Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About (42239 Views)

What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) / D / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by macof(m): 12:21pm On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Okay, lets reason together. You see, it is not everything that's recorded in the bible, i.e, the day to day activities of bible's characters. This style of writing is not only common in the bible, but also in the literatures of the world. Why? Here, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were EVERY ONE of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written"- John 21:25. That's it! If the world itself cannot contain just Jesus ministry alone, how much more detailing every thing about creation?

Now, the point I'm trying to make is this. In Genesis 4:1, Cain is born. The very next verse, Abel is born too. The point: after Cain was born, definitely, a lot of time has passed before Abel was born! Also note that it is in verse 1 that Adam knew his wife, and it is still in that verse that she bare Cain. So at least you should know that nine months has passed since Adam knew his wife before she bare Cain!

Coming down to verse 14, certainly, a lot of years has passed before Cain slew his brother, judging from the fact that one was a farmer and the other, a shepherd. That means they were adults who could take responsibilities!

So, it is very much possible and likely that at this stage of their lives, their parents may have already produce other children in order to be "fruitful and multiply". I hope this helps?

this is nice. . but I want you to realize that Adam and eve tale is a myth. . they never really existed. .. that's how the Jews were able to explain existence.

lemme ask you, have you ever wondered about the story of origin told by your own ethnic nation?

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Eluwilussit(m): 12:24pm On May 08, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

I bet you won't say that to my face.

Council of Nicaea edited the Bible around 325AD

How are you sure of that? You read somewhere that it was edited around 325AD, and how does that take away or add anything to this post?

You have many options:
1) Go back and read the bible slowly.
2) Don't go back at all to read it.
3) Read it academically.
4) Read it occultically.
5) Read it blasphemously.
6)
7)
cool

The bible was written by different men at different times. It was never in chronological order. We know it was edited and assembled, with some portions possibly still missing.

Adam lived over 800 yrs. So he must have had other sons and daughters, and many grandchildren and great grandchildren. So Cain must have married from among them. That is an easier explanation than assuming that there were other people out there, since the bible didn't say that either. Remember, the Bible didn't say at what age Cain killed Abel. They may have been teens or 700 yrs. grin

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by theEYe21(f): 12:24pm On May 08, 2016
Cain came back and slept with his mother and bore children, that was the only way he could procreat, Eve was the only female that existed in the world at that time grin grin
Sirnose:
Hello peeps!..good evening
There has been a nagging question i have asking,but have'nt gotten an answer.
The question is,if God only created Adam and Eve,and they in turn begat Caine and Abel,who begot every other person on earth as at then.we are told that after God cast Caine out of His presence,he became a wanderer and eventually got a wife and married her(Gen.5 vs 17).
Where did this wife of Caine come from?
Did God created other people after Adam and Eve?
Why was it not recorded in d Bible?
Is the compilation of the Bible even complete?
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by najib632(m): 12:25pm On May 08, 2016
MabraO:

Some story are too difficult to believe
It's best u stop explaining

My papa gave birth to me after 130 years
The other relatives were given birth by who?
I know eve didn't do that.
Remember it's a sin or abomination to marry ur sister?
How were expecting the world to populate why do you think that people used to live in thesame place during noahs time?
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by nnadychuks(m): 12:26pm On May 08, 2016
blackjack21:

You see why? humans are always bias to in our perspective. we've completely modify the definition of intelligence to suite our perspective.

let me ask you a question, do you think monkeys regard building computers and sky scrappers ask being intelligent?

You're not a psych, and definitely can't infiltrate their thought system, you don't know what intelligence means to them, if you don't know that then how are you able to know that we're more intelligent than they're? bias perspective!
you are still saying thesame thing over again.. Goats and chickens are more intelligent than you.. You said it,I didn't
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by bakila: 12:27pm On May 08, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

That is not entirely true, Cain eventually married from Adam's offsprings Genesis 4v16 downward. Who were the people? Obviously Seth was not born yet
Did good not create them with joystick and kitkat. Imagine what Adam will do to Eve and vice- versa if they are setting up the practicals for the world sexuality section without bills. They will born so many, who will intermarry and born quickly and in 50 years the population will be much. Mind you at that time people like you are not in the world.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by theEYe21(f): 12:28pm On May 08, 2016
Why are you trying to avoid the question. Just answer grin
Splinz:
It's obvious you've not been reading your bible well. Now go back to Genesis and start all over. This time, read it very slowly and pay good attention.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Sanchez01: 12:29pm On May 08, 2016
I once answered this here on Nairaland...

