On Apr 22, 2016
Let her decide through prayer. Don't do like my father. Future is bright
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by Rexnegro(m): 11:57am On Apr 22, 2016
Keneking:
What is her aspiration in life?
very good Question from You.
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by akin12: 11:57am On Apr 22, 2016
Let her go for Medicine/Surgery in Unilag or OAU

1 Like

Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by obinnaedubureau: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
Would you consider overseas study for her? She can go for 1 year foundation course in UK or USA after which she will progress to 2nd year of studies. Pls call to find out more 09097978409.
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by sternosa: 12:12pm On Apr 22, 2016
Depends on the financial stability of your family.
Those subjects, she can settle for Pol Science. She could either attend NOUN or go for foundation in a private uni (that would guarantee her admission).
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by Wizkoko(m): 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
Delphi:
She has got five credits required for admission into higher institution of learning. (English and maths inclusive!). That's good. Take the JAMB brochure and search for courses that her result qualifies for. Let her go for that. It's not actually what one studies that matters these days, but how good her graduating grade is. With a good 2.1, she will be good to go in any field of endeavour. Good luck.

She has only four credits, not four. The OP wrote C8 instead of E8.

1 Like

Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by singingobird(m): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
Barring her desired course,that result is good for philosophy or International relations or psychology.odawise,let her take anoda exam so she will be settled in future.....howeva,make her do her bidding,u sudnt influence her decision
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by babamoha(m): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
Estate management.
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by jemila5: 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
fweshh:

with this she can study any course in business in Ghana with a moderate tuition smiley
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by Zibi1(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
Let her read politics... She can be the next APC chairman who knows
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by brownlolly(m): 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2016
fweshh:
She can try psychology. She has enhish. Maths and biology.
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by prinsam30: 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2016
Estate management or better still School of Nursing
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by fujirice: 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2016
OP there is no grade like C8 in WAEC.
That being said, you will discover that she didn't even get the minimum requirement of 5 credits even though she passed her English and Maths. This is what happens when you focus all your energy on passing English and Maths and neglect all other subjects.
Like some people have commented, enroll her for another WASCE or GCE and help her to be an all rounder.
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by saintkeppy(m): 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2016
O'Level subjects combination which you must have aleast a 'C' (credit) grade for courses in faculty of Arts/Humanties are English
Lit-in-English
CRK
Government
Civil Education
History
Geography etc.

For courses in faculty of Social Science are
Mathematics
English
Economics
Government
Geography etc.

For courses in Management Sciences are
Mathematics
English
Economics
Government
Commerce. Etc

science&Engineering
Mathematics/Further Maths
English
Biology
Chemistry
physics
Agric. Science. etc
note i'm using my alma mater's minimum admission requirement as reference which i think is the true reflection of NUC stance on admission requirement except otherwise stated.
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by adisaogo: 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
she should try Political science, Sociology or Psycology.....
Re: What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result by msogunro: 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
chocolateme:
Get to know what she aspires to be first, then we start from there. You don't just decide for her, know her passion ok?

100%! Find out what she is passionate about and help her pursue it. If what she is passionate for is marketable and she excels, success will eventually be obtained.

If the choice is not up to her and school is mandatory, you must get her a tutor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Did Chris Ngige Assault ASUU President, Osodeke, In A Meeting? / New Kano Almajiri Boarding Schools (Photos) / Bowen University Jokes About ASUU Strikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.