Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (208200 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 8:16pm On Jul 24, 2018
zionmde:

U know Wat u re missing. That emptiness, that space for a friend that sticks so closer than any other person..
I almost lost my faith. If I had lost it, I wouldn't have been alive today. am only alive because somehow I believe taking a life no matter whose own it is will lead u to hell. those days I fear big deep gutters and transformers more than anything else because I was afraid of bowing to the temptation of ending it.
I never knew God was just waiting for me to give me a life I had never thought I would have. today I look back and say "Thank God he never left me alone"
lol. You want to invent an emptiness for me? I dont feel any emptiness. Dont know what imaginary emptiness you people keep referring to.

5 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by CAPSLOCKED: 8:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
HardMirror:
glad it did. Wish my parent and siblings can all snap out of the chicanery

IT'S HEARTBREAKING TO SEE OUR LOVED ONES BEING FOOLED BY THESE WELL DRESSED CON ARTISTS FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. I REALLY DO THE BEST I CAN TO BRING THEM TO REALITY BUT IN THE END YOU KNOW IT HARDLY WORKS OUR WAY. MENTAL SLAVERY IS THE WORST.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by zionmde: 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2018
HardMirror:
lol. You want to invent an emptiness for me? I dont feel any emptiness. Dont know what imaginary emptiness you people keep referring to.
Lol
U know Wat I mean
u are the only one that knows Wat u feel wen u are all alone thinking about ur life..
All I have to tell u is that its not too late. I pray one day all the questions in ur heart will be answered in such a way that u see ur way back to God.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2018
zionmde:

Lol
U know Wat I mean
u are the only one that knows Wat u feel wen u are all alone thinking about ur life..
All I have to tell u is that its not too late. I pray one day all the questions in ur heart will be answered in such a way that u see ur way back to God.
good that u know that i am the owner of my own feelings, so stop assuming i feel empty. Possibly you do, does not mean i do
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by frank317: 9:25pm On Jul 24, 2018
zionmde:

lol
psycho? Am just telling u the obvious. yes God really needs u. U are a big asset to him. if u have anything u wish to tell him, he will gladly listen to u
he needs me and he cannot prove himself to me, what kind of God are u even serving.

Sorry for Wat happened to the poor girl. Evil is predominant in this wicked world, it takes God, u and I to combat it. if u do nothing it will even get worse. If u really think that it is natural for a man to rape a 5 year old then u are wrong. I mean Wat aroused the man. its the devil
it takes u and and i who are obviously limited to combat evil... if ur God was involved given his perfection(according to u guys)we will never have a disorganized world.

I didn't doubt u the first time I only wanted to give u a plate of ur own medicine
isnt that ur problem? u fail to differentiate between ur claims to have access to almighty creator and see him in action and when an unbeliever tells u something. u tend to equate man and God... u obviously dont appreciate the God u calim to worship.

U couldn't stand in the spiritual gap to prevent it?
Have u thought about the fact that God might have spoken before that event and ur heart was too hardened to hear him? He doesn't impose his will on us, he allows us to make choices. Even the sun shining on u can be covered from getting to u if u don't want it. its all about choices
whats this. did I stand in any spiritual gap when I helped out a young girl on the street whose mother ddint have money to feed her? Did i in any spiritual gap when i some loved ones around me? how come u are suddenly accusing me of not standing in spiritual gap because of my not being close by to help the young girl? why do u suddenly assume i have never been of help to anyone? do u even see how religion is making u reason?

No am not desperate to make God relevant, if he is not relevant to me, Wat would I gain in trying to make him look relevant to u?
yet you cannot prove how relevant he has been to u, just stories of coincidences that can happen to anyone... when something u dont understand happens to u, u suddenly call it God, is this how relevant ur God can be? mcheww
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by CHARLOE(m): 11:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
zionmde:

