Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club (29577 Views)

Poll: Are You In Support Of This Action By The G.O

Yes: 35% (40 votes)
No: 64% (74 votes)
This poll has ended

Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic / Gov Kwankwaso Floats Private Army, Relegates Hisbah Guard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by illusion2: 10:29am On Aug 11, 2009
ikeyman00:

@@@@@@
nawoooo
odududwa
once again im watchin yall
like one just said na by force
kia haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ahhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i don die eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooo  o
Shut up , SUCKER !!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by nex(m): 10:56am On Aug 11, 2009
How do I enter for registration into club 1. How much is the registration form to join the club. N50 million?
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 11:02am On Aug 11, 2009
Religion has so bastardized the mentality of nigerians that they now think through their arse. . . .damn!
lagbaja:

I can see a lot of ignorance being displayed here. Spriritual exercises like this one will never make sense to those who dont understand them and have never put them to test. For those of us who happen to soon be members of the club 1000,and who have benefited from similar exercies in the past, the rewards are priceless God is ever faithful to his promises of rewarding cheerful and honest givers.
Why is it only daddy 419 G.O thats getting all the bl£$$ing$ ? Majority of the members are poor despite the fact that it's their money that feeds the criminal pastor.

The kleptomaniac G.O would do anything to steal from the public. Even at the latest convention he was charging 10 and 20 naira for each time you want to use a damn toilet!
What a monkey that man is!
By the way, I am not a politician or public servant and my incomes are genuine and divine. Have u tried to ask yourselves why nations that always gives (e.g. US) always stays on top,  because its a spiritual law silly!. 
I just shake my head in pity for you.

The U.S is a better country today because they quit looking to heaven waiting for some stupid white jewish god to come from heaven to solve all their problems.
Foolish nigerians are still looking and studying for phantom spiritual laws meanwhile the rest of the developed world are using the laws of nature to better their life.
Keep waiting for the white jewish carpenter to come rescue you. Rubbish.

And oh, BTW, the U.S has the greatest amount of foreign debt. Is that spiritual law too?
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by debest1(m): 11:09am On Aug 11, 2009
The bottom line is the people are never forced to give, in fact if you feel the whole thing is a scam keep your money (and your mouth shut), but please let those who are persuaded that this is a worthwhile thing do as they are led. By the way the article said he wants people who can give N1m whenever God needs it, you go and pray or ask God if He wants you to part with your Millions or not.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by damhadji(m): 11:22am On Aug 11, 2009
panasonic lipsrsealed angry oh sorry tudor! you are here again to Criticize the old man. Why dont you leave him and let him do whatever God has allowed him to do?

its a free world u know. you to can start ur club if this is driving you nuts. i'm sure nobody is holding you. before you can even get a crowd as large as that to tell, you sef wont be qualified to join the club you created.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by epot: 11:24am On Aug 11, 2009
@ Tudor,

I think you should be mindfull of what you say about anointed men of God, its not a forceful matter,if you don't like what you see, you have the free will to look to the other side or better still start your own church,nobody has come out to complain,rather we hear ppl give testionies of how their problems were solved, through prayers.

If you are rather pained by the fact that he created a millionaires club and you're not on that league , too bad for you ! lick your wounds in the confinement of your dingy crib,and stop opening your dirty foul smelling mouth,and sayin rubbish. Jungle monkey!

What tha Man has achieved in life, i pray you, why i'm even saying tis? Brainless baboon. grin
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by showbobo(m): 11:31am On Aug 11, 2009
Church Business. . . Very Lucrative in this country. . .
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Bisowo(f): 11:58am On Aug 11, 2009
Why all the noise. If you're angry at the man of God for doing what he's doing, why not go start your own, and do it better. With all your noise, you can't do jack about it; only incense yourself and others in the same boat with you further. You're entitled to your own opinion, but you can't force it down other people's throats. By the way, methink the poster of this thread only had one goal; to stir up hatred against this reverred Christian gentleman. I feel it is not fair to castigate and condemn what you don't fully understand. As if that will make your life better, to spue hatred and frustration at someone you perceive, in your truly warped mind, an enemy!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2009
epot:

@ Tudor,

I think you should be mindfull of what you say about anointed men of God,
Who anointed the old con man?
Last time i checked they didn't stamp anointed on the man's forehead.
its not a forceful matter,if you don't like what you see, you have the free will to look to the other side or better still start your own church,
You want me to look the other side?
Can you see how stupid you sound. . . .if evil men like adeboye are exploiting poor people all around it's the duty of good men to stand up for what is right.
nobody has come out to complain,rather we hear ppl give testionies of how their problems were solved, through prayers.

There is no evidence that prayer works!
Muslims, buddists and ifa worshippers all claim to have testimonies. Even at the church of Elvis in LA people testify!

