Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About (42230 Views)

What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) / D / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Nobody: 10:58am On May 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:
The answer is that the biblical account of human origins is glaringly false. The bible was written and compiled by people in ancient 1st century civilizations who had no way of knowing their true origins due to the absence of modern archaeological, biological & geographical knowledge, talk less of having any clue about DNA and genetics and how to trace lineages by studying sequencing data.

There is no possible way, genetically or geographically, for all humans to have originated from a single pair of humans located somewhere in the middle eastern territory 6,000 or so years ago. There are even manmade tools and relics found throughout the world that date back far older than the proposed creation of biblical Adam and Eve. Modern humans were preceded by a large population of pre-modern hominids (not a single pair), and the many races we see today are a result of over 100,000 years of migration, adaptation, and genetic diversion from Africa.

U've said it all. Some people mistake the stories/metaphors in their holy books for actual literal history.
If anyone still believes that d earth/universe was created 6,000 ago by an angry, vengeful, war-loving Jewish 'God' and all humans descended from a pair of naked adults running around in a garden 6,000 yrs ago, then that person is just as ignorant as chickens are, about say, calculus or quantum mechanics

4 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Equado(m): 11:00am On May 08, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

Don't come with that, don't even try it.

Adam and Eve gave birth to Cain and Abel but Cain killed Abel. God put a mark on him so that people of the world would not kill him. Genesis 4;14-15

Who are those people?

This universe is over 13billion years old. No record is accurate anymore.

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Nobody: 11:00am On May 08, 2016
alizma:

can u tell us what Islam say about human creation?
DID I TELL U AM A MOSLEM?? OR DO I LOOK LIKE I BELIEVE IN FAIRY TAILS AND MYTH

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by goingape: 11:01am On May 08, 2016
BiafranAmerican:

Yes especially my family. Thanks for asking, Mr. Born again Christian. The candidate of heaven.
why do you find it offensive when someone called you an APE but yet still proving we originated from APE undecided

your spirit is fighting that demonic theory.

gladly tell the world that your family have a genetic trace of APEs belonging to the gorilla species

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by robinsoncrosoe: 11:01am On May 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:
The answer is that the biblical account of human origins is glaringly false. The bible was written and compiled by people in ancient 1st century civilizations who had no way of knowing their true origins due to the absence of modern archaeological, biological & geographical knowledge, talk less of having any clue about DNA and genetics and how to trace lineages by studying sequencing data.

There is no possible way, genetically or geographically, for all humans to have originated from a single pair of humans located somewhere in the middle eastern territory 6,000 or so years ago. There are even manmade tools and relics found throughout the world that date back far older than the proposed creation of biblical Adam and Eve. Modern humans were preceded by a large population of pre-modern hominids (not a single pair), and the many races we see today are a result of over 100,000 years of migration, adaptation, and genetic diversion from Africa.
here is an intelligent lady.suprised a lady in nija can reason this way.

3 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Equado(m): 11:02am On May 08, 2016
Wealthgang:

U've said it all. Some people mistake the stories/metaphors in their holy books for actual literal history.
If anyone still believes that d earth/universe was created 6,000 ago by an angry, vengeful, war-loving Jewish 'God' and all humans descended from a pair of naked adults running around in a garden 6,000 yrs ago, then that person is just as ignorant as chickens are, about say calculus or quantum mechanics
well Ill correct u here, the Bible accounted that man has been here for 6000yrs not the earth, the earth is 4.3billionyrs old and even the Bible attest to that.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Revolva(m): 11:03am On May 08, 2016
I keep telllin people Adam and Eve were never the first pple on earth even the vatican had to confess about it

It's only the first people on earth based on the jewish stories of the bible
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by chaski: 11:04am On May 08, 2016
Adam and Eve left Paradise and began their life on earth.  God had prepared them in many ways.  He gave them the experience of struggling against the whisperings and schemes of Satan.  He taught Adam the names of everything and instructed him in its properties and usefulness.  Adam took up his position as caretaker of the earth and Prophet of God.

Adam, the first Prophet of God was responsible for teaching his wife and offspring how to worship God and seek His forgiveness.  Adam established the laws of God and set about trying to support his family and learning to subdue and care for the earth.  His task was to perpetuate, cultivate, construct and populate; he was to raise children who would live according to God’s instructions and care for and improve the earth.

Adam’s First Four Children

Adam and Eve’s first children, Cain and his sister, were twins,; Abel and his sister, another set of twins, soon followed.  Adam and his family lived in peace and harmony.  Cain ploughed the earth while Abel raised livestock.  Time passed and the occasion came for the sons of Adam to marry.  A group of the companions of Prophet Muhammad including Ibn Abbas and Ibn Masud related that inter-marriage of the male of one pregnancy with the female of another had been the practice among Adam’s children. Therefore we know that God’s plan to fill the earth included each of Adam’s sons marrying the twin sister of the other.

