Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About (42247 Views)

What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) / D / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by billyG(m): 2:57pm On May 08, 2016
Sirnose:
Hello peeps!..good evening
There has been a nagging question i have asking,but have'nt gotten an answer.
The question is,if God only created Adam and Eve,and they in turn begat Caine and Abel,who begot every other person on earth as at then.we are told that after God cast Caine out of His presence,he became a wanderer and eventually got a wife and married her(Gen.5 vs 17).
Where did this wife of Caine come from?
Did God created other people after Adam and Eve?
Why was it not recorded in d Bible?
Is the compilation of the Bible even complete?
D others are Apes cain marries a female Ape.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by OgundeleT(m): 2:58pm On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Lets hear the contradictions.
you claimed bible don't give account of the females in the beginning? and you proceeded by claiming that Cain married his sister? now what am saying is that there is a contradiction to that in the book of Leviticus that said " The unclothedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their unclothedness thou shalt not uncover."
Leviticus:18:9
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by montezz(f): 2:58pm On May 08, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Babe religion and evolution theories won't kill me, me i just want to work, live, have fun, be happy and yes know the truth about how i got here and what happens when we die but all these is giving me a headache already..
I have freed myself from the shackles of religion long time ago. Evolutionary theories is more reasonable than to believe in one was a product of divinely approved incest.
If incest wasn't a taboo,why make it a taboo nw sinx they are all a product of d abominable act.

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by montezz(f): 3:00pm On May 08, 2016
billyG:

D others are Apes cain marries a female Ape.
Lobatan!

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Splinz(m): 3:03pm On May 08, 2016
OgundeleT:

you claimed bible don't give account of the females in the beginning? and you proceeded by claiming that Cain married his sister? now what am saying is that there is a contradiction to that in the book of Leviticus that said " The unclothedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their unclothedness thou shalt not uncover."
Leviticus:18:9
Sorry sir, I think there's a mixed up somewhere. I never make any of those claims. Please cross-checked my submissions. Thanks
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by 3rdlegxxx(m): 3:05pm On May 08, 2016
montezz:

I have freed myself from the shackles of religion long time ago. Evolutionary theories is more reasonable than to believe in one was a product of divinely approved incest.
If incest wasn't a taboo,why make it a taboo nw sinx they are all a product of d abominable act.

well said, religion is a strong bond, i made a theory some years ago that stated that 'religion is arguably the best or worst thing that ever happen to man' cos out of it comes strong belief to kill, murder, be suicidal and also out of comes moral codes, a moral way to live and die but also out of it comes belief too strong that can rub one of his life, for if you believe in a thing, you could do anything like the Islam extremist do and the old Christians did, killing for the sake of religion, then incest was ok but later on not ok, so much to learn from, so much to believe and so much to be brain washed with..
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by billyG(m): 3:10pm On May 08, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters too....and Cain may have married one of his sisters.

Add the fact that due to the very long lifespans Adam and Eve could have had lots of children....who could ahve had lots of children over time(Adam died at 930 years of age).

At any rate.....that is not the most important question in the Bible....
Hmmm!a human beans live 930yrs na stone?if tell u say ma grand father live for 500yrs u go say Lai(r).

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by ssonn: 3:12pm On May 08, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

Don't come with that, don't even try it.

Adam and Eve gave birth to Cain and Abel but Cain killed Abel. God put a mark on him so that people of the world would not kill him. Genesis 4;14-15

Who are those people?

This universe is over 13billion years old. No record is accurate anymore.

people that are yet to be born if you were born today you grow up and discover God placed a mark on your elder bro cos he kill his imidiate younger bro then in the bid to achieve righteousness you kill him.
Bible said and eve born unto Adam more children (male and female ) but male was singled out and his name was Seth and he was righteous. like Abel .
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by montezz(f): 3:13pm On May 08, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

well said, religion is a strong bond, i made a theory some years ago that stated that 'religion is arguably the best or worst thing that ever happen to man' cos out of it comes strong belief to kill, murder, be suicidal and also out of comes moral codes, a moral way to live and die but also out of it comes belief too strong that can rub one of his life, for if you believe in a thing, you could do anything like the Islam extremist do and the old Christians did, killing for the sake of religion, then incest was ok but later on not ok, so much to learn from, so much to believe and so much to be brain washed with..
Mr. Ancient ape abi goingape see your life. See as pesin wey get brain dey answer question.
Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by lomprico(m): 3:18pm On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Okay. But, you do no one any good by concealing your superior answers at a time it is needed most.
i have given it out before but people called it blasphemous n heresy! funny thing is that its in genesis chapter 1&2.

i will break it down wen i get to my system.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Chomzy19(f): 3:19pm On May 08, 2016
@Op if you are serious about your question n not just some atheist looking to pick holes i will direct you to the bible.
In Gen 1:26-28 God created human beings on the sixth day. In Gen 2:7-8 God created Adam. The first Man in the lineage of God's Choosen people, the Jews.
Of course by the death of Jesus christ we all are part of the choosen now.

