Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community (55369 Views)

Governor Ugwuanyi Donates N1million To A Disabled Woman (Photos) / Arthur Eze In Casual Outfit As He Visits Governor Ugwuanyi In Enugu. Photos / Governor Ugwuanyi Gives Money To Woman Who Hawks Pure Water As She Cries (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Henrichemeka(m): 5:42pm On Apr 26, 2016
If ipob members are on the street or road doing their peaceful protest, some arm forces will be shooting and killing innocent souls, but no body has ever gave any other or tried stopping these armed fulanese, BAD CONDITION! Okwa nu ogodo mmadu ka ewu na-ata ihea.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by dayowunmi(m): 5:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
Faith without works is dead. While I won't say don't fast and pray I won't also say just fast and pray only, I will advise the government to outlaw cattle rearing in the state, empower the indigenes to rear cows so that there will be steady meat supply in the state and most importantly let there be vigilantes and security agencies on hand to deal with any fulani sighted in the state after they have been outlawed, this impunity is too much
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by girlfriendsnatc: 5:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
tommykiwi:
Tears flowed Tuesday morning as Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State visited Ukpabi, Nimbo, in Uzo-Uwani local government area of the state.

Ugwuanyi, who could not hold back his tears was in the company of Enugu State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Nwodibo Ekechukwu, the GOC 82 Division, Nigerian Army, Major General Ibrahim Attahiru, as well as the Enugu State Commandant, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC.The Governor, thereafter, declared two days fasting and prayer in the State, asking residents to commit the situation into God’s hand.The visit coincided with the recovery of one more dead resident, who was slaughtered by the herdsmen.

This is as many survivors, with varrying degrees of injuries on the head, neck, and other parts of the body are currently receiving treatment in different hospitals in Nsukka.As at the time of filling this report, some of them are being moved to the Enugu State University Teaching Hospital, Parklane, Enugu.

Details later

source....http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/26/breaking-ugwuanyi-weeps-at-herdsmen-ravaged-community-declares-2-days-fasting/

After a horrific horrendous brutal atrocious mass massacre, the Enugu State Governor says this: commit the situation into God's hand shocked ? These are the sort of weak spineless cowardly irresponsible and foolish comments that embolden and motivate those murderous Islamic fulani herdsmen killers to continue their carnage against the surviving communities. We are really cursed with epileptic braindead corrupt leaders in Nigeria. The September 11 attacks on US soil back then comes to mind. Did you listen to the speech President GW Bush made about it? Now that's how a real leader talks. Same thing with Putin, or Netanyahu. They make statements that will have the terrorists shaking in their boots wherever they are and they immediately back it up with the full wrath of the powers of their States to wipe off the enemy. That's how you cut these terrorist cancers down to size and towards annihilation. Pray to God? What a crazy offensive ridiculous joke.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by martineverest(m): 5:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
That's y l like my Edo brothers; we don't tolerate shiit

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
Who is fooling who actually? A perilous and constant land snatcher like he is, is pretending to be nice, shading crocodile tears for Nsukka his people won't stop us from taking back what rightfully belong to us, #ShameOnHim.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by devonpaul(m): 5:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
Condolences to the lost and injured ones but i think Crying and shedding tears accompanied by a 2days fasting is a showplay to the gallery. I mean, how can fulani herdsmen be disturbing a whole state, Enugu state is bigger than Ghana and Togo together, 2 countries. Since we all have left the situation for Buhari to fix, we will wait until he hass enough time which apparently its not even a luxury for the president now. I mean, what's dz Governors problem.. A governor has all d paramilitary in his state but choose to shed tears and declare a 2day fasting instead. Instead of organizing a search and arrest and bringing d culprits to book but No, there is too much water for baba eyes, na cry remain. Lmaoo, Nah men, dats some patience Jonathan shiii... Fulani men attacks a whole Enugu state and d governor shed tears.. I think this is a very teribble and hilarious caption and headline. Lol, Go hard or Go home son. Nigeria is a jungle, its kingdom suffereth violence, only d violent survives.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by freecocoa(f): 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
Fasting, wow! Fasting.

Nigeria has been fasting since time immemorial and things keep getting worse, yet we are still fasting, okay na.

And this one is the one seeing over the affairs of a state, smh.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by 2sexycom(m): 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
crazymod:

My broda i dey vex. I never believe in my life that fulani animals can kill igbos in their own land...................... Men they should be payback. Whether fed govt. likes it or not.

God go punish the governor. Instead of taking serious measures, he declare fasting and prayer as if God only have Enugu to protect.
God help those who help themselves.

