Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (183790 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by NoLotty7(m): 9:05am On Nov 12, 2019
roughdiamond:
There are many Nigerians in the business, mostly Yorubas. If you are a Yoruba, it will be easier for you as your people will help you. But don't expect an Igbo man to help you here. Just remove it from your plan. Unless by a miracle. Your major challenge will be language.
thanks.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by NoLotty7(m): 9:07am On Nov 12, 2019
popizaino:

Nice business. All I can say the market for this kind of business in adjame has already been saturated. Look for other locations in the city and you are cool.
thanks.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by brucealex44(m): 4:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
@Popizaino and Ugosample
How you guyz doing?
Hope all is well.
Please kindly enlite me..I want to know how much (TF) will cost me from lagos to abidjan and which bus is preferable to go with..
I don't have international passport but what will i need to avoid being delayed at the border when crossing.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by jojokings: 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2019
Join this telegram link to share ideas with Nigerians in African countries

https:///Africonnet
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Whatarewehere4: 6:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
Hi popizaino hope you are good ? i will be flying in from Nigeria (abuja precisely ) to Abidjan next week and i would like to know how i would go about the vaccination,yellow card etc ..

The information on nairaland here is mostly from people that travelled via road , i will really appreciate if I can get the necessary information regarding traveling by air (vaccines,yellow card etc ) thanks ..
popizaino:

Yea
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Whatarewehere4: 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2019
Hi ugosample hope you are good ? i will be flying in from Nigeria (abuja precisely ) to Abidjan next week and i would like to know how i would go about the vaccination,yellow card etc ..

The information on nairaland here is mostly from people that travelled via road , i will really appreciate if I can get the necessary information regarding traveling by air
Ugosample:

what kind of business are you into ?

that will help a lot

because If you run the same line of business
that you run there, here

You will have a head start...

And N1.5m is not a bad start

but you can increaass it sha if you can

the more money you make, the better
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Whatarewehere4: 6:59pm On Nov 21, 2019
Hi roughdiamond hope you are good ? i will be flying in from Nigeria (abuja precisely ) to Abidjan next week and i would like to know how i would go about the vaccination,yellow card etc ..

The information on nairaland here is mostly from people that travelled via road , i will really appreciate if I can get the necessary information regarding traveling by air
roughdiamond:
These girls look possessed. They can change your focus anyhow if you are not very careful . He will enjoy her most as a friend. Ivoriennes too like sex
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by DiggITnetwork: 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
Hello fellow nairalander.

I am traveling to ivory coast next year and I need some information

1. How much is bus motor trip and which one is the best as I heard the journey is very loonggg.

2. Where are the most fascinating places I can visit

3. Where are the local shrines located as I have research on mami wata that I am conducting

Thank you I look forward to your reply.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by VicThory(m): 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2019
Please can anyone help me. I am planning on school in Ivory Coast, i need guidance.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2019
Whatarewehere4:
Hi roughdiamond hope you are good ? i will be flying in from Nigeria (abuja precisely ) to Abidjan next week and i would like to know how i would go about the vaccination,yellow card etc ..

Mine was by road too. But I think you will have the vaccine at the airport
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by brucealex44(m): 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
brucealex44:
@Popizaino and Ugosample
How you guyz doing?
Hope all is well.
Please kindly enlite me..I want to know how much (TF) will cost me from lagos to abidjan and which bus is preferable to go with..
I don't have international passport but what will i need to avoid being delayed at the border when crossing.

@Roughdiamond plz i need your reply.
Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by DiggITnetwork: 9:46am On Nov 25, 2019
Guys which Nigerian bank can one use to withdraw cash in Abidjan??

Your response will be much appreciated

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by speed99: 8:04am On Nov 26, 2019
Hello great people, it's nice reading about African countries here. I would need to buy gold. which African country can I possibly get good deals?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by daprojectbaby: 10:49am On Dec 04, 2019
Hello guys
any ideas on the cost of rent for a modern room and palour in cocody or plateu
thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Fpxchange: 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2019
Modern room and parlour in those areas you mentioned will cost you minimum 200,000 cfa per month.

daprojectbaby:
Hello guys
any ideas on the cost of rent for a modern room and palour in cocody or plateu
thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2019
please any Jw in ivory coast? I want to find out something.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 07, 2019
Fpxchange:
Modern room and parlour in those areas you mentioned will cost you minimum 200,000 cfa per month.

What is the equivalent in Naira please?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2019
ifyalways:

Go to Treichville , lots of Igbo restaurants there. Same for Marcory especially at Ramblais.

Please is their health care system good? I am visiting with a friend due to her health condition. There hospital and dat of Nigeria which is better? Please reply.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by evergreen9: 7:27am On Dec 19, 2019
What is the process of traveling to Ivory coast through road?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 5:45pm On Dec 19, 2019
evergreen9:
What is the process of traveling to Ivory coast through road?

The young shall grow bus maza maza, make sure you got your international passport and yellow card ready to avoid stress and bribery.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by evergreen9: 8:43pm On Dec 19, 2019
Bullrun:

The young shall grow bus maza maza, make sure you got your international passport and yellow card ready to avoid stress and bribery.