Lol
U know Wat I mean
Guy u b learner, you're led by feelings, emotions, faith etc. Grow up n start thinking, frm basic to critical thinking, n u shall know d truth, n d truth will set u free! Problem is, u've been taught not to ask questions/use ur head, d fear of an imaginary hell fire is a clog in d wheel of ur thinking faculty, bringing it to a stand still. Wake up frm dis delusion, take control of ur life n stop relying on an imaginary friend, only then shall u find true happiness. Example : if God can provide u money for recharge card, break plates for u, y can't he rescue a vulnerable child from a rapist, or a defenseless victim from a murderer? or is ur recharge card/laptop/broken plates more important than a life? if he really fed some adults in a desert for 40yrs, n some 1000s of people wit fish n bread, y cant he feed starving n malnourished children in some parts of africa n all over d world?
Good n bad things, favour/success, failure/disappointment etc happen to people of all religions, colour, tribe etc When something good happens, d xtian says its God/jesus, d muslim says its allah, d buhdist gives d glory to buhda etc, when its an unfortunate occurence, d fall guy, devil, is to blame. If i share d good things/testimonies i've experienced recently, you'd b shocked, years ago i would've ran to d church to give testimonies (free marketing for pastor business), but now i understand better.
Religion has done more harm than good, made our youths redundant/lazy; instead of using their god-given brain for research, science n tech, they're doing all-night praying n begging god for breakthrough, ironically, ur breakthru is in providing solutions to problem n not praying or seed sowing/tithing, like they tell u in church. (by d way, not an atheist, more like a deist),

11 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 12:19am On Jul 25, 2018
CHARLOE:

Guy u b learner, you're led by feelings, emotions, faith etc. Grow up n start thinking, frm basic to critical thinking, n u shall know d truth, n d truth will set u free! Problem is, u've been taught not to ask questions/use ur head, d fear of an imaginary hell fire is a clog in d wheel of ur thinking faculty, bringing it to a stand still. Wake up frm dis delusion, take control of ur life n stop relying on an imaginary friend, only then shall u find true happiness. Example : if God can provide u money for recharge card, break plates for u, y can't he rescue a vulnerable child from a rapist, or a defenseless victim from a murderer? or is ur recharge card/laptop/broken plates more important than a life? if he really fed some adults in a desert for 40yrs, n some 1000s of people wit fish n bread, y cant he feed starving n malnourished children in some parts of africa n all over d world?
Good n bad things, favour/success, failure/disappointment etc happen to people of all religions, colour, tribe etc When something good happens, d xtian says its God/jesus, d muslim says its allah, d buhdist gives d glory to buhda etc, when its an unfortunate occurence, d fall guy, devil, is to blame. If i share d good things/testimonies i've experienced recently, you'd b shocked, years ago i would've ran to d church to give testimonies (free marketing for pastor business), but now i understand better.
Religion has done more harm than good, made our youths redundant/lazy; instead of using their god-given brain for research, science n tech, they're doing all-night praying n begging god for breakthrough, ironically, ur breakthru is in providing solutions to problem n not praying or seed sowing/tithing, like they tell u in church. (by d way, not an atheist, more like a deist),
you have said it all
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by zionmde: 8:03am On Jul 25, 2018
CHARLOE:

my profession is fully scientific. So come of all that Science negates religion. I once asked my professor, only one thing fails the 2nd law of thermodynamics and that is life. Why? That was where school dismissed
I am a Christian I am hardworking, I sleep less than 4hrs everyday, yes I tithe, help people that can't pay me back.
The ways of God cannot be analyzed through our human understanding. if ur mind cannot comprehend the beginning of life, why do u think u can understand God's way
Am proud to be a Christian
If not for Christianity I would have been dead by now
So if I am alive because I believe in God, I owe my life to following God.
About emotions, I hardly have or show any. People around me will tell u better

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by frank317: 8:19am On Jul 25, 2018
zionmde:

my profession is fully scientific. So come of all that Science negates religion. I once asked my professor, only one thing fails the 2nd law of thermodynamics and that is life. Why? That was where school dismissed
I am a Christian I am hardworking, I sleep less than 4hrs everyday, yes I tithe, help people that can't pay me back.
The ways of God cannot be analyzed through our human understanding. if ur mind cannot comprehend the beginning of life, why do u think u can understand God's way
Am proud to be a Christian
If not for Christianity I would have been dead by now
So if I am alive because I believe in God, I owe my life to following God.
About emotions, I hardly have or show any. People around me will tell u better

U keep on repeating meaningless words. "If not for Christianity I would have died by now"
Is this what u are really afraid of? Death? This is why u are worshiping a mythical being that u have never seen because people of the old have helped u form the word God. U are busy shouting it all over the place. What is God? Where is God? No one can phantom the beginning of the world so therefore, let's scream God? How does this two relate?
Are there no dead Christians?
Will u never die because u are a Christian?
Am I dead because I am not a Christian?

