Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,967 members, 7,814,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9180733 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 6:46am On Feb 13, 2017
Ibiblaze:
please house...what is the apeal all about when trying to fund ur aliepocket cause i have like three apeal showing in my profile..must u apeal or what will happend if ub refused to apeal..pls what is the essence of apealing
To grant u acces to be able to fund ur account
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by serege(m): 7:51am On Feb 13, 2017
So does this mean i have to appeal (if so, how does one appeal) before i can fund my Alipocket, cos i have seen this redmi note 4 pro i really like and am thinking of ordering for it.
Also will the package only be delivered to post offices or there is home delivery like jumia & konga.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lastbender: 8:07am On Feb 13, 2017
proffnico:
what about this?
how were you able to change the network and battery bar to those beautiful icons?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 9:33am On Feb 13, 2017
Please will one be charged at the point of collection of goods at the post office. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:36am On Feb 13, 2017
Protein0:
Please will one be charged at the point of collection of goods at the post office. Thanks.

Might be charged #500 as "handling fee"

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 9:45am On Feb 13, 2017
serege:
So does this mean i have to appeal (if so, how does one appeal) before i can fund my Alipocket, cos i have seen this redmi note 4 pro i really like and am thinking of ordering for it.
Also will the package only be delivered to post offices or there is home delivery like jumia & konga.
You don't have to appeal before you fund your AliExpress Pocket.
Sometimes people are told to appeal for security reasons, to verify you're the owner/handler of the card, mostly when you use a card that isn't in your name to fund the pocket.
In that case you'll be told to upload a picture of the ATM card(you can block out some numbers for security purposes), identification (eg passport, voters card, birth certificate [don't know if they still collect these], or international passport), and a recent bank statement of the account you were told to appeal.
After 3-5 business days the details will be verified and you can use that card (that doesn't bear your name) to fund your pocket in the future without hassles.

The package will be delivered to the nearest post office and you'll be notified by the post office (either by call or text, or they'll bring a slip to your house) that you have an item waiting for collection at the post office.
You might be charged a ₦500 "handling fee" upon collection of the item.

Happy buying!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by demalo(m): 9:48am On Feb 13, 2017
Hey guys. I have an access bank visa card.. is there anything else I need to do before I can buy things online??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CellTabRepairs: 9:56am On Feb 13, 2017
Price Slash For Your March To Success!

You CAN'T finish this resource from page A-Z and not become an established standard tech-support guru!
Service based tech support business remains the easiest, most lucrative venture for an economy in recession! Your CAPITAL IS YOUR KNOWLEDGE & SKILL!

Get(INVEST IN) the 2016 bestselling " Mobile Phones and Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals " from Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc. Everybody owns a phone today and that's an inexhaustible demand market.

Cheaper rates Now $, £, € for each marketplace!

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 9:56am On Feb 13, 2017
demalo:
Hey guys. I have an access bank visa card.. is there anything else I need to do before I can buy things online??
Have you paid for stuff online before, whether Nigerian or international sites?
If no then you'll have to activate your card for internet banking.
For VISA card you'll need to go to your bank's ATM(I hear you can use any ATM) slot in your ATM and insert your PIN.
Then select "Change PIN"
You'll see a "Change I-PIN" button, click on it.
Now insert your I-PIN (something easy to remember but hard to forget)
For added security use a different pin from your usual ATM pin so if one is compromised the other is safe.
The I-PIN is the PIN you'll use to verify the transaction if you want to buy things online.

Happy Buying!

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 10:10am On Feb 13, 2017
Who knows how much uba and first banks charge/$?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samiceman: 10:24am On Feb 13, 2017
Protein0:
Who knows how much uba and first banks charge/$?
Someone once said it's 318/$ but you will have to make your transaction as early as possible. Say around 12am
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by serege(m): 10:28am On Feb 13, 2017
rookidmart:

You don't have to appeal before you fund your AliExpress Pocket.
Sometimes people are told to appeal for security reasons, to verify you're the owner/handler of the card, mostly when you use a card that isn't in your name to fund the pocket.
In that case you'll be told to upload a picture of the ATM card(you can block out some numbers for security purposes), identification (eg passport, voters card, birth certificate [don't know if they still collect these], or international passport), and a recent bank statement of the account you were told to appeal.
After 3-5 business days the details will be verified and you can use that card (that doesn't bear your name) to fund your pocket in the future without hassles.

The package will be delivered to the nearest post office and you'll be notified by the post office (either by call or text, or they'll bring a slip to your house) that you have an item waiting for collection at the post office.
You might be charged a ₦500 "handling fee" upon collection of the item.

