Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About (42238 Views)

What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) / D / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by hero2000: 11:36am On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Okay, lets reason together. You see, it is not everything that's recorded in the bible, i.e, the day to day activities of bible's characters. This style of writing is not only common in the bible, but also in the literatures of the world. Why? Here, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were EVERY ONE of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written"- John 21:25. That's it! If the world itself cannot contain just Jesus ministry alone, how much more detailing every thing about creation?

Now, the point I'm trying to make is this. In Genesis 4:1, Cain is born. The very next verse, Abel is born too. The point: after Cain was born, definitely, a lot of time has passed before Abel was born! Also note that it is in verse 1 that Adam knew his wife, and it is still in that verse that she bare Cain. So at least you should know that nine months has passed since Adam knew his wife before she bare Cain!

Coming down to verse 14, certainly, a lot of years has passed before Cain slew his brother, judging from the fact that one was a farmer and the other, a shepherd. That means they were adults who could take responsibilities!

So, it is very much possible and likely that at this stage of their lives, their parents may have already produce other children in order to be "fruitful and multiply". I hope this helps?

Very reasonable answer!
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by najib632(m): 11:37am On May 08, 2016
Sirnose:
Hello peeps!..good evening
There has been a nagging question i have asking,but have'nt gotten an answer.
The question is,if God only created Adam and Eve,and they in turn begat Caine and Abel,who begot every other person on earth as at then.we are told that after God cast Caine out of His presence,he became a wanderer and eventually got a wife and married her(Gen.5 vs 17).
Where did this wife of Caine come from?
Did God created other people after Adam and Eve?
Why was it not recorded in d Bible?
Is the compilation of the Bible even complete?
The Qur'an's version is the same with bible but has more info: when God cast Adam A.S. and Eve out of paradise: Adam A.S. landed at srilanka, Eve at Arafat and Iblis(satan) jedah. Adam A.S. then asked God for forgiveness then God forgave him and directed him to where he would meet Eve. It was said that adam and hauwa didn't know anything that God taught them all they knew. During that time Mother Eve delivered twins at every so God directed that the first male should marry the second male and the second male should marry the first female. That was where Cain and Abel's beef started, Cain's sister was beautiful while Abel's wasn't, so Cain didn't agree then God decided to test them. Cain was a farmer while Abel rared livestock, God asked them to give him a sacrifice so Cain brought the bad crops from his farm while Abel brought the best animal that he had. God then chose Abel's sacrifice which made Cain angrier till he killed Abel. Then God sent 2 angels to demonstrate to Cain what to do because he was confused and didn't know what to do then the angels transformed into birds that were fighting so one killed the other then dug hole and put his fellow Inside so Cain did the same and God delt with him severly, about being exiled Only God knows best I have only told you what I know, Peace.

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by lomprico(m): 11:39am On May 08, 2016
nnadychuks:
In the old testament the bible didn't take record of women,the decendants talked about males.. Since it was regarded that woman came from man
Story!
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:40am On May 08, 2016
The truth of the matter be say, INCEST intimacy was allowed during the days of Adam & Eve, even when God wiped away the world & saved just Noahs family. Brothers were allowed to marry sisters or cousins, so they could populate the world....In otherwords, we got this much through INCEST S-E-X. Simple!
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by lomprico(m): 11:41am On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Okay, lets reason together. You see, it is not everything that's recorded in the bible, i.e, the day to day activities of bible's characters. This style of writing is not only common in the bible, but also in the literatures of the world. Why? Here, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were EVERY ONE of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written"- John 21:25. That's it! If the world itself cannot contain just Jesus ministry alone, how much more detailing every thing about creation?

Now, the point I'm trying to make is this. In Genesis 4:1, Cain is born. The very next verse, Abel is born too. The point: after Cain was born, definitely, a lot of time has passed before Abel was born! Also note that it is in verse 1 that Adam knew his wife, and it is still in that verse that she bare Cain. So at least you should know that nine months has passed since Adam knew his wife before she bare Cain!

Coming down to verse 14, certainly, a lot of years has passed before Cain slew his brother, judging from the fact that one was a farmer and the other, a shepherd. That means they were adults who could take responsibilities!

