Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,247 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers (25189 Views)

Benue APC Leaders Search For New Party Over Threat For Hosting Mass Burial / Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People / Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Pavarottii(m): 2:33pm On May 07, 2016
Musiwa419:
So it is The Fulani and Yoruba's that told Seriake Dickson not to pay his state workers salary since November last year
Keep quiet. He has paid January. Abi u don't know all states are receiving low allocations from FG. Tell me one state in d north that is not owing?
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by ogmask: 2:33pm On May 07, 2016
kenonze:
Self inflicted pains.

Niger Deltans need to wake up.

There are after the wrong people.
They should go after the leaders (past and present) Who failed to develop their region. DICKSON is yet to pay January salary, many LGAs are owe for 13months counting. Meanwhile he is busy junketing in Florida

For them, the zoo must fall. Then I ask , who will lead the new "heaven"? Instead of holding the leaders accountable they are busy shouting bring down Nigeria. How I wish this country can disintegrate so that some blind folks will know that the difference between 'green eagles and supper eagles' is in the name.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by IVORY2009(m): 2:34pm On May 07, 2016
EasternLeopard:
The new sheriff has gone on a tourism expedition grin

The new sheriff nor dey wear pant grin cheesy
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by paschu: 2:34pm On May 07, 2016
Siddeek:
I wish pmb will allow them to bomb the entire niger delta and lets see who will suffer most.

Don't worry. Shey you think this is a joke? Light is already off, soon fuel supply will dry up. By the time you sleep two nights in that your rat hole (without fan) your brain will reset.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by wink2015(m): 2:35pm On May 07, 2016
[size=18pt]The federal government must not abandon the project left behind by former president jonathan in the Niger delta such as the EPZ Project, the national maritime university Okenrenkoko, and others like that. President Buhari should complete this project to create employment for Nigerians in the Niger delta.

If they focus on Lagos state, and the rest of the south west including the northern part of the country. Then we will continue to have violence in the Niger delta.

The northern leadership can not control a resources that is not in their own land. The people of the Niger delta wants to control their oil and gas resources and they are crying for true federalism.

Let Buhari commence talks with the militant especially people like Tompolo he is a game changer.[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by WeNigerDelta: 2:37pm On May 07, 2016
To those saying the militants are further degrading our environment...Over 10,000 oil spills has happened in the Niger Delta, how many was cause by militants? And those profiting from it have they bothered to clean up jack?
To those asking what our governors have done with 13%, we know they are thieves and don't hide it. What have y'all done with our 87% you share to yourselves...We have been to places like Texas and seen what have been done with less than what we have.
To those saying the regular Niger Deltan don't support this. The attacks have taken place so far in Warri Southwest, have you heard anything from the Olu of Warri or Pere of Gbaramatu?
Have you been to our villages and creeks to even see the rot of the place that has fed y'all for decades now. You ingrates....As long as your brothers get cushy offshore jobs and are flown in with choppers you could care less...
To those saying they should shut oil production down and find other means of revenue...Please God in heaven should make that happen, that's our prayers. We will wait for our allocation and give y'all 13% since you think that's good enough...
We have fed the nation for long enough, give us full resource control. It is our God given right...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 07, 2016
Alfamann:
The zoo must fall
OK o, Niger Delta is falling already.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by AreaFada2: 2:40pm On May 07, 2016
cc150615:
The daftest set of ppl I've ever seen in my life....this was how they pursued all oil companies from warri, by the time dy shut down all oil producing activities in offshore escravos, they'll tell me who will be the bigger loser? These ppl need to receive sense ASAP

Well, the best thing for now is to leave oil inside the ground where it is. Until a generation that can judiciously use it comes along.

Nigeria is now an oil junky. Like any junky, it cannot make good decisions.

Nigeria should develop other sources of revenue.

Better still, oil should become irrelevant if oyinbo can find cheaper alternatives. I guess by then, we will know if Nigeria only has oil unity or the various tribes are really so madly in love with each other to continue to co-exist.

