Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,297 members, 7,829,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club (29610 Views)

Poll: Are You In Support Of This Action By The G.O

Yes: 35% (40 votes)
No: 64% (74 votes)
This poll has ended

Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic / Gov Kwankwaso Floats Private Army, Relegates Hisbah Guard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Pataki: 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2009
Personally I think this is outright rubbish. Christ never called for us to raise millionaires for the Kingdom. This is misplaced priorities.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by BlackRevo: 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2009
@RichyBlack

Thank you very much as you have really exposed what was on my mind. I know of a brother who got a visa to go to Holland. Come and see how this brother was begging for flight ticket money and no one could help him. There are so many students who gained admission in schools but cannot pay school fees.  The problem in Nigerian churches is that those people who come out to donate 1 million naira to the G:O cannot give their fellow church members even 1000 naira.

And please for those of you in support of this move here is a passage from the bible for you.

Matthew 7:15-20: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Matthew 24:24: For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:22-23: For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by BlackRevo: 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2009
[size=14pt]I have added a poll to the topic so let us vote to show how much we really support or go against this action[/size]
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by yjay(f): 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2009
Honestly i am shocked at the way pple here ve resulted to insults to Pastor Adeboye, this issue abt tithing,giving offerings etc  its actually a matter of choice, ure not forced to do these things cos the truth is whether u decide to give or not the church will still march on! the name callings is so unnecessary!!!!!! whatever covenant anyone decides to go into whether its a seed offering or a pledge etc, its between u & ur God & if any man of God decides to use it for his own selfish purpose then be rest assured that he ll definitely answer to God!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Pataki: 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2009
Black_Revo:

The problem in Nigerian churches that those people who come out to donate 1 millions naira to the G:O cannot give their fellow church member even 1000 naira.
So deeply true.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by candylips(m): 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2009
i don cast vote NO
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by saydfact(m): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2009
RichyBlacK:

So, why can't the board members at RCCG and their CEO call on Club 1000 to each donate only $100 (small money for these big boyz and gurlz). That will land $100,000 to save Caroline Johnson from the death grips of Leukemia?

Well, the church has more important issues to deal with, like maintaining the private jet, paying the pilots, painting the CEO's new house in London, ensuring that the CEO's bulletproof limousine is updated with the latest software on car security, sending monthly payment to the tailor who ensures that the CEO wears very nice suits at very important occasions, etc.

Okay, now I see why Caroline Johnson's life is not really a priority for the RCCG. Thank you.

i wish i cld comment on this issues but i cant, ow time flies, no 1 preaches wat the prophets preached, its now prosperity, miracle, and all,
it is well for the likes of caro, john, , God pls make me comfortable and let me use the money for ur justifications, amin ohhhhhhhhhh.  kiss lipsrsealed kiss
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Beaf: 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2009
superior1: The problem is, you guyz are trying to explain things that pertains to God and His believers with logical reasoning. It doesnt work that way, while one shouldnt be dogmatic, the concept of christainity as a faith exceeds human understanding and perception.
know that if truely the works of Pastor Adeboye is of God leading, then whatever gabbage you try throwing at him is an attempt against God.
I pray may heaven never hold you to expalination

Eh hen! Na so alqaeda take start. . . They first throw out logic, then human beings become God! Na so!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by vission: 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2009
THIS SERVES AS A NOTE OF WARNING TO ALL WHO CARES TO LISTEN, 'TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM,'

SOME THINGS ARE JUST BEYOND HUMAN REASONING, MINISTERS OF GOD WHETHER SELF PROCLAIMED OR ORDAINED, BISHOPS, IMAMS PASTORS, ALFAS ETC ARE ANSWERABLE ONLY TO GOD. THE MAN OF GOD JUST NEED TO SAY 'A SIMPLE PRAYER' AND RUMOUR MONGERS ALIKE WILL BE DELT WITH. DO NOT FALL VICTIM, ASK FOR BLESSINGS AND NOT CURSES, CERTAINLY YOU GUYS HAVE ENOUGH ISSUES YOU ARE BATTLING WITH ALREADY, DO NOT ADD TO IT, BE WARNED, LEARN FROM STORIES OF THOSE WHO HAVE FALLEN VICTIM. undecided undecided
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Beaf: 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2009
yjay:

Honestly i am shocked at the way pple here ve resulted to insults to Pastor Adeboye, this issue abt tithing,giving offerings etc  its actually a matter of choice, ure not forced to do these things cos the truth is whether u decide to give or not the church will still march on! the name callings is so unnecessary!!!!!! whatever covenant anyone decides to go into whether its a seed offering or a pledge etc, its between u & ur God & if any man of God decides to use it for his own selfish purpose then be rest assured that he ll definitely answer to God!

