Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:02 PM

Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club (29654 Views)

Poll: Are You In Support Of This Action By The G.O

Yes: 35% (40 votes)
No: 64% (74 votes)
This poll has ended

Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic / Gov Kwankwaso Floats Private Army, Relegates Hisbah Guard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 3:39pm On Aug 13, 2009
blacksta:

@

Tudor  I wish i could answer your question but unfortunately i am not a RCCG member - But i can tell you what my own local church is doing to be a blessing to the members and neighbors of the church.
PLEASE BLACKSTA DO TELL US.
Maybe it'll jog the memory of these brainwashed RCCG apologists then they can tell us which planet daddy G.O has his support and welfare centers.

Can any Redeemer help ask Daddy G.O. . . .

WHERE are the rehabilitation centres?

Maternal and infant motarlity is still highest in nigeria, WHERE ARE THE FREE HEALTH CLINICS?

Education is in shambles in this country as such Nigeria has one of the highest illiteracy rates in the world, WHERE ARE THE FREE/AFFORDABLE SCHOOLS FOR THE POOR?

Over 80% of Nigerians live below the poverty line, WHERE ARE THE SUPPORT CENTRES FOR THE POOR?

Thousands of Nigerians languish in jails due to their inability to afford lawyers, WHAT IS DADDY G.O DOING ABOUT IT?

Jesus said i came for the downthroden and oppressed that i might give them rest, WHY ARE THE OPPRESSED IN THIS COUNTRY NOT BENEFITING FROM THE MINISTRY OF G.O?

Jesus said, the healthy do not need the physcian but the weary and sick. WHY IS DADDY GO BUILDING SCHOOLS AND SELLING CHRISTIAN EDUCATION TO THE RICH WHILE THE POOR CAN'T EVEN AFFORD TO GO TO SECULAR SCHOOLS?

The king of kings said in his word Come to me ye that are weary and heavy laden and i shall give you rest, WHY IS DADDY G.O GIVING REST TO THE MILLIONAIRES AND CORRUPT LEADERS LIKE OBJ??

WHY IS DADDY G.O SO CALLOUS AND WICKED, SPENDING N1Obn NAIRA ON A PRIVATE JET AND RECORD BREAKING AUDITORIUM WHILE 80% OF NIGERIANS LIVE ON LESS THAN N10,000 A YEAR?

WHY! WHY!! WHY!!

BEHOLD!!! The GREED, INSENSITIVITY, WICKEDNESS, FALLACIES AND LIES of Pastor Adeboye!!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-298316.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-306408.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-213061.0.html
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by REALTRUTH1: 3:56pm On Aug 13, 2009
Tudór:

PLEASE BLACKSTA DO TELL US.
Maybe it'll jog the memory of these brainwashed RCCG apologists then they can tell us which planet daddy G.O has his support and welfare centers.

Can any Redeemer help ask Daddy G.O. . . .

WHERE are the rehabilitation centres?

Maternal and infant motarlity is still highest in nigeria, WHERE ARE THE FREE HEALTH CLINICS?

Education is in shambles in this country as such Nigeria has one of the highest illiteracy rates in the world, WHERE ARE THE FREE/AFFORDABLE SCHOOLS FOR THE POOR?

Over 80% of Nigerians live below the poverty line, WHERE ARE THE SUPPORT CENTRES FOR THE POOR?

Thousands of Nigerians languish in jails due to their inability to afford lawyers, WHAT IS DADDY G.O DOING ABOUT IT?

Jesus said i came for the downthroden and oppressed that i might give them rest, WHY ARE THE OPPRESSED IN THIS COUNTRY NOT BENEFITING FROM THE MINISTRY OF G.O?

Jesus said, the healthy do not need the physcian but the weary and sick. WHY IS DADDY GO BUILDING SCHOOLS AND SELLING CHRISTIAN EDUCATION TO THE RICH WHILE THE POOR CAN'T EVEN AFFORD TO GO TO SECULAR SCHOOLS?

The king of kings said in his word Come to me ye that are weary and heavy laden and i shall give you rest, WHY IS DADDY G.O GIVING REST TO THE MILLIONAIRES AND CORRUPT LEADERS LIKE OBJ??

WHY IS DADDY G.O SO CALLOUS AND WICKED, SPENDING N1Obn NAIRA ON A PRIVATE JET AND RECORD BREAKING AUDITORIUM WHILE 80% OF NIGERIANS LIVE ON LESS THAN N10,000 A YEAR?