What seems daft from where you're sitting comfortably might not be at all daft from another person's position.

Nobody has monopoly over wisdom aside God. cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by DropShot: 2:41pm On May 07, 2016
Alfamann:
The zoo must fall
Been hearing it since a year ago.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Eluwilussit(m): 2:41pm On May 07, 2016
oduastates:

yep.
Just to show how useless the country is.
People do not pay taxes.
Most do not pay utility bills
Nigeria does not make anything significant for export even though, she has everything to make it happen
( kaduna state has only 540, 000 people paying for electricity in spite of a 8 million population claim).
This is replicated through out the country.

It is replicated throughout the north, not the country. The south pays for every bit of electricity usage. The north is raping the hell out of Nigeria in every facet of our national life. cry cry cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by worksmart(m): 2:41pm On May 07, 2016
I heard it has returned already in Abuja.
miky:
Another Fuel scarcity coming folks!!!
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 07, 2016
madridguy:
I can see some daft rejoicing over this news. This are the same set of people that will start shouting foul play when the return leg started. I voted Buhari cuz I know is capable of doing the great task.

Over to Buraitai.

Make any body no cry foul or carry placard to protest when the jungle mature.

In Buhari voice: we are coming.
And when they start getting Buratized they say its injustice.Now they are celebrating.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Kposkila: 2:42pm On May 07, 2016
That wud mark d beginning of anoda phase of trouble, gradually the stronger regions wud want to pull out, claiming the generate more than the others and their 10% can even take care of other region, our problem is cannot be solved by mere permutation... Nigeria is simply a complex state!
chidozieikeji2:
divide the country into 6 regions then each region will have its own ,army ,police,aviation and president then we will have a leader in the centre known as the supreme leader each region can manage their natural resources on their own and will pay 10 percent to the central govt and u will see nigeria deveop with speed
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Mavrick2012: 2:44pm On May 07, 2016
Khd95:
These avengers are bitting more than they can chewsad

make them go learn frm dem tompolo,asari,govt etc.
what about them?how do u know they are not part of this criminal group called niger delta revenge nonsence.But,sir,those of you sheepishly supporting this govt,what impact has it positively made on our economy,because after all said and done,economic improvement is the core essence of a good govt.The price of virtually everything has gone up and the cry of the poor has increased,yet some of you are still here crasslly acting APC/PDP pre-election baldadash.Its so apalling that some of you have passed through one higher institution or the other yet you dont know when to collectively demand for good govt.smh

3 Likes

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by bezimo(m): 2:45pm On May 07, 2016
This is so unfortunate, but we must realise that those northerners started it with the GEJ government by frustrating it with terrorism, now the NDA are trying to frustrate Buharis government economically by sabotaging oil platforms and pipelines.
This is a lose-lose situation.

Lesson learnt: What you do to others comes around and stays around.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by scholes0(m): 2:45pm On May 07, 2016
wowmenow:
Wow its no more ijaws that are bombing in the creeks its now the itsekiris
We all know is tinubu that is sponsoring them

The crack in APC will destroy Nigeria

I have noticed that as well...
They used to sit on the fence... what happened?

1 Like

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by rexzqcom(m): 2:47pm On May 07, 2016
Bnladan:
...threats from NIGER DELTA CHRISTIAN TERRORISTS undecided

You got that wrong sir.
Is a threat from NIGER DELTA CHRISTIANS FREEDOM FIGHTERS. fighting for total liberation from exploitative, subjugative and parasitic oppressions.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by 7lives: 2:47pm On May 07, 2016
oduastates:

At times, you need to dismantle something before you can rebuild it.
Try starting a cement company or fruit juice company in any of these places then come back to repeat what you have just said.
The future of my people will not be tied to oil, herdsmen or people who refuse to move into the next century.
Was it not for this reason all local and foreign investors are diverting from the ND.Dangote refinery,The shipyard
Petrochemical plant etc and other companies are looking at a future with oil from other countries in West Africa.
They are all discounting the ND.

