Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (208743 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dontrulee: 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2021
3. Where exactly did God state that He wanted all men to be saved and come to a knowing of the Truth(Jesus Christ) ? undecided

Didn't the same reveal that the soul that sins must die - Ezekiel 18 vs 1 -3 ? undecided

3. 1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 2:4 *Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth*

B. Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dontrulee: 7:52pm On Jul 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Ok undecided

2. I understand you better now. undecided

3. Where exactly did God state that He wanted all men to be saved and come to a knowing of the Truth(Jesus Christ) ? undecided

Didn't the same reveal that the soul that sins must die - Ezekiel 18 vs 1 -3 ? undecided

Wasn't it Jesus Christ who declared that only a few who enter into the Kingdom of God will make it into Heaven - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 ? undecided

4. Ok, so those in the underworld are those who have been granted eternal life - this by believing in God -, and not those condemned to perish upon death on this earth. undecided
Then, If they already have eternal life and this through Jesus Christ, why do the Sons of God need to go preach to them again? undecided

The reason why Jesus mentioned that only few will make or enter the kingdom of heaven is the same reason why he declared that he is the way, the truth and the Life. So that it wouldn't just be few who will enter the kingdom but as many that believed on his name. (Do you understand)
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dontrulee: 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Ok undecided

2. I understand you better now. undecided

Wasn't it Jesus Christ who declared that only a few who enter into the Kingdom of God will make it into Heaven - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 ? undecided

4. Ok, so those in the underworld are those who have been granted eternal life - this by believing in God -, and not those condemned to perish upon death on this earth. undecided
Then, If they already have eternal life and this through Jesus Christ, why do the Sons of God need to go preach to them again? undecided

Everyone who dies and have ever died will go the underworld whether they have been granted eternal life or not. What will seperate those that have recieved the gift of eternal life is when the trumpet shall sound, they shall awake and meet the Lord in the air while the remaining shall remain asleep till the judgment day. (Do you understand)
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dontrulee: 7:55pm On Jul 26, 2021
wirinet:

Gbam. To the discerning, you have achieved enlightenment or Buddhahood. God is a personal experience. Different people have their own personal experience of God and some don't experience it at all. It does not make one person's experience more valid than another. The greatest tragedy to me is trying to convince others to accept your own experience of God as the only valid experience, while everyone else experience is invalid.

Exactly Boss.
The concept of spirituality is a personal experience. Some are interested in God, some are not. It's Choice
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2021
dontrulee:

3. 1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 2:4 *Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth*

B. Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23.
Those are supposedly the words of Paul, not God. And we know that God is True so He cannot contradict His own self. undecided
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2021
dontrulee:

Everyone who dies and have ever died will go the underworld whether they have been granted eternal life or not. What will seperate those that have recieved the gift of eternal life is when the trumpet shall sound, they shall awake and meet the Lord in the air while the remaining shall remain asleep till the judgment day. (Do you understand)
So, when God said dust to dust, in Genesis 3 vs 17 - 19, you assume that He didn't mean it? undecided
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dontrulee: 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Those are supposedly the words of Paul, not God. And we know that God is True so He cannot contradict His own self. undecided

Alright Sir. So you feel God will sacrifice is only begotten son just for few people to make heaven? Did Jesus die for a few people or for the whole world? Jesus understood that his mission to die on the cross was to give man the access to eternal life (which is a gift) but unfortunately man has free choice and hence can refuse the gift of eternal life and choose death instead.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dontrulee: 8:07pm On Jul 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, when God said dust to dust, in Genesis 3 vs 17 - 19, you assume that He didn't mean it? undecided

Of course God meant it and it's a reality. When we die we shall all return to dust. And that's why this mortal body will put on immortality on the day that Christ's comes again.
Ezekiel 37
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2021
dontrulee:
The reason why Jesus mentioned that only few will make or enter the kingdom of heaven is the same reason why he declared that he is the way, the truth and the Life. So that it wouldn't just be few who will enter the kingdom but as many that believed on his name. (Do you understand)
Huh? undecided
I don't follow at all. undecided
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dontrulee: 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Huh? undecided
I don't follow at all. undecided