Eh hen! Na so alqaeda take start. . . God don de go market nowadays?
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Beaf: 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2009
vission:

THIS SERVES AS A NOTE OF WARNING TO ALL WHO CARES TO LISTEN, 'TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM,'

SOME THINGS ARE JUST BEYOND HUMAN REASONING, MINISTERS OF GOD WHETHER SELF PROCLAIMED OR ORDAINED, BISHOPS, IMAMS PASTORS, ALFAS ETC ARE ANSWERABLE ONLY TO GOD. THE MAN OF GOD JUST NEED TO SAY 'A SIMPLE PRAYER' AND RUMOUR MONGERS ALIKE WILL BE DELT WITH. DO NOT FALL VICTIM, ASK FOR BLESSINGS AND NOT CURSES, CERTAINLY YOU GUYS HAVE ENOUGH ISSUES YOU ARE BATTLING WITH ALREADY, DO NOT ADD TO IT, BE WARNED, LEARN FROM STORIES OF THOSE WHO HAVE FALLEN VICTIM. undecided undecided

De alqaeda's don come out!

Fool.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by RichyBlacK(m): 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2009
Beaf:

Eh hen! Na so alqaeda take start. . . They first throw out logic, then human beings become God! Na so!

True talk!

I never trust those who try to rubbish logic!

Gold is more valuable than Copper whether in Heaven or in Hell.

Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by BlackRevo: 5:05pm On Aug 12, 2009
vission:

In the above part that is bolded above please can you explain what touch and harm really means?
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Beaf: 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2009
vission:

This is how they control fanatics in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by vission: 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2009
quote from beaf -De alqaeda's don come out!

Fool.

it is you and your fathers house that are a fools.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by mustafar1: 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2009
it is funny how people preach touch not my annoited and right after order shopona and sango to fire anyone who dare talk anything about their church/pastor etc etc. u either preach the bible or stick to shopona. stop mixing and using both already.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by vission: 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2009
Black_Revo:

In the above part that is bolded above please can you explain what touch and harm really means?

you need a dictionary?
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by REALTRUTH1: 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2009
RichyBlacK:

True talk!
I never trust those who try to rubbish logic!
Gold is more valuable than Copper whether in Heaven or in Hell.
 Everything in this world was created and formed by God via Logic,,,its by logic we understood the mysteries behind the birth of Jesus,,it is also by very superior logic Pastor Adeboye runs RCCG and with logic he created the 1000 millionaires club.Its logic the advisers that sold the ideas to him told the pastor that this  method would work.
Its by logic and reasoning the the church bought a Jet,,,It is also by logic,reasoning and ability to study and understand the Bible that some of us understand at what point a supposed man of God is falling off grace or missing the point.Many people don't understand RCCG,,the church has slided and has continued to slide.
What is the essence having parishes everywhere and the even the Pastors re not even born again?
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by REALTRUTH1: 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2009
must_a_far:

it is funny how people preach touch not my annoited and right after order shopona and sango to fire anyone who dare talk anything about their church/pastor etc etc. u either preach the bible or stick to shopona. stop mixing and using both already.
Those re the qualities of the Pastors and Born Agains U have in RCCG,,,So don't be surprise,,just check any thread on Adeboye or RCCG,,U would see their traits,,,
This truly how al-qaeda dey take start ooo,,,,when U make God from man,,,that is the problem U would have.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by vission: 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2009
must_a_far:

point of correction i dont overreact over a  man of God or church, i already said they are answerable to God, but when you think you can use foul languages on my person, i send it back to you. back to sender. and pls keep your sanpona or whatever to yourself.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Beaf: 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2009
vission:

quote from beaf -De alqaeda's don come out!

Fool.

it is you and your fathers house that are a fools.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
vission:

Alqaedas easily resort to violence. No different from Boko Haram.

If you read all my posts on this thread, you wouldn't dare abuse me, cos I'll be saying 'A SIMPLE PRAYER'.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-308068.192.html#msg4337445

Fool.

Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by mustafar1: 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2009
vission:

point of correction i dont overreact over a  man of God or church, i already said they are answerable to God, but when you think you can use foul languages on my person, i send it back to you. back to sender. and pls keep your sanpona or whatever to yourself.

and where in my comment did i make reference to u? i read through the thread, noticed something and commented. because my comment came in right after ur doesnt mean im respondng to u. some people have serious issues. get off my tail with ur back to sender bullmanure, i dont know who sent something to u that u r returning. nonsense
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by BlackRevo: 5:56pm On Aug 12, 2009
vission:

you need a dictionary?

i do not need one and since you don't undertand the question let me put it to you again,

That verse you quoted from the bible can you explain it from the bible as it is related to pastor adeboye.

The touch not my annoited and do my prophets no harm which you quoted smply means we are not to physically harm them.
1) David did not harm saul physically but he rebuked him
2) Samuel Did not harm saul but he rebuked him when he did not follow Gods instructions excatly
3) Nathan did not harm david but rebuked him after he committed adultery

And please the anointed means the kings of isreal and not our modern pastors and like wise the prophets as well.

The Bible gives us the right to rebuke our christian brothers if they are doing what is not right, bringing them into correction true love.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by gentysho(m): 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2009
i am totally in support of pastor adeboye!! he is on the right path and may god continue to give him power to carry ot the work of God!!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by nex(m): 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2009
Somebody mentioned that somethings are beyond human understanding. How come Adeboye now understands them? Is he now God? I'm even afraid that that that his title of G. O will soon be accompanied by a D.

Daddy General Overseer (G. O) will soon become General Overseer Daddy (G.O.D). His members will find this a more befitting name. Having attributed every other feature of God to him, why not the name.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Jakumo(m): 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2009
nex:

Somebody mentioned that somethings are beyond human understanding. How come Adeboye now understands them? Is he now God? I'm even afraid that that that his title of G. O will soon be accompanied by a D.

Daddy General Overseer (G. O) will soon become General Overseer Daddy (G.O.D). His members will find this a more befitting name. Having attributed every other feature of God to him, why not the name.

Adeboye already has more cash in his bank account than God, so his followers will have to think up a title that implies monetary superiority to God, dollar for dollar.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by beycitee(m): 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2009
haba people wetin happen,why ar u calling him names?,wat has he stollen from u?.d fact dat u ar poor does not mean nigerians ar poor.those dat are giving ar they complaning?.why una kon dey use panadol 4 another man head, watch wat u post who knows,
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by gentysho(m): 8:21pm On Aug 12, 2009
THE WISDOM OF MEN IS NOTHING BUT FOOLISHNESS BEFORE GOD!! MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS PASTOR ADEBOYE IN HIS MINISTRY TO BOTH POOR AND RICH!!! THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY IS MOVING ON!! NO MATTER WHAT!! JESUS IS LORD!!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by bawomolo(m): 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2009
beycitee:

haba people wetin happen,why ar u calling him names?,wat has he stollen from u?.d fact dat u ar poor does not mean nigerians ar poor.those dat are giving ar they complaning?.why una kon dey use panadol 4 another man head, watch wat u post who knows,

ha turn the other eye until the robber comes to your house.   

gentysho:

THE WISDOM OF MEN IS NOTHING BUT[b] FOOLISHNESS BEFORE GOD![/b]! MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS PASTOR ADEBOYE IN HIS MINISTRY TO BOTH POOR AND RICH!!! THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY IS MOVING ON!! NO MATTER WHAT!! JESUS IS LORD!!

hmmm i see why this God of adeboye doesn't like wise men.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by manmustwac(m): 9:28pm On Aug 12, 2009
religion is part of the reason why nigeeria is not progressing cry cry cry
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by switch47(m): 10:22pm On Aug 12, 2009
gentysho:

THE WISDOM OF MEN IS NOTHING BUT FOOLISHNESS BEFORE GOD!! MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS PASTOR ADEBOYE IN HIS MINISTRY TO BOTH POOR AND RICH!!! THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY IS MOVING ON!! NO MATTER WHAT!! JESUS IS LORD!!
Spot on------ May God bless you and may God continue is mighty wors through Pastor Adeboye. THE LORD IS GOOD!! Doing great and mighty works through pastor Adeboye!! This is wonderful in the eyes of the lord!!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by lafile(m): 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2009
Something tells me anybody who has N1Million (or N10 Million for that matter) to give is no fool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Military To Begin Operation Crocodile Smile In Ogun State / Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala / Girl Killed In Aba Yesterday During The Search For IPOB Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.