It seems that beauty has played a part in the attraction of men and women since the beginning.  Cain was not pleased with the partner chosen for him.  Cain began to envy his brother and refused to obey the command of his father and, in doing so, he disobeyed God.  God created man with both good and bad tendencies, and the struggle to over come our baser instincts is part of His test for us.

God commanded that each son was to offer a sacrifice.  His judgement would favour the son whose offer was the most acceptable.  Cain offered his worst grain, but Abel offered his best livestock.  God accepted Abel’s sacrifice, so Cain became enraged, threatening to kill his brother.

“And (O Muhammad) recite to them (the Jews) the story of the two sons of Adam (Abel and Cain) in truth; when each offered a sacrifice to God, it was accepted from the one but not from the other.  The latter said to the former; ‘I will surely kill you.’” (Quran 5:27)

Abel advised his brother that God would accept good deeds from those that fear and serve Him, but  reject the good deeds of those who are arrogant, selfish and disobedient towards God.

“The former said: ‘Verily God accepts only from those who are pious.  If you do stretch your hand against me to kill me I shall never stretch my hand against you to kill you, for I fear God; the Lord of mankind, jinn, and all that exists.’” (Quran 5:27-28)

The First Murder

“So the self  (base desires) of the other (latter one) encouraged him and made fair seeming to him the murder of his brother; he murdered him and became one of the losers.” (Quran 5:30)

Prophet Muhammad informed us that Cain became angry and hit his brother over the head with a piece of iron.  It was also said in another narration that Cain hit Abel over the head while he was sleeping.

“God sent a crow who scratched the ground to show him to hide the dead body of his brother.  He (the murderer) said: ‘Woe to me!

Am I not even able to be as this crow and to hide the dead body of my brother?’  Then he became one of those who regretted.” (Quran 5:31)

Adam was devastated; he had lost both his first and second born sons.  One had been murdered; the other was won over by mankind’s greatest enemy – Satan.  Patiently, Adam prayed for his son, and continued to care for the earth.  He taught his many children and grandchildren about God.  He told them of his own encounter with Satan and advised them to beware of Satan’s tricks and schemes.  Years and years passed, and  Adam grew old and his children spread out across the earth.

Adam’s Death

All of mankind are the children of Adam.  In one narration, the Prophet Muhammad informed us that God showed Adam his descendants.  Adam saw a beautiful light in Prophet David’s eyes and loved him, so he turned to God and said: “Oh God.  Give him forty years from my life.”  God granted Adam his request, and it was written down and sealed.

Adam’s life span was supposed to be 1000 years but after 960 years the Angel of death came to Adam.  Adam was surprised and said “but I still have 40 years to live”.  The angel of death reminded him of his gift of 40 years to his beloved descendant Prophet David, but  Adam denied it.  Many, many years later, the last Prophet Muhammad said: “Adam denied so the children of Adam deny, Adam forgot and his children forget; Adam made mistakes and his children make mistakes.” (At-Tirmidhi)

In Arabic the word for mankind is insan and it comes from the root word nisyan  to forget.  This is part of human nature, mankind forgets, and when we forget we deny and reject.  Adam forgot (he was not lying), and God forgave him.  Adam then submitted to the will of God and died.  The Angels descended and washed the body of Prophet Adam an odd number of times; they dug the grave and buried the body of the father of mankind, Adam.

Adam’s successor

Before his death Ad[color=#006600][/color]am reminded his children that God would never leave them alone or without guidance.  He told them God would send other Prophets with unique names, traits and miracles, but they would all call to the same thing – the worship of the One True God.  Adam appointed as his successor his son Seth.

5 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by jesuspikinjp(m): 11:04am On May 08, 2016
Splinz:
It's obvious you've not been reading your bible well. Now go back to Genesis and start all over. This time, read it very slowly and pay good attention.

you that have been reading his bible very well, would you kindly tell us what we don't know ? I have been waiting for ages to get an answer to this question.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by tigonana: 11:10am On May 08, 2016
I dey gbadun dis thread,mama ala abeg one more origin making three,meanwhile dat splinz I no see am again.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Nobody: 11:10am On May 08, 2016
SidL:
Hello My brother SidL cheesy,

I am very glad to read you smiley. I missed reading your posts. It is unfortunate the most knowledgeable people on Nairaland, are the one who posts the least. cry

Please you and Sarassin do us a favor and post more Frequently. Open topics and educate us.Even if there is no one, at least I will be there to read and air my views. I think it is your responsibility.