So, it is very much possible and likely that at this stage of their lives, their parents may have already produce other children in order to be "fruitful and multiply". I hope this helps?
It still dosent answer the question.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by nnadychuks(m): 11:42am On May 08, 2016
blackjack21:

For thinking that animals don't have power to reason and create even beyond humans' scope shows how limited the mind your so called God gave you.
I see that gorilla can even think better than you.. You said that,not me
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by CoolUsername: 11:44am On May 08, 2016
goingape:
why do you find it offensive when someone called you an APE but yet still proving we originated from APE undecided

your spirit is fighting that demonic theory.

gladly tell the world that your family have a genetic trace of APEs belonging to the gorilla species

Man did not evolve from ape. One modern specie doesn't evolve into another. They share a common ancestor. Please next time endeavour to enlighten yourself before speaking on a public forum.

4 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by sinceraconcept(m): 11:45am On May 08, 2016
bulldoza:

I hope you don't believe in all those nonsense Fairytale and stories in that book...
That book is definitely not the word of GOD.
It's the word of the people of that generation. They only used their knowledge...
The more you learn,the more you see. I now see the reason why white people are becoming atheists I see why researches are mostly atheists. Because the bible that's given to them contradicts with facts
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:47am On May 08, 2016
safarigirl:
so the entire human population was created from iincestuous relationships?
Yes oo, have you forgotten that God destroyed the world Once but saved only the family of Noah....Noah had just him , his wife, his sons & wives. So its been recorded, that for the time being God allowed them to lie with one another for the purpose of populating the earth. But later he forbade the pratice. Its all written in the bible.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by BiafranAmerican: 11:47am On May 08, 2016
goingape:
you got what you want to believe:

your ideology your problem
Oh so you disagree thag I should not haul my G-wagon to heaven ? The problem is I have got great taste. How do i knkw my home in heaven will be built with best grade materials. I need to take designers there to remodel my home in heaven. I DONT TRUST THAT BIBLE GOD TO GET ME THE BEST HOME IN HEAVEN.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by weyabblog: 11:47am On May 08, 2016
xtervaganza:
I know much more about your bible than you and I know it's all lies
grin bye
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Tweetbright(m): 11:47am On May 08, 2016
onosprince:
After the snake banged eve, adam caught them and they had a threeeeesome, eve gave birth to cane and abel and the snake gave birth to 3 beautiful daughters and cain married the first daughter of the snake. grin
you shall give account of every idle word you say on the last day
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by khadaffi(m): 11:48am On May 08, 2016
nnadychuks:
stop cracking,read genesis 5:1-2

Now I'm beginning to think you are either a BOT or an idiot. You said "In the old testament the bible didn't take record
of women,the decendants talked about males..
Since it was regarded that woman came from
man"
I just showed you this is not true and you are referring me to Genesis 5. What's in Genesis 5 by the way

"This is the written account of Adam’s
family line.
When God created mankind, he made them in
the likeness of God. He created them male
and female and blessed them. And he named
them “Mankind” when they were created."

That is your genesis 5:1-2. How does that explains that women were irrelevant in the bible.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by ucjesuso: 11:52am On May 08, 2016
foolish question
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Texco10(m): 11:52am On May 08, 2016
Sirnose:
Hello peeps!..good evening
There has been a nagging question i have asking,but have'nt gotten an answer.
The question is,if God only created Adam and Eve,and they in turn begat Caine and Abel,who begot every other person on earth as at then.we are told that after God cast Caine out of His presence,he became a wanderer and eventually got a wife and married her(Gen.5 vs 17).
Where did this wife of Caine come from?
Did God created other people after Adam and Eve?
Why was it not recorded in d Bible?
Is the compilation of the Bible even complete?
Adam and Eve gave birth to other one called Seth. Read the book of Genesis very well
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Paulpaulpaul(m): 11:55am On May 08, 2016
Eluwilussit:

You are mixing different things. Go back and read your bible slowly as advised. grin grin grin

I bet you won't say that to my face.