When daddy 419 prays and by some stroke of luck you get money they testify he's a powerful man but if it doesn't work {majority are of this category} they say you don't have enough faith or your grandfather took your destiny to the pacific ocean in 1902- Every excuse is given.
If you are rather pained by the fact that he created a millionaires club and you're not on that league , too bad for you ! lick your wounds in the confinement of your dingy crib,and stop opening your dirty foul smelling mouth,and sayin rubbish. Jungle monkey!

What tha Man has achieved in life, i pray you, why i'm even saying tis? Brainless baboon. grin

Typical of a brainwashed ass licker of daddy 419. You keep blabbing acheivements, what has the old fool acheived?
How has the selfish bastard impacted this country positively?
All he did was to be supporting OBJ's corrupt government even receiving a special import waiver from the ex presido. So he can import without paying duties.

He was well known as a pally of OBJ with the latter visiting redemption camp several times. Nowhere did adeJALE condemn OBJ for his sins.
Prophets like samuel, jerimiah, nathan and elijah all publicly criticized the kings for their sins even at great personal risk.
You expect a greedy old theif like adeboye to think about lining his pocket and saving his own ass. I weep for the church!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by chrisical(m): 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2009
:-x :-x
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by ayobase(m): 12:13pm On Aug 11, 2009
Must u always comment when
you have no meaningful statement to make.
this thread never demanded for response,
but to pass across a message/news.

From nowhere came people blaspheming
and talking against a man of God.

U say no to jungle justice, but here u are crucifying someone.
Let God be his judge.

Go ask those giving the money and they will
tell u how God has been blessing them!

Didnt he talk about what the money will be used for?

Some of you have and will have problems in future
because of being unable to bridle your tongure.

Shut up when u have no MEANINGFUL thing to say/suggest.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2009
damhadji:

panasonic   lipsrsealed   angry oh sorry tudor! you are here again to Criticize the old man. Why dont you leave him and let him do whatever God has allowed him to do?

its a free world u know. you to can start ur club if this is driving you nuts. i'm sure nobody is holding you. before you can even get a crowd as large as that to tell, you sef wont be qualified to join the club you created.
I am not a theif so i won't start clubs telling members to give money  whenever god needs it. . .  Tell daddy 419 to ask god to rain his own money from heaven and stop begging us common men,
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by nex(m): 12:24pm On Aug 11, 2009
I want to inaugurate club 10 which will be for the 10 most anointed pastors in Nigeria which will be determined by the size and stupidity of their congregation and their ability to provide their private jet for my use anytime the Lord demands of it.

Please those who have less than 100 branches abroad need not apply.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by chrisical(m): 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2009
ayobase:

Must u always comment when
you have no meaningful statement to make.
this thread never demanded for response,
but to pass across a message/news.

From nowhere came people blaspheming
and talking against a man of God.

U say no to jungle justice, but here u are crucifying someone.
Let God be his judge.

Go ask those giving the money and they will
tell u how God has been blessing them!

Didnt he talk about what the money will be used for?

Some of you have and will have problems in future
because of being unable to bridle your tongure.

Shut up when u have no MEANINGFUL thing to say/suggest.

pure crap.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by seweoye(m): 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2009
May the good lord forgive all of you.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by nex(m): 12:42pm On Aug 11, 2009
Why the good Lord? Daddy is enough to forgive us. By the time 1,000 mugus pay N1 million regularly, he would have become omni-wealthy and omnipotent, thus becoming God himself.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 12:42pm On Aug 11, 2009
May the good lord punish daddy G.O. . .
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by pappilo(m): 12:48pm On Aug 11, 2009
Why is this in the politics ?
Moderators please move this to crime section coz thats where it belongs.

This is the funniest ish I have read in a long time!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by FBS: 12:54pm On Aug 11, 2009
It's not a must to join. Give if you have and remember that HONEST Givers never LACK.
It's that simple.  cool
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by MUZBO(m): 12:58pm On Aug 11, 2009
Tudór:

Even at the church of Elvis in LA people testify!

When daddy 419 prays and by some stroke of luck you get money they testify he's a powerful man but if it doesn't work {majority are of this category} they say you don't have enough faith or your grandfather took your destiny to the pacific ocean in 1902- Every excuse is given.
lmao. The 'destiny' was probably dropped in the pacific during one of the first few flights by the Wright brothers and G.O needs to buy another plane to get it back.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Kobojunkie: 12:59pm On Aug 11, 2009
Tudór:

Really?
What does cajole mean?
Hint: It's to persuade someone to do something by making it appear attractive or causing him to feel honoured.
If thats not what daddy 419 G.O is doing then what is?If he puts a gun to their heads then he's an armed robber. But using brainwashing, sugarcoating and cajoling is the forte of a con man and AdeJALE is top notch.

