Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About (42242 Views)

What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) / D / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:19pm On May 08, 2016
haywire07:

There was possibility that Cain married from Adams offspring . But u need to understand that though God created Adam and Eve , there were fallen angels present on earth too.
Fallen angels and humans had relationships which their product yielded giants . such is Goliath.

So earth got populated by offsprings from both fallen angels and humans .

hmnmm to think of it, satan was already around and he tempted eve with the apple which means his fallen angels were also around too but the bible did't talk of them during those genesis period.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by macof(m): 2:21pm On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Your opinion is noted, boss. However, considering the story of origin by our own ethnic nation, that's entirely a matter of choice for me. I'll certainly learn of it when I'm in need of it. Thanks

thank you. but why would you think you don't have need of your ethnic lores but have need of Jewish myths?
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by EternalBeing: 2:21pm On May 08, 2016
Seventeen:
God dint need to create more people after Adam and Eve. He already told them to go forth and multiply, I believe they had many other children apart from Cain and Abel. I wouldn't know why the story of their kids revolved only around Cain and Abel, but they (Cain & Abel) obviously had other siblings.

Excellent!

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by hotdi(m): 2:22pm On May 08, 2016
Not every event was recorded in the bible, but the relevant/important ones. Otherwise the bible would have been too bulky to carry about. However, certain mysterious things/events will be unveiled when we get to heaven. I Cor. 1:18; I Cor. 1:4:1.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 2:23pm On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Okay, lets reason together. You see, it is not everything that's recorded in the bible, i.e, the day to day activities of bible's characters. This style of writing is not only common in the bible, but also in the literatures of the world. Why? Here, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were EVERY ONE of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written"- John 21:25. That's it! If the world itself cannot contain just Jesus ministry alone, how much more detailing every thing about creation?

Now, the point I'm trying to make is this. In Genesis 4:1, Cain is born. The very next verse, Abel is born too. The point: after Cain was born, definitely, a lot of time has passed before Abel was born! Also note that it is in verse 1 that Adam knew his wife, and it is still in that verse that she bare Cain. So at least you should know that nine months has passed since Adam knew his wife before she bare Cain!

Coming down to verse 14, certainly, a lot of years has passed before Cain slew his brother, judging from the fact that one was a farmer and the other, a shepherd. That means they were adults who could take responsibilities!

So, it is very much possible and likely that at this stage of their lives, their parents may have already produce other children in order to be "fruitful and multiply". I hope this helps?

Assumptions, Assumptions!!! That's all you have to dish out for the gullible religious fanatics to swallow hook, line and sinker.

Try another one.

because assumptions is never an evidence.

The contents of bible is purely an Israeli's accounts of how they perceived the world.

Bible does not have a clue on how the whole universe came about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Splinz(m): 2:29pm On May 08, 2016
lomprico:

After cain killled abel, he went to a far land to pick a wife! That means that wife has parents that gave her out to cain. Who created them??

Anyway I know the answers to this questions and its not d explanation u gave. I just want to hear other peoples opinion.
Okay. But, you do no one any good by concealing your superior answers at a time it is needed most.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by OgundeleT(m): 2:29pm On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Okay, lets reason together. You see, it is not everything that's recorded in the bible, i.e, the day to day activities of bible's characters. This style of writing is not only common in the bible, but also in the literatures of the world. Why? Here, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were EVERY ONE of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written"- John 21:25. That's it! If the world itself cannot contain just Jesus ministry alone, how much more detailing every thing about creation? that means bible is not a reliable source when it comes to creation

Now, the point I'm trying to make is this. In Genesis 4:1, Cain is born. The very next verse, Abel is born too. The point: after Cain was born, definitely, a lot of time has passed before Abel was born! Also note that it is in verse 1 that Adam knew his wife, and it is still in that verse that she bare Cain. So at least you should know that nine months has passed since Adam knew his wife before she bare Cain!

Coming down to verse 14, certainly, a lot of years has passed before Cain slew his brother, judging from the fact that one was a farmer and the other, a shepherd. That means they were adults who could take responsibilities!

So, it is very much possible and likely that at this stage of their lives, their parents may have already produce other children in order to be "fruitful and multiply". I hope this helps?
but this contradict the rules in lev 18
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:31pm On May 08, 2016
robinsoncrosoe:
here is an intelligent lady.suprised a lady in nija can reason this way.

sorry to ask but how many ladies in naija do you know?
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by montezz(f): 2:32pm On May 08, 2016
goingape:
the Ethiopian calendar is backward by 3 years i guess!

930 years may not be exactly 930 because they use a different calendar to calculate there own time and during those time Adam begat daughters and son but the bible only concentrate on the men history down to his son.

U r getting it wrong. I was only asking you to prove that scientific claims about human existence is wrong and don't give me the inaccurate biblical facts.