I'm here to learn

Hehehehe! The topic is somewhat tricky though... I pray God helps me out in trying to explain this.

The Bible skipped many details for reasons known. These details included the growing up of some characters, the specific number of children, the number of years when something took place. Though not all but some... For example, the Bible never told us the developmental stage of Adam when he was formed by God, i.e, we were never told if he was formed to the teen level, youth level or adult stage. We assume he was formed straight into the adult stage. Also, the Bible never specified how long Adam and Even spent in Eden before eating from the tree which caused their downfall. These are just some of the details that were skipped, probably the need to include them was not necessary.

However, the assumption seems to be that Cain and Abel were the first two children of Adam and Eve. Although Cain does seem to be the firstborn, the text is not clear that Abel was the second born, but only that he was the second son. Later, the narrative indicates that Adam and Eve produced "other sons and daughters." So, it is possible that Adam and Eve produced daughters between the births of Cain and Abel. It is also likely that others sons and daughters were produced after the birth of Abel. We don't know how old Cain and Abel were when Cain murdered his brother because that part was also skipped as many other parts in the Bible, but they seem to be at least young adults, since they are both engage in a trade for their living.

The second thing one notices is Cain's seeming paranoia about being found and revenge being taken against his for killing Abel. The only way this makes sense is if the brothers and sisters of Abel were upset that Cain had killed their brother (you could remember that he was scared that Abel might be avenged). Although the period of time between the birth of Cain and the death of Abel is not given in the Bible, it would seem that this period was probably over 100 years, since the birth of Adam's next son, Seth is said to have occurred when Adam was 130 years old. Adam and Eve could have produced many daughters during that period of time.

So, the Genesis narrative suggests that Cain had other brothers and sisters when he was exiled by God. One of those sisters married Cain (or more likely had already been married to Cain when he killed his brother), became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch somewhere east of Eden. The next problem that arises is the claim that Cain "built a city." To us, in the 21st century, this evokes images of skyscrapers and high density housing. However, the original Hebrew word, translated "city," merely had the meaning of a place that was guarded by a watch or with a wall. At its minimum, the Hebrew root referred to an encampment or post. So, it is entirely possible that Cain could have built such a "city."

Skeptics have pointed out that the only viable solution to the problem of Cain's wife (Cain marrying his sister) suffers from theological problems, since close relations were not allowed to marry according to Jewish law. However, all of these events happened before the law was given. According to the Apostle Paul, when there is no law, there can be no violation of the law or sin. So, since the law against incest was not given until thousands of years later, there was no theological problem with Cain marrying his sister.

Just like Cain took one of his sisters for a wife, it would have been possible that the other sons did the same and made for themselves a settlement which was described as a 'city' in the Bible. Just like I pointed out above, the 'city', according to Jewish traditions them, was a settlement of people which is fenced or properly defended from outsiders. So it could be right to say that was the say thing the Bible referred to but the use of the word 'city' is wrongly rendered, obviously, because it does not project the proper mental image of a city in our minds.

Conclusively, inbreeding was not condemned until thousands of years later after the laws were made, and that best explain how the descendants of Adam were able to multiply. smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/2173922/people-land-nod-bible-question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by macof(m): 12:32pm On May 08, 2016
Joel3:
.this is old gist. one of the creation story. and I believe every native, tribe or religion has one.

exactly! I don't see why people like to give themselves headache over Jewish mythology and ignore igbo, Yoruba etc tales of creation

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by deluxez12(m): 12:35pm On May 08, 2016
Splinz:
It's obvious you've not been reading your bible well. Now go back to Genesis and start all over. This time, read it very slowly and pay good attention.
answer his question u dey refer to another place
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by kazyhm(m): 12:40pm On May 08, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

Pls, I gat no curiosity to satisfy and pls, there is nothing like the knowledge of this world.