Do u get the yellow card at the border or here in 9ja?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 9:03pm On Dec 19, 2019
evergreen9:

Do u get the yellow card at the border or here in 9ja?

Best to get it at the port health close to the airport at ikeja.

If you're in Lagos follow this instruction - HOW TO GET A YELLOW CARD SEAMLESSLY IN LAGOS?
August 27, 2018
Okay, scrap the word “seamlessly”, like the topic suggests. There is actually nothing seamless about dealing with any of the Government Parastatals anywhere in Nigeria. But, if you follow the guidelines and directions I gave below, it would help you save a bit of your time and money.
Yellow Card is an international certificate of vaccination (ICV). The World Health Organization (WHO) mandates that every traveler must take the yellow fever vaccine. Every country has its stipulated vaccines they require that everyone entering their country should take. Most countries including the very near African countries require that you take the yellow fever vaccine and in some cases the polio vaccine (the polio vaccine is also given at the same time and accounted for on the same yellow card).
• There are different yellow fever vaccination centers in Nigeria, but if you are in Lagos, locate the Ministry of Health, PORT Health office. It is located just before the Airport Toll Gate, the closest building by your left.
• Ensure you make a photocopy of the data page of your International Passport. This shouldn’t cost you more than ten (10) naira. But if you fail to do this before getting to the airport, be ready to pay a hundred (100) naira to get this done.
• The new platform requires that payment should be made via REMITA. It costs two thousand (2000) naira. You can make this payment yourself before coming to the Airport, or risk paying a service charge of five hundred (500) naira. Log on to https://yellowcardnigeria.com/. Click on ‘Register’ and fill in your details. You will be redirected to the Remita platform to make your payment. It is important to note at this stage that a receipt may not be generated immediately for you, so you need to ensure that you copy or take a screenshot of the RRR before you proceed to make your payment (you can use the RRR to search on Remita platform to ensure your payment is confirmed). Now, once payment is successful and receipt is generated, you can either write out your RRR on your photocopied International passport or you make a print out of this too. Note that if you want to make a printout of this at the airport, it will cost you an outrageous amount, five hundred (500) naira.
• When you get to the center, you will be expected to queue for the vaccine. If you want to be done in time, I would suggest you get there early, before 8 AM.
• Once you have taken the yellow fever injection and probably the polio vaccine (this depends on whether the country you are going to requires it), you will be advised to go and sit down and wait to be called for your yellow card. I suggest that you do as advised, because, it would take a while.
• You will be called to take your card once it is ready.
There are a number of side effects of this vaccine; less serious side effects could include low fever, mild headache, general ill feeling, mild rash, muscle pain, joint pain, body aches, tenderness, swelling, or a lump where the shot was given. This may occur within 5 – 10 days. I can’t give any advice or share any experience about the side effects at the moment because I just took mine a few hours ago. But you are advised to visit a Doctor if side effects are severe or if they linger.
PS: I suggest you take water and snack along with you, so you don’t get so hungry while you wait.
The current vaccine given is for a lifetime. So once you get this, you do not need to take another one ever again. You can always go back to them for card replacement if yours gets lost.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Rupect: 9:27am On Dec 23, 2019
Abidjan is okay, I'm just two weeks old here. Though language is the only issue I gave but with my app I can communicate small small.

They have steady light and peaceful environment.

But their house rent is high on average.

5 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
Rupect:
Abidjan is okay, I'm just two weeks old here. Though language is the only issue I gave but with my app I can communicate small small.

They have steady light and peaceful environment.

But their house rent is high on average.

What app you using?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 8:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
iamloyalty:

Please is their health care system good? I am visiting with a friend due to her health condition. There hospital and dat of Nigeria which is better? Please reply.
Nigerian hospitals to me are better. Hospital bills here no be beans plus, I don't even understand their health care system
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2019
iamloyalty:
please any Jw in ivory coast? I want to find out something.
Quote me on your arrival, I will direct you to their kingdom at Marcory. Lots of Nigerians there.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
roughdiamond:
Quote me on your arrival, I will direct you to their kingdom at Marcory. Lots of Nigerians there.

Thanks so much. Pls I sent a pm.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 6:20pm On Jan 06, 2020
I'm in Abidjan cocody area...if anyone wants to hangout out I'm bored with all these French speaking folks.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ajaytobey24: 2:10pm On Feb 23, 2020
Hi nairalanders in abidjan and prospective travellers.. let's keep the thread alive, who is planning on a trip to ivory coast?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by MRLANNISTER(m): 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2020
Ajaytobey24:
Hi nairalanders in abidjan and prospective travellers.. let's keep the thread alive, who is planning on a trip to ivory coast?

Guys. I'm entering Abidjan in March. Anyone game over there. Would like to hangout for a bit.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ajaytobey24: 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2020
I dey go next month.

Guys. I'm entering Abidjan in March. Anyone game over there. Would like to hangout for a bit.[/quote]
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Sunnysteve009(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2020
Ajaytobey24:

Am also planning to travel to ivory coast ending of next month, let connect to make things easier.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (51) (Reply)

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.