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by xtervaganza(m): 3:22pm On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Your scoffing is noted, sir.
says the mumu who believed in a talking donkey grin grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by cloudgoddess(f): 3:22pm On May 08, 2016
robinsoncrosoe:
here is an intelligent lady.suprised a lady in nija can reason this way.
Thank you very much kiss Though to be fully honest I have been studying in America for some time now.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by goingape: 3:24pm On May 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:

This isn't how evolution works, you are ignorant on what the process entails. Please read the explanation I posted about ten posts above.
you are the IGNORANT one
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by 2weeks(m): 3:24pm On May 08, 2016
if everybody can agree to the fact that the Bible is not completely accurate, then I might as well say that our origin as written in the Bible is not true. mankind's origin is still a mystery
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by adegbapsalm: 3:28pm On May 08, 2016
you might not believe my ans but is true.d spirit of God reveal d ans to us tru my pastor.cain and abel both av twin sisters,though d bible didn't tell us they are twins.but d spirit of God reveal it it to us.the name of their twin sisters are lulua but i dnt av d name of d second wife in ma brain but i will update it immediately i check my note.and d both of them got married to their sisters.after abel was killed,the wife of abel got married to seth.the wife is older than seth.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by goingape: 3:28pm On May 08, 2016
montezz:

Mr. Ancient ape abi goingape see your life. See as pesin wey get brain dey answer question.
Thanks dear.
ape
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by xager(m): 3:30pm On May 08, 2016
Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he THEM.

Meanwhile, in chapter 2, he created Eve.

Gen 2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Splinz(m): 3:31pm On May 08, 2016
xtervaganza:
says the mumu who believed in a talking donkey grin grin grin cheesy grin
Thanks

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Bgorgeous: 3:31pm On May 08, 2016
JMAN05:

The bible beneficial for teaching, for reproving etc 2tim 3:16. The bible has a purpose for its writing. The purpose is not to document every bit of history(no book can claim that even historical books), but to lead us to the knowledge of God and to the sanctification of His name.

The story of Cain and Abel was to teach us what envy does. It was written for instruction, not that they were the only children of Adam at the time. If God does not feel that a knowledge will be helpful for our teaching, he won't include the account in His word. I want u to understand what the bible is.

2. Did God create other humans after Adam and Eve or before? the bible's answer is no.

It was only Eve that gave birth to other humans who populated the earth. Gen 3:20.

Did she and Adam give birth to only males? No, read gen 5:4.

It is logical then to conclude that Eve gave birth to other humans not mentioned in the bible, including females. Why is this reasonable?

- Adam was 130 yrs before giving birth to Seth. Gen 5:3. Now 129 years is enough to give birth to many and even enough time for ur offspring to produce there own children.

- The words of Cain and Gods action at gen 4: 14-15 as to who might kill Cain, suggests that some families have sprang up and migrated to other locations. Cain may have married any of his female relatives.

The story of Cain became prominent no doubt cos of the lessons to be learned from it. Perhaps the accounts of Adam's other sons and daughters never had something of significance.
l am satisfied

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by billyG(m): 3:32pm On May 08, 2016
D Genesis acct of d creation of man is an allegory,there is no 1 man or woman called Adam & Eve,the word Adam is collective noun for all human male while d word Eve represents all female human spp on Earth.and they are many.

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by odapey(m): 3:35pm On May 08, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters too....and Cain may have married one of his sisters.

Add the fact that due to the very long lifespans Adam and Eve could have had lots of children....who could ahve had lots of children over time(Adam died at 930 years of age).

At any rate.....that is not the most important question in the Bible....

u are wrong. According 2 d bible, Cain had had child b4 Seth was born.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by hahn(m): 3:35pm On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Sorry sir, I think there's a mixed up somewhere. I never make any of those claims. Please cross-checked my submissions. Thanks

Splinz:

Okay, lets reason together. You see, it is not everything that's recorded in the bible, i.e, the day to day activities of bible's characters. This style of writing is not only common in the bible, but also in the literatures of the world. Why? Here, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were EVERY ONE of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written"- John 21:25. That's it! If the world itself cannot contain just Jesus ministry alone, how much more detailing every thing about creation? that means bible is not a reliable source when it comes to creation

Now, the point I'm trying to make is this. In Genesis 4:1, Cain is born. The very next verse, Abel is born too. The point: after Cain was born, definitely, a lot of time has passed before Abel was born! Also note that it is in verse 1 that Adam knew his wife, and it is still in that verse that she bare Cain. So at least you should know that nine months has passed since Adam knew his wife before she bare Cain!