WHY! WHY!! WHY!!
@Tudor; I know you don't believe in God,,but please permit me to say God bless you man! Am so amaze with the fact that you could even quote the Bible to validate and drive home ur point! It doesn't matter how people see you,,,God might be calling you to actually come and help Nigerian Christians in particular how to apply the scripture in their walks in Life.
As a christian,, I am particularly disappointed at the way pastors,Bishops and GO's re running church in Nigeria.I personally do not have any regards for Nigerian pastors save for Kumuyi,Bakare and a few others not more than 2 or 3.
How do U expect a church(RCCG) that demands members should pay #20 or #10 in order to use toilets and bathrooms,,,to provide all those social amenities U were talking about?
U have giving very logical reasonings here man! How can a church establish a University where over 99% of its members can not afford to send their kids to except the criminals in the society.Are these schools actually meant to transform and inform the kids of the criminal and wealthy of the society at the expense of the poor members who re now been deeply brainwashed beyond Boko Harams!,,,,

Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by REALTRUTH1: 3:57pm On Aug 13, 2009
@Tudor;
I know you don't believe in God,,but please permit me to say God bless you man! Am so amaze with the fact that you could even quote the Bible to validate and drive home ur point! It doesn't matter how people see you,,,God might be calling you to actually come and help Nigerian Christians in particular how to apply the scripture in their walks in Life.
As a christian,, I am particularly disappointed at the way pastors,Bishops and GO's re running church in Nigeria.I personally do not have any regards for Nigerian pastors save for Kumuyi,Bakare and a few others not more than 2 or 3.
How do U expect a church(RCCG) that demands members should pay #20 or #10 in order to use toilets and bathrooms,,,to provide all those social amenities U were talking about?
U have giving very logical reasonings here man! How can a church establish a University where over 99% of its members can not afford to send their kids to except the criminals in the society.Are these schools actually meant to transform and inform the kids of the criminal and wealthy of the society at the expense of the poor members who re now been deeply brainwashed beyond Boko Harams!,,,,
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by nex(m): 4:15pm On Aug 13, 2009
I've reached my abode in Ugbowo, Benin City. I saw 4 Redeem Chapels. On Urubi street, another at Uselu junction (Regioners Chapel) , one on the street beside Kaydees (Hephsibah Assembly), then one more on Uselu-Lagos Road itself. Still no Rehabilitation Centre.

Everybody here knows how large RCCG billboards and sign boards can be. If there was any Rehabilitation Centre in Benin City, I would have seen it.

What is just annoying is that just the way Daddy G. O. can lie to them that they are saving lives in Bangladesh, that's the same way they want to lie that they are rehabilitating people in Benin City. Well, I will confirm to you that Benin is not remote enough to hide your lies. We're here.

The level of fanatism have dug so deep that people are willing to LIE in an effort to paint their earthly gods white. It is you that needs rehabilitation Mr. switch47
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by ikeyman00(m): 4:45pm On Aug 13, 2009
@@@@@

Adeboye is a 419buzzinessman; to some extent

but them there are losts out there

Pastor Oshimolo in london once spent £150,000 on his birtheday

if nigeria got to stand then the churches of nigeria got a role to play in their hands; they got the money but emm they dnt practise what the bible says for the modern times

i means those Pastor man of money, all its takes is a little commonsense chineke, they could build schools for the poor, therein create jobs, modern hospitals, etc

how come god never let him see vision on how many people that had their days messed up in lagos shagamo way, what, is it only M jackson he could see?? it obvious something aint right somewhere

I can tell u the church of England aint like this, every now and then, the contribute in the moral building of UK

the same could be said of emm catholics in Rome

now all we get from this is more money for the rich
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by ikeyman00(m): 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2009
and to those showerin praises to Tudor

i dnt buy that argument

half of what he had said, has been repeated by me

this isnt rocket science

it commonsense

now u see the reason the country aint movin

if one man can embezzle billions of Nara with no remorse, then u wonder the reason some are standin up for this idioms, he can actually make more money, create middle class etc still have your output large
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2009
nex:

I've reached my abode in Ugbowo, Benin City. I saw 4 Redeem Chapels. On Urubi street, another at Uselu junction (Regioners Chapel) ,  one on the street beside Kaydees (Hephsibah Assembly), then one more on Uselu-Lagos Road itself. Still no Rehabilitation Centre.