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by nopretense: 2:33pm On May 08, 2016
Sirnose:
Hello peeps!..good evening
There has been a nagging question i have asking,but have'nt gotten an answer.
The question is,if God only created Adam and Eve,and they in turn begat Caine and Abel,who begot every other person on earth as at then.we are told that after God cast Caine out of His presence,he became a wanderer and eventually got a wife and married her(Gen.5 vs 17).
Where did this wife of Caine come from?
Did God created other people after Adam and Eve?
Why was it not recorded in d Bible?
Is the compilation of the Bible even complete?
fructification and multiplication were taking place nd besides, he didn't marry immediately after departing frm his parents...
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Splinz(m): 2:33pm On May 08, 2016
OgundeleT:

but this contradict the rules in lev 18
Lets hear the contradictions.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Splinz(m): 2:35pm On May 08, 2016
BIAFRANFLAG:

Assumptions, Assumptions!!! That's all you have to dish out for the gullible religious fanatics to swallow hook, line and sinker.

Try another one.

because assumptions is never an evidence.

The contents of bible is purely an Israeli's accounts of how they perceived the world.

Bible does not have a clue on how the whole universe came about.

Your opinion.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Paulpaulpaul(m): 2:36pm On May 08, 2016
menxer:

Re-verify your facts.

Civilization (literacy) started in Sumer, thousands of years before Egypt.

You can download a free PDP copy of "The Earth Chronicles" or "The Lost Book of Enki", it would fill a lot of gaps in biblical history.

Be prepared to upgrade up your understanding of the Bible and the creation of man.

You said I should download PDF of Earth Chronicles like I'm looking for the lost epod.. Nobody is talking about gap, as small as the bible is, the world most popular book is meticulous about details. Take it or leave it Genesis is written by Moses in introspection. The commandment was given by God directly but the remaining parts, I know you know better. We can say (as a Christian) God opened his as to the past.

If he copied the his authorship is questionable, as you know he is not the only writer anyway
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by RuddyFusion(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2016
Whosoever asked this question have not been reading his or her Bible....Go back and read your Bible especially the book of Genesis and you will find your answers there....
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by cloudgoddess(f): 2:37pm On May 08, 2016
sinceraconcept:
I've always wondered about this too. Pls shed more light on it. I've always wondered if other living organisms also had their Adams and Eve to multiply into different species too just like humans
You're on the right track wink The phenomenon you are looking for is called speciation. It doesn't quite happen in an "Adam & Eve" fashion, in that there are never just two founders of a population, and new species never arise completely independently of others like Adam & Eve did, but from pre-existing forms dating all the way back to the very first life form. A population (the total number of members that belong to a particular species, like all polar bears alive at a given time) can be relatively small or relatively large depending on the type of species (microorganism populations are typically extremely large in comparison to populations of large mammals) and the conditions of their particular environment.

Speciation is a branching process, this is exhibited in the phylogenies of all species, including that of humans. A phylogeny is a diagram that shows the past speciation that led up to a group of more recent (usually presently existing) species over time. My favorite image of a phylogeny tree is this one, because of how comprehensive and appealing to the eye it is, and because of the notes which are worth reading:

If you look closely, two branches on the outer edge can always be traced backwards in time to a convergent point. For any pair or set of species being compared, that point can be more recent in time than another pair or set. This convergence point represents the most recent common ancestor of those species you are tracing.

Look at the far bottom right of the image (brown), and you will see that the convergence point for humans and chimpanzees is very recent in evolutionary history (about 7 million years ago) compared to, say, the most recent common ancestor of humans and snakes. The same is true of the most recent common ancestor of starfish and sea urchins; we can say that starfish & sea urchins, or humans & chimpanzees, are more closely related, because the ancestral species that divided to eventually give rise to either set, did so more relatively recently.

More specific, "zoomed in" phylogenies (ones that include more precise dates and the names of the specific species each branch represents) can be constructed for any clade (a common ancestor + it's decendents) you want to look at. For modern humans and all of our closest related known species:

[img]http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/images/evograms/hominid_evo.jpg[/img]
I like this image a lot too because it also shows when certain defining genetic traits are thought to have arisen in these speciating hominid populations (due to mutation and natural selection), given present archaeological findings and genetic sequencing data.

I hope that was helpful!

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by goingape: 2:38pm On May 08, 2016
montezz:

U r getting it wrong. I was only asking you to prove that scientific claims about human existence is wrong and don't give me the inaccurate biblical facts.
no wonder you look like baboon!

that's your prove ^^

believe anything you want to believe! that's nor of my problem. if science said that you originate from APE believe it.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Splinz(m): 2:39pm On May 08, 2016
macof:

thank you. but why would you think you don't have need of your ethnic lores but have need of Jewish myths?
I've already answered you, sir. I said, "I'll learn of it; when I'm in need of it". It's entirely a matter of choice.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by montezz(f): 2:39pm On May 08, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Now this is more serious than i thought, this version is even worse than the others, religion is really something else, even tho it sounds reasonable and kind of makes sense since back then things we frown on now were all normal.
I swear!

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by OgundeleT(m): 2:39pm On May 08, 2016
DropShot:

Adam and Eve had eight sets of twins, each set with one boy and one girl.