Why do u make baseless comparison and hold on this dead straw as to why u remain a Christian.

In all ur ranting I am yet to see one single value Christianity has given u.

All that u claim to have achieved as a Christian, so many atheists, Muslims, Hindus have achieved.

All I see is this special feel good feeling that u have allowed to becloud ur head, u seem not to realize that there is actually nothing special about u.

This life u are boasting with will one day be taken from u, if u like swallow Christianity into ur blood.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by zionmde: 8:23am On Jul 25, 2018
frank317:

he needs me and he cannot prove himself to me, what kind of God are u even serving.
He has proved himself countless times to u but u refused to see it. Balaam didn't decipher Wat his donkey was communicating to him until he almost died

It takes u and and i who are obviously limited to combat evil... if ur God was involved given his perfection(according to u guys)we will never have a disorganized world.
No God handed over the affairs of the world to man. He only intervenes when he is called upon. Angels don't engage until they are given the instruction to do so. I have stood in the gap for a lot of people and u might not believe the testimonies

Isnt that ur problem? u fail to differentiate between ur claims to have access to almighty creator and see him in action and when an unbeliever tells u something. u tend to equate man and God... u obviously dont appreciate the God u calim to worship.
no u missed my point. Op told his story I didn't doubt, I didn't ask for evidence, I told mine suddenly all of u started shouting evidence evidence

thats this. did I stand in any spiritual gap when I helped out a young girl on the street whose mother ddint have money to feed her? Did i in any spiritual gap when i some loved ones around me? how come u are suddenly accusing me of not standing in spiritual gap because of my not being close by to help the young girl? why do u suddenly assume i have never been of help to anyone? do u even see how religion is making u reason?
I mean standing in the gap in prayers. The reason for prayers is to take care of impending evil. a girl once called me that she and her little sister are about packing out of their house in the night because of her step mother. I was thousands of miles away I stood in the gap, a week later the girl who might have been sent to the streets told me the woman secretly packed her loads and ran away and hadn't returned for 1 week

yet you cannot prove how relevant he has been to u, just stories of coincidences that can happen to anyone... when something u dont understand happens to u, u suddenly call it God, is this how relevant ur God can be? mcheww
I can write a 200 paged book on those coincidences.
It started from my very tender age. I have seen so much in my life that nothing can ever convince me that it was nature. I don't care Wat u want to call it, but I am glad I believe Wat I believe today. last time I physically met an atheist who thinks that atheist means intelligence, I dropped religion and disgraced him scientifically. Its so popular for u guys to think u know more than religious people.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by zionmde: 8:25am On Jul 25, 2018
HardMirror:
good that u know that i am the owner of my own feelings, so stop assuming i feel empty. Possibly you do, does not mean i do
I am only telling u that its only u that can tell urself the truth. I know nothing about Wat u feel neither am I going to believe Wat u write here about the state of ur mind. the truth u know inside u is the thing that will guarantee ur freedom
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by zionmde: 8:35am On Jul 25, 2018
frank317:

U keep on repeating meaningless words. "If not for Christianity I would have died by now"
Is this what u are really afraid of? Death? This is why u are worshiping a mythical being that u have never seen because people of the old have helped u form the word God. U are busy shouting it all over the place. What is God? Where is God? No one can phantom the beginning of the world so therefore, let's scream God? How does this two relate?
Are there no dead Christians?
Will u never die because u are a Christian?
Am I dead because I am not a Christian?

Why do u make baseless comparison and hold on this dead straw as to why u remain a Christian.

In all ur ranting I am yet to see one single value Christianity has given u.

All that u claim to have achieved as a Christian, so many atheists, Muslims, Hindus have achieved.

All I see is this special feel good feeling that u have allowed to becloud ur head, u seem not to realize that there is actually nothing special about u.

