Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,955 members, 7,835,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Twilight Saga: New Moon - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Twilight Saga: New Moon (7955 Views)

Poll: What do you actually think of the Twilight Saga:New Moon movie?

Love it!It's smashing and entertaining!: 16% (2 votes)
Not really bad.: 83% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Hot Movie: Oyenusi Part 3 Final Saga – Latest Yoruba 2015 Movie / Twilight Fan Marries Cardboard Cut-out Of Edward Cullen In £2,000 Vegas Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by ennniy(f): 9:34pm On Nov 25, 2009
Well, no boy should like new moon cos if u do, then u're gay so I'm nt really surprised by the comments
but 2012?? seriously?
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by ennniy(f): 9:37pm On Nov 25, 2009
@ k4kenny: I agree with you all the way. Oh and u have a lot to look forward to in new moon cos Jacob was smoking!
He definately put edward in his place.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by ibro911(m): 9:47pm On Nov 25, 2009
ennniy:

Well, no boy should like new moon cos if u do, then u're gay so I'm nt really surprised by the comments
but 2012?? seriously?

2012 was stupid, the whole concept, story, acting, everything
the whole movie was just about them showing us what they could do with CGIs (irritatingly obvious)
the only thing they did well with

i dunno, maybe i expected too much from the movie before seeing it
but altogether, it was disappointing
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2009
New moon, as I expected, wasn't exactly going to be the 'greatest movie of the year' but I wouldn't say it was 'utterly crap', holy moly cheesy

ibro911:

http://my.spill.com/video/video/show?id=947994:Video:1800178

Now THAT, was funnny cheesy
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by ibro911(m): 10:39pm On Nov 25, 2009
yh, love that site, its hilarious and seems to agree with everything i think
well, not in all instances
but seriously, that was like the worst rating ever, like wtf??

i never liked the first twilight (2 1/2 hours of misery) though i hear the book is good, my sis has been pushing me to read it
they say its better than harry potter
i doubt
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by ennniy(f): 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2009
@ ibro911

Well it certainly isnt better than harry potter and it's a miracle u have an interest in it at all.
The book is good though. I recommend u just read the last one. smiley
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 25, 2009
ennniy:

@ ibro911

Well it certainly isnt better than harry potter and it's a miracle u have an interest in it at all.
I thought breaking dawn was the crappest of all four books.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by maedan(f): 1:48pm On Nov 26, 2009
oh lawd, ibro911 that review link was funnnny cheesy. People would make fun of anything angry. Not fair. I may be female but I'm sure even the hardest-hearted males would enjoy the movie too. Geez.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by ibro911(m): 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2009
maedan:

oh lawd, ibro911 that review link was funnnny cheesy. People would make fun of anything angry. Not fair. I may be female but I'm sure even the hardest-hearted males would enjoy the movie too. Geez.
lol, i doubt
that ish is gay
audience should be only girls
even if they just showed only robert pattison's face throughout the whole freakin movie, females will still refer to it as ''totally awesome''

ennniy:

@ ibro911

i really think it'll be difficult for me to read something gay and worse than harry potter, i'll die of nostalgia smiley
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Smi1(m): 7:51pm On Nov 26, 2009
I done watch this film since last week for one cinema joint near ogogoro tree for Oyingbo cheesy
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by parki: 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2009
what a waste of my 6 quid wey i for take paly lotto or coral (atleast i for dey dream as i go take be millionaire)

, nonsense movie
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by maedan(f): 2:15am On Nov 27, 2009
Kai!! I better see this movie quick before all these naysayers discourage me finally. I didn't hear the last one get so much flak from the public - and it took me a whole year before I saw that.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by seunwizzle(m): 11:33am On Nov 30, 2009
i feel the movie is overrated by the is it a chik flik or a wat cuz it me its not a seriou action movie
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by dreamara(f): 7:26pm On Nov 30, 2009
Hi guys. Does anyone know how to modify a poll? i actually intended typing in more options when creating this poll bu kinda lost myself and clicked the ENTER button a bit too sudden. Help guys, please?
Thanx!
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by mamagee3(f): 3:28am On Dec 01, 2009
I won't be watching it because it looks boring. tongue
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:31am On Dec 01, 2009
i heard the movie was over hyped, again, just like the first one.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Seun(m): 1:57am On Dec 29, 2009
Twilight was ok.  New Moon could have been better, but they rushed it.
The first director wanted more time to work on the script, but the movie
right owners fired her and gave it to a director with many failed blockbusters:
“Summit’s targeted end of 2009 or early 2010 release of the film, New Moon, does not work with Ms. Hardwicke’s required prep time to bring her vision of the film to the big screen.”

http://www.theinsider.com/news/1416501_Twilight_Director_Fired_from_New_Moon_Sequel
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Seun(m): 2:27am On Dec 29, 2009
My problem with New Moon is the Volturi scene.  That was the only part of the book I reallly liked, and they messed it up.  Aro's portrayal was good, the rest was bunk.  Let me explain.

In the book, Jane was extremely scary.  Edward was terrified of her.  In the book, Edward was arguing with Felix (the strong vampire who beat him up in the movie) about letting Bella go, but when Jane appeared he immediately agreed to take Bella in.  All the vampires were terrified of her, almost reverent, and Bella couldn't understand why until later.  In the movie, she was just catwalking and posing.