Allah commanded they cross-marry, the last set marrying the first set. Cain didn't want his brother Abel to marry his own beautiful twin sister, saying he would be the one to marry her instead. This was the reason he killed Abel and he later married his own twin sister.

Islam details the account without missing anything.

Allahu Akbar.
but that Allah is not almighty for him to know they will disobey him even before creating them?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Mbediogu(m): 2:40pm On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Okay, lets reason together. You see, it is not everything that's recorded in the bible, i.e, the day to day activities of bible's characters. This style of writing is not only common in the bible, but also in the literatures of the world. Why? Here, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were EVERY ONE of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written"- John 21:25. That's it! If the world itself cannot contain just Jesus ministry alone, how much more detailing every thing about creation?

Very reasonable and logical. Not everything was recorded and even parts of what was recorded were removed by church authority.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by apisadodo(m): 2:40pm On May 08, 2016
Eve witnessed the birth of their first children, a set of twins, Cain (qabil )and his sister, few years Eve later gave birth to Abel (habil )and his sister .the family enjoyed the bounties and the fruit of the earth provided by God. the children grew up to be strong and healthy young adults. Cain tilled the land, while Abel raised cattle..the time arrived When the two young men desired life partners. this was part of Allah's plan for mankind, to multiply and form nations with different cultures and colors. Allah revealed to Adam that he should marry each son to the twins sister of the other. Adam instructed his children according to Allah's command, but Cain was displeased with the partner chosen for him, for Abel's twin sister was not beautiful as his own.(surah 5:27-31)that is the reason why Cain killed Abel........ I am ready for your matured questions
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by hahn(m): 2:44pm On May 08, 2016
DropShot:

Adam and Eve had eight sets of twins, each set with one boy and one girl.

Allah commanded they cross-marry, the last set marrying the first set. Cain didn't want his brother Abel to marry his own beautiful twin sister, saying he would be the one to marry her instead. This was the reason he killed Abel and he later married his own twin sister.

Islam details the account without missing anything.

Allahu Akbar.

So, Allah supports incest. Nice undecided
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by montezz(f): 2:46pm On May 08, 2016
goingape:
no wonder you look like baboon!

that's your prove ^^

believe anything you want to believe! that's nor of my problem. if science said that you originate from APE believe it.

Lol and you reason even less than a rat. I asked you to prove otherwise and u came up with that shit?
If you know your brain can't process or give a concise explanation to my question why not hide yourself under ur priest's cloak and pray that an intelligent fellow answer d question so u can also learn. Oponu agbaya.

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by robinsoncrosoe: 2:46pm On May 08, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

sorry to ask but how many ladies in naija do you know?
pls......b4 I ansa ur question,I want to kw if I shd use jamb ansa sheet or waec ansa sheet to submit the ansa
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Donemmy(m): 2:51pm On May 08, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

Don't come with that, don't even try it.

Adam and Eve gave birth to Cain and Abel but Cain killed Abel. God put a mark on him so that people of the world would not kill him. Genesis 4;14-15

Who are those people?

This universe is over 13billion years old. No record is accurate anymore.

I have asked this same question severally but no one seems to have a straight forward answer. I ended up being more confused than ab initio.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by goingape: 2:52pm On May 08, 2016
montezz:

Lol and you reason even less than a rat. I asked you to prove otherwise and u came up with that shit?
If you know your brain can't process or give a concise explanation to my question why not hide yourself under ur priest's cloak and pray that an intelligent fellow answer d question so u can also learn. Oponu agbaya.

APE

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:52pm On May 08, 2016
robinsoncrosoe:
pls......b4 I ansa ur question,I want to kw if I shd use jamb ansa sheet or waec ansa sheet to submit the ansa
no need, you already answered my question, such shallow reasoning, assuming all Nigerian females are dumb and daft only speaks volume on your exposure level, if you even knew how many millions of educated and intelligent females we have, you would have insulted yourself with such form of reasoning..
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:53pm On May 08, 2016
montezz:

I swear!

Babe religion and evolution theories won't kill me, me i just want to work, live, have fun, be happy and yes know the truth about how i got here and what happens when we die but all these is giving me a headache already..
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by montezz(f): 2:54pm On May 08, 2016
goingape:

APE
GoingAPE. Infact your kind has gone into extinction{habilis}. Too backward.

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:55pm On May 08, 2016
montezz:

You are beautiful in your own way! cool
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by cloudgoddess(f): 2:56pm On May 08, 2016
goingape:
So your family mate with apes and begat you due to your explanation

Or your grandfather is a descendant of apes
This isn't how evolution works, you are ignorant on what the process entails. Please read the explanation I posted about ten posts above.

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Splinz(m): 2:57pm On May 08, 2016
Mbediogu:

Very reasonable and logical. Not everything was recorded and even parts of what was recorded were removed by church authority.
Thanks, you got it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

''anybody Putting On 'attachment' Is Putting On Snake In The Realm Of Darkness'' / Nigerian Who Went to Heaven Shares Experience / Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.