Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community (55321 Views)

Governor Ugwuanyi Donates N1million To A Disabled Woman (Photos) / Arthur Eze In Casual Outfit As He Visits Governor Ugwuanyi In Enugu. Photos / Governor Ugwuanyi Gives Money To Woman Who Hawks Pure Water As She Cries (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by banmee(m): 6:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
avelock:
Its a shame on Nigeria, Its a shame on APC, its a shame when our citizens are being slaughtered like ram and our security institutions are not doing anything about it. PMB should do something about his fellow fulani brothers.

You are talking like this is new. It's the jungle justice mentality. It's the mentality of "i can do whatever I like because I am law unto myself". It's been in the blood of Nigerians since independence.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by oduastates: 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
girlfriendsnatc:
One of the crucial advantages of Democracy is that it limits the reach of the powers of the Federal government, while transferring some of their powers into the hands of the states. The sane and proper response within all the affected states I was expecting from the state governments is to as a matter of urgency through the state house of representatives enact and ratify a bill fully prohibiting the movement of cattle on state soil or under the jurisdiction of the state until a more solid impregnable security structure is set up to prevent and defeat such attacks. Also, at this point, bills for mandotary registration of all state residents, state identification or ID issuance, residential permit ID and security profiling are some of the bills that should already be on the table of the state house of representatives. Christianity as a religion as being taught by most of the fraudulent pastors have really dumbed-down and diminished the critical reasoning intelligence of the South. The Nigerian version of Christianity has simply turned many in the Southern part of Nigeria into fools! We have become the laughing stock of the north, and not only that, now their target practice for a full-blown jihad by murderous evil muslim terrorists in Nigeria in their relentless hellbent quest to Islamize this country.

Wake up.
Nigeria is a unitary state and your institutions are impotent.
Your IGP just ordered the police to arrest anyone with petrol Jerry can like when Jonathan was stopping planes that are mid-air from landing.
Arresting Jerry can is more important than dealing with an existential threat.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by oduastates: 6:20pm On Apr 26, 2016
Alokendra:

I'm still pained as we speak that Lagos state stood against Resource control. All the SW delegates agitated for Resource control, only Lagos a state among the SW states rejected it. We need to start looking beyond Lagos.
Lagos was against it because the conference was convene with ulterior motives.That is why those who went came back with a bag full of poison.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by aduje(m): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
Where are the Bakasi Boys?

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by girlfriendsnatc: 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
It's so alarming how stup!d we are in the south. Notice how in the North, they don't second-guess when they're going to perpetrate a heinous carnage - do we think this is accidental or coincidence? Absolutely no! They always know where the Christians are, where the Churches are, where the ibo communities, the Yoruba communities and every other outsider ethnic community resides. Even those that live in their midst by their ways, religion and culture are still vividly and blatantly distinguishable. This is what Hausa/Fulani muslims are, they always do ethnic profiling for everyone and everything living amongst them. Whereas we southerners don't even know how many abokis are living under our roof. We hire one, but next thing you know is there are 17 others squatting with that one in our abode, forming their little fraternities. We really need to upgrade our intelligence in the south. We need to take our security and safety seriously as if our lives depend on it because...it really does! What we're witnessing is not some isolated incident. Rather it is clearly a systematic and calculated attempt by the Northern Islamic terrorists militias at gaining dominion over the South.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Tex42(m): 6:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
The governor of Enugu state is a generational fool. A decorated idiot.
Crying over spilt milk, mumu kawai!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by SirShymexx: 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
Objectives:
I cannot understand, herdsmen invade areas in your state, take lives and destroy properties at will and you say fast and pray??

What are the responsibilities of a Governor as Chief security officer again?

Can a security team under the state's control not be sent to fish these urchins out??

You sit, fold your arms and watch the lives of those who gave you their votes on a sunny day taken away and you say fast and pray??

