Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9179742 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:58am On Feb 12, 2017
ABMC:

Which of these should I download. Recovery or Fast boot download. Pardon me please, I'm still a novice and being careful not to brick my phone.
the fastboot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lambotee(m): 12:09pm On Feb 12, 2017
rookidmart:

Add like $10 more (3k or so) and get Kate.
That's the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime Special Soe Edition.
It supports all LTE bands in Nigeria currently.
please do u know the link or a seller that i can buy REDmi note 3 SE from Aliexpess
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2017
lambotee:

please do u know the link or a seller that i can buy REDmi note 3 SE from Aliexpess
Xiaomi Online Store
Eternal Team
Dreami (if they have)

Just check the reviews.
Only buy from sellers with at least 4 stars and up or 94% feedback to be on the safe side.

Happy Buying
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2017
lambotee:

with dreami and eternal team, mostly positive remarks by buyers bt dreami does not have redmi note 3 SE in stock again, ya choice z btw eternal team n xiaomi online store...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lambotee(m): 12:47pm On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:
with dreami and eternal team, mostly positive remarks by buyers bt dreami does not have redmi note 3 SE in stock again, ya choice z btw eternal team n xiaomi online store...
the only version i saw on Xiaomi online store is 3gig with 32gig rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 12:49pm On Feb 12, 2017
lambotee:

the only version i saw on Xiaomi online store is 3gig with 32gig rom
yeah, d redmi note 3 special edition available on aliexpress is dt same version 3gb ram, 32 gb rom......gold n gray color option

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:11pm On Feb 12, 2017
ABMC:

Which of these should I download. Recovery or Fast boot download. Pardon me please, I'm still a novice and being careful not to brick my phone.

Always download your rom from miui website.

Please those with redmi 4 prime who used recovery rom to update their vendor rom to official rom should please guide him.

Cc dam5reey and others
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

Always download your rom from miui website.

Please those with redmi 4 prime who used recovery rom to update their vendor rom to official rom should please guide him.

Cc dam5reey

Its simple...
Download the official ROM here

http://en.miui.com/download-320.html

Follow the steps
http://en.miui.com/a-232.html

Hint
Simply download to internal memory root folder or create new folder downloaded_rom
Connect your phone to Wi-Fi...
Open the updater app, locate the file location then upgrade

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:27pm On Feb 12, 2017
Dam5reey:

Its simple...

Follow the steps

Hint
Simply download to internal memory root folder or create new folder downloaded_rom

Shebi he has the same vendor rom version you had abi? Thanks oga.

Cc ABMC download the recovery rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 1:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

Shebi he has the same vendor rom version you had abi? Thanks oga.

Cc ABMC download the recovery rom

Yeah same thing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
Dam5reey:

Yeah same thing

Ok thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 3:39pm On Feb 12, 2017
sapienman:

Did the person use GT or Access bank cards?
Were they old accounts?
Gtb
Yes old accounts
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eraly(m): 3:44pm On Feb 12, 2017
Gptech:

Not luck bro, I think it depends on how active you are on aliexpress and your rank. Have only been declined once and even when I appealed, it was declined because I uploaded a temporary national ID card. I just left the account like a month and since then, I have never been declined. Have used 3 different cards that are not mine same day more then once, I can even try with your own card now sef grin

So are u saying if ur appeal on an account is declined, one should leave d account domant for like a month n try using d account again? Cos to d best of my knowlege, if an account has not been cleared as regards appeal, it cnt be funded or purchase anytin directly with an atm card.

Pls kindly explain
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 3:45pm On Feb 12, 2017
eraly:

So are u saying if ur appeal on an account is declined, one should leave d account domant for like a month n try using d account again? Cos to d best of my knowlege, if an account has not been cleared as regards appeal, it cnt be funded or purchase anytin directly with an atm card.

Pls kindly explain
If you leave the account dormant for sometime you won't have to appeal.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABMC(m): 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
Dam5reey:

Its simple...

Follow the steps

Hint

The first screenshotis my current firmware, I'm about to upgrade to 8.1.2.0 but this is what I got from the second screenshot. Should I go ahead?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:08pm On Feb 12, 2017
ABMC:

The first screenshotis my current firmware, I'm about to upgrade to 8.1.2.0 but this is what I got from the second screenshot. Should I go ahead?