As for me, I am an ignoramus. I would have love to post more often, if I was somehow knowledgeable, even If I had 1/4 of you guys' abilities.

In the meantime, I wish you you guys nobleness and profound peace, even in the midst of the storm.

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by BiafranAmerican: 11:10am On May 08, 2016
goingape:
why do you find it offensive when someone called you an APE but yet still proving we originated from APE undecided

your spirit is fighting that demonic theory.

gladly tell the world that your family have a genetic trace of APEs belonging to the gorilla species
The story of creation according to the Bible is bull shiit. Adam ate a certain apple and realize he was naked ? was he blind before ? Cain killed Abel and then was killed by another man who is not Adam the remaining man in the garden. And this tree of good and evil has gone extinct. and i heard snake was punished to crawl and legs taken away from it as punishment for betraying Eve. what nonsense, sounds like a reptile lost its legs. when was the last time a snake even communicate in himan language and if not how did snake interact with Eve.

And again...why did your God create black and white only...e supposed to create green humans too. Belief is not something worth mental investment. knowledge beats belief any day.

4 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by meeky007(m): 11:10am On May 08, 2016
[quote author=JMAN05 post=45417739]

The bible beneficial for teaching, for reproving etc 2tim 3:16. The bible has a purpose for its writing. The purpose is not to document every bit of history(no book can claim that even historical books), but to lead us to the knowledge of God and to the sanctification of His name.

The story of Cain and Abel was to teach us what envy does. It was written for instruction, not that they were the only children of Adam at the time.SIMPLE. HE WHO HAVE EAR LET HIM HEAR WITH IT.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Nobody: 11:11am On May 08, 2016
Lilith was Adam’s first wife. In Genesis 1:27, God creates man and woman simultaneously from the earth. In Genesis 2:7, however, Adam is created by himself from the earth; Eve is produced later, from Adam’s rib (Genesis 2:21–22). In Jewish legend, the name Lilith was attached to the woman who was created at the same time as Adam.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Ifebazz(m): 11:14am On May 08, 2016
Sirnose:
Hello peeps!..good evening
There has been a nagging question i have asking,but have'nt gotten an answer.
The question is,if God only created Adam and Eve,and they in turn begat Caine and Abel,who begot every other person on earth as at then.we are told that after God cast Caine out of His presence,he became a wanderer and eventually got a wife and married her(Gen.5 vs 17).
Where did this wife of Caine come from?
Did God created other people after Adam and Eve?
Why was it not recorded in d Bible?
Is the compilation of the Bible even complete?
Somebody asked a similar question last week or thereabouts, I gave him just one simple answer. Jesus was human, right? Flesh and blood. Meaning he ate and drank like we do. After eating and drinking what next, you defecate right? Was there any record of Jesus using a toilet in the same Bible? I bet you know the answer to that.
So my dear child, if you seek to see EVERY THING spelt out in the Bible, the your God given brain is being wasted. FILL IN THE BLANK SPACES!!
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Nobody: 11:15am On May 08, 2016
Splinz:
It's obvious you've not been reading your bible well. Now go back to Genesis and start all over. This time, read it very slowly and pay good attention.
What nonsense is this one saying?

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by horlumiday(m): 11:16am On May 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Just listen to ya self .. Comparing your own understanding with God...He created the universe, so what makes you think HE CAN'T POPULATE THE EARTH..... ISAIAH 55 VS 8 - 9... “ For my thoughts [are] not your
thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the
LORD. For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts
than your thoughts... Believin evolution...... Believing life is an accident... . "Every design requires a designer"
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Cboyflald(m): 11:17am On May 08, 2016
The lord God created only adam and form eve from him. Eve begot both sons and daughters. So cain married From his sisters. The culture went on until God decided to. Put an end to dat culture read gen4,5and6 den u understand more.abraham also married from his family. Dat means we are all family
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by goingape: 11:17am On May 08, 2016
BiafranAmerican:
The story of creation according to the Bible is bull shiit. Adam ate a certain apple and realize he was naked ? was he blind before ? Cain killed Abel and then was killed by another man who is not Adam the remaining man in the garden. And this tree of good and evil has gone extinct. and i heard snake was punished to crawl and legs taken away from it as punishment for betraying Eve. what nonsense, sounds like a reptile lost its legs. when was the last time a snake even communicate in himan language and if not how did snake interact with Eve.