Coming down to verse 14, certainly, a lot of years has passed before Cain slew his brother, judging from the fact that one was a farmer and the other, a shepherd. That means they were adults who could take responsibilities!

So, it is very much possible and likely that at this stage of their lives, their parents may have already produce other children in order to be "fruitful and multiply". I hope this helps?

@ bolded
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by robinsoncrosoe: 3:42pm On May 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Thank you very much kiss Though to be fully honest I have been studying in America for some time now.
explains a lot.u reason differently from d ones I see here.pls help me plead with 3rdlegxxx to get off my neck
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by menxer: 3:46pm On May 08, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

You said I should download PDF of Earth Chronicles like I'm looking for the lost epod.. Nobody is talking about gap, as small as the bible is, the world most popular book is meticulous about details. Take it or leave it Genesis is written by Moses in introspection. The commandment was given by God directly but the remaining parts, I know you know better. We can say (as a Christian) God opened his as to the past.

If he copied the his authorship is questionable, as you know he is not the only writer anyway

You are very sure of that?

What you say is like saying the Nigerian constitution of 1999 was the first and original constitution.

Before the coming of Moses there were civilizations, religion, trade, governments, etc, to say he wrote Genesis without reference to existing historical records of his time sounds brainwashed.

there are so many details unaccounted for in the bible, so forget that meticulous bit.

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by tosinjay(m): 3:47pm On May 08, 2016
Sirnose:
The question is,if God only created Adam and Eve,and they in turn begat Caine and Abel,who begot every other person on earth as at then.we are told that after God cast Caine out of His presence,he became a wanderer and eventually got a wife and married her(Gen.5 vs 17).
Not difficult to answer, oya read Genesis again. It's there that they also gave birth to other sons and daughters.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by christisreal: 4:04pm On May 08, 2016
The things of the spirit are foolishness to the carnal mind because they are spiritual discerned.If you anchor your heart on the fact that any biblical account of an explaination to a question is foolishness then it truly defines who you are.
The word of God is perfect and faultless but a veil lies in the heart of those who read it without the Holyspirit.

1 Like

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by odapey(m): 4:07pm On May 08, 2016
Sirnose:

Op, add this to ur post.
Gen. 4:1-2
1. And Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said I have gotten a man from re Lord.
2. And she again bares his brother Abel. And was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
CAIN KILL ABEL
Gen. 4:8
And Cain talked with Abel his brother, and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him

GOD OUTCAST CAIN
Gen. 4:16-17
16. And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
17. And Cain KNEW his (UNKNOWN) wife, and she conceived, and bare Enoch, and he built a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

ADAM KNEW HIS WIFE AGAIN
And Adam KNEW his wife again, And she bore a son, and call his name Seth, For God, said she, has appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew
N.B(EVE gave birth to Seth after Cain gave birth to Enoch)

ADAM GET DAUGHTERS
Gen. 5:4
And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years, and he begat sons and daughters

N.B( Cain had begat a son (Enoch) by his (UNKNOWN) wife even before Adam begat Seth( who is even a male) b4 Adam had daughters.) enoch who is the first child of Cain is older than Seth who is the third child of Adam.

NOW,
WHERE DID CAIN GET HIS WIFE??

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by zsch: 4:12pm On May 08, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

Don't come with that, don't even try it.

Adam and Eve gave birth to Cain and Abel but Cain killed Abel. God put a mark on him so that people of the world would not kill him. Genesis 4;14-15

Who are those people?

This universe is over 13billion years old. No record is accurate anymore.

A particular minor sect believe that Cain walks the earth till this day and is unable to die because of that mark. His eternal punishment.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by drolapet(m): 4:16pm On May 08, 2016
The answers are found in the book of NOD... it was nt recorded in d bible... but it d book of NOD
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by youngest85(m): 4:20pm On May 08, 2016
nnadychuks:
In the old testament the bible didn't take record of women,the decendants talked about males.. Since it was regarded that woman came from man
really? But d bible took records of eve ryt?
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Paulpaulpaul(m): 4:22pm On May 08, 2016
ssonn:
people that are yet to be born if you were born today you grow up and discover God placed a mark on your elder bro cos he kill his imidiate younger bro then in the bid to achieve righteousness you kill him.
Bible said and eve born unto Adam more children (male and female ) but male was singled out and his name was Seth and he was righteous. like Abel .

You're twisting it, he didn't say my siblings or your offsprings rather people of the world.

There were some people or Alexander, Eustathus and Macarius did great harm to humanity by doctoring the history

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

''anybody Putting On 'attachment' Is Putting On Snake In The Realm Of Darkness'' / Nigerian Who Went to Heaven Shares Experience / Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.