Yes but make sure you back up your data.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:11pm On Feb 12, 2017
eraly:

Pls kindly explain
In my own case, I appealed but my appeal was not accepted.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eraly(m): 4:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
Gptech:

In my own case, I appealed but my appeal was not accepted.

And then after a month, u were able to purchase/fund d account wallet abi??

Y am asking is because I av a friend dat his appeal has not been replied going to 3weeks now and he has $100 in his alipocket walllet which he wanna use to buy mi max
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:45pm On Feb 12, 2017
eraly:

And then after a month, u were able to purchase/fund d account wallet abi??

Y am asking is because I av a friend dat his appeal has not been replied going to 3weeks now and he has $100 in his alipocket walllet which he wanna use to buy mi max
Let me breakdown what happened, I was able to fund $70 before asked to make an appeal. I uploaded all document and my national ID was not accepted because it was the temporary, that made them reject my appeal. I didn't want my money to remain there, I just bought some items with the $70. After some time, less than a month, I decided to try again and was able to fund my alipocket with $100, since then no more issues with funding my alipocket.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABMC(m): 6:13pm On Feb 12, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Yes but make sure you back up your data.

Thanks. I have updated successfully. RESPECT TO ALL

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
ABMC:

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 6:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
ABMC:

nice one...remember to alwys ff d same exact process if u wanna update ya fone later

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by choix007(m): 6:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
Has any 1 here successfully upgraded note 4 mtk to miui v 8.1.2...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:19pm On Feb 12, 2017
[quote author=gidieberry post=53651558] nice one...remember to alwys ff d same exact process if u wanna update ya fone later[/quote

Get is on global stable Rom now so he can update OTA now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 7:22pm On Feb 12, 2017
[quote author=fibonacci2526 post=53652828][/quote] yeah i know, since OTA n recovery rom are same size i guess its better to download it offline becauz of dis own yeye nt too constant service provider, and one has to be careful with OTA cauz if u are on global stable, n dere is an important beta testing you can install d beta update by mistake thru OTA n d only way of moving from beta to stable is through fastboot update method
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by choix007(m): 7:38pm On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:
yeah i know, since OTA n recovery rom are same size i guess its better to download it offline becauz of dis own yeye nt too constant service provider, and one has to be careful with OTA cauz if u are on global stable, n dere is an important beta testing you can install d beta update by mistake thru OTA n d only way of moving from beta to stable is through fastboot update method

Pls guide me, wanna upgrade mine to 8.1.2....i am on 8.0.3 stable note 4 mtk
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 7:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
ABMC:

No APN settings available for the SIM 2 slot. I guess it's from the software.

It's because you've made your default internet to sim 1, that's why you so not have Apn setting for sim 2.

Once you change your internet to SIM 2, Apn setting will appear on SIM 2
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:
yeah i know, since OTA n recovery rom are same size i guess its better to download it offline becauz of dis own yeye nt too constant service provider, and one has to be careful with OTA cauz if u are on global stable, n dere is an important beta testing you can install d beta update by mistake thru OTA n d only way of moving from beta to stable is through fastboot update method

Don't confuse beta stable with developer rom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2017
choix007:

Pls guide me, wanna upgrade mine to 8.1.2....i am on 8.0.3 stable note 4 mtk
bro, according xiaomi official rom, d latest global stable is 8.0.4.0, d latest china stable rom is 8.1.10.0......
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

Don't confuse beta stable with developer rom.

wait bros, beta roms are also developer roms, we av eida china beta or china dev rom and global beta or global dev rom, dere is nothin like beta stable roms
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by proffnico(m): 7:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:
bro, according xiaomi official rom, d latest global stable is 8.0.4.0, d latest china stable rom is 8.1.10.0......
what about this?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:
wait bros, beta roms are also developer roms, we av eida china beta or china dev rom and global beta or global dev rom, dere is nothin like beta stable roms

No sir.

If you are on global rom, it's either you receive a global stable update pushed to the general public or you receive a beta stable update pushed to some random users. You can't be on global rom and receive update for developer rom. That's why I highlighted the bolded in the previous post

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.