I sincerely hope that you have a beloved one taken away in same manner as these unfortunate ones,

Perhaps the necessity of doing the needful becomes more pertinent to you!

Based on how naij is constituted, state govs can't really do much when it comes to security forces cos they're all directly under the FG.

The only ace state govs hold here is the land use act and in conjunction with the state assembly, they can ban nomadic farming in the state. Even with that, they'll have to create their own paramilitary forces (I don't know if this constitutional or not) to enforce it.

Regardless, affected states ought to start working towards banning nomadic farming and means to create paramilitary forces. The Fulani menace is getting out of hand.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by cowgirl9090: 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
you they declare 'FASTING', this man must be m a d. He should declare *** lipsrsealed

war! angry
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by SlimShaddy10(m): 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2016
This is so bad. Aba boys where are you!!!!!!!!!

Abstract
A new method of finding the roots of the quadratic matrix equation
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by preselect(m): 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2016
[size=14pt]and why is the goat head crying?

I hope Rev Fr MBAKA is seeing all this. . . .this is what he advocated for, bc no sane person here will doubt that since Mallam Buhari won his election the Fulani have become brazen in their attacks, they have become well armed and organized, and the police and DSS has looked the other way, you only hear of the police when the natives attack and kill a fulani man.

let me be clear, in Nigeria today. . . Buhari's Nigeria. . . Fulani terrorists loot, kill and destroy villages. . . . and all we hear is we should support a law that is in parliament to appease them.

No word on arresting the culprits,
No word and punishment
No word on compensation to the victims

all we hear is. . "support the grazing bill" that will take your land away. and use your money to support the cows.

if anyone has any doubt that Mallam Buhari does not care about the proverbial 5%. . . . this is your answer.

and for those stubborn igbos who think the grazing law will solve the problem. . . let me state it here now, that law wont stop the kiling, or the destruction of your farms, they will take your land. . .then gradually occupy your villages. . . .then take your daughters. . . or rape them if they cant take them. . . . .their cows will wander out of those lands. . . and destroy whatever is left of your land.

In 100yrs time. . . those villages whose lands were given to the cows. . . .will be speaking hausa-fulani. . . and your descendants and their descendants shall be at constant war. . . every day, every week, every month and every year.

yes, you guessed it. . . that is how the Jos annual violence started. many many many yrs ago with fulani settlers and natives.

you dont have t agree with me. . . just note that I first said it here on Nairaland on this 26th day of April anno domini 2016[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by olisaEze(m): 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2016
And these are the people the FG want's to give lands in perpetuity to in these same places they've ravaged?

Whoever is sponsoring or in support of that bill has got to be without conscience angry

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by scorpio2013: 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
They fulanis attacked Ibadan recently, did you guys arm yourselves or what?
Trailblazer1:
Don't just weep

Arm your citizens to defend themselves

or better still drive all fulani away from Enugu
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by otokx(m): 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
The governor is an epitome of the current Nigerian mentality.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by AlphaCentauri: 7:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
is it dry fasting ?

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by ritahot(f): 7:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
we will declare total war irrespective of what anyone thinks!.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
Y'all think Bubu cares? This is exactly what we suffered for being Christians from the North until we armed ourselves.
And for the South Wasterners sorry Westerners, it hasn't ended with Falae, they say you are also infidels.
Forget the votes you hypocritically gave them they are coming for you too.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Fawklicant: 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
DropShot:
Very unfortunate.

While I will support anyone to criticize and urge the govt to act very swiftly against the terrorists called Fulani herdsmen, this reality is the more reason to support the govt in its bid to establish controlled ranches across Nigeria.

Chest-beating and bragging (just like the guy below) that these terrorists will be dealt with should they come to carry out their act of terrorism of maiming and killing innocent citizens will not solve any problem but instead worsen it. They are terrorists and you bragging to face them are not. So, who wins?

The herdsmen, from time immemorial, have been known to be violent and act irrationally. The only difference now is the advent of social media and better news coverage. While growing up, I could recollect some of their atrocities I witnessed.