Everybody here knows how large RCCG billboards and sign boards can be. If there was any Rehabilitation Centre in Benin City, I would have seen it.

What is just annoying is that just the way Daddy G. O. can lie to them that they are saving lives in Bangladesh, that's the same way they want to lie that they are rehabilitating people in Benin City. Well, I will confirm to you that Benin is not remote enough to hide your lies. We're here.

The level of fanatism have dug so deep that people are willing to LIE in an effort to paint their earthly gods white. It is you that needs rehabilitation Mr. switch47 
Bangladesh?
Is that where they're hiding the rehab centres? grin grin grin

We all know there are RCCG offices branches on every street corner and ye members would never let us forget that. . . . But why is it no matter how we strain our eyes or look WE NEVER SEE THE POVERTY ALLEVIATION SCHEMES OR THE FREE HEALTH CLINICS?

Why are they hidden or do we need spiritual eyes to see them?
Are they part of the concealed mysteries of the kingdom?

The WORD of the Lord says "FREELY HAVE YE RECEIVED, FREELY SHALL YE GIVE"

DADDY G.O WHEN ARE WE GOING TO START RECEIVING FREE?

WHY MUST I PAY EXHORBITANT FEES TO EDUCATE MY CHILD IN THE WAY OF THE LORD?!

WHY SHOULD I PAY TO BUY YOUR AUDIO AND VIDEO TAPES WHEN YOU CAN UPLOAD IT ONLINE FOR ME TO DOWNLOAD!

YOU WRITE SEVERAL BOOKS ALL SAYING THE SAME THING YET ENCOURAGE ME TO BUY THEM ALL. . .IF I CANNOT AFFORD THEM IS THE WORD OF GOD NOW BEYOND MY REACH?!

PAPA G.O WHY MUST YOU EVEN CHARGE ME N20 JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO URINATE IN YOUR TOILET WHEN I CAME FOR YOUR CONVENTION YET YOU'LL STILL ASK ME FOR OFF£RING$ AND TITH£$!!

G.O, DID GOD SEND YOU TO BANKRUPT ME? ?!

BEHOLD!!! The GREED, INSENSITIVITY, WICKEDNESS, FALLACIES AND LIES of Pastor Adeboye!!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-298316.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-306408.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-213061.0.html
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by switch47(m): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2009
grin grin grin   RCCG ROCKS!! PASTOR ADEBOYE ROCKS!!   TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!  FROM GLORY TO GLORY TO GLORY!!!   COW dey vex dey use leg scratch ground, nothing wey e wan take Aboki do!! grin grin  THE GOOD LORD IS USING THE GO to bless many many people, Poor and Rich!!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2009
switch47:

grin grin grin   RCCG ROCKS!! PASTOR ADEBOYE ROCKS!!   TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!  FROM GLORY TO GLORY TO GLORY!!!   COW dey vex dey use leg scratch ground, nothing wey e wan take Aboki do!! grin grin  THE GOOD LORD IS USING THE GO to bless many many people, Poor and Rich!!
WHERE ARE THE REHAB CENTRES?

WHERE ARE THE FREE CLINICS?

WHERE ARE THE AFFORDABLE SCHOOLS FOR THE POOR?

It would be nice if you can provide us the addresses of these wonderful facilities set up by daddy G.O.
There's no time to waste!
Every 30 seconds a child dies of malaria!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by vission: 5:07pm On Aug 13, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

@Tudor;
I know you don't believe in God,,but please permit me to say God bless you man! Am so amaze with the fact that you could even quote the Bible to validate and drive home ur point! It doesn't matter how people see you,,,God might be calling you to actually come and help Nigerian Christians in particular how to apply the scripture in their walks in Life.

why are you amazed at the his ability to quote scriptures, did the devil not do the same, anybody can pick up the bible and read since it is written also in English,
the toilets and bathroom mentioned are not refering to the ones in GO'S house, millions of people attend the conventions and holyghost night monthly from all over the world, there is need to provide adequately for the toiletery. if you have been to the camp you will know what i'm talking about, they are not even enough as you see crowd form long lines to bath etc, that is the reason why more are to be built.

if people are been brainwashed to serve their God, leave them, after all they are not carrying guns to proof this, neither are they killing people in the process.

