Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Twilight Saga: New Moon - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Twilight Saga: New Moon (7954 Views)

Poll: What do you actually think of the Twilight Saga:New Moon movie?

Love it!It's smashing and entertaining!: 16% (2 votes)
Not really bad.: 83% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Hot Movie: Oyenusi Part 3 Final Saga – Latest Yoruba 2015 Movie / Twilight Fan Marries Cardboard Cut-out Of Edward Cullen In £2,000 Vegas Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2009
I personally enjoyed it, a Sci-Fi novel too. I'd say 'The Host' is a tad more mature than her Twilight series as well as better written. A bit slow at the beginning so it was rather difficult to get into but then the pace picks up after like the first 100 pages. It's a case of you either love it, or you hate it.

Here's my borrowed synopsis grin

Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of their human hosts while leaving their bodies intact, and most of humanity has succumbed.

Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, knew about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the too vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of the man Melanie loves-Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer yearns for a man she's never met. As outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off to search for the man they both love.

Featuring what may be the first love triangle involving only two bodies, THE HOST is a riveting and unforgettable novel that will bring a vast new readership to one of the most compelling writers of our time.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by iice(f): 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2009
I'll check it out when i have the time.
Thanks smiley
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Shola2009(m): 9:27pm On Nov 16, 2009
The book wasn't so impressive to begin with,the movie's definitely going to suck.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by chika98: 10:31pm On Nov 16, 2009
I don't "get" the obsession with the Twilight. I honestly don't but Avatar on the other hand? grin
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Shola2009(m): 10:35pm On Nov 16, 2009
^^Avatar?? the kid with an arrow on his forehead??
or james cameron's avatar??
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by iice(f): 3:18am On Nov 17, 2009

Well twilight is geared towards tweens. . .so i can see the appeal of Edward and co.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by maedan(f): 6:47pm On Nov 17, 2009
Just saw the Twilight flick. Always wanted to find out what the hype was all about. The plot was really corny, in fact I was really surprised. The Rob Pattison guy was just too electric for the watery plot. In fact, the acting and personality of all of the major cast was the saving grace of the movie - which is why I'll certainly be watching the sequel!
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 17, 2009
Gah maedan maedan, you should have read the book first, that's how I got drawn into it. Not the best written novel but much much better than the movie. Much.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by maedan(f): 7:16pm On Nov 17, 2009
Naaw, ibkaye, now that I've seen the movie, I've dredged up an interest in the books which I've had on my PC for months. Having Pattison in my mind's eye as I read will surely help, too wink.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 17, 2009
maedan:

Naaw, ibkaye, now that I've seen the movie, I've dredged up an interest in the books which I've had on my PC for months. Having Pattison in my mind's eye as I read will surely help, too wink.
I'm sure it will grin grin
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by chika98: 7:31pm On Nov 17, 2009
Shola2009:

^^Avatar?? the kid with an arrow on his forehead??
or james cameron's avatar??

James Cameron's Avatar I meant
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by maedan(f): 1:38am On Nov 18, 2009
Lol @ ibkaye. . .you betcha! Let's just say, I'm officially[b] "Robsessed"[/b]----- which is what they've called this new film chronicling Rob Pattison's life from his boyhood to his mercuric rise to fame. Darn, none of the so-called "sexiest men alive" actors have a movie like that about them grin.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Dclique(m): 6:50am On Nov 18, 2009
Can't wait to watch this over hyped series.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by exlogx(m): 10:56am On Nov 18, 2009
the movie trailers look nice
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Shola2009(m): 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2009
I rather have my pinkie chopped off than watch a movie or documentary bout pattison,he's overrated.His acting sucksss! big time!!!
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Kunbee: 11:22pm On Nov 19, 2009
Shola2009:

[b]I rather have my pinkie chopped of[/b]f than watch a movie or documentary bout pattison,he's overrated.His acting sucksss! big time!!!