Let me explain better. When Jesus made the statement that only a few will get to heaven, he was still on earth and had not died yet. But after he died, the gates became wide opened. (Do you understand now)
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2021
dontrulee:
Alright Sir. So you feel God will sacrifice is only begotten son just for few people to make heaven? Did Jesus die for a few people or for the whole world? Jesus understood that his mission to die on the cross was to give man the access to eternal life (which is a gift) but unfortunately man has free choice and hence can refuse the gift of eternal life and choose death instead.
God did not "sacrifice" Jesus Christ. Instead, He gave Jesus Christ, His New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God, to the world so that those who will believe in Him will not perish- be returned to dust when they die - but instead be given eternal life instead- John 3 vs 16 undecided

And Jesus Christ, we know, died in order to make available the New Covenant/agreement/Law, promised by God since even the time of Abraham, to not just the lost sheep of Israel but also those of the Gentile world. undecided

Now, it is one thing to make a thing available and another for that thing, in this case, the Law to be accepted by individuals. And according to Jesus Christ, only a few will indeed accept that Law that He made available to them - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 - the Law as it is in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2021
dontrulee:

Of course God meant it and it's a reality. When we die we shall all return to dust. And that's why this mortal body will put on immortality on the day that Christ's comes again.
Ezekiel 37
You are still not saying what God Himself said at all. God Judged the unbeliever Adam, declaring "....till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return." - Genesis 3 vs 19 undecided

God did not there say only your body will return to dust....no, instead, He declared that man(mind, body, soul) will return to dust when man dies. undecided

You however believe there is an underworld where all men go to whether granted eternal/after life or not, and this idea is against God's own judgement in Genesis 3 vs 19. undecided
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2021
dontrulee:

Let me explain better. When Jesus made the statement that only a few will get to heaven, he was still on earth and had not died yet. But after he died, the gates became wide opened. (Do you understand now)
The gates became wide open to what? How? I still don't follow at all. undecided
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dontrulee: 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God did not "sacrifice" Jesus Christ. Instead, He gave Jesus Christ, His New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God, to the world so that those who will believe in Him will not perish- be returned to dust when they die - but instead be given eternal life instead- John 3 vs 16 undecided

And Jesus Christ, we know, died in order to make available the New Covenant/agreement/Law, promised by God since even the time of Abraham, to not just the lost sheep of Israel but also those of the Gentile world. undecided

Now, it is one thing to make a thing available and another for that thing, in this case, the Law to be accepted by individuals. And according to Jesus Christ, only a few will indeed accept that Law that He made available to them - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 - the Law as it is in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Giving is sacrifice!
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dontrulee: 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The gates became wide open to what? How? I still don't follow at all. undecided

So that men can be saved!
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dontrulee: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are still not saying what God Himself said at all. God Judged the unbeliever Adam, declaring "....till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return." - Genesis 3 vs 19 undecided

God did not there say only your body will return to dust....no, instead, He declared that man(mind, body, soul) will return to dust when man dies. undecided

You however believe there is an underworld where all men go to whether granted eternal/after life or not, and this idea is against God's own judgement in Genesis 3 vs 19. undecided

Man is not mind, body and soul.
Man is body, soul and spirit.
1 Thessalonians 5:23
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2021
dontrulee:
.Giving is sacrifice!
Well, God gave but God's hand never really let go so did God really make any sacrifice in this? undecided

I can more closely understand God giving a New Law/Covenant/Agreement but a "sacrifice", not so much since God lost nothing in the deal at all. undecided
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2021
dontrulee:
So that men can be saved!
The gates were open from the time of John the Baptist, remember?
From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force. - Matthew 11 vs 12
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2021
dontrulee:

Man is not mind, body and soul.
Man is body, soul and spirit.
1 Thessalonians 5:23
Ok.. so man in his entirety was to be reduced back to dust from which it was created. If you believe that, then explain your response below. undecided
dontrulee:
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dontrulee: 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Well, God gave but God's hand never really let go so did God really make any sacrifice in this? undecided

I can more closely understand God giving a New Law/Covenant/Agreement but a "sacrifice", not so much since God lost nothing in the deal at all. undecided

Alright, if you think you're right, no problem.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dontrulee: 9:37pm On Jul 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The gates were open from the time of John the Baptist, remember?