And again...why did your God create black and white only...e supposed to create green humans too. Belief is not something worth mental investment. knowledge beats belief any day.
if someone didn't understand something he will classifier that stuff as RUBBISH.

it may look RUBBISH to you because you don't understand it.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by tunaguy(m): 11:19am On May 08, 2016
See my own question lets assume adam was black and eve was white or both are white where did other races like asain come from abi adam and eve get party partner ni just saying oo grin.... All bashes are highly welcomed

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by khadaffi(m): 11:20am On May 08, 2016
nnadychuks:
In the old testament the bible didn't take record of women,the decendants talked about males.. Since it was regarded that woman came from man

Hahaha cheesy I swear this your comment cracked me up. In the book of Genesis, Moses made it very clear that the only woman existing then was Eve. He even explained how she was created. If there were others we would have been told.

You know what I think......
Never mind, today is Sunday you might not like my answer
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Nobody: 11:20am On May 08, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

Don't come with that, don't even try it.

Adam and Eve gave birth to Cain and Abel but Cain killed Abel. God put a mark on him so that people of the world would not kill him. Genesis 4;14-15

Who are those people?

This universe is over 13billion years old. No record is accurate anymore.

I hope you don't believe in all those nonsense Fairytale and stories in that book...
That book is definitely not the word of GOD.
It's the word of the people of that generation. They only used their knowledge...
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by horlumiday(m): 11:24am On May 08, 2016
bulldoza:

I hope you don't believe in all those nonsense Fairytale and stories in that book...
That book is definitely not the word of GOD.
It's the word of the people of that generation. They only used their knowledge...

I would rather live my life as if there is a
God and die to find out there isn't, than
live as if there isn't and to die to find out
that there is.
Albert Camus

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by icybeth(m): 11:24am On May 08, 2016
others came from Cain and his sisters and so on.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by BiafranAmerican: 11:25am On May 08, 2016
goingape:
if someone didn't understand something he will classifier that stuff as RUBBISH.

it may look RUBBISH to you because you don't understand it.
Yea right? They say you got to die before you go to Hell fire but what you dont ask is if fire can burn spirit, cos thats what you are after your physical body dies.

And they tell you ..that heaven is real and you will go there and yet you dont ask which planet heaven is. You nees to ask the latitude and longitude or even gprs cordinates so i can plan with Elon Musk's SpaceX to ferry my G-wagon there. I cant just function in heaven...without driving my lovel Mercedes on the Streets of heaven.

Think, you are human not a goat.

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by xtervaganza(m): 11:25am On May 08, 2016
weyabblog:
read genesis 5:4 na haba
I know much more about your bible than you and I know it's all lies
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by sinceraconcept(m): 11:26am On May 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:

I've always wondered about this too. Pls shed more light on it. I've always wondered if other living organisms also had their Adams and Eve to multiply into different species too just like humans
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Nobody: 11:27am On May 08, 2016
onosprince:
After the snake banged eve, adam caught them and they had a threeeeesome, eve gave birth to cane and abel and the snake gave birth to 3 beautiful daughters and cain married the first daughter of the snake. grin
Exactly grin
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by nnadychuks(m): 11:28am On May 08, 2016
sample042:

DEAR, don't tell me Dat d Bible God who I was raised to revere as an omniscient is a MISOGYNIST

U should do better than the above Bro... Try harder
my brother read genesis chapter5:1-2 you'll see that God created females and also named them Adam
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by nnadychuks(m): 11:30am On May 08, 2016
khadaffi:

Hahaha cheesy I swear this your comment cracked me up. In the book of Genesis, Moses made it very clear that the only woman existing then was Eve. He even explained how she was created. If there were others we would have been told.

You know what I think......
Never mind, today is Sunday you might not like my answer
stop cracking,read genesis 5:1-2
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by goingape: 11:32am On May 08, 2016
BiafranAmerican:
Yea right? They say you got to die before you go to Hell fire but what you dont ask is if fire can burn spirit, cos thats what you are after your physical body dies.

And they tell you ..that heaven is real and you will go there and yet you dont ask which planet heaven is. You nees to ask the latitude and longitude or even gprs cordinates so i can plan with Elon Musk's SpaceX to ferry my G-wagon there. I cant just function in heaven...without driving my lovel Mercedes on the Streets of heaven.

Think, you are human not a goat.
you got what you want to believe:

your ideology your problem
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by horlumiday(m): 11:32am On May 08, 2016
In other for atheists to ease up his fear , he had to determine if Christianity is false or not , that is why they attack christians soo much even dough islam has cause more chaos. So to my atheists friends If you fear death, yet believe that God does not exist, then you are being irrational.. Just let go of your pride....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan / 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say / ''anybody Putting On 'attachment' Is Putting On Snake In The Realm Of Darkness''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.