Back to the matter, go read the story of the Church, read about the council of Nicaea. I prolly understand Il Timothy 3v16 than you

the beginning of knowledge and awareness
loving you bro
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Seventeen(f): 12:41pm On May 08, 2016
Sirnose:
The question is,if God only created Adam and Eve,and they in turn begat Caine and Abel,who begot every other person on earth as at then.we are told that after God cast Caine out of His presence,he became a wanderer and eventually got a wife and married her(Gen.5 vs 17).
God dint need to create more people after Adam and Eve. He already told them to go forth and multiply, I believe they had many other children apart from Cain and Abel. I wouldn't know why the story of their kids revolved only around Cain and Abel, but they (Cain & Abel) obviously had other siblings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by spartan2709(m): 12:41pm On May 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:
The answer is that the biblical account of human origins is glaringly false. The bible was written and compiled by people in ancient 1st century civilizations who had no way of knowing their true origins due to the absence of modern archaeological, biological & geographical knowledge, talk less of having any clue about DNA and genetics and how to trace lineages by studying sequencing data.

There is no possible way, genetically or geographically, for all humans to have originated from a single pair of humans located somewhere in the middle eastern territory 6,000 or so years ago. There are even manmade tools and relics found throughout the world that date back far older than the proposed creation of biblical Adam and Eve. Modern humans were preceded by a large population of pre-modern hominids (not a single pair), and the many races we see today are a result of over 100,000 years of migration, adaptation, and genetic diversion from Africa.

GBEDU WEY DEY BURST BRAIN
Thank u sister

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Paulpaulpaul(m): 12:42pm On May 08, 2016
bakila:

Did good not create them with joystick and kitkat. Imagine what Adam will do to Eve and vice- versa if they are setting up the practicals for the world sexuality section without bills. They will born so many, who will intermarry and born quickly and in 50 years the population will be much. Mind you at that time people like you are not in the world.

Adam born three sons - Cain, Abel and much later Seth. Cain had not married when he killed Abel by inference, Abel too was single.

Who intra married who?

Cain later married his father's offspring, I mean one of his siblings. The same thing with Seth.

What I was expecting is the offsprings of the angels that pollash ladies but that happened very much later.

The Nicaea couldn't present the history in a realistic way and that is a big problem
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by okezed: 12:47pm On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Okay, lets reason together. You see, it is not everything that's recorded in the bible, i.e, the day to day activities of bible's characters. This style of writing is not only common in the bible, but also in the literatures of the world. Why? Here, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were EVERY ONE of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written"- John 21:25. That's it! If the world itself cannot contain just Jesus ministry alone, how much more detailing every thing about creation?

Now, the point I'm trying to make is this. In Genesis 4:1, Cain is born. The very next verse, Abel is born too. The point: after Cain was born, definitely, a lot of time has passed before Abel was born! Also note that it is in verse 1 that Adam knew his wife, and it is still in that verse that she bare Cain. So at least you should know that nine months has passed since Adam knew his wife before she bare Cain!

Coming down to verse 14, certainly, a lot of years has passed before Cain slew his brother, judging from the fact that one was a farmer and the other, a shepherd. That means they were adults who could take responsibilities!

So, it is very much possible and likely that at this stage of their lives, their parents may have already produce other children in order to be "fruitful and multiply". I hope this helps?
very good point but to add to what you said. The collection of the history was not in sequence some had been recorded before or after the preceding chapter
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Btruth: 12:50pm On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

it's thus very helpful. God bless you.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by phanshark(m): 12:50pm On May 08, 2016
Sirnose:
they are the first created, then later God created others.just as Christ is the first begotten of the father, so adam & ave are
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Splinz(m): 12:54pm On May 08, 2016
okezed:
very good point but to add to what you said. The collection of the history was not in sequence some had been recorded before or after the preceding chapter
Okay sir.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Babycherry(f): 12:55pm On May 08, 2016
JMAN05:

The bible beneficial for teaching, for reproving etc 2tim 3:16. The bible has a purpose for its writing. The purpose is not to document every bit of history(no book can claim that even historical books), but to lead us to the knowledge of God and to the sanctification of His name.

The story of Cain and Abel was to teach us what envy does. It was written for instruction, not that they were the only children of Adam at the time. If God does not feel that a knowledge will be helpful for our teaching, he won't include the account in His word. I want u to understand what the bible is.

2. Did God create other humans after Adam and Eve or before? the bible's answer is no.

It was only Eve that gave birth to other humans who populated the earth. Gen 3:20.

Did she and Adam give birth to only males? No, read gen 5:4.