Don't mind them, later they will come and cry about how headquarters of their OYEL companies are located in Lagos and how their people are not being employed, as if we don't know how they have been selling the job slots given to them by the oil companies for 1-2 millions respectively eni to so apo ogbon nu, apo iya lo so ko.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by worksmart(m): 2:49pm On May 07, 2016
So it was Buhari that appointed Dasuki and forced him to share out the $2.1 bn meant to fight Boko haram?
SenatePresdo:
Hahahaa, I can't stop laughing. When their son GEJ was the president, Buari assured that he would rubbish his government.
He and his evil cohorts went and masterminded, sponsored and even sympathized boko-haram. And yes! they succeeded in rubbishing his government.

Now that he is the president,if the S/S decides to turn the table on him at all cost, I will be solely behind them.

One Nigeria indeed.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by anny268(f): 2:52pm On May 07, 2016
SenatePresdo:
Hahahaa, I can't stop laughing. When their son GEJ was the president, Buari assured that he would rubbish his government.
He and his evil cohorts went and masterminded, sponsored and even sympathized boko-haram. And yes! they succeeded in rubbishing his government.

Now that he is the president,if the S/S decides to turn the table on him at all cost, I will be solely behind them.

One Nigeria indeed.
If it turns out to be that way, we all will suffer it.. It's better to pray for a peaceful resolution.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by bezimo(m): 2:53pm On May 07, 2016
Bnladan:
...threats from NIGER DELTA CHRISTIAN TERRORISTS undecided

At least they are not kidnapping school girls, destroying schools or educational institution, or bombing church or attacking and raping communities unlike what Islamic terrorist are "comfirmly" and always know for.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Bnladan(m): 2:54pm On May 07, 2016
rexzqcom:

You got that wrong sir.
Is a threat from NIGER DELTA CHRISTIANS FREEDOM FIGHTERS. fighting for total liberation from exploitative, subjugative and parasitic oppressions.
wateva name u call dem, 2 identities can not be taken away frm dem; Christians dey re and terrorists dey re.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by WeNigerDelta: 2:56pm On May 07, 2016
7lives:

Don't mind them, later they will come and cry about how headquarters of their OYEL companies are located in Lagos and how their people are not being employed, as if we don't know how they have been selling the job slots given to them by the oil companies for 1-2 millions respectively eni to so apo ogbon nu, apo iya lo so ko.

We also know how Ooni of ife, oba of Lagos and aalfin all have job slots. Where those sold to them as well?
Since the headquarters is in Lagos, Oba of Lagos and Ooni can look for a lovely place in the middle of the Lagoon for them to put their rig...
Y'all are enjoying electricity in Lagos, and there is no light bulb in our creeks....
Good precise attack NDA....Feel what our people feel....Ingrates
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by alt3r3g0: 2:57pm On May 07, 2016
Its amazing how the governer of Delta state has been silent on this matter.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by bezimo(m): 2:59pm On May 07, 2016
cc150615:
The daftest set of ppl I've ever seen in my life....this was how they pursued all oil companies from warri, by the time dy shut down all oil producing activities in offshore escravos, they'll tell me who will be the bigger loser? These ppl need to receive sense ASAP

Dont be daft if those NDA continue with the wrong they are doing it would end in a lose-lose situation with Nigerian economy been the bigger loser because revenue generation would be significantly reduced which means the state you come from cant get anything from the FG, hence they can't pay salaries, cant fund infastructure project and so on.The cascading effect is more on Nigeria than the ND.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-06/nigerian-oil-output-plunges-to-20-year-low-as-attacks-escalate

