Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9179347 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 7:58pm On Feb 12, 2017
proffnico:
what about this?
lols, this could be one buggy updates that was actually removes by xiaomi dev team, xiaomi do release updates n remove it aftwr a while if the community feedback is not impressive despite the fact dt it is an official stable update, check official xiaomi download page u wunt c dt version has the latest version, the latest on dia site for global rom is v8.0.4.0
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 8:03pm On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

No sir.

If you are on global rom, it's either you receive a global stable update pushed to the general public or you receive a beta stable update pushed to some random users. You can't be on global rom and receive update for developer rom. That's why I highlighted the bonded in the previous post
here is the analysis, the rom had been in beta testing for a while, this is a typical example for you, presently nougat is available for xiaomi mi5 bt available thru global dev rom n china dwv rom, that mean they are in beta testing, the moment community feedback is impressive, xiaomi will now announce a global rom based on d beta testing, that is exactly wt happened in that screenshot...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by proffnico(m): 8:04pm On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:
lols, this could be one buggy updates that was actually removes by xiaomi dev team, xiaomi do release updates n remove it aftwr a while if the community feedback is not impressive despite the fact dt it is an official stable update, check official xiaomi download page u wunt c dt version has the latest version, the latest on dia site for global rom is v8.0.4.0
I've been on this rom for like 2 weeks nw.. Seems to be very stable bt the heat though..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by proffnico(m): 8:04pm On Feb 12, 2017
Let me quickly go check the 8.0.4.0 version..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 8:06pm On Feb 12, 2017
ABMC:

Thanks. I have updated successfully. RESPECT TO ALL

Congratulations grin Enjoy ya device...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 8:07pm On Feb 12, 2017
proffnico:
I've been on this rom for like 2 weeks nw.. Seems to be very stable bt the heat though..
here is a screwnshot i took few mins ago

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:12pm On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:
here is the analysis, the rom had been in beta testing for a while, this is a typical example for you, presently nougat is available for xiaomi mi5 bt available thru global dev rom n china dwv rom, that mean they are in beta testing, the moment community feedback is impressive, xiaomi will now announce a global rom based on d beta testing, that is exactly wt happened in that screenshot...

You are saying something else entirely. Before a global stable rom is released to the general public, it is first pushed to random users a week before the full release. This has nothing to do with developer rom. This update is based on marshmallow. After you update, the rom changes to global stable

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 8:14pm On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

You are saying something else entirely. Before a global stable rom is released to the general public, it is first pushed to random users a week before the full release. This has nothing to do with developer rom. This update is based on marshmallow. After you update, the rom changes to global stable
i av heard yu brother....no need for fuda argument
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:17pm On Feb 12, 2017
proffnico:
Let me quickly go check the 8.0.4.0 version..

Oga every device has its unique miui version code. The latest update for your device is 8.1.1.0. But 8.1.3.0 was pushed to random users last week, so expect an update this week through OTA or you manually download it when it becomes available

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:18pm On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:

It was never an argument.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 8:18pm On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:

Please clarify the phone you are referring to seems you are talking about redmi note 4 Mtk

While Grandmufti is talking about note 3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by proffnico(m): 8:21pm On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:
here is a screwnshot i took few mins ago
I guess the update is not for note 3 SE .. I am running the latest global update for SE.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by proffnico(m): 8:25pm On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

Oga every device has its unique miui version code. The latest update for your device is 8.1.1.0. But 8.1.3.0 was pushed to random users last week, so expect an update this week through OTA or you manually download it when it becomes available
I don check am jare . Thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 8:27pm On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

guy, check xiaomi redmi note 4 miui ofdicial forum, version 8.0.4.0 is the latest global stable rom for redmi note 4 mtk version, v8.1.10.0 cud had been released b4, i dnt knw, bt it was recalled...... for a while now, xiaomi mi5 stable roms had been buggy, lotta stable roms actually had been pull off from the download page bcz of bad feedbacks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 8:29pm On Feb 12, 2017
proffnico:
I don check am jare . Thank you.
n wetin u c, version 8.1.10.0 is for china stable rom mtk version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:
guy, check xiaomi redmi note 4 miui ofdicial forum, version 8.0.4.0 is the latest global stable rom for redmi note 4 mtk version, v8.1.10.0 cud had been released b4, i dnt knw, bt it was recalled...... for a while now, xiaomi mi5 stable roms had been buggy, lotta stable roms actually had been pull off from the download page bcz of bad feedbacks

Actually I was referring to his rn3 Kate. I don't own a note 4 so I'm not abreast with their latest rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 8:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
proffnico:
I guess the update is not for note 3 SE .. I am running the latest global update for SE.
chisos, d guy dt original ask the queztion, @choix007, his device was redmi note 4 mtk, n i reploed him by saying latest veraion for dt was 8.0.40 for global n 8.1.10.0 for china stable....y u come dey post screenshot of ya fone, wen u re using redmi note 3 SE
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 8:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