You seem to be justifying their actions based on the reputation they have garnered as violent criminals. It is like saying that because armed robbers are known to be ruthless, people should just prepare thier loot and keep for them to collect at will and the police should let them roam free. Sometimes, the best way to quell violence os through violence. A raging forest fire can be countered by starting another fire in a counter direction. Nobody has a monopoly of violence or irrationality. The damage would be done once and then regeneration follows with each party having mutual respect for one's choices.
Nigerians cannot continue to live in fear because the marauders are irrational. Ranches are a no no! Its a no deal. That is like giving them free reins over a people. What makes you think the normadic herders will be contained within a ranch and not seek pasture elsewhere?. If establishing grazing ranches is the government's idea of solving the conundrum, why not establish them in the north, their homeland?.

There is a sinister motive behind this plot and it is either you are too naive to see it or you are one of those paid to propagate such a ridiculous idea online. The beauty of social media is it gives a voice to those who would have been hitherto voiceless.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by fairheven: 7:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
and you call this 'thing' a leader?

so when next they strike you declear 70days fasting?

woman wrapa
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Firgemachar: 7:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
I salute the ibos here for calling the jelly governor out.
Honestly, he's worse than a sissy.
It's time for us all to face the Fulanis head-on any which way.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by MarkSole: 7:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
[size=14pt]YOU SHOULD DEFEND YOURSELVES[/size]
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by ritahot(f): 7:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
Nnamdi kanu & buhari who is a more threat to one Nigeria?!...yorubas should answer me.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by mimidave(f): 7:32pm On Apr 26, 2016
Just look who's crying now! Our leaders have formed the habit of playing to the gallery. Crying, fasting, praying,......... What God has given us the power to do we go on and hang it back on His neck. I wonder who he is fooling? Even if he is truly "empathising", what steps should be taken to avoid a future occurrence? Hopefully, he will ask himself and his team how to go about it. Honestly the truth be told, most our leaders are just clueless with absolutely nothing to offer. When it happens again, he will come crying some more. I think the villagers should come together and provide security for themselves since their govt has failed. It's a shame, we go round in circles and get busy doing nothing. Annoying and frustrating. Jehovah have mercy please.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by charlsecy(m): 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2016
madenigga:

Mobilize to do what, the last time they did ended them in army guard room plus 200k bail money, I think that was what discouraged them.
The security officials will do the mobilization, not ordinary citizens.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2016
Attention!!!
https://web.facebook.com/olivia.norah/posts/10209814751153448

I saw this lady's post on facebook....a friend shared it on his wall
I wonder if this is true
If it is... shocked wth!?
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by AlphaCentauri: 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2016
ritahot:
Nnamdi kanu & buhari who is a more threat to one Nigeria?!...yorubas should answer me.
nnamdi kanu

i am from mars by the way. the next planet beside earth
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by MaziOmenuko: 7:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
This governor is an embarrassment to the office he occupies!

Keep on praying and fasting!

Olodo

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by mikylon(m): 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2016
The only solution to this mesmerizing terror by the herdsmen is to wage war against them. Shoot/kill at site any nomadic herdsmen found leaving the northern part of the country and criss-crossing its path towards the south.
Cattle rearers need to be confined to there locality.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by naijaking1: 8:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
you they declare 'FASTING', this man must be m a d. He should declare *** lipsrsealed

He needs fasting to loose all that weight
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community by lucianohase(m): 8:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
Enugu gov thinks like a weak dick....he ought to arm some strong dudes, 2000 of them to erase these uncircumsized fulani bastards. That's y I love my state Rivers, we won't waste time to act.... Declaring fasting, what a dick ass motherf!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode: "Buhari Is Looking Like Gollum, Behaving Like A Goblin" / Labour Party Wins Big At Airport Staff School Enugu - Punch / EFCC To Reopen 14 Former Governors’ Corruption Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.