I dey vex here as well.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by 7lives: 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
avelock:
Its a shame on Nigeria, Its a shame on APC, its a shame when our citizens are being slaughtered like ram and our security institutions are not doing anything about it. PMB should do something about his fellow fulani brothers.

Shame on you and your governor, what did he do with his security votes?, oh so the Fulani herdsmen have overpower your people?, but na una get power pass na, anyway what is the reaction of your council of elders to this?.
When it happened at mile 12 in Lagos, y'all are happy and posting all kinds of trash on line, it is your turn now enjoy it.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by 2sexycom(m): 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
freecocoa:
Fasting, wow! Fasting.

Nigeria has been fasting since time immemorial and things keep getting worse, yet we are still fasting, okay na.

And this one is the one seeing over the affairs of a state, smh.
if them give me just 4 hours to beat that governor... in his next life, he would refuse to become an igbo man.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Kekeiyke(m): 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
Wonders of the century!...Who are the people that would fast?...The bereaved or the mourners...Sometimes am confused at the type of people we have as leaders.If Buhari and Ugwuanyi cannot solve this problem,is far more better they resign...calling for fasting when the herdsmen are still lurking behind ready for the next attack...watch out for more attacks , then you would convene a crusade...NONSENSE!

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Smooyis(m): 5:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
Vanguard carried a report three days ago suggesting there was going to be an attack on some enugu communities, but this was not given a serious attention.

I wonder the kind of leadership we have in Nigeria.

Having state police is one of the surest ways we can save this nation. I have been clamoring for this for long but, many of us would not see what people like me were seeing.

#teamforstatepolicing#

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
The governor is an idiot and mossob is even a bigger idiot. Instead of arming his youth like Kuala did with bakasi boys and made vigilantes, the stupid governor is shearing stupid tears

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by uncjay(m): 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2016
this is foolishness of the highest order, for God sake, is fasting and prayer the solution at this juncture? When proactive measures should be taken to curb the menace.....

This governor is brainless.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by xynerise: 5:56pm On Apr 26, 2016
Coward!!!!

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by fortune1968: 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2016
It is only retaliation that can assuage my bad feelings and anger.No group of people has monopoly of violence .
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by EagleNest(m): 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2016
Why do we call them herdsmen....they are BH terrorists disguised as herdsmen.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Kgdavid(m): 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2016
DropShot:

The fact remains that the security personnel will arrest anyone who foments trouble as long as they are within reach.

The herdsmen commit atrocities then escape; no one to arrest. The people who decide to attack them as a form of reprisal attack don't always get to escape and as such can be easily arrested.So, who loses?

The state govts also must up their games in providing security for their citizens. What happens to establishing numerous, responsible security outfits in the mold of Bakassi Boys, OPC, etc to curb the excesses of these criminals before the FG finds a permanent solution?

if anini the bird has learnt to fly without perching, what must the hunter do?
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Deepfreezer(m): 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2016
Fulani herdsmen should wipeout Enugu if they want. mtcheeeew.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Enyimbamercedes: 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
When the Chief Security Officer of a State cries rather than takes decisive action to bring the culprits to justice... camera show! These attacks are deliberate and orchestrated to soften any resistance in the southern states to give up land for the cattle ranches when they finally bring up the plan. Are there more fulanis than indigenes in these states? How can a few people intimidate natives of a state. Anyway, southerners have always been peaceful. Make we hear say igbo man kill hausa man for Kano...
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by ipreach: 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
God will fight for us
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by blaquemyc: 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2016
sorry to say this but i think this gov is an idiot, they killed your pple and you're talking but fasting. Arm you pple and let them defend themselves since the fed govt has decided to turn a blind eye on this fulani herdsmen menace.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by suteco16: 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
Mr Governor what is the prayer point of the fasting?

Where were you when vanguard reported about the planned attack?

You should have declared the fasting before now or you instructed the security men to fast instead of using weapons?

Mr Governor I beileve you are not fit to be a secondary school class captain!!!

God is watching you!!!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Objectives: 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
I cannot understand, herdsmen invade areas in your state, take lives and destroy properties at will and you say fast and pray??

What are the responsibilities of a Governor as Chief security officer again?

Can a security team under the state's control not be sent to fish these urchins out??

You sit, fold your arms and watch the lives of those who gave you their votes on a sunny day taken away and you say fast and pray??

I sincerely hope that you have a beloved one taken away in same manner as these unfortunate ones,

Perhaps the necessity of doing the needful becomes more pertinent to you!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by adimsmt: 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
tommykiwi:
Tears flowed Tuesday morning as Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State visited Ukpabi, Nimbo, in Uzo-Uwani local government area of the state.