Actually I was referring to his rn3 Kate. I don't own a note 4 so I'm not abreast with their latest rom
yeah, it waa proffnico dt actually make d mistake.....one luv bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by proffnico(m): 8:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:
chisos, d guy dt original ask the queztion, @choix007, his device was redmi note 4 mtk, n i reploed him by saying latest veraion for dt was 8.0.40 for global n 8.1.10.0 for china stable....y u come dey post screenshot of ya fone, wen u re using redmi note 3 SE
Guy sorry o.. I tot the update was meant for all xiaomi users ni. No vex abeg.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by proffnico(m): 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:
yeah, it waa proffnico dt actually make d mistake.....one luv bro
Actually it wasn't a mistake..Didn't know the version isn't out yet for RN3se.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 8:45pm On Feb 12, 2017
proffnico:

cheesy Thought as much...
Every model has its own miui version... We are learning cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 8:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
proffnico:
lol, its okay....xiaomi z actually a wide ecosystem.....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by choix007(m): 8:54pm On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:

I guess they recalled v8.1.2 because I downloaded it but refused to update via updater...

miui_HMNote4Global_V8.1.2.0.MBFMIDI_f2eef61d5a_6.0.zip
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2017
choix007:

I guess they recalled v8.1.2 because I downloaded it but refused to update via updater...

miui_HMNote4Global_V8.1.2.0.MBFMIDI_f2eef61d5a_6.0.zip
download v8.0.40 n try to update it via recovery method. cauz dt is d latest version for ya fone as at present, bt try to read other miui users opinion about the update for any bugs or mishaps.....
a friend of mine using xiaomi mi5 z actually an update junkie, bt for d past global stable roms he had used for a while now, lotta features dt was smooth on miui 7 z a diffwent saga on miui 8, some updates break n mare user experience more than anything, n d guy refuse to root his fone, xiaomi eu roms are actually usable n far stable for now, for mi5 sa
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akinis09: 9:16pm On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

No sir.

If you are on global rom, it's either you receive a global stable update pushed to the general public or you receive a beta stable update pushed to some random users. You can't be on global rom and receive update for developer rom. That's why I highlighted the bolded in the previous post
u are right grandmufti. Every xiaomi device has a beta tester. This beta testers are people who wish to take some risk by installing none tested ROM on their device and gives feedback regarding the pros and cons of either global stable or Chinese stable ROM b4 hitting the general public tru ota. One of the greatest advantage of being a beta tester is that u get to enjoy latest update (as in OS update) b4 anybody, though during this testing time u are expected to give feedback regarding d pros and cons of d update b4 it get release to the general public but it come with a price(soft brick). beta tester is open to all once u possess all their requirement (medals, ur positive contributions, etc)

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:25pm On Feb 12, 2017
Didn't know there is an ultimate power saving mode, stumbled on it by mistake by triple tapping the power saving mode on.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
akinis09:
u are right grandmufti. Every xiaomi device has a beta tester. This beta testers are people who wish to take some risk by installing none tested ROM on their device and gives feedback regarding the pros and cons of either global stable or Chinese stable ROM b4 hitting the general public tru ota. One of the greatest advantage of being a beta tester is that u get to enjoy latest update (as in OS update) b4 anybody, though during this testing time u are expected to give feedback regarding d pros and cons of d update b4 it get release to the general public but it come with a price(soft brick). beta tester is open to all once u possess all their requirement (medals, ur positive contributions, etc)
you are quite right, b4 d next OTA update will b available some beta testers will take d update for a spin n give feedbacks right....
here is what i was trying to explain to him, do u knw nougat z available for mi5 now, bt it is available in form of beta roms which is also called developer roms, if u are on eida global stable or china stable you can try out nougat, u dnt av to be a beta tester, d OTA update is avilable for d public, u cn eida download it as a recovery rom or thru d updater app....
here is d picture, if u are on stable rom beta updates or dev updates cn b push to u thru OTA.....
for clarification about beta roms nt also called dev roms, here are links to prove it
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/guide-redmi-note-3-available-twrps-t3406708
http://miui.my/miui-identify-rom/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
fibonacci2526:
Didn't know there is an ultimate power saving mode, stumbled on it by mistake by triple tapping the power saving mode on.
Be careful with that setting, you might not receive notifications from IM apps unless the app is open.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jamebex(m): 10:00pm On Feb 12, 2017
please I don't know what to make of this, placed this order since 2nd week of jan, now I have been notified that it has been cancelled, I have not been refunded, what do I do.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akinis09: 10:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:
you are quite right, b4 d next OTA update will b available some beta testers will take d update for a spin n give feedbacks right....
here is what i was trying to explain to him, do u knw nougat z available for mi5 now, bt it is available in form of beta roms which is also called developer roms, if u are on eida global stable or china stable you can try out nougat, u dnt av to be a beta tester, d OTA update is avilable for d public, u cn eida download it as a recovery rom or thru d updater app....
here is d picture, if u are on stable rom beta updates or dev updates cn b push to u thru OTA.....
for clarification about beta roms nt also called dev roms, here are links to prove it
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/guide-redmi-note-3-available-twrps-t3406708
http://miui.my/miui-identify-rom/
beta tester is quite different from beta ROM( developer ROM). If one is on either global or Chinese stable ROM will Neva get developer ota update same thing apply to developer ROM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aieromon(m): 10:58pm On Feb 12, 2017
jamebex:
please I don't know what to make of this, placed this order since 2nd week of jan, now I have been notified that it has been cancelled, I have not been refunded, what do I do.

Open dispute and request for a refund.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ibiblaze(m): 11:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
please house...what is the apeal all about when trying to fund ur aliepocket cause i have like three apeal showing in my profile..must u apeal or what will happend if ub refused to apeal..pls what is the essence of apealing

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: helpsystem and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.