This life u are boasting with will one day be taken from u, if u like swallow Christianity into ur blood.
Its my life
Wen it was only Me and my decision, where was ur so called atheistic wisdom wen God held me back? He saved me and I owe him my life. No matter u twist it it will not change that

Becloud my head? lol, I don't know wat u think u know that makes u think u reason better than me. There is everything special about me. Nobody on earth can reason the way I reason, that's one out of many

Yet to see a single value? this is a faceless forum that's why, u will be shocked who u are arguing with online. So let's not dabble into personality. If u notice very well I have kept this argument far away from ur personality focus on the bone of contention pls

Yes I boast about my life in God. Am glad that wenever I talk to someone about myself I always let the person know that its God. Yes am proud my God made me whom I am today. If I die today, I will do that with smiles on my face.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 8:49am On Jul 25, 2018
zionmde:

I am only telling u that its only u that can tell urself the truth. I know nothing about Wat u feel neither am I going to believe Wat u write here about the state of ur mind. the truth u know inside u is the thing that will guarantee ur freedom
good! I am more satisfied being an atheist infact i cringe whenever i remember i once believed the bible as truth. No i see all christians as fools including my own parent. It is excusable when you dont have it your belief challenged by alternative perspectives but it is pure hypocrisy and dishonesty to wave away questions against your religion that you cannot even refute sincerely
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by frank317: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2018
zionmde:

He has proved himself countless times to u but u refused to see it. Balaam didn't decipher Wat his donkey was communicating to him until he almost died
He should try harder... I can he obviously don't know to get things done... If I can't see that Almighty proving himself to me then perhaps he is not really the Almighty after all.

No God handed over the affairs of the world to man. He only intervenes when he is called upon. Angels don't engage until they are given the instruction to do so. I have stood in the gap for a lot of people and u might not believe the testimonies
Lol @ he only intervenes when called upon. So what happens to people like me who never called upon him. Why is our life no different from u who has bee calling on him. Ur God need to step up his game.

no u missed my point. Op told his story I didn't doubt, I didn't ask for evidence, I told mine suddenly all of u started shouting evidence evidence
Op told a normal story that every thinking person can comprehend and u told a supernatural story... Look at this two stories below

Op: i saw a girl run across the street

U: I saw a girl fly across the street.

In ur mind if the first one is believed, the second should also be believed? Are u for real? And u say u are scientifically inclined.

I mean standing in the gap in prayers. The reason for prayers is to take care of impending evil. a girl once called me that she and her little sister are about packing out of their house in the night because of her step mother. I was thousands of miles away I stood in the gap, a week later the girl who might have been sent to the streets told me the woman secretly packed her loads and ran away and hadn't returned for 1 week
And u fail to realize that u could have not prayed and the same result would still be achieved. I have seen better results for situations without a single prayer... U sound delusioned bro. There is life outside ur silly belief.

I can write a 200 paged book on those coincidences.
It started from my very tender age. I have seen so much in my life that nothing can ever convince me that it was nature. I don't care Wat u want to call it, but I am glad I believe Wat I believe today. last time I physically met an atheist who thinks that atheist means intelligence, I dropped religion and disgraced him scientifically. Its so popular for u guys to think u know more than religious people.
Well I put it to ur face that all u have described above that happen to u in ur exam, work place and apartment are just coincidence. Look at urself... Don't u sound layed back when the same thing u have been screaming God for is just so ordinary to me? U are trying to hard to bring God in an ordinary thing like getting a laptop when u least expect it... To me u make ur God sound clueless. U are lost in ur believe that u are making a mess of it by drawing it into coincidences.
Ya I can see u have been disgracing us here.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by frank317: 9:33am On Jul 25, 2018
zionmde:

Its my life
Wen it was only Me and my decision, where was ur so called atheistic wisdom wen God held me back? He saved me and I owe him my life. No matter u twist it it will not change that

Becloud my head? lol, I don't know wat u think u know that makes u think u reason better than me. There is everything special about me. Nobody on earth can reason the way I reason, that's one out of many

Yet to see a single value? this is a faceless forum that's why, u will be shocked who u are arguing with online. So let's not dabble into personality. If u notice very well I have kept this argument far away from ur personality focus on the bone of contention pls

Yes I boast about my life in God. Am glad that wenever I talk to someone about myself I always let the person know that its God. Yes am proud my God made me whom I am today. If I die today, I will do that with smiles on my face.