Oya lets do that fast wink
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by maedan(f): 2:15am On Nov 20, 2009
Shola2009, you might soon be made to eat your words (and your pinkie tongue) when you come here to tell us how great Twilight 2 New Moon is. R-Patz (as he's affectionately called these days) is like the biggest, hottest star right now. No bad actor can get such hype, no matter how good looking. Chill out and watch his movies, for goodness sake.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by dastudent(m): 10:32am On Nov 20, 2009
@ibkaye, i read the host last month.awesome story.About new moon,whats up with the dogs.Why couldn't they just use cool ware-wolfs like van helsin and underworld.About Edward and Jacob,i would say i personally like taylor lautner(jacob).Maybe because he is a martial arts world champion and he does not need stunt doubles like Rob pattaaaaaasssinyyyyyy abi wetin be dat im name.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Shola2009(m): 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2009
taylor lautner's byyy farrrrrrrrrrrr better than that mugu.He can't act anything naaaaa,isn't that so obvious. He just has a pretty face and em' teenage girls are the ones causing all the hype,who else cares??
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by maedan(f): 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2009
I've learned 4rm experience not 2 argue with u. U think Jacob is better? Ur view. And since when do teens make documentaries,since u claim only they care? He's a respectable actor,he was in Harry Potter back then, and now in 1year he's bigger than some actors who've been around 4 a decade. Work it out.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by mamagee3(f): 7:44pm On Nov 20, 2009
I personally think the movie sucks. [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]angry
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by OBVIOUS(m): 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2009
R there any BLACK PEOPLE in the movie
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 20, 2009
OBVIOUS:

R there any BLACK PEOPLE in the movie
One

I just watched it, got very irritated when these bunch of school girls kept screaming, giggling and clapping etc, like they've never seen people kiss before lol, thought it was a nice movie, Taylor Lautner (Jacob) looked tres tres magnifique, like oh em gee. (cheesy)
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Shola2009(m): 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2009
I've learned 4rm experience not 2 argue with u. U think Jacob is better? your view. And since when do teens make documentaries,since u claim only they care? He's a respectable actor,he was in Harry Potter back then, and now in 1year he's bigger than some actors who've been around 4 a decade. Work it out.
lmao!!
He was a sucker in hp. . .he screwed up the role of cedric.His acting skills are totally rubbish.
But that's just my opinion grin
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by semid4lyfe(m): 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2009
I liked the 1st twilight movie. Simple plot & storyline and not too tasking on the brain. Is the part 2 out?/if not, when is it coming out?
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 21, 2009
Came out yesterday
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by semid4lyfe(m): 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2009
Wow! Perfect timing.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by stake01: 8:31am On Nov 23, 2009
New Moon was fantastic. The cinematography was way better, the colour was improved, the story was great, and it is a romance story, not a supernatural movie!
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by maedan(f): 12:15pm On Nov 23, 2009
^^^Yep! Haven't had time to see it yet but even the worst critics are saying it's waaaaay above the last one - I guess they got a better director, stuck to the book, and made it more than decent. From the first ten minutes into the film(so I hear tongue) they achieved much more than the latest Harry Potter did in two and a half hours trying to tell us what teen romance is all about. What ever that means tongue cheesy.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by iice(f): 12:22pm On Nov 23, 2009
Does HP have romance? LOL anyway. . .i watch HP for the magic kiss

Ibkaye, how was it? If there are lots of lousy scenes, i go vex ooo grin grin
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 23, 2009
maedan:

^^^Yep! Haven't had time to see it yet but even the worst critics are saying it's waaaaay above the last one - I guess they got a better director, stuck to the book, and made it more than decent. From the first ten minutes into the film(so I hear tongue) they achieved much more than the latest Harry Potter did in two and a half hours trying to tell us what teen romance is all about. What ever that means tongue cheesy.
Bang on point dearie wink

iice:

Does HP have romance? LOL anyway. . .i watch HP for the magic kiss

Ibkaye, how was it? If there are lots of lousy scenes, i go vex ooo grin grin

Just like maedan pointed out, the critics were right about it, nothing overly special but not bad at all. They obviously had a lot more money, it was much better directed, I didn't feel that they cut too many things from the book and I found it more than decent compared to the first film cheesy

I felt that Robert Pattinson overracted a bit too much though, that whole, cool, sexy, dangerous, cold thing that he's character is meant to portray, I wasn't really feeling it, too overdone to the point that it started to look cheesy, that's just me. Other than that, most things were pretty much on the fine side, especially Jacob

My best part was when Victoria was being chased by the wolves, the music was on point during that scene, Thom Yorke is a genius, powerful and very very sexy, she looked hot cheesy
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by maedan(f): 6:44pm On Nov 23, 2009
@ibkaye, you're going on about R-Patz?? What about Taylor Lautner who I heard was tearing off his shirt and walking around topless at every and any needless opportunity cheesy grin?? I don't want us to post any spoilers here (me self I haven't seen the film), but I heard he was annoying a bit with that. But I didn't hear you complaining, so it must have been a plus, not a minus, for the movie wink.

@ iice, no, HP is not about romance, more about magic, but the last one was trying to be about the former, what with everyone falling for and trying to kiss eachother and being so cheesy in the end grin (gosh, that word sure is catching!).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Genievive Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Are In Ije (an International Movie) / Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? / Hitv Begin Double Slam Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.