That the kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force doesn't mean that the gate was open. Do you understand the meaning of the verse?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Kobojunkie: 9:39pm On Jul 26, 2021
dontrulee:

Alright, if you think you're right, no problem.
I don't think I am right. I am simply basing my response on what Jesus Christ Himself said is all. He did not say He was a sacrifice nor did He say His death wasn't part of the plan. His life, He freely gave too. undecided
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2021
dontrulee:
.That the kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force doesn't mean that the gate was open. Do you understand the meaning of the verse?
You tell me what it means then. undecided
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dontrulee: 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Ok.. so man in his entirety was to be reduced back to dust from which it was created. If you believe that, then explain your response below. undecided

You mentioned man as (body, mind and soul).
What's the difference between mind and soul?

Let me explain the concept of the underworld.
When God gave the judgement of death upon Adam, Adam didn't die physically immediately but he died spiritually. Death is simply separation from God(the source and author of Life). So when a man dies ( he dies both physically and spiritually) but since spirits never dies and spirit is a component of man, it means that when a man dies he truly isn't dead and that's why Jesus will say, he is not dead but only asleep because spirits don't die.

The underworld is a place where all men sleep before the judgement arrives (scriptural references coming soon). It's all in the Bible.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by wirinet(m): 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2021
dontrulee:

The concept of eternal life is senseless to me. Why would someone want to live forever. Nothing lives for ever, not even the Universe.

Why not live your best life you can now and then instead of living for a life that is yet to come?
When I say best life, I don't mean coveting sensory pleasures, but creating happiness to those around you.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Kobojunkie: 9:59pm On Jul 26, 2021
dontrulee:
.You mentioned man as (body, mind and soul).
What's the difference between mind and soul?

Let me explain the concept of the underworld.
When God gave the judgement of death upon Adam, Adam didn't die physically immediately but he died spiritually. Death is simply separation from God(the source and author of Life). So when a man dies ( he dies both physically and spiritually) but since spirits never dies and spirit is a component of man, it means that when a man dies he truly isn't dead and that's why Jesus will say, he is not dead but only asleep because spirits don't die.

The underworld is a place where all men sleep before the judgement arrives (scriptural references coming soon). It's all in the Bible.
1. Judging by my own experiences, I believe my soul(my consciousness) links to my mind but since my mind does not always reflect my soul, I say they are not the same. undecided

2. How exactly did Adam supposedly die this spiritual death you claim? undecided

3. God Himself, the one who instituted Death, is said to have defined Death as a return to dust from which we were made and this in Genesis 3 vs 17 - 19. But here you redefine it instead as simply a separation from God. Why? undecided

4. According to the story in Genesis 2 vs 7, man was created of the physical elements of this earth.
Then the Lord God took dust from the ground and made a man. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nose, and the man became a living thing - Genesis 2 vs 7
Jesus Christ confirmed this in John 3 vs 6 while speaking to Nicodemus, who came to Him one night with a question.
The only life people get from their human parents is physical. But the new life that the Spirit gives a person is spiritual. - John 3 vs 6
So how can a man die a spiritual death when he was never born a spirit to begin with? undecided

5. Spirits never die? Can you also include a reference for this as well. undecided
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dontrulee: 12:05am On Jul 27, 2021
wirinet:

The concept of eternal life is senseless to me. Why would someone want to live forever. Nothing lives for ever, not even the Universe.

Why not live your best life you can now and then instead of living for a life that is yet to come?
When I say best life, I don't mean coveting sensory pleasures, but creating happiness to those around you.

True, before a man awakens, he would always want to live a long life. But a fully awakened man is never born and he never dies, he only changes form
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dontrulee: 12:15am On Jul 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Judging by my own experiences, I believe my soul(my consciousness) links to my mind but since my mind does not always reflect my soul, I say they are not the same. undecided

Alright, your experience isn't wrong though but there is much more to the subject of consciousness.

2. How exactly did Adam supposedly die this spiritual death you claim? undecided[/quote]

He died when God asked him, Adam where are thou?