Council of Nicaea edited the Bible around 325AD
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by nnadychuks(m): 11:55am On May 08, 2016
khadaffi:

Now I'm beginning to think you are either a BOT or an idiot. You said "In the old testament the bible didn't take record
of women,the decendants talked about males..
Since it was regarded that woman came from
man"
I just showed you this is not true and you are referring me to Genesis 5. What's in Genesis 5 by the way

"This is the written account of Adam’s
family line.
When God created mankind, he made them in
the likeness of God. He created them male
and female and blessed them. And he named
them “Mankind” when they were created."

That is your genesis 5:1-2. How does that explains that women were irrelevant in the bible.
because they didn't mention their names bro,unlike lamech,methuselah..etc I just wanted to prove a point to you,I didn't expect this insult from anybody well,if you were a Christian you wouldn't insult me.. I don't know why you non-Christians view our thread and comment rubbish.. Anti-Christ
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Mcowubaba: 11:57am On May 08, 2016
SweetBoyFriend:
Religion is the biggest scam to mankind.

Adam and Eve were the only living people in the world at that time, the had sex and had only two sons named Cain and Abel also had one daughter named Seth.

Cain and Abel later had many children.
Who did the son had sex with ??

Their sister i guess (Incest)

This is how Christians will tell me that there's some in heaven called Jesus Christ.
When was Jesus born ?? 300 billion years ago grin
But you will show me a picture and tell me this is Jesus, maybe you took a picture of him with your IPhone 6

The picture of JESUS CHRIST which is in popular circulation has various origins, some saying it was revealed to them in a vision nd the draw it...

Some say the were inspired by the Holy Spirit to draw nd create the image......
Nobody said it was taken by an IPhone or Android..... Stop mocking and deceiving yourself...

GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED (Galatians 6:7)
Atheism is a plague and I pray for your soul....

U peeps sure know how to make mockery of yourselves thinking you are mocking Christianity cheesy
Christianity is the biggest, largest Religion in the World...
That HOLY NAME JESUS CHRIST HAS MORE FOLLOWERS THAN ALL THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW BOTH DEAD OR ALIVE OR EVEN UNBORN......
About the creation story a lot have been explained both on this thread nd in various Christian books, but alas u won't read them, if u read Them, u will fail to accept it.... But that's ur problem.....
If not that as Christians were are instruments of bringing salvation to mankind, I won't even be replying any non-believer, let alone worrying to convert them....
But Heaven is big enough for us all... I pray you retrace your steps and accept JESUS CHRIST as your personal LORD AND SAVIOUR.....
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by xtervaganza(m): 11:59am On May 08, 2016
weyabblog:
grin bye
your eyes will be opened one day
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by xtervaganza(m): 12:02pm On May 08, 2016
Mcowubaba:

The picture of JESUS CHRIST which is in popular circulation has various origins, some saying it was revealed to them in a vision nd the draw it...

Some say the were inspired by the Holy Spirit to draw nd create the image......
Nobody said it was taken by an IPhone or Android..... Stop mocking and deceiving yourself...

GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED (Galatians 6:7)
Atheism is a plague and I pray for your soul....

U peeps sure know how to make mockery of yourselves thinking you are mocking Christianity cheesy
Christianity is the biggest, largest Religion in the World...
That HOLY NAME JESUS CHRIST HAS MORE FOLLOWERS THAN ALL THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW BOTH DEAD OR ALIVE OR EVEN UNBORN......
About the creation story a lot have been explained both on this thread nd in various Christian books, but alas u won't read them, if u read Them, u will fail to accept it.... But that's ur problem.....
If not that as Christians were are instruments of bringing salvation to mankind, I won't even be replying any non-believer, let alone worrying to convert them....
But Heaven is big enough for us all... I pray you retrace your steps and accept JESUS CHRIST as your personal LORD AND SAVIOUR.....
stop lying to yourself about your Jesus.

The truth is your Jesus never existed. He was made up like every other religion.

And Michael Jackson is more popular than your Jesus

Stop lying

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by MabraO: 12:02pm On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

This your story doesn't hold water

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by CoolUsername: 12:03pm On May 08, 2016
horlumiday:

In other for atheists to ease up his fear , he had to determine if Christianity
is false or not , that is why they attack christians soo much even dough islam
has cause more chaos.
So to my atheists friends If you fear death, yet believe that God does not
exist, then you are being irrational.. Just let go of your pride....