Happy buying!

thanks mate. much ppreciated. hope i'll be a part of the xiaomi family soon grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 10:36am On Feb 13, 2017
Samiceman:
Someone once said it's 318/$ but you will have to make your transaction as early as possible. Say around 12am

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 10:36am On Feb 13, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Might be charged #500 as "handling fee"

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 10:40am On Feb 13, 2017
breaking news! RN3 SE has increased in price. check it out Official Global Version Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 3i pro prime special Edition Mobile phone 5.5 Inch 3GB 32GB 16.0MP
http://s.aliexpress.com/vIZf2A3Y
(from AliExpress Android)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 10:45am On Feb 13, 2017
GrandMufti:

But I couldn't find it as you specified, I read that only fpc 102x takes pictures

I lost ur contact bro.

I just remembered I once bought from AliExpress some years back. I used Dt old account and my GTBANK card was accepted. I tested it with paying for a $5.99 item tho. I was left with funding my pocket with $90. I now av $90 in my alipocket as I type. My first Bank card was said not to be allowed for cross border transactions and other GTBANK cards I got from friends have been rejected. And the price of the mi max has increased: $199.99. I need 2cards to complete DS now. I don't know how to go about this.
Grandmufti, and others who can help pls . Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 10:54am On Feb 13, 2017
choix007:
Has any 1 here successfully upgraded note 4 mtk to miui v 8.1.2...

On 8.1.4.0 at the moment... Why?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 10:55am On Feb 13, 2017
Protein0:

I lost ur contact bro.

I just remembered I once bought from AliExpress some years back. I used Dt old account and my GTBANK card was accepted. I tested it with paying for a $5.99 item tho. I was left with funding my pocket with $90. I now av $90 in my alipocket as I type. My first Bank card was said not to be allowed for cross border transactions and other GTBANK cards I got from friends have been rejected. And the price of the mi max has increased: $199.99. I need 2cards to complete DS now. I don't know how to go about this.
Grandmufti, and others who can help pls . Thanks
try open access na and save yourself stress of borrowing. you can get your card the same day. just my opinion sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by choix007(m): 10:58am On Feb 13, 2017
Worksunlimited:

On 8.1.4.0 at the moment... Why?

How did u go about it, although I upgraded to the official global 8.0.4 yester9t
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by demalo(m): 11:04am On Feb 13, 2017
rookidmart:

Have you paid for stuff online before, whether Nigerian or international sites?
If no then you'll have to activate your card for internet banking.
For VISA card you'll need to go to your bank's ATM(I hear you can use any ATM) slot in your ATM and insert your PIN.
Then select "Change PIN"
You'll see a "Change I-PIN" button, click on it.
Now insert your I-PIN (something easy to remember but hard to forget)
For added security use a different pin from your usual ATM pin so if one is compromised the other is safe.
The I-PIN is the PIN you'll use to verify the transaction if you want to buy things online.

Happy Buying!
Thanks for this info I really do appreciate this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 11:04am On Feb 13, 2017
choix007:

How did u go about it, although I upgraded to the official global 8.0.4 yester9t

Via OTA
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samiceman: 11:15am On Feb 13, 2017
Xiaomi Online Store dey vex oo. Phone I ordered for $136 last Sunday is now $156 abi my eye dey deceive me ni?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngpo413: 11:29am On Feb 13, 2017
rookidmart:

Type your full address in the space provided, and Google for the postal code of your LGA. It will be shipped to the nearest post office.
(Alternatively you can input the post office address as your shipping address but you'll always have to go to their office to collect.)
Don't forget to input your phone number in the correct format so you can be notified when your package arrives.
Happy shopping.
no postal code for uyo only zip codes, is it the same thing?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 11:32am On Feb 13, 2017
Youngpo413:
no postal code for uyo only zip codes, is it the same thing?
Same thing.
Na postal code we dey call am for Naija, Na zip code them they call am for Yankee.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 11:36am On Feb 13, 2017
Samiceman:
Xiaomi Online Store dey vex oo. Phone I ordered for $136 last Sunday is now $156 abi my eye dey deceive me ni?
the vex is even more serious than a heart attack grin
Samiceman:
the vex is even more serious than a heart attack
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 11:44am On Feb 13, 2017
Samiceman:

I believe as more people outside China continue to buy Xiaomi devices, we might start noticing increase in prices.. That's my take anyway..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngpo413: 11:50am On Feb 13, 2017
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngpo413: 11:51am On Feb 13, 2017
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gucciboss: 11:58am On Feb 13, 2017
Gptech, worksuñlimited, Grandmufti, toluwani07, choix007 Fibonacci2526, etc etc. make una go apply for this naa cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by proffnico(m): 12:07pm On Feb 13, 2017
Lastbender:
how were you able to change the network and battery bar to those beautiful icons?
Xiaomi theme..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AdisaGaniyu(f): 12:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
GrandMufti:

Actually I was referring to his rn3 Kate. I don't own a note 4 so I'm not abreast with their latest rom

Please kindly give me your whatsapp no... i need so explanation on how to fund aliexpress pocket and some other thing.
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by samo123: 12:21pm On Feb 13, 2017
Who is playing Fifa 16 on redimi note 3

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: GrifindorHouse(m), Henrybright(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.