Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids (47832 Views)

Woman Beats Up Man In Wife’s Presence / Would You Dress Your Kids Like This? See Reactions (Photo) / How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
stepo707:
Truth is on the states, that's 5 years in jail or what you just did.its wrong to beat kids that age nor even spank.you should learn alternative way of correction cos am sure that kid did understand why you beat him in the first place

Has if occurred to you that the parents of these perverted kids are also unfit to be guardians.

If we lived in a sane country they will probably loose their kids.

You can't be quick to look at the OP with one kind eye and play cool with the parents that need answer to a thousand and one questions.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by vanvick247(m): 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
Op plz for purpose of clarity abeg explain dis "flog" when u write so dat we go undastand better.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by trav(m): 9:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
@poster. Let me reiterate what others have already mentioned. You have no right under any circumstances to flog any body's child talk-less of toddlers. Children are like sponges they soak in whatever they see and will ultimately display it. Your flogging those children is only making the situation worse because not only do they not understand what they were doing but you are also toying with their self confidence.

There are loads of business you can operate before you gain admission or go back to school like you have mentioned. Running a creche is NOT one of those businesses. This is a business that deals with the most delicate members of society and a lot of training and licensing is required. Obviously you do not possess either of these neither do you have the right temperament to run a creche. I will appeal that you close down your creche immediately and seek the required capacity before reopening it.

Do not let the comments of those supporting your actions deceive you. What you have done if found out and taken up can land you in jail if you are not aware. It is called child abuse.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by Kimoni: 9:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
trav:
@poster. Let me reiterate what others have already mentioned. You have no right under any circumstances to flog any body's child talk-less of toddlers. Children are like sponges they soak in whatever they see and will ultimately display it. Your flogging those children is only making the situation worse because not only do they not understand what they were doing but you are also toying with their self confidence.

There are loads of business you can operate before you gain admission or go back to school like you have mentioned. Running a creche is NOT one of those businesses. This is a business that deals with the most delicate members of society and a lot of training and licensing is required. Obviously you do not possess either of these neither do you have the right temperament to run a creche. I will appeal that you close down your creche immediately and seek the required capacity before reopening it.

Do not let the comments of those supporting your actions deceive you. What you have done if found out and taken up can land you in jail if you are not aware. It is called child abuse.

She doesn't seem to get this part...hopefully, she has learnt her lessons despite her ill-manners
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
jam04:
Did I hear you say you 'flog' a 1yr old baby? Your creche need to be closed down!!

u spoke exactly my mind,,,,that lady needs to check herself too....E fit b say dem they pursue am from village/probably d children r mimicking her old lifestyle (Lolzzz)...kai!!!!
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by Olumyco(m): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
Going thru the comments here except for very few, I can see many do not know jack of Child psychological development. Many are not even parents.
In child development, there is nothing that can be attributed as the fault of a child because he does not know anything but yet do we say because such a child does not know anything we now leave the child without correcting him or her. What U pple against correction do not know is that the mind of a child is like a plain sheet of paper whatever he or she sees, feels, tastes and hear get written on the plain sheet. For a small child btw 8 months and 18 months, his sense organ of eyes and skin are the most active. And I want to let U know that the plain sheet which represents the child's mind gets filled up quickly by what he sees and feels. So at that stage such a child learns faster with seeing and feeling. Now do U know that if ur child puts his or her hand into a hot water and feel pains that feeling will register into his or her mind as a bad experience and will not want to do that again especially if the child has been encoutering such with a particular container that is always filled with hot water. So also that correction by spanking the child will be written on the mind of the child. It's a bad feeling with pain and such a child would not want to do what will earn him dat. A child can bite his mother's breast and the child would look at her mother and laugh...... If such a child is not corrected he will continue to bite her mother's breast. But when the mother spank the child the child would cry and will not want to do that again. Is it the fault of the child for biting her mother's breast? No. But the child must be corrected because that correction is part of what the child Is learning. If u don't correct the child for the wrong he has committed know that the child also have learnt another thing meaning that what he has done Is not bad. The only way a child knows what he has done Is wrong Is when U beat him.
The person asking for the purpose of flogging, I think U shud be able to take a cue from this. If we r bothered abt the flogging I think the right thing to do Is to ask the OP how he carried out the flogging not coming here to talk against correction. Correction stands as part of the tools used in nuturing a child if that child must be morally upright.
The Bible supports correction..... so what's the problem with it. Those who did not correct their children when they were small are regretting it today. I pray that will not be our lot.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by Olumyco(m): 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2016
trav:

What U r saying here about the result of flogging is not valid. Do U know how self confidence is lost In a child? Pls research very well.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by stepo707: 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
DMeanMan:

Has if occurred to you that the parents of these perverted kids are also unfit to be guardians.

If we lived in a sane country they will probably loose their kids.