Just answer the friggin' question!

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Paulpaulpaul(m): 12:04pm On May 08, 2016
bulldoza:

I hope you don't believe in all those nonsense Fairytale and stories in that book...
That book is definitely not the word of GOD.
It's the word of the people of that generation. They only used their knowledge...

Don Brown says it all in Dav... Code
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by MabraO: 12:09pm On May 08, 2016
JMAN05:

The bible beneficial for teaching, for reproving etc 2tim 3:16. The bible has a purpose for its writing. The purpose is not to document every bit of history(no book can claim that even historical books), but to lead us to the knowledge of God and to the sanctification of His name.

The story of Cain and Abel was to teach us what envy does. It was written for instruction, not that they were the only children of Adam at the time. If God does not feel that a knowledge will be helpful for our teaching, he won't include the account in His word. I want u to understand what the bible is.

2. Did God create other humans after Adam and Eve or before? the bible's answer is no.

It was only Eve that gave birth to other humans who populated the earth. Gen 3:20.

Did she and Adam give birth to only males? No, read gen 5:4.

It is logical then to conclude that Eve gave birth to other humans not mentioned in the bible, including females. Why is this reasonable?

- Adam was 130 yrs before giving birth to Seth. Gen 5:3. Now 129 years is enough to give birth to many and even enough time for ur offspring to produce there own children.

- The words of Cain and Gods action at gen 4: 14-15 as to who might kill Cain, suggests that some families have sprang up and migrated to other locations. Cain may have married any of his female relatives.

The story of Cain became prominent no doubt cos of the lessons to be learned from it. Perhaps the accounts of Adam's other sons and daughters never had something of significance.

Some story are too difficult to believe
It's best u stop explaining

My papa gave birth to me after 130 years
The other relatives were given birth by who?
I know eve didn't do that.
Remember it's a sin or abomination to marry ur sister?
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by pharoahs(m): 12:11pm On May 08, 2016
Is that the answer to the question asked?....talking like you know the answer.
lipsrsealed
Splinz:
It's obvious you've not been reading your bible well. Now go back to Genesis and start all over. This time, read it very slowly and pay good attention.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by cloudgoddess(f): 12:11pm On May 08, 2016
goingape:
going by this! you are buying the ideal that YOU originate from APE!

science can talk RUBBISH.

this is a centuries debate and no reasonable answer yet known.
Sorry but inflated egos do not change or discredit scientific evidence. That you refuse to accept something because it makes you feel uncomfortable, angry, or shamed, does not make it false.

Furthermore, a reaction of anger and shame does not even make sense when you actually understand the process of biological evolution; sharing a common ancestor with a certain species does not mean we are somehow less capable as human beings; it doesn't devalue our species in any way, it only shows how far we have come through gradual genetic change over the eons, which I personally find awe-inspiring and wonderful. No one is equating you to an "unintelligent/ugly/wild monkey" when they say our species evolved, that perception is mindless ego and ignorance talking.

*And just to clarify:
Evolution doesn't state that our ancestors were "apes" as in the apes we see in the zoo today. What it does say is that humans share a common ancestor with the modern great apes like chimpanzees and bonobos. If you trace back human lineage, there are no chimpanzees or bonobos anywhere in the genealogy. However there is a species that split into seperate populations, which diverged into seperate evolutionary paths like a branching tree. One path led to humans (& other hominid species which have now gone extinct such as Homo erectus, Homo habilis, etc.), and one path led to chimps & bonobos.

3 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by gragraboy: 12:11pm On May 08, 2016
Splinz:
It's obvious you've not been reading your bible well. Now go back to Genesis and start all over. This time, read it very slowly and pay good attention.
Just answer the question! e be like say you yourself no know

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by zanebaddo(m): 12:15pm On May 08, 2016
DropShot:

Adam and Eve had eight sets of twins, each set with one boy and one girl.

Allah commanded they cross-marry, the last set marrying the first set. Cain didn't want his brother Abel to marry his own beautiful twin sister, saying he would be the one to marry her instead. This was the reason he killed Abel and he later married his own twin sister.