The issue of the university is not the churchs fault, what do you want them to do, the level of economy is bad enough, for a standard educational level to be attained is not a joke .

someone mentioned that we should list the names of 10 richest men in the world and see if they are christians, my brother, prosperity is not only talking about your financial status, the bible says ''i wish above all things that thou mayest proper and be in health even as thy soul prospereth''
there is prosperity in health, soul, sound mind, faith etc, as a true christian you will enjoy all this.

my own is, stop calln this man of God names; the story of the little boy in the bible that was calln the man of God 'bald head' and ended up in the belly of the lion is enough lesson to learn. Men of God are not GOD but they are his representatives. if all these stuffs are being said of any islamic prophet you would have seen fire and brimstone and the whole world would delight in killing others, but here we are even christians are joining the gang of brainwashers to speak any how and call them thieves and liar and we' are suppose to feel comfortable about it.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by deb(m): 5:14pm On Aug 13, 2009
Tudor we understand your personal hatred for GO.
You may keep quite now and forever. lipsrsealed
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by presido1: 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2009
This page is for special people who have decided to partner with Daddy GO, Pastor E. A. Adeboye in the work of the Lord. The Covenant Partner Group is divided into the following categories.
Group 1
Fasting and prayer for 20 days for 3 months in a year; February, July and December either 14 days all through or 10 days breaking at 6.00pm and 10 days continuous for the next 10 years.

Group 2
Manual Labour at the Camp for 60 days in a year i.e. January – July, February - August, March - September etc for the next 10 year or payment of $500.00 (N60,000) per annum.

Group 3
Payment of $7,500.00 (1 Million Naira) per year for the next 10 year.

Group 4
Payment of $75,000.00 (10 million Naira) per year for the next 10 years

Group 5
Daily fasting and prayer for the whole of February, July and December excluding 25th of December for the next 10 years.

Group 6
Payment of $100 - $1,000. (N1,000 – N100,000 Naira) for the next 10 years with one day fasting and prayer per week.

Group 7
The combination of all Group i.e. Fasting and Prayer, Manual Labour and $7,500.00 (N1 Million Naira) for the next 10 years.

Register here to become covenant partner

Local Account information in Nigeria

Local Office
Pastor Olorunimbe
RCCG Headquartes,
1 - 5, Redemption Way,
Ebute Metta, Lagos - Nigeria.

Ph. 234-01-470-0555
235-01-288-1985
234-01-288-1988

Fax. 234-01-288-1989
Redemption Ciiy
International Office
RCCG, Redemption City
International Complex,
Km 46/84 Lagos - Ibadan Expressway.
Nigeria.

Tel: 234 1 7747742

For Local Payments:
Account Name: RCCG National Headquarters
Account Number: 765200-110
Bank: GT Bank
Branch: Surulere Branch

Foreign Lodgement (Domiciliary Account in Dollars):
Account Name: RCCG National Headquarters
Account Number: 6114801176
Bank: Zenith Bank
Branch: Tejuosho Road, Yaba
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2009
vission:

why are you amazed at the his ability to quote scriptures, did the devil not do the same, anybody can pick up the bible and read since it is written also in English,
the toilets and bathroom mentioned are not refering to the ones in GO'S house, millions of people attend the conventions and holyghost night monthly from all over the world, there is need to provide adequately for the toiletery. if you have been to the camp you will know what i'm talking about, they are not even enough as you see crowd form long lines to bath etc, that is the reason why more are to be built.

LIES!
Is that why he should charge N20 each time you want to urinate at the camp?
A poorman who cannot even afford to eat would now pay N20  to urinate because daddy g.o wants to fuel his jet.

What does he do with all the tithe,offerings and donations from the entire 500 branches?
He spent N3bn on a luxury private jet yet forgot he didn't have enough toilets and bathrooms.
What does that say about the stupid man of dog?

if people are been brainwashed to serve their God, leave them, after all they are not carrying guns to proof this, neither are they killing people in the process.

Shut up!
The bible even says love your neighbour as yourself.
You shouldn't look the other way when evil men like Adeboye are peddling their criminal ventures- learn to stand up for what is right!!

The issue of the university is not the churchs fault, what do you want them to do, the level of economy is bad enough, for a standard educational level to be attained is not a joke .

Is that why he should open the school only for the rich?
In phillipians it says " The lord shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory."
God said to Noah, build the ark and I shall fill it!