1 Like

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by oduastates: 3:00pm On May 07, 2016
WeNigerDelta:
To those saying the militants are further degrading our environment...Over 10,000 oil spills has happened in the Niger Delta, how many was cause by militants? And those profiting from it have they bothered to clean up jack?
To those asking what our governors have done with 13%, we know they are thieves and don't hide it. What have y'all done with our 87% you share to yourselves...We have been to places like Texas and seen what have been done with less than what we have.
To those saying the regular Niger Deltan don't support this. The attacks have taken place so far in Warri Southwest, have you heard anything from the Olu of Warri or Pere of Gbaramatu?
Have you been to our villages and creeks to even see the rot of the place that has fed y'all for decades now. You ingrates....As long as your brothers get cushy offshore jobs and are flown in with choppers you could care less...
To those saying they should shut oil production down and find other means of revenue...Please God in heaven should make that happen, that's our prayers. We will wait for our allocation and give y'all 13% since you think that's good enough...
We have fed the nation for long enough, give us full resource control. It is our God given right...

Most of it and Because of their activities, they have given the foreign oil companies the excuse or something to blame
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Nicepoker(m): 3:02pm On May 07, 2016
cc150615:

Maybe we need to review your definition of control...cos I'm trying to calculate how much of their so-called 'oyel-money' they really have access to? Nd wandering why their ppl at the grassroots still suffer that much with so much oyel money.....
because of that same oil money some states can pay salary. Osun oyo should I continue. U say they don't have access to. But u are feeding from it. Now that they want to stop u having the access. U are wailing.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by rexzqcom(m): 3:06pm On May 07, 2016
ogmask:

For them, the zoo must fall. Then I ask , who will lead the new "heaven"? Instead of holding the leaders accountable they are busy shouting bring down Nigeria. How I wish this country can disintegrate so that some blind folks will know that the difference between 'green eagles and supper eagles' is in the name.

Nigeria problem is not leadership.
Problem is the ugly and nasty foundational structure.
Unitary system sucks. Creates inefficiency, laziness and dependency. Decentralisation is the key for all the engines of the system to work at the same time.
Those who have been getting by on dependending on others, are afraid to stand on their own two feet.

1 Like

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by WeNigerDelta: 3:12pm On May 07, 2016
oduastates:

Most of it and Because of their activities, they have given the foreign oil companies the excuse or something to blame

Can't you see we no longer give a F? Before they and y'all started blaming us, you lot didn't do anything for us. You guys were not kicking and screaming, when our environments was constantly degraded to feed y'all, you didn't care about the welfare of our people, environment and way of life.
It's why we laugh and see through you guys that suddenly started caring for our environment more than we do...We were you guys for the over 10,000 spills?
Now we don't care anymore, you will never care for us or fight our fight. You will always blame us or someone else. We have accepted this as our fate.. So keep putting the blame on us, we will take it all in...

3 Likes

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Nature129(m): 3:13pm On May 07, 2016
Niger Delta Avengers even have an official website: www.nigerdeltaavengers.com/?m=1 Those guys are not smiling at allgrin

2 Likes

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by oduastates: 3:13pm On May 07, 2016
Apart from edo,cross river and akwa ibom, the rest of the Niger -delta are so overrun by Ijaw criminals and militias, that it will take a leader with an iron fist and will to pacify those places.
These guys and the politicians who support them have turned the place into a festering sore.
They have rendered much of these states desolate that the only investors ready to put any money there are into high risk / high reward ventures ( oil and gas).

1 Like

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 07, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

Can't you see we no longer give a F? Before they and y'all started blaming us, you lot didn't do anything for us. You guys were not kicking and screaming, when our environments was constantly degraded to feed y'all, you didn't care about the welfare of our people, environment and way of life.
It's why we laugh and see through you guys that suddenly started caring for our environment more than we do...We were you guys for the over 10,000 spills?
Now we don't care anymore, you will never care for us or fight our fight. You will always blame us or someone else. We have accepted this as our fate.. So keep putting the blame on us, we will take it all in...
whateva.. We really do not give two fs anymore . Let what will be be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Why Dino Melaye Is Against Me" - Governor Yahaya Bello / Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud / 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.