UUmmm . . . . I am not sure what part you do not understand when I say they are not cajoled into giving. These people are mostly being told the truth in all this. I have had to sit through most of these calls myself and listened to the exact words used to for lack of a better word SELL these ideas to them. I posted a bible verse to inform you of this so you understand that what this is, is not cajoling them into doing this but simply using bible verses which are according to the belief. If you want to attack,

Tudór:
AdeTHEIF did not make up the words himself that makes him innocent, right?
Madoff didn't invent the ponzi scheme lets drape him in white robes and declare him jesus too!

Besides, is it not the same bible people like the Jwitts use yet you don't see them forming millionaires club to bribe god "whenever he needs it".

Stop using yourself as a benchmark for others. Psychology has told us that peer pressure works on majority yet a few are sensible enough to resist. Adeboye knows this and plans to use it on as many people as he can.
What a theif!
SigH!!!

Look, I have schemed some of your posts on here and it seems you are another one of those I like to avoid when it comes to subjects of this sort. You are free to believe as you want, but at least learn to deal FAIRLY with people.[quote][/quote]
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by GEW: 1:10pm On Aug 11, 2009
so everyone who has a million to give stole money? nigerians and stupidity.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Nija4Life(m): 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2009
Having read most contributions, it's another relfection of how we Nigerians get too emotional about religion and yet our country just goes from bad to worse. I have to agree to Tudor's argument and reasoning apart from the name calling which I don't subscribe to. The problem is that there are a lot of ignorant and poor people in Nigeria today which makes them vulnerable to the extortionist tendencies of many pastors. When Christ came he gave to the poor but today we see supposed men of God take away from them in the name of 'sowing seeds'. I wonder if our economic situations get better people will still fall for this sort of manipulations - I doubt it. There has to be a debate about whether religious bodies needs some sort of regulation. See my post on this subject: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-304431.0.html
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2009
Kobojunkie:

UUmmm . . . . I am not sure what part you do not understand when I say they are not cajoled into giving. These people are mostly being told the truth in all this.[b] I have had to sit through most of these calls myself and listened to the exact words used to for lack of a better word SELL these ideas to them. [/b]I posted a bible verse to inform you of this so you understand that what this is, is not cajoling them into doing this but simply using bible verses which are according to the belief. If you want to attack,

You know why you lack a better word, simply its because it's cajoleing. Pure and simple.
If thats the true teaching of christianity then i'm sorry to say christianity is flawed.
There are churches who do not collect offerings and tithe, neither do they dabble into merchandising and selling the gospel yet there are testimonies.
Are they reading the bible backwards?

In an ideal world the church should be a charity concerned with propagating the gospel and not making money at ever turn including charging toll fee of 20naira when members want to urinate in toilets.

You announce that you you're forming an exclusive millionaires club where members can dole out 1m whenever god needs it how is that supposed to make poor members feel.
The stupid millionaires who more likely than not stole the money would believe they have special blessings from the lord.
Upon all the promised blessings all we see is daddy g.o getting fatter while the members are living in stark poverty.

Look, I have schemed some of your posts on here and it seems you are another one of those I like to avoid when it comes to subjects of this sort. You are free to believe as you want, but at least learn to deal FAIRLY with people.
If by "people" you mean con men, then sorry i cannot oblige you.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Akanniade(m): 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2009
To all those making dirty remarks, I dont see the G.O forcibly removing money from ur pockets. Those that have been giving have no complain. I agree that it looks like sheer insensitivity in this poverty infested country. Nevertheless the great commission of preaching the gospel to all nations cannot be comprimised.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by shigidi(m): 1:51pm On Aug 11, 2009
this is getting pretty heated. I think it will be unfair for us to label Daddy G.O a fraud. the man has turned redeemed into the fastest growing church in the world.  The man is great, give that to him. and there must be some sincerity people see or the church wouldnt be such a success that it is today.
However, i think this labelling of a millionaires club is a bit extravagant. Labelling people like this will create this sort of exclusivity that is not needed in ANY religion. giving to church should be sacred and quiet and not a way of boosting our politicians already over-bloated egos. this club serves that purpose for many.
LET GOD GUIDE US ALL. but its unfair to criticize him and call him a theif.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Mowire: 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2009
Tudór:

May the good lord punish daddy G.O. . .