It is logical then to conclude that Eve gave birth to other humans not mentioned in the bible, including females. Why is this reasonable?

- Adam was 130 yrs before giving birth to Seth. Gen 5:3. Now 129 years is enough to give birth to many and even enough time for ur offspring to produce there own children.

- The words of Cain and Gods action at gen 4: 14-15 as to who might kill Cain, suggests that some families have sprang up and migrated to other locations. Cain may have married any of his female relatives.

The story of Cain became prominent no doubt cos of the lessons to be learned from it. Perhaps the accounts of Adam's other sons and daughters never had something of significance.

Hmmmmmm, spent some time trying to understand this, with what you just wrote, it means Cain married his sister, and other generations were created by Adam and eve's children marrying each other which means incest? Is this what you mean? If it is, that means marrying one's relative is biblically justified?
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by kazyhm(m): 12:59pm On May 08, 2016
RichDad1:

Same thing I've been pondering for years.
It's obvious some people have been in existence before or about the same time as Adam and Eve. Perhaps Africans? Lol
Adam mean Red earth. So he might not necessary be the progenitor of the black race.
Who knows? undecided
Abeg someone should provide a very logical answers.

logical you said ?
don't talk to churchy people if you want logic because the are all crammers. they cram but won't dig on the contents

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by menxer: 1:05pm On May 08, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

Your first analogy of the whole world not being able to contain the information is ridiculous. Let's accept the truth that Genesis is written in introspection by Moses who didn't live in the Eden time.

Don't forget that the world was destroyed by God, maybe Noah kept some records in the ark. Moses was born and bred in Africa-Egypt. It would be surely be an inaccurate and disjointed piece. To this time, there was no known literacy, in fact, one fact says literacy started in Egypt.

Re-verify your facts.

Civilization (literacy) started in Sumer, thousands of years before Egypt.

You can download a free PDP copy of "The Earth Chronicles" or "The Lost Book of Enki", it would fill a lot of gaps in biblical history.

Be prepared to upgrade up your understanding of the Bible and the creation of man.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by menxer: 1:05pm On May 08, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

Your first analogy of the whole world not being able to contain the information is ridiculous. Let's accept the truth that Genesis is written in introspection by Moses who didn't live in the Eden time.

Don't forget that the world was destroyed by God, maybe Noah kept some records in the ark. Moses was born and bred in Africa-Egypt. It would be surely be an inaccurate and disjointed piece. To this time, there was no known literacy, in fact, one fact says literacy started in Egypt.

Re-verify your facts.

Civilization (literacy) started in Sumer, thousands of years before Egypt, even before the flood.

You can download a free PDP copy of "The Earth Chronicles" or "The Lost Book of Enki", it would fill a lot of gaps in biblical history.

Be prepared to upgrade your understanding of the Bible and the creation of man. grin
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by golddeejay(m): 1:08pm On May 08, 2016
onosprince:
After the snake banged eve, adam caught them and they had a threeeeesome, eve gave birth to cane and abel and the snake gave birth to 3 beautiful daughters and cain married the first daughter of the snake. grin
thats another 'creative' version of how it all started in Genesis. considering we have a lot of version to this story...will start thinking up my own version of the story.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by kazyhm(m): 1:08pm On May 08, 2016
podosci:

Blasphemy!!!!!!!Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!...... The God of the old testament would have flooded the earth or rained down fire on the earth killing everyone or killed all first born children (innocent and guilty) BUT we are lucky He his a changed God and has decided to take the path of mercy rather than murder grin grin

your own GOD can repent ehn!

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by sammybrandy(m): 1:13pm On May 08, 2016
According to Gen 4:17, Cain's wife was one of Adam's offspring. Adam gave birth to other children beside Abel n Cain.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by omobaekiti: 1:13pm On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

I am sorry if some find this as an insult but its not my intention to insult anyone,haven said that; I think those following the Abrahamic religions are Zombies. The glaring falsehood in those religion is appalling yet adherents would always find a way to justify the obvious lies and half truth...religion is what it is...just the figment of the imagination of man to keep his society sane. I am no atheist I believe there is a higher force in a parallel but higher plane than ours but I don't subscribe to one religion having the monopoly of truth as most Christians want us to believe.

3 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by kazyhm(m): 1:15pm On May 08, 2016
DropShot:

Adam and Eve had eight sets of twins, each set with one boy and one girl.