In the book, Edward really didn't want to bring Bella to the Volturi.  He actually growled when it was first suggested, like in the first book/movie when he confronted guys attacking Bella. And he took a protective stance.  In the movie, he just accepted it casually and started strolling towards their palace.  He went as far as saying he wasn't afraid.  WTF?  To be continued.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by coolfaced8(f): 11:31am On Dec 29, 2009
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2009
Seun, can you kindly give attention to this
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-373088.0.html
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by ibro911(m): 5:34am On Dec 30, 2009
lol, its funny the way people are just taking advantage of seun's post and not even replying.lol.
new moon was a train wreck.
a big disaster IMO.
i wonder if i'll still be able to watch eclipse even if they make it a whole lot better
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by XFio(m): 10:17pm On Jan 01, 2010
crap movie. and robert pattinson's ugly he's just like zac efron(although i do like zac efron). He plays the main role in the movie everyone talks about. then the sequel comes out (and is still quite popular) but soon his popularity will fade away and everyone will soon be obsessed with about another actor from another movie. He's a crap actor too and in the movie he always keeps the same look. Nothin special. Wasted. So who's next in the waiting list of obsession,  Justin Bieber, Taylor Launter
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Ced8: 12:39am On Jan 02, 2010
@X Fio aye aye to second line
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by phantom(m): 9:55am On Jan 02, 2010
Pure crap, Not worth 200bucks of the 1500.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2010
I've gotten over the twilight faze but I'll still be watching Eclipse, comes out on the 30th over here smiley
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by semid4lyfe(m): 12:08am On Jun 07, 2010
Read the books and forget the movies. . . .EOD!
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by maedan(f): 12:38am On Jun 07, 2010
Sorry to point this out, but the books weren't that good. I actually think the movies made the books look better. IMO.
tongue.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by obinna5000(m): 11:02am On Jun 07, 2010
"Twilight Saga: New Moon" was a big winner at last night's 2010 MTV Movie Awards.  tongue
It won Best Movie, Best Male performance, Best Female performance and Best Kiss.

MTV movie awards sucks big time.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by semid4lyfe(m): 12:32pm On Jun 07, 2010
maedan:

Sorry to point this out, but the books weren't that good. I actually think the movies made the books look better. IMO.
tongue.
I agree the books weren't that good but they still $h!t on the movies any time, any day. I'm still waiting to see how the 3rd and 4th book (Eclipse and Breaking Dawn) will be translated onto the big screen. If a good job couldn't be done with Twilight and New Moon which didn't have much drama, then I don't hold out much hope of seeing something good with Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. How dem wan take show the alliance between the Cullens and the werewolves to fight Elizabeth's newborns? How them wan take bring the Denali clan into the picture and make them relevant in the last installment? Edward and Bella's wedding and their subsequent honeymoon in Island Esme? Renesmee's birth and the final stand against the Volturi? etc etc etc.

Those who watch the movies only will never fully grasp the whole story as so much of it will be lost on translation onto the big screen.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by maedan(f): 7:31pm On Jun 07, 2010
semid4lyfe:

I agree the books weren't that good but they still $h!t on the movies any time, any day. I'm still waiting to see how the 3rd and 4th book (Eclipse and Breaking Dawn) will be translated onto the big screen. If a good job couldn't be done with Twilight and New Moon which didn't have much drama, then I don't hold out much hope of seeing something good with Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. How dem wan take show the alliance between the Cullens and the werewolves to fight Elizabeth's newborns? How them wan take bring the Denali clan into the picture and make them relevant in the last installment? Edward and Bella's wedding and their subsequent honeymoon in Island Esme? Renesmee's birth and the final stand against the Volturi? etc etc etc.

Those who watch the movies only will never fully grasp the whole story as so much of it will be lost on translation onto the big screen.

Like I said, the movies are better. It just happens sometimes. Esp. when the producers are lucky to find hot, good actors that bring life to an otherwise mundane tale. Let's face it, we're vampire obsessed this decade; any decent blood-sucking tale will get a shot at being made into a movie these days.

And oh, thanks for the spoilers undecided. Some of us are still trying to finish reading Twilight the book, so easy on the plot-talk tongue.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by maedan(f): 7:37pm On Jun 07, 2010
obinna5000:

"Twilight Saga: New Moon" was a big winner at last night's 2010 MTV Movie Awards.  tongue
It won Best Movie, Best Male performance, Best Female performance and Best Kiss.

MTV movie awards sucks big time.

Lol, like what did u expect?? Is it weird for me to say that I actually enjoyed the romance btw Jacob/Bella more than the one with her and Edward? It just seemed really natural, what with his fellow wolves and all. I think I'm edging over to the Jacob side now. LOL.
Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon by semid4lyfe(m): 10:45pm On Jun 07, 2010
maedan:

Like I said, the movies are better.
Since you believe the movies are better, why bother to read the books?  undecided You for kuku watch the movies and forget the books nah grin
maedan:

It just happens sometimes. Esp. when the producers are lucky to find hot, good actors that bring life to an otherwise mundane tale.
You're using good actor and Robert Pattinson in the same sentence? undecided Shocking! That guy couldn't act to save his life but I understand where you're coming from sha grin
maedan:

And oh, thanks for the spoilers undecided. Some of us are still trying to finish reading Twilight the book, so easy on the plot-talk tongue.
Sorry ehn. . . .I thought you had finished reading the books since you first posted you were reading them last year, lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? / Hitv Begin Double Slam Promo / Nollywood Already Working On ALUU4 Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.