You can't be quick to look at the OP with one kind eye and play cool with the parents that need answer to a thousand and one questions.
True but we only commenting bases on the report she gave
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by telemapreye1(f): 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
Randy91:

u spoke exactly my mind,,,,that lady needs to check herself too....E fit b say dem they pursue am from village/probably d children r mimicking her old lifestyle (Lolzzz)...kai!!!!
it's your sisters and girlfriend they will pursue.
Anumanu
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by gebest: 10:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
jam04:
Did I hear you say you 'flog' a 1yr old baby? Your creche need to be closed down!!
my brother o i tire, i did nt even believe d age stuff, if its three or four years now, i can believe it. one year, telling him u ll report to his parent, well this is strange.

1 Like

Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by professore(m): 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
This is an eye opener
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by rollywise(m): 10:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
[quote author=telemapreye1 post=47398043][/quote]

Biko shut that trap you call mouth! Freedom of speech has really spoilt some people. The bible says spare d rod and spoil d child. There's a level of punishment for children of every age grade. I don't believe she overdosed the kids with cane. And you better watch your kids before your daughter well accuse you of her pregnancy! Adonbilivit!!!
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by shehuolayinka(m): 10:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
This is a complete lie. I actually don't believe this junk of a story. Oh my God, what has social media turn some people to. Because they said you are free to post anything on social media, doesn't mean your brain needs to stop working. Always want to be known, when nothing about them makes sense.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by 9jaflave: 10:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
telemapreye1:
Good evening nairalanders.
Recently i noticed something,one of the boys who is just 1year and 3month usually stare at the female children private part anytime they are both naked so I separated them until yesterday I caught him manipulating the other girl of 11 month,shock was an understatement,i flogged him and warned him never to again try it again.
Today i saw the other girl of 1yr mimicking her parent sex moves cheesy moaning saying things like(oooooo)i was shocked and ashamed,i flogged her and promise to tell her mum.

If you flogged a 1 year 3 month old boy and a 1 year old girl, then you have no business owning a creche. Infact you don't know what you are doing! You need proper training before you venture into running a creche. Go online and get some insight from experts on how to handle situations like this.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by rollywise(m): 11:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
Really puzzled at some people's response here. I was once a teacher and was in charge of late comers. I flogged everyone for coming late but with different degrees and most times in front of their parents who concurred at the way I carried it out. A parent called my attention that I haven't flogged his child whose in the nursery for coming late cos she didn't even wanna come to school. My uncle's wife from Poland flogged her one year old child when they came to Nigeria cos he was insisting on eating corn which d mum claimed he's not used to. The most important thing is you don't inflict injury but pass d message.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by Trapnews: 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nalikedis:
so u were never flogged by your parents? Ooo maybe you are a monster sha... But myself and lots of individuals here that got flogged by our parents and teacher never grow up to become a monster. Meanwhile, several millions of kids in america that were deprived of flogging ended up to become a monster... Since 2000 there are more americans in jail than every other nationalities put together. Infact there are more black americans in jail than there in college...courtesy no child spanking.
Why is it difficult for you people to become civilized? why are you creating uneccessary issue out of nothing? Are you saying this sexual exposure has not been existing ever since our forefathers lived in the hut with their families? There are more civilized ways to correct kids or you Keep flogging upandan until you land yourself in jail tongue
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by ndcide(m): 11:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
Olumyco:
Going thru the comments here except for very few, I can see many do not know jack of Child psychological development. Many are not even parents.
In child development, there is nothing that can be attributed as the fault of a child because he does not know anything but yet do we say because such a child does not know anything we now leave the child without correcting him or her. What U pple against correction do not know is that the mind of a child is like a plain sheet of paper whatever he or she sees, feels, tastes and hear get written on the plain sheet. For a small child btw 8 months and 18 months, his sense organ of eyes and skin are the most active. And I want to let U know that the plain sheet which represents the child's mind gets filled up quickly by what he sees and feels. So at that stage such a child learns faster with seeing and feeling. Now do U know that if ur child puts his or her hand into a hot water and feel pains that feeling will register into his or her mind as a bad experience and will not want to do that again especially if the child has been encoutering such with a particular container that is always filled with hot water. So also that correction by spanking the child will be written on the mind of the child. It's a bad feeling with pain and such a child would not want to do what will earn him dat. A child can bite his mother's breast and the child would look at her mother and laugh...... If such a child is not corrected he will continue to bite her mother's breast. But when the mother spank the child the child would cry and will not want to do that again. Is it the fault of the child for biting her mother's breast? No. But the child must be corrected because that correction is part of what the child Is learning. If u don't correct the child for the wrong he has committed know that the child also have learnt another thing meaning that what he has done Is not bad. The only way a child knows what he has done Is wrong Is when U beat him.
The person asking for the purpose of flogging, I think U shud be able to take a cue from this. If we r bothered abt the flogging I think the right thing to do Is to ask the OP how he carried out the flogging not coming here to talk against correction. Correction stands as part of the tools used in nuturing a child if that child must be morally upright.
The Bible supports correction..... so what's the problem with it. Those who did not correct their children when they were small are regretting it today. I pray that will not be our lot.