Ugwuanyi, who could not hold back his tears was in the company of Enugu State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Nwodibo Ekechukwu, the GOC 82 Division, Nigerian Army, Major General Ibrahim Attahiru, as well as the Enugu State Commandant, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC.The Governor, thereafter, declared two days fasting and prayer in the State, asking residents to commit the situation into God’s hand.The visit coincided with the recovery of one more dead resident, who was slaughtered by the herdsmen.

This is as many survivors, with varrying degrees of injuries on the head, neck, and other parts of the body are currently receiving treatment in different hospitals in Nsukka.As at the time of filling this report, some of them are being moved to the Enugu State University Teaching Hospital, Parklane, Enugu.

Details latsource....http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/26/breaking-ugwuanyi-weeps-at-herdsmen-ravaged-community-declares-2-days-fasting/

Sir your cry is of no use, what are you doing about it, you has kept quiet when the DSS arrested 76 men who wanted to do something about this blood sucks from your state and you kept mute. Now you came to cry for what? If you can give order of eviction right now to all the herdsmen that are occupying the state land illegally then i think people will take you serious sir crying can never cut it..
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by girlfriendsnatc: 6:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
One of the crucial advantages of Democracy is that it limits the reach of the powers of the Federal government, while transferring some of their powers into the hands of the states. The sane and proper response within all the affected states I was expecting from the state governments is to as a matter of urgency through the state house of representatives enact and ratify a bill fully prohibiting the movement of cattle on state soil or under the jurisdiction of the state until a more solid impregnable security structure is set up to prevent and defeat such attacks. Also, at this point, bills for mandotary registration of all state residents, state identification or ID issuance, residential permit ID and security profiling are some of the bills that should already be on the table of the state house of representatives. Christianity as a religion as being taught by most of the fraudulent pastors have really dumbed-down and diminished the critical reasoning intelligence of the South. The Nigerian version of Christianity has simply turned many in the Southern part of Nigeria into fools! We have become the laughing stock of the north, and not only that, now their target practice for a full-blown jihad by murderous evil muslim terrorists in Nigeria in their relentless hellbent quest to Islamize this country.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by IshiBANmore: 6:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
Pray and fast for 2 days and then what
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Alokendra(m): 6:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
oduastates:

Bro, I know these guys. I know the mentality because I went to school with them.
What you are reading is the same sense of entitlement you see in their leaders and the terrorists herdsmen.
They feel entitled to graze their cattle on the farmers' land.
Lugard was right when he described all tribes in Nigeria.many called him a racist but he was right.
He aptly called them a fatalist.
They double down doing the same thing even If that thing is destroying them or is going to destroy them.

Awo understood this and that was the reason why all his battles were about liberating minorities from the chokehold of the major tribes through education.
On the other hand, we have the deluded Lagos crowd.
The champagne quashing, always partying and ikoyi/ Victoria island resident yoruba elites who stand got nothing.( Lugard's description).
Unlike yoruba elites of the past, these ones are useless akotiletas without any redeeming social value.
While the elites of the past supported Awo's programs, the current one is useless to society.
Until you realise that people like Tunde Bakare,Femi Falana, Afenifere and the rest sold the SW down the river at Jonathan's conference.
They sent them to get confederation.
They came back preaching one -Nigeria, indigenous rights for non-indigens and all other bull crap in a country full of intolerant ethnics.
People like these should never be allowed to represent Yorubas in any future local or international conference.
In fact, I am beginning to support the movement of the centre of yoruba nationalism away from the lagos/ogun crowd.
I'm still pained as we speak that Lagos state stood against Resource control. All the SW delegates agitated for Resource control, only Lagos a state among the SW states rejected it. We need to start looking beyond Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by CioAngels(f): 6:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
Governor, you go fast? Hypocrite, wait until they visit your household then you will fast. You were aware last week that the herdsmen terrorist will invade Enugwu, what did you do? Nothing becos you are untorchable. May your crocodie tears stay with you and the blood of the killed envelope you dear governor ugwuanyi.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by ZUBY77(m): 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2016
Someone should remind this Ugwuanyi of a woman that tears does not solve problems, actions do.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by richeso: 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2016
as clear as it is some people still dey find it hard to understand. the people behind this are not herdsmenbullshit. they are terrorist brought him from the north to kill in the name of herdsmen
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Niwdog(m): 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2016
This my governor they craze. I swear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose Drives Himself In A Convertible Car. Photos / Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home / Ben Bruce: What Isa Funtua Told Me 3 Hours Before His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.