3. God Himself, the one who instituted Death, is said to have defined Death as a return to dust from which we were made and this in Genesis 3 vs 17 - 19. But here you redefine it instead as simply a separation from God. Why? undecided[/quote]
That's not the definition of death. When God was giving the instruction to Adam, God said, the day you eat of the fruit thereof, thou shalt surely die. Did Adam die physically immediately?? The death God was referring to was a spiritual death, a cut off from the very source of Life.

4. According to the story in Genesis 2 vs 7, man was created of the physical elements of this earth.

Jesus Christ confirmed this in John 3 vs 6 while speaking to Nicodemus, who came to Him one night with a question. So how can a man die a spiritual death when he was never born a spirit to begin with? undecided[/quote]

Man was created in the spirit first in the image and likeness of God before he was formed from the dust of the ground. There is a difference between create and form. Eve was present in the spirit form in Genesis 1:27 says male and female created him them.

5. Spirits never die? Can you also include a reference for this as well. undecided[/quote]

You don't need a reference for this one. Ever since you've been praying for the death of Satan, has he died? Or has any of the fallen angels died? Spirits don't die (man inclusive)

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Kobojunkie: 2:32am On Jul 27, 2021
dontrulee:

Alright, your experience isn't wrong though but there is much more to the subject of consciousness.

2. How exactly did Adam supposedly die this spiritual death you claim? undecided

He died when God asked him, Adam where are thou?

3. God Himself, the one who instituted Death, is said to have defined Death as a return to dust from which we were made and this in Genesis 3 vs 17 - 19. But here you redefine it instead as simply a separation from God. Why? undecided
That's not the definition of death. When God was giving the instruction to Adam, God said, the day you eat of the fruit thereof, thou shalt surely die. Did Adam die physically immediately?? The death God was referring to was a spiritual death, a cut off from the very source of Life.

Jesus Christ confirmed this in John 3 vs 6 while speaking to Nicodemus, who came to Him one night with a question. So how can a man die a spiritual death when he was never born a spirit to begin with? undecided

Man was created in the spirit first in the image and likeness of God before he was formed from the dust of the ground. There is a difference between create and form. Eve was present in the spirit form in Genesis 1:27 says male and female created him them.

5. Spirits never die? Can you also include a reference for this as well. undecided

You don't need a reference for this one. Ever since you've been praying for the death of Satan, has he died? Or has any of the fallen angels died? Spirits don't die (man inclusive)
Interesting beliefs you have. undecided

I have never prayed for the Death of Satan, nor that of any human so I wouldn't even know if such prayers ever get answered. undecided
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 6:12am On Jul 27, 2021
dontrulee:

Sure sir, I will.
quote me when you do. thank you sir
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ confirmed this in John 3 vs 6 while speaking to Nicodemus, who came to Him one night with a question. So how can a man die a spiritual death when he was never born a spirit to begin with? undecided

You like taking words by their literal meeting.

To die spiritually means to be disconnected or cut off from God. Not like the physical natural death that shuts one out of this world. I.e your relationship with God is severed Which is usually as a result of sin like we saw in the case of Adam and Eve whom God shut out of his Garden ( presence).

When you
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Kobojunkie: 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2021
CharisEleos:

You like taking words by their literal meeting.

To die spiritually means to be disconnected or cut off from God. Not like the physical natural death that shuts one out of this world. I.e your relationship with God is severed Which is usually as a result of sin like we saw in the case of Adam and Eve whom God shut out of his Garden ( presence).

When you
You mean I like to respect the Word of God in this by refusing to taint in with my delusions? undecided

God Himself said that man was born a physical being , so how can a physical being die a spiritual death when it never experienced a spiritual birth to begin with? undecided

You say Adam was cut off from God but chapter 4 of Genesis reveals that never happened at all as God was still in touch with them and even their children. Even after Abel's Death, Eve declared that God had given her another, why? Because she did not believe herself disconnected from God as you claim. undecided

They were shut out of Eden but God was still with them. Even Cain 's relationship with God was not 'severred' and this after he killed his own brother as we read that he had protection wherever he went and he prospered through his suffering. undecided

So that very notion that God abandons man because of His sins reads more like a delusion, born of the doctrines and traditions of men, than scriptural fact. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (90) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.