Thanks

GBAM!!! That's the point...
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by holocron: 11:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
Blade21:
how dare you flog a 1 year old ?yes what he was doing was wrong you correct him by telling him what not to do and then report to his parents or better scold his parents , you are afraid of them been angry no no the will appreciate you, better tell them before he innocently abuses another child and before you know it's a circle

You know what is 1 year old? That cant even talk, and only understands simple commands. Most cant yet walk and still crawling.

The OP is spewing trash. Either that, or the children are much older, say 3 to 4 years. Its only 3 to 4 yrs that could be capable of comprehension and imitation such as the op described.

1 Like

Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by pinklingerie: 11:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
LaRoyalHighness:
Is this a joke or what?

Girls asking stupid questions since 18BC.
They told something that happened and the way it was handled and you're still asking if it's a joke? No it's Coke.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by holocron: 12:06am On Jul 11, 2016
I ask if this is a joke or something? And why are people commenting with all seriousness? 1 year 3 months baby?

You know what is 1 year old? That cant even talk, and only understands simple commands. Most cant yet walk and still crawling.

The OP is spewing trash. Either that, or the children are much older, say 3 to 4 years. Its only 3 to 4 yrs that could be capable of comprehension and imitation such as the op described.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by slimfresh(m): 12:22am On Jul 11, 2016
It's either the OP is a good script writer or a wicked woman feigning to be nice....you said it your self: you believe and know it's not the kids fault yet you flogged them, you should be sued for child abuse....the best you should have done is call the attention of the parents to it and if they are any way close to sanity they won't get vexed rather make adjustments to keep the child from seeing them do the adult thing or anything that could mess-up the child's psyche.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by Shobyz: 2:55am On Jul 11, 2016
You're definitely not trained nor fit to run a creche if the solution to correcting toddlers is flogging. I'm glad im not a parent in your creche. You will be facing court case by now. But if you think you are correct, why not try to put your creche's name and address online
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by cococandy(f): 3:55am On Jul 11, 2016
She flogged a child for wanting to try some new food?

I hail una.
rollywise:
Really puzzled at some people's response here. I was once a teacher and was in charge of late comers. I flogged everyone for coming late but with different degrees and most times in front of their parents who concurred at the way I carried it out. A parent called my attention that I haven't flogged his child whose in the nursery for coming late cos she didn't even wanna come to school. My uncle's wife from Poland flogged her one year old child when they came to Nigeria cos he was insisting on eating corn which d mum claimed he's not used to. The most important thing is you don't inflict injury but pass d message.

1 Like

Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by telemapreye1(f): 5:44am On Jul 11, 2016
Shobyz:
You're definitely not trained nor fit to run a creche if the solution to correcting toddlers is flogging. I'm glad im not a parent in your creche. You will be facing court case by now. But if you think you are correct, why not try to put your creche's name and address online
Pray never to stay in a room with your wife and kids
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by niceguy7(m): 6:12am On Jul 11, 2016
When the parent themselves dont hv discipline, how are they even going to train their child?
That's what is very rampant with the parents of this 21st century...they lack #personalDISCIPLINE.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by luluosas(m): 7:03am On Jul 11, 2016
But why is this important thread making front page since April? Na waoh for Nairaland. If it were to be matter of one useless celeb showing her breasts and other sensitive feminine body parts that usually seduced men therefore corrupting their thoughts, Seun's super mod would have pushed it to FP over three times since.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by trav(m): 8:53am On Jul 11, 2016
It is obvious you are so eager to defend the OPs action you do not even bother to understand what I have written nor do you understand what YOU have written. It will be good if you can teach the rest of us how self confidence is lost in a child since you seem to know a lot about it.

Anyways what I wrote is "toying with their self confidence". And if you have done a thorough research on child confidence as you claim to know, then you will understand that it starts from somewhere and such actions over time will ultimately damage their self confidence and create undue fear in little children most especially children under the age of five who are yet to fully comprehend their actions.

Olumyco:

What U r saying here about the result of flogging is not valid. Do U know how self confidence is lost In a child? Pls research very well.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 9:13am On Jul 11, 2016
Parent need to be careful. I witnessed one at a friend's compound,this kids where playing and one of them made a statement that shocked me "Uche come lets do that play mummy and daddy use to do in the night" I was speechless,had to inform their parent.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by Klare(f): 9:34am On Jul 11, 2016
jam04:

Hum. Not to flog and correct then And allow a misfit child into the world.
Mind u flogging varies u can beat his hands
Imagine the poor kid isnt corrected and she does all these stuffs infront of a stranger who start taking undue advantage of her. Which she will so much regret later in life.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:49am On Jul 11, 2016
Ignores the dick head.
pinklingerie:

Girls asking stupid questions since 18BC.
They told something that happened and the way it was handled and you're still asking if it's a joke? No it's Coke.
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by rollywise(m): 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
cococandy:
She flogged a child for wanting to try some new food?

I hail una.

If d children start eating this strong food now what will they eat when they are old?
Re: Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids by jaybee3(m): 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
Kimoni:

She doesn't seem to get this part...hopefully, she has learnt her lessons despite her ill-manners

You have mail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? / Man Hospitalised After Beating From Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.