If God did indeed send daddy G.O he will provide himself won't he?
Daddy g.o would'nt have to start begging for money while fraternising with corrupt politicians all in the name of "father in the lord"!
It just shows that Adeboye was never called by the lord but by his own GREED!

The early mission schools were of extremely high standards how did they manage that in the midst of no economy at all?
someone mentioned that we should list the names of 10 richest men in the world and see if they are christians, my brother, prosperity is not only talking about your financial status, the bible says ''i wish above all things that thou mayest proper and be in health even as thy soul prospereth''
there is prosperity in health, soul, sound mind, faith etc, as a true christian you will enjoy all this.

Why is it that its only Adeboye and his pastors that are prospering?
Why is a majority of the rccg member poor?
What is adeboye doing to help them instead of taxing them at every turn.

my own is, stop calln this man of God names; the story of the little boy in the bible that was calln the man of God 'bald head' and ended up in the belly of the lion is enough lesson to learn. Men of God are not GOD but they are his representatives. if all these stuffs are being said of any islamic prophet you would have seen fire and brimstone and the whole world would delight in killing others, but here we are even christians are joining the gang of brainwashers to speak any how and call them thieves and liar and we' are suppose to feel comfortable about it.
A THEIF is a THEIF!
No matter who he claims sent him.
When Adeboye stops stealing and focuses on helping the poor then we'll stop calling him a crook.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by anonimi: 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2009
vission:

in summary it is not daddy GO's priority to use the billions raised through various church schemes to ensure there are enough funds to keep the toilets and bathrooms on the grounds clean-right
is that akin to the compassion Christ showed in feeding thousands with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish?
so Adeboye cannot be bothered about people's BASIC comfort to urinate and wash but he can be bothered about building an auditorium with seats (that are not charged for BTW) since he knows they will give offerings and unbiblical tithes after dancing and rejoicing in his daddy's presence and shouting hallelujah- good but wicked/devilish business sense. embarassed

vission:

i don't think 419 people also carry guns to threaten (and kill if necessary) their victims too. so vission link, are you confirming that Adeboye is also a 419 person shocked

vission link, abeg careful wetin you dey imply for MoG Adeboye oh before his MOPOL angels come strike u.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by deb(m): 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2009
keep blabbing
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by switch47(m): 6:20pm On Aug 13, 2009
grin grin grin RCCG ROCKS!! PASTOR ADEBOYE ROCKS!! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!! FROM GLORY TO GLORY TO GLORY!!! COW dey vex dey use leg scratch ground, nothing wey e wan take Aboki do!! grin grin THE GOOD LORD IS USING THE GO to bless many many people, Poor and Rich!!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by bawomolo(m): 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2009
guys so where are the address of the rehabilitation centers?

na wa for these adeboye infantry o
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2009
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by switch47(m): 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2009
Pastor E. A. Adeboye

Fondly known as G.O or Daddy G.O, Pastor Adeboye became the General Overseer (G.O) of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) in 1981. Sheer curiosity and the search for a solution to a personal problem led Pastor Adeboye to worship at RCCG – Ebute-Metta in 1973. It was a most unlikely place of worship for a professor of Mathematics as the church had very few educated people and it lacked the comfort and grandeur of the Orthodox churches.

God took RCCG to greater glory with the birth of the Holy Ghost Services, which started in the late 80s. It is a service of intense worship and manifestation of signs and wonders. 1998 saw the birth of the annual Holy Ghost Festival. Billed Lekki ’98, an estimated 4 million people gathered to fellowship, praise and pray during an all night service. It is conceivably the largest gathering of Christians in the world.

As Pastor Adeboye frequently testifies, the Lord has just started with RCCG. In his own words, “We are believing the Almighty God that very soon, in every town, in every village all over the world, there would be a parish of The Redeemed Christian Church of God established where people could be saved, discipled and trained in the fear of the Lord. So that on the last day, we would have people of all races, from all tribes, from all tongues, praising the Almighty God who had been brought in the Kingdom of God on the Platform of The Redeemed Christian Church of God.”

His desire to reach the ends of the earth is captured in this statement, “I would love to have a breakthrough to such a height that I can lend to nations and preach on every television and radio station at least one hour per day.” MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS THE GREAT MAN OF GOD!! THE CHURCH IS MOVING ON AND THE GATE OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL!!

Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by BlackRevo: 7:26pm On Aug 13, 2009
Most Nigerian christians always follow what their pastor says and they don't have a personal stand for themselves. Nobody is calling any pastor names we are just correting them to do the right thing.

Yeah someone said they were not forced right let me tell you a true life story before i go further. I have a friend of mine who lives abroad, he had a girl friend in nigeria and they were having a long distance relationship. She is a kind of girl who does not depends on the mans money like a typical nigerian. after so many months my friend decides to surprise her and give a very big money for being a good girl and not demanding. Now here is the twist, she went to church the sunday of that week and the pastor was asking people to donate money and saying all kind of sweet words. She was so moved that she felt it will be a sin if she does not donate that money my friend gave her.  Finally she came out and donated all the money. After someday my friend called her to ask hey what did you do with that money and she gladly said she donated it to the church and having faith now that she will be rewarded someday. my friend was mad and stopped giving her money.

So you see they might not force you but if you don't give you will have a guilty conscience even for the money that does not belong to you. remember the pastor who donated 40 millions naira to Christ embassy belonging to his hotel employers.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by switch47(m): 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2009
Black_Revo:

Most Nigerian christians always follow what their pastor says and they don't have a personal stand for themselves. [b]Nobody is calling any pastor names we are just correting them to do the right thing.[/b]Yeah someone said they were not forced right let me tell you a true life story before i go further. I have a friend of mine who lives abroad, he had a girl friend in nigeria and they were having a long distance relationship. She is a kind of girl who does not depends on the mans money like a typical nigerian. after so many months my friend decides to surprise her and give a very big money for being a good girl and not demanding. Now here is the twist, she went to church the sunday of that week and the pastor was asking people to donate money and saying all kind of sweet words. She was so moved that she felt it will be a sin if she does not donate that money my friend gave her.  Finally she came out and donated all the money. After someday my friend called her to ask hey what did you do with that money and she gladly said she donated it to the church and having faith now that she will be rewarded someday. my friend was mad and stopped giving her money.

So you see they might not force you but if you don't give you will have a guilty conscience even for the money that does not belong to you. remember the pastor who donated 40 millions naira to Christ embassy belonging to his hotel employers. 
  Yeah yeah---nobody is calling names indeed----maybe after that your frst post you have not been following the thread. they even put his face on that of a monkey----anyway that goes to show the characters of those posting --- it would have been better if the HATERS carry out their gist in a better way other than their anti-christ @there is no God stance---it will get them no where---it has never gotten them any result anyway---you dont correct using HATE words and pictures or Hate propaganda

as per the story story------you have a point but it is not all pastors that ask you to give in order to extort you. personaly i give when i am led to give not based on what MR preacher is saying.   the second guy is clearly a complete Maga!! the money isnt his!! too bad. most of the people who have legitimate bussiness iin RCCG can give if they want to-----why not?? not all pastors use tricks.  they can always tell them it is not by force.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by na2day2(m): 8:36pm On Aug 13, 2009
switch47:

Pastor E. A. Adeboye

Fondly known as G.O or Daddy G.O, Pastor Adeboye became the General Overseer (G.O) of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) in 1981. Sheer curiosity and the search for a solution to a personal problem led Pastor Adeboye to worship at RCCG – Ebute-Metta in 1973. It was a most unlikely place of worship for a professor of Mathematics as the church had very few educated people and it lacked the comfort and grandeur of the Orthodox churches.

God took RCCG to greater glory with the birth of the Holy Ghost Services, which started in the late 80s. It is a service of intense worship and manifestation of signs and wonders. 1998 saw the birth of the annual Holy Ghost Festival. Billed Lekki ’98, an estimated 4 million people gathered to fellowship, praise and pray during an all night service. It is conceivably the largest gathering of Christians in the world.

As Pastor Adeboye frequently testifies, the Lord has just started with RCCG. In his own words, “We are believing the Almighty God that very soon, in every town, in every village all over the world, there would be a parish of The Redeemed Christian Church of God established where people could be saved, discipled and trained in the fear of the Lord. So that on the last day, we would have people of all races, from all tribes, from all tongues, praising the Almighty God who had been brought in the Kingdom of God on the Platform of The Redeemed Christian Church of God.”