Lol.. This creator seems to be for u alone. Unfortunately I don't see anything. U are just allowing ur emotions and desire get the best of u bro. I am just trying to make u see that what u call God is not really God... Such is happening and can happen to anyone with or without this belief. Its pretty clear that u have been deceived.
If ur God cannot save a little girl from being molested he cannot provide a laptop for u when u need it capish?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by zionmde: 11:11am On Jul 25, 2018
frank317:

Lol.. This creator seems to be for u alone. Unfortunately I don't see anything. U are just allowing ur emotions and desire get the best of u bro. I am just trying to make u see that what u call God is not really God... Such is happening and can happen to anyone with or without this belief. Its pretty clear that u have been deceived.
If ur God cannot save a little girl from being molested he cannot provide a laptop for u when u need it capish?
I believe the bible. In the same bible, little children below the age of 2yrs were murdered by Herod and God only saved Jesus. In the same bible, u can ask why didn't God stop him? He has reasons for all his actions, the one he wants us to know, he reveals it.
As for being deceived, I ask by who?
U are obviously not too exposed to the spiritual world. If u have absolute peace with ur life continue. If God wants to get u today it won't take him time. I have seen worst cases
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by CHARLOE(m): 11:21am On Jul 25, 2018
HardMirror:
you have said it all
Tanx hardmirror, u guys are doing a good job kicking fear out of peoples lives, fear is d power religion n religious leaders have over their followers; fear of d unknown, of burning in hell fire for eternity (how sadistic!) And hope; of a better life on earth n eternal enjoyment, living in a fairytale mansion n walking on streets of gold! (Grand delusion), for some others; banging 7 virgins 4 eternity (dumb delusion!) D ignorant, uninformed n greedy followers will always fall 4 dis carrot n stick approach.
What makes ur story so compelling is cos I, n a lot of people on here, i reckon, can relate to ur story, but were not just bold enough to question their faith or take a bold stand like u. I c u as d dark matter of nl grin
I may not b an atheist (I consider myself a deist) but niether am I bound by d shackles of religion anymore. My wife fears am now an atheist cos I question d xtian faith n encourage her to do same. I still go to church n pray sometimes cos of her, just to have peace. I cld go on n on, but let me stop by saying thanks to u n other atheists on nl, too numerous to mention 4 a job well done.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by zionmde: 11:22am On Jul 25, 2018
HardMirror:
good! I am more satisfied being an atheist infact i cringe whenever i remember i once believed the bible as truth. No i see all christians as fools including my own parent. It is excusable when you dont have it your belief challenged by alternative perspectives but it is pure hypocrisy and dishonesty to wave away questions against your religion that you cannot even refute sincerely
U see ur parents as fools?
And u said u are satisfied being the way u are.
u are wiser than Christians who taught u from nursery through university.
hmm
It is finished
I have not waved away any question from u. But its useless answering questions here because the person on the other end won't even care to read it
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by frank317: 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2018
zionmde:

I believe the bible. In the same bible, little children below the age of 2yrs were murdered by Herod and God only saved Jesus. In the same bible, u can ask why didn't God stop him? He has reasons for all his actions, the one he wants us to know, he reveals it.
As for being deceived, I ask by who?
U are obviously not too exposed to the spiritual world. If u have absolute peace with ur life continue. If God wants to get u today it won't take him time. I have seen worst cases

If u don't know the reasons for Gods actions then u are just serving him blindly. The difference between me and u is that u chose to believe in a dormant God and force things that happens to just everyone (both those who he has promised special blessings and those he said would suffer in the hands of Satan if the don't worship him) on him.
U are not bothered that the God u serve does not help innocent infants (heck u are even giving me examples in the Bible) yet u say he does not intervene for a reason.
If I have the ability to help someone and I dont, telling I didn't do it for a reason will u be Happy with me?
I feel much reasonable and better than u because I dont worship a God who can save an infant and does not. I really don't care about his reasons, I am more bothered about the pains parents go through. If ur Gods reason does not solve it then that's a no no for me.
However I am worried that u are here making excuse for such negligence... Who makes excuse for a God... He has his reasons? Listen to urself smarthy pants
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2018
zionmde:

U see ur parents as fools?
And u said u are satisfied being the way u are.
u are wiser than Christians who taught u from nursery through university.
hmm
It is finished
I have not waved away any question from u. But its useless answering questions here because the person on the other end won't even care to read it
so because they are my parents they must be wise? Lol. This is part of the problem of religious people calling black white cos of sentiments

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by iupac120: 3:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
freecocoa:
So they stole your laptop and you ended up just dashing babalawo money, you fvcked up o. grin

I had a similar experience in my final year in secondary school.