Allah commanded they cross-marry, the last set marrying the first set. Cain didn't want his brother Abel to marry his own beautiful twin sister, saying he would be the one to marry her instead. This was the reason he killed Abel and he later married his own twin sister.

Islam details the account without missing anything.

Allahu Akbar.

this is what ?
from sacrifice to marriage
I understand
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by orbgoblin: 1:17pm On May 08, 2016
Cain had a twin sister, abel had a twin sister. Cain's twin sister was beautiful and abel's wasn't. Cain was to marry abels twin sister and abel to marry cain's. Cain got furious as to why he couldn't marry his own beautiful twin sister and that was where the jealousy came from. Cain killed abel and left with his own sister and they shagged happilly ever after or did they? ......END
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 08, 2016
Wow! What a topic for the day! I have once asked this question but on a second thought i had to go through my Bible and guess what I found out in Genesis 1 vs 26 - 29: 26 Then God said, " And now we will make HUMAN BEINGS; THEY WILL BE LIKE US AND RESEMBLES US. They will have power over the fish, the birds, and all the animals, domestic and wild, large and small. " 27 ...He created them male and female, 28 blessed them, and said " Have many children , so that your descendants will live all over the earth and bring it under their control. I am putting you in charge of the fish, the birds, and all the wild animals. 29 I have provided all kinds of grain and all kinds of fruit for you to eat;
This was done in the sixth day of the creation according to the Good News Bible. God wanted to maintain communion between heaven and earth and that was why Adam and Eve were specially created after He has finished His work of creation. Hope this helps
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Btruth: 1:19pm On May 08, 2016
For me, I would rather say that after the creation of Adam and Eve, other human creations remain a mystery. There was possibility of Adam and Eve having many kids especially girls after the birth of Abel. But it was obvious that human production rate then was spectacular.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by kikies(m): 1:27pm On May 08, 2016
JMAN05:

The bible beneficial for teaching, for reproving etc 2tim 3:16. The bible has a purpose for its writing. The purpose is not to document every bit of history(no book can claim that even historical books), but to lead us to the knowledge of God and to the sanctification of His name.

The story of Cain and Abel was to teach us what envy does. It was written for instruction, not that they were the only children of Adam at the time. If God does not feel that a knowledge will be helpful for our teaching, he won't include the account in His word. I want u to understand what the bible is.

2. Did God create other humans after Adam and Eve or before? the bible's answer is no.

It was only Eve that gave birth to other humans who populated the earth. Gen 3:20.

Did she and Adam give birth to only males? No, read gen 5:4.

It is logical then to conclude that Eve gave birth to other humans not mentioned in the bible, including females. Why is this reasonable?

- Adam was 130 yrs before giving birth to Seth. Gen 5:3. Now 129 years is enough to give birth to many and even enough time for ur offspring to produce there own children.

- The words of Cain and Gods action at gen 4: 14-15 as to who might kill Cain, suggests that some families have sprang up and migrated to other locations. Cain may have married any of his female relatives.

The story of Cain became prominent no doubt cos of the lessons to be learned from it. Perhaps the accounts of Adam's other sons and daughters never had something of significance.
I like pple who argue with facts,nice one there
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 08, 2016
Equado:
well Ill correct u here, the Bible accounted that man has been here for 6000yrs not the earth, the earth is 4.3billionyrs old and even the Bible attest to that.

Creationists use the bible to defend a six-thousand year-old creation of d earth/universe against a longer time frame. Nowhere in d bible is it stated that d earth is 4.3billion yrs old. We have science to thank for that. If d bible accounted that man has been here for 6,000 yrs, that's still glaringly wrong and only a non-scientist/pseudo-scientist would make such claim.

Let me quickly point here that I'm not anti-bible or anti-religion. The creation stories in the bible reflect typical hebraic styles of writing (poetical/metaphorical) and not actual literal history. So I wouldn't call them 'lies' any more than I would call d tortoise stories I heard in my childhood as lies. I'd rather say that d ancient writers used metaphors to paint their understanding of life origins since they didn't have d kind of sci/tech we have today.
That's why many creation myths abound and even d bible account is a modification of pre-existing myths.

Where d problem lies is interpretation.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say / ''anybody Putting On 'attachment' Is Putting On Snake In The Realm Of Darkness'' / Nigerian Who Went to Heaven Shares Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.