His desire to reach the ends of the earth is captured in this statement, “I would love to have a breakthrough to such a height that I can lend to nations and preach on every television and radio station at least one hour per day.” MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS THE GREAT MAN OF GOD!! THE CHURCH IS MOVING ON AND THE GATE OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL!!

ok!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by na2day2(m): 9:22pm On Aug 13, 2009
Beaf:

Na so dem de pray.

dude, isn't that going too far?
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by RichyBlacK(m): 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2009
na2day?:

dude, isn't that going too far?

Yep, post deleted!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by BlackRevo: 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2009
switch47:

Yeah yeah---nobody is calling names indeed----maybe after that your frst post you have not been following the thread. they even put his face on that of a monkey----anyway that goes to show the characters of those posting --- it would have been better if the HATERS carry out their gist in a better way other than their anti-christ @there is no God stance---it will get them no where---it has never gotten them any result anyway---you dont correct using HATE words and pictures or Hate propaganda

as per the story story------you have a point but it is not all pastors that ask you to give in order to extort you. personaly i give when i am led to give not based on what MR preacher is saying.   the second guy is clearly a complete Maga!! the money isnt his!! too bad. most of the people who have legitimate bussiness iin RCCG can give if they want to-----why not?? not all pastors use tricks.  they can always tell them it is not by force.

Yeah you are right and i noticed that now but i m not in support of the calling of names or distorting his picture. I posted it to get the opinion of other people in relation to my position which his no. Not that RCCG are not doing some humanitarian activities which we know but the bible says that to him which much has been given much is expected. I am not against forming the club and donating as a whole but the purpose behind this formation. I am not just happy with what the money is used for. They should put the money into the right channel and not materialistic things. If you carry out an investigation about Christians in Nigeria you will be surprised if they are truly Christians and these are in the majority in the churches.

If you know what those money channeled to the right sources will do you will not be supporting this move almost blindly. Look about that university of a thing to me it is out of place. You can use that same money to run affordable primary and secondary school with that money or even assist the government on the existing ones. The greatest investment they can make is the investment of humans. Why build and run a university when you can use that money to train and sponsor so many people to be somebody in the future.

My brother i am a member of this church and i can tell you so many people who just need 20,000 naira to start a business, so many market women looking for capital to expand or start a business. The thing i am so much against is that these same people who can donate 1 million to the G.O cannot give another member money to start a business. they will start looking at it from the physical point of view and not spiritual anymore as they did with the G.O donation. I mentioned earlier that my user brother does his church work on Sundays and during the week he is into visa racketeering. He used to be a very honest guy when he was learning a trade and now he has finished but no one to even borrow him money from the church to start on his own and please don't even ask me how much is it. Because he can't be begging anymore he went into that bad business. there are so many cases here and there then why don't they channel the money to this purposes.

i am not even saying out rightly that the money donated is solely from fraud or looting no way. There are some clean and legitimate rich men in the churches ( Not totally clean or not all)
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by pcicero(m): 12:54am On Aug 14, 2009
I guess that was the only thing the reporter heard at the service. i was there and the service was fulfilling. About the toilets and bathrooms, who pays the workers if people don't pay for such conveniencies? I believe the token isn't that much to attract any snide remark whatsoever. As for the so called "Millionaires Club", he didn't say everyone one must belong. He said if you want to partner and if God has put it in your heart to join, then do so. Again, he said he would be having a meeting with such people. I guess the purpose of the meeting is to meet all those volunteers and perhaps assess their individual personalities.
There are people who have and are willing to give to God's cause. It is between them and God. I wish i had because it is a worthy cause. "For what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul?"
Moreso, there were poor people in Europe and America when some rich people were bankrolling missionary journeys to Africa. Infact, some were slave owners.
I implore us to be wary of things like these and use our minds for other productive issues.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by switch47(m): 7:02am On Aug 14, 2009
Black_Revo:

Yeah you are right and i noticed that now but i m not in support of the calling of names or distorting his picture. I posted it to get the opinion of other people in relation to my position which his no. Not that RCCG are not doing some humanitarian activities which we know but the bible says that to him which much has been given much is expected. I am not against forming the club and donating as a whole but the purpose behind this formation. I am not just happy with what the money is used for. They should put the money into the right channel and not materialistic things. If you carry out an investigation about Christians in Nigeria you will be surprised if they are truly Christians and these are in the majority in the churches.