Tudor. Are you no longer an atheist? Which good Lord are you refering to here? Confused man (woman). You should not be posting on issues that require some level of spritual understanding/knowledge. grin
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 2:07pm On Aug 11, 2009
Akanniade:

To all those making dirty remarks, I dont see the G.O forcibly removing  money from ur pockets. Those that have been giving have no complain. I agree that it looks like sheer insensitivity in this poverty infested country. Nevertheless the great commission of preaching the gospel to all nations cannot be comprimised.
The great commission is to go into the world and save souls not go and dupe the nations.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Chiddysville(m): 2:14pm On Aug 11, 2009
I hope and pray that this article posted is not true. If it is, then the pastor in my humble opinion is wrong. I've gone through this thread, and i noticed one thing most people are concerned about is money and how they believe they can bribe God to be blessed. The truth is that God is neither interested in our money nor the beautiful structures, we are erecting all over the world in order to 'please' Him. Jesus only commanded us to love God with all our heart, soul and might and to love our neigbour as ourselves. The question we should be asking is about the flock that God gave the pastor, how has he been taking care of them? How're they fairing in this hard times? How many of their wards are on schorlaship and on the church payroll? How about the widows and widowers, the orphans, the less priviledged and even people of other faith in their midst, how has he been taking care of them. These people are the God we are seeing. Building structures all over the world without taking care of the flock God gave us is a misplaced priority afterall Jesus commanded us to store our treasures in heaven.
Secondly, i don't suscribe to this act of dividing the house of God between the rich and the poor. Those that are saying that the more you give in the house of God, the more you're blessed got it wrong. God is not a partial God. He knows us all. You can be the poorest in the church and still be the most valuable and best friend of God. A POOR MAN CAN STAND UP AND GIVE ALL HE HAS BOTH HOME AND ABROAD BUT HOW MANY RICH MEN IN THE CHURCH TODAY CAN STAND UP AND GIVE GOD ALL THEY HAVE? None. Moreso, we should all bear in mind that nothing is ever given for free AS WHOEVER PAYS THE PIPER DICTATES THE TONE. The followers have a duty to call their pastors to order if he is going wrong and not keep quiet and let the church be for the highest bidder. THESE TIMES BEHOLDS ON THE CHURCH TO DIP HANDS INTO THEIR ACCOUNTS TO PAY THE LESS PRIVILEGED IN THEIR MIDST AND TAKE ADEQUATE CARE OF THEM. We should all take a cue from the earlier Apostles and the kind of lives they lived as written in the book of Acts of the Apostles. Peace
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 2:14pm On Aug 11, 2009
Mowire:

Tudor. Are you no longer an atheist? Which good Lord are you refering to here? Confused man (woman). You should not be posting on issues that require some level of spritual understanding/knowledge. grin
If you at least apply some of your so called spiritual understanding you'd know that it was in reply to this post.

seweoye:

May the good lord forgive all of you.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Chiddysville(m): 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2009
I hope and pray that this article posted is not true. If it is, then the pastor in my humble opinion is wrong. I've gone through this thread, and i noticed one thing most people are concerned about is money and how they believe they can bribe God to be blessed. The truth is that God is neither interested in our money nor the beautiful structures, we are erecting all over the world in order to 'please' Him. Jesus only commanded us to love God with all our heart, soul and might and to love our neigbour as ourselves. The question we should be asking is about the flock that God gave the pastor, how has he been taking care of them? How're they fairing in this hard times? How many of their wards are on schorlaship and on the church payroll? How about the widows and widowers, the orphans, the less priviledged and even people of other faith in their midst, how has he been taking care of them. These people are the God we are seeing. Building structures all over the world without taking care of the flock God gave us is a misplaced priority afterall Jesus commanded us to store our treasures in heaven.
Secondly, i don't suscribe to this act of dividing the house of God between the rich and the poor. Those that are saying that the more you give in the house of God, the more you're blessed got it wrong. God is not a partial God. He knows us all. You can be the poorest in the church and still be the most valuable and best friend of God. A POOR MAN CAN STAND UP AND GIVE ALL HE HAS BOTH HOME AND ABROAD BUT HOW MANY RICH MEN IN THE CHURCH TODAY CAN STAND UP AND GIVE GOD ALL THEY HAVE? None. Moreso, we should all bear in mind that nothing is ever given for free AS WHOEVER PAYS THE PIPER DICTATES THE TONE. The followers have a duty to call their pastors to order if he is going wrong and not keep quiet and let the church be for the highest bidder. THESE TIMES BEHOLDS ON THE CHURCH TO DIP HANDS INTO THEIR ACCOUNTS TO PAY THE LESS PRIVILEGED IN THEIR MIDST AND TAKE ADEQUATE CARE OF THEM. We should all take a cue from the earlier Apostles and the kind of lives they lived as written in the book of Acts of the Apostles. Peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Electricity: Uncertainty, As Discos Bid To Pull Out / We’re Under Pressure To Congratulate Buhari — CAN / Court Okays Suit Seeking Amaechi And Onu’s Arrest, Sacking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.