Islam details the account without missing anything.

Allahu Akbar.
hahahahah Jesus Christ.. So this is the Koran version of the story grin I can't wait to know more. ... . And you believed Islam detailed everything without missing anything, while Christians assume that not every thing was recorded in the Bible as it was not possible to have done so grin
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by najib632(m): 12:18pm On May 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:
The answer is that the biblical account of human origins is glaringly false. The bible was written and compiled by people in ancient 1st century civilizations who had no way of knowing their true origins due to the absence of modern archaeological, biological & geographical knowledge, talk less of having any clue about DNA and genetics and how to trace lineages by studying sequencing data.

There is no possible way, genetically or geographically, for all humans to have originated from a single pair of humans located somewhere in the middle eastern territory 6,000 or so years ago. There are even manmade tools and relics found throughout the world that date back far older than the proposed creation of biblical Adam and Eve. Modern humans were preceded by a large population of pre-modern hominids (not a single pair), and the many races we see today are a result of over 100,000 years of migration, adaptation, and genetic diversion from Africa.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by najib632(m): 12:18pm On May 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:
The answer is that the biblical account of human origins is glaringly false. The bible was written and compiled by people in ancient 1st century civilizations who had no way of knowing their true origins due to the absence of modern archaeological, biological & geographical knowledge, talk less of having any clue about DNA and genetics and how to trace lineages by studying sequencing data.

There is no possible way, genetically or geographically, for all humans to have originated from a single pair of humans located somewhere in the middle eastern territory 6,000 or so years ago. There are even manmade tools and relics found throughout the world that date back far older than the proposed creation of biblical Adam and Eve. Modern humans were preceded by a large population of pre-modern hominids (not a single pair), and the many races we see today are a result of over 100,000 years of migration, adaptation, and genetic diversion from Africa.
You are only telling us how it happened and not why and about those people that look like half man and half monkey they were a people that disobeyed God. God that created us in his Image which both the Bible and Qur'an have testified how will you spill that type of thing from your mouth are you tey to say God looks like that may God forbid let me tell u d ppls story. God told them through his messengers that they should not go to the river and fish on a Friday but among them were those that disbelived, the hypocrites and the obedient so God punished the wrong doers and the hypocrites and pardoned the Good doers. That race is extinct now it is their remains that scientists use to deceive people of Ignorance and people of little faith. Why don't scientist talk about the expansion of the universe that has existed in the Quran for over 1400yrs why dont they talk about the way God explained how an embryo is formed for the past 1400yrs why dont they critisize them. As J.cole said sceince can only tell u how but it cant tell you why. Read the bible very well I recommend king james version if you are not convinced read the Qur'an.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by blackjack21(m): 12:19pm On May 08, 2016
nnadychuks:
I see that gorilla can even think better than you.. You said that,not me
You see why? humans are always bias to in our perspective. we've completely modify the definition of intelligence to suite our perspective.

let me ask you a question, do you think monkeys regard building computers and sky scrappers ask being intelligent?

You're not a psych, and definitely can't infiltrate their thought system, you don't know what intelligence means to them, if you don't know that then how are you able to know that we're more intelligent than they're? bias perspective!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by omohayek: 12:19pm On May 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Sorry but inflated egos do not change or discredit scientific evidence. That you refuse to accept something because it makes you feel uncomfortable, angry, or shamed, does not make it false.

Furthermore, a reaction of anger and shame does not even make sense when you actually understand the process of biological evolution; sharing a common ancestor with a certain species does not mean we are somehow less capable as human beings; it doesn't devalue our species in any way, it only shows how far we have come through gradual genetic change over the eons, which I personally find awe-inspiring and wonderful. No one is equating you to an "unintelligent/ugly/wild monkey" when they say our species evolved, that perception is mindless ego and ignorance talking.

Good luck with your efforts at educating these people on the findings of modern evolutionary biology; given the vastness of scientific ignorance, and fervor of religious fundamentalism, in Nigerian society, you're definitely going to need it!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say / ''anybody Putting On 'attachment' Is Putting On Snake In The Realm Of Darkness'' / Nigerian Who Went to Heaven Shares Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.