If you know what those money channeled to the right sources will do you will not be supporting this move almost blindly. Look about that university of a thing to me it is out of place. You can use that same money to run affordable primary and secondary school with that money or even assist the government on the existing ones. The greatest investment they can make is the investment of humans. Why build and run a university when you can use that money to train and sponsor so many people to be somebody in the future.

My brother i am a member of this church and i can tell you so many people who just need 20,000 naira to start a business, so many market women looking for capital to expand or start a business. The thing i am so much against is that these same people who can donate 1 million to the G.O cannot give another member money to start a business. they will start looking at it from the physical point of view and not spiritual anymore as they did with the G.O donation. I mentioned earlier that my user brother does his church work on Sundays and during the week he is into visa racketeering. He used to be a very honest guy when he was learning a trade and now he has finished but no one to even borrow him money from the church to start on his own and please don't even ask me how much is it. Because he can't be begging anymore he went into that bad business. there are so many cases here and there then why don't they channel the money to this purposes.

i am not even saying out rightly that the money donated is solely from fraud or looting no way. There are some clean and legitimate rich men in the churches ( Not totally clean or not all)
  Look MR OGa!! you make a lot of sense and this is very good!!  it s not what said but how said.this goes to show the character of the critic!! most of those that have been posting here INCLUDING THE MOD who refuse to remove that offensive picture only show hatred and most of the posts were filled with insult meaning they are not worth dignifying with comments because they are both immature and uncivilised way of discussion. only showing Hatered and lack of sincerity.

well am no longer a member of the church, and i do have my reservations too, giving money out blindly will never solve the problem of poverty, as many people will take undue advantage although there are several way to still give------but not just sharing it out indiscriminately. that wont work. but there are constructive ways to effect changes!! if you identify a wrong. first you continualy PRAY FOR THE PEOPLE INVOLVED> the church and the leaders. then you take physical steps of course with wisdom. as the ranting of a man who says there is no God goes to no issue
!!   black revo----- your last post is worthy of emulation----quite constructive.Nairaland needs this kind of stuff and I GUESS IT IS BETTER DISCUSSION IS BETTER REGULATED and mods that will always rise to the ocassion and remove offensive pictures and things that cross the line including unecessary name calling be put in charge and devoid of blabbing!!   JESUS IS LORD!! THERE IS GOD!! thank you!!

switch just left the building----------------------------------------------finaly-------------one sane  critic found   grin grin grin
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Jakumo(m): 7:44am On Aug 14, 2009
switch47:

switch just left the building

And Elvis just entered the building.   Hey switchblade, you are neglecting your God-given duty to fuel Big Daddy Eunuch's luxury jet, what with all the time you spend babbling incoherently in this discussion forum.   Get back to work NOW, and make sure you are never again late to hand over your paycheck to Big Daddy Eunuch.

Please let us work together and get this fine bird back in the air pronto !

Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by akigbemaru: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2009
Jakumo:

And Elvis just entered the building. Hey switchblade, you are neglecting your God-given duty to fuel Big Daddy Eunuch's luxury jet, what with all the time you spend babbling incoherently in this discussion forum. Get back to work NOW, and make sure you are never again late to hand over your paycheck to Big Daddy Eunuch.

Please let us work together and get this fine bird back in the air pronto !

@Jakumo or Jaguda

You have started again with your monkey ideology and cave-man mentality. When would you let go your Amu Amu Amu Amu Amu saber-rattlings on this forum? I told you I know why the cage birds sing? If you don't stop constituting nuisance, I won't leave you I promise. I may burst your ass again and nut five times on your low-life scrub. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by ikeyman00(m): 8:33am On Aug 14, 2009
good stuff^^

hoo hooo haa
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Jakumo(m): 8:40am On Aug 14, 2009
akigbemaru:

@Jakumo or Jaguda

You have started again with your monkey ideology and cave-man mentality. When would you let go your Amu Amu Amu Amu Amu saber-rattlings on this forum? I told you I know why the cage birds sing? If you don't stop constituting nuisance, I won't leave you I promise. I may burst your ass again and nut five times on your low-life scrub. cheesy cheesy cheesy

But but but I am ministering to the flock as I promised you. Look, here is photographic evidence.

Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by ikeyman00(m): 9:39am On Aug 14, 2009
;d

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Should Resist The Proposed Christian "Ecclesiastical" Court Bill / Photos Of Makarfi & His PDP Led Faction Members At Supreme Court Today / New Commissioners Of Police Deployed Across Nigeria (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.