My purse with money, phone and one of my dad's sim card in it, was stolen in the hall after our mock exam one day, and I knew I was in big trouble because of that sim card. That's how some people told me of one woman somewhere, who sees past events in a mirror, my friends suggested we go, (even though I have never been one to believe in juju,it always caused a fight between me and my people even as a teenager then, I couldn't explain anything explicitly o but it just never made sense) but see me na, a desperate and angry girl, I forward marched to the place with my squad.

On getting there, the mamalawo's receptionist told us she doesn't come out till 4 pm(i never knew we had vampire babalawos/mamalawos till that day), we were made to wait and after what seemed like eons, the orobo woman came out, led us into one smelly small hut, I could see my friends getting scared but I was silently praying this woman please be the real deal. She asked me what brought us, I explained, she said I'd pay a certain fee I don't remember the exact amount, I did, then she instructed us to go buy white kola nuts, alligator pepper and some sort of native chalk, we went, bought the items came back, handed them over and she asked me if I wanted the person mad or dead, after singing one fake song she just composed right there, I was like shocked, madam I just want my purse and things in it ni.

There I was, hoping that this woman would show me who stole my stuff in the mirror, only for this oloriburuku of a woman to say that, there's no other way, that it's either the person dies or runs mad, Tbh I felt like puncturing her fat stomach that day for wasting my time and money but I just told her to forget about the whole thing, all she was able to achieve was give me proof of all the talk about juju being hogwash.

Anyways what am I saying? I'm saying that, if we humans can decide not to hurt people who genuinely wronged us, then a god who decides to burn people in an endless fire for doing absolutely nothing, but exercise their freewill of not choosing to worship him, then he is not only a psychopath but a dumb one at that and the idea of such a god, should be vehemently discouraged.
freecocoa:
So they stole your laptop and you ended up just dashing babalawo money, you fvcked up o. grin

My purse with money, phone and one of my dad's sim card in it, was stolen in the hall after our mock exam one day, and I knew I was in big trouble because of that sim card. That's how some people told me of one woman somewhere, who sees past events in a mirror, my friends suggested we go, (even though I have never been one to believe in juju,it always caused a fight between me and my people even as a teenager then, I couldn't explain anything explicitly o but it just never made sense) but see me na, a desperate and angry girl, I forward marched to the place with my squad.

On getting there, the mamalawo's receptionist told us she doesn't come out till 4 pm(i never knew we had vampire babalawos/mamalawos till that day), we were made to wait and after what seemed like eons, the orobo woman came out, led us into one smelly small hut, I could see my friends getting scared but I was silently praying this woman please be the real deal. She asked me what brought us, I explained, she said I'd pay a certain fee I don't remember the exact amount, I did, then she instructed us to go buy white kola nuts, alligator pepper and some sort of native chalk, we went, bought the items came back, handed them over and she asked me if I wanted the person mad or dead, after singing one fake song she just composed right there, I was like shocked, madam I just want my purse and things in it ni.

There I was, hoping that this woman would show me who stole my stuff in the mirror, only for this oloriburuku of a woman to say that, there's no other way, that it's either the person dies or runs mad, Tbh I felt like puncturing her fat stomach that day for wasting my time and money but I just told her to forget about the whole thing, all she was able to achieve was give me proof of all the talk about juju being hogwash.

Anyways what am I saying? I'm saying that, if we humans can decide not to hurt people who genuinely wronged us, then a god who decides to burn people in an endless fire for doing absolutely nothing, but exercise their freewill of not choosing to worship him, then he is not only a psychopath but a dumb one at that and the idea of such a god, should be vehemently discouraged.
freecocoa:

My sister, you have spoken based on your perception of how God should behave. I understand where you're coming from! But the Bible made us to understand that the way of God is different from the way of man.
Take this scenario to get more understanding on the way of God. Luke 13:1-5
JESUS lived a life full of love during his earthly ministry and never hurt a fly, but when the disciples met him in Luke 13 and started to inform Jesus about the Galileans (masses) that was killed by Pilate (leader) hoping that Jesus would rebuke/curse Pilate, rather Jesus told them except you repent you shall like perish.
God is not a man that you should use human wisdom because it is foolishness to him.
I studied about many books questioning the existence of God before I gave my life to Christ.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by ScepticalPyrrho: 12:31am On Jul 26, 2018
iupac120:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
My sister, you have spoken based on your perception of how God should behave. I understand where you're coming from! But the Bible made us to understand that the way of God is different from the way of man. Luke 13:1-5
JESUS lived a life full of love during his earthly ministry and never hurt a fly, but when the disciples met him in Luke 13 and started to inform Jesus about the Galileans (masses) that was killed by Pilate (leader) hoping that Jesus would rebuke/curse Pilate, rather Jesus told them except you repent you shall like perish.
God is not a man that you should use human wisdom because it is foolishness to him.
I studied about many books questioning the existence of God before I gave my life to Christ.

"The way of God is different from the way of man"
But you manage to give your life to Christ?

Say something coherent, abeg.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by orisa37: 6:24am On Jul 26, 2018
We are talking of Christianity not Piggery 'cos you have discovered you are just a swine.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by frank317: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2018
orisa37:
We are talking of Christianity not Piggery 'cos you have discovered you are just a swine.

Why are u so pained... We are not the ones that asked your God to go into hiding
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by orisa37: 9:30am On Jul 26, 2018
Pained? No. I see my God everyday and everytime I value to. It is you who cannot see my God because He won't cast His Pearls among swines.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 11:25am On Jul 26, 2018
orisa37:
Pained? No. I see my God everyday and everytime I value to. It is you who cannot see my God because He won't cast His Pearls among swines.
ok ok. You are right, you know what you are saying. Good. At last someone who knows god.
Please what makes god real to you? Let us start from there

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by orisa37: 12:57pm On Jul 26, 2018
Good question.
Correction, when you talk about my God, use capital G 'cos Orisa you are talking to is a Spirit god, Son of The Supreme Spirit, God in Heaven.
God shows Himself to all those He loves in Human Forms of different sizes, and sometimes in your Late Father and Mother pictures etc. Adam and eve saw Him many times. They only lost Faith 'cos of their disobedience and Hope in trusting Him.
Abraham conversed with Him and from the recorded experience of Abraham, I know that we have more than 36 Righteous men in Nigeria to qualify her for a Jerusalem, City of God.
He came to This Earth in the Form of Jesus Christ to show us who we really are and offer us Eternal Life. I personally have other experiences which I shall divulge in a year's time..
I do not envil you for losing your Faith but I pray that you regain Heart, Soul, Mind and be Born again.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by UyiIredia(m): 2:23pm On Jul 26, 2018
I am a realist and have since realized that some people will continually make the choice to have a religion of sorts even supposing there was none. Some others are amenable to leave religion and see it for what it is: mere men talking. Instead of talking on Nairaland it may help to write books on it.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2018
UyiIredia:
I am a realist and have since realized that some people will continually make the choice to have a religion of sorts even supposing there was none. Some others are amenable to leave religion and see it for what it is: mere men talking. Instead of talking on Nairaland it may help to write books on it.
nairaland gives a lot of exposure to your writeups too
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by cezarman(m): 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2018
reasonwitme:
i am crying right now cos of u my brother.how can God allow an asset to his kingdom to wander away.u r an extraordinary being, deep rooted in God,did wonders and about to turn d world around for him but here u r,wandering away. Y God?I have one prayer point;God Pls prove urself again in d life of dis ur son so he can testify of ur existence.my brother,u r too dangerous and knowledgeble to b left in d hands of unbelief.u shall do greater things for God.

The reason why god allowed such an asset to wander of was because he(god) has no power to stop him. It's that simple.

Don't waste your tearssmiley
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by tunene66: 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
An interesting discourse I must confess. Many thought provoking discourse from all sides. However on JESUS CHRIST the solid rock I stand.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by yemmit90: 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2018
Being awhile i took part in this type of discussion. If you are here argueing with Atheists or Deists, you are simply wasting your time because you can never have require facts to backup your claims.

We are simply what we believed. Serving God or not have nothing to do with your existence. Although, religions give hope upon hope with no hope of when and how to fulfil them. Human need more wisdoms and ability to exploit nature than they needs prayers or worshiping a particular god. The fact is that, if you dont act, no amount of paryers can solve your problems.

Every problem ever knows to humanity have a solution,it is only left for us to use our natural talents and wisdoms to discover these solutions.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (90) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.