Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9246739 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2017
fibonacci2526:

LOL, your item is still in China ooo. Yet to be dispatched to Nigeria.

Kill joy grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by samo123: 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2017
proffnico:
Global stable MIUI 8.1 V 8.1.1.0 (MHRMIDI)
show me step to step to install d fifa 16
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gucciboss: 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2017
Gptech:

Hehehehe, dem nr go gree pay for time na, time na money ooo, especially for 9ja.
Lol.. abi oo
I thought they do pay ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vintino(m): 8:04pm On Feb 13, 2017
hello everyone, Glo is relly killing me, I have been trying to download flashboot rom for my bricked RN4 since yesterday and it always get issue, i dont have universal modem and m only having glo data..

if anyone resides in abuja dat can help me download the Rom, i dont mind paying for the data..

this is d link to the rom
http://bigota.d.miui.com/V8.0.3.0.MBFMIDG/nikel_global_images_V8.0.3.0.MBFMIDG_20160805.0000.29_6.0_global_ccd512218e.tgz

i have wasted close to 4GB of data already, the rom is just 1.5gb

08167470711 anyone willing to help can reach me on that or check my signature, i dont have browsing phone for now am using my system, thanks all..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:14pm On Feb 13, 2017
vintino:
hello everyone, Glo is relly killing me, I have been trying to download flashboot rom for my bricked RN4 since yesterday and it always get issue, i dont have universal modem and m only having glo data..

if anyone resides in abuja dat can help me download the Rom, i dont mind paying for the data..

this is d link to the rom
http://bigota.d.miui.com/V8.0.3.0.MBFMIDG/nikel_global_images_V8.0.3.0.MBFMIDG_20160805.0000.29_6.0_global_ccd512218e.tgz

i have wasted close to 4GB of data already, the rom is just 1.5gb

08167470711 anyone willing to help can reach me on that or check my signature, i dont have browsing phone for now am using my system, thanks all..

Use download manager, you can pause and resume the download at any time.

**modified***

Are you sure you know what you are doing? You are downloading recovery rom and not fastboot rom. Fastboot rom normally begins with the name of the phone. E.g 'kenzo'
Use the link below to download the fastboot rom for your phone

http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vintino(m): 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2017
boss, its the same rom, it start with "nikel" the same with what i have been downloading

will download manager wnt break?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:51pm On Feb 13, 2017
vintino:
boss, its the same rom, it start with "nikel" the same with what i have been downloading

will download manager wnt break?

Ok you are right. Since your network is not stable, download manager is your best bet
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jorhney(m): 9:02pm On Feb 13, 2017
Protein0:
Who knows how much uba and first banks charge/$?

first bank mastercard doesnt work anymore na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vintino(m): 9:21pm On Feb 13, 2017
GrandMufti:

Ok you are right. Since your network is not stable, download manager is your best bet
am on it now boss, downloading with download manager

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by proffnico(m): 9:27pm On Feb 13, 2017
lambotee:
city linkz
Nice one bt check this...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 9:27pm On Feb 13, 2017
Samiceman:
Auch embarassed

Patience brother.. BTW just saw RN4x on pre sale @ Tinydeals with the snapdragon 625 with 32gb ROM.. retails for £160.. should be a good one..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by slye(m): 9:51pm On Feb 13, 2017
lambotee:
city linkz

WHATS THE NAME OF THAT BLACK THEME BRO ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by choix007(m): 9:51pm On Feb 13, 2017
proffnico:
Nice one bt check this...

What's d name of this theme or is it customized?!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 9:56pm On Feb 13, 2017
dustmalik:

You don't even need to unlock the bootloader in order to install Nougat Custom roms. Just follow the instructions on this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/kate-guide-install-lineage-os-locked-t3546154

By the way, which one did you end up ordering for?
i have decided to go for mi5 after much deliberation, and about the method u just posted, i guess one will have to be stuck on lineageOS, for d best user experience it z jus fuckin ideal to go thru d bootloader unlockin wif rooting routine
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 10:03pm On Feb 13, 2017
Someone should help pls now. I've $90 in my alipocket and unable to fund more with other cards. I've tried 2 other GTBANK, 1zenith, 1 first Bank. All to no avail. CC keep apologizing that they're working on it that they'll treat it urgently. I need to fund with $100 more to be able to get mi max. I've already purchased an hard cover, waiting to be shipped set.
Opening an Access Bank account looks cumbersome kinda. Fellas, pls help. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 10:05pm On Feb 13, 2017
jorhney:

first bank mastercard doesnt work anymore na

Thanks. But which other banks work apart from GT and Access cards?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2017
Protein0:

Stanbic IBTC and FCMB if you're willing to pay ~₦400 and above /$
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jorhney(m): 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2017
Protein0:

only know bout Gt and Access , i wan go open Gt acct since first bank dey dull me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samiceman: 11:40pm On Feb 13, 2017
rookidmart:

Stanbic IBTC and FCMB if you're willing to pay ~₦400 and above /$
Stanbic does not work while FCMB is N410
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by guente02(m): 11:59pm On Feb 13, 2017
Protein0:
Someone should help pls now. I've $90 in my alipocket and unable to fund more with other cards. I've tried 2 other GTBANK, 1zenith, 1 first Bank. All to no avail. CC keep apologizing that they're working on it that they'll treat it urgently. I need to fund with $100 more to be able to get mi max. I've already purchased an hard cover, waiting to be shipped set.
Opening an Access Bank account looks cumbersome kinda. Fellas, pls help. Thanks
To do what exactly as ur post is obscure to me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kazzonline: 12:37am On Feb 14, 2017
jboixxx:
kazzonline, how far with aliexpress? Issues solved and order placed?

Yes boss,appealed twice,now my account is gud,untill i use a new card again,since i know how to fast track appeals,i aint gat no worries,thnks for chking up
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Geometrix(m): 12:52am On Feb 14, 2017
can I able to fund alipocket with 400 USD,want to buy from aliexpress some stuffs that are cumulatively around this sum.I only saw a limit of 150 USD in the space provided for funding alipocket. Gurus in the house please help me?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 1:05am On Feb 14, 2017
Geometrix:
can I able to fund alipocket with 400 USD,want to buy from aliexpress some stuffs that are cumulatively around this sum.I only saw a limit of 150 USD in the space provided for funding alipocket. Gurus in the house please help me?
You can fund in multiples.
Eg you can purchase USD 150 * 3 to give $450 at once instead of repeating the procedure.
Unfortunately this will only work if you're using a dollar debit card for a domiciliary account since banks now have a $100 monthly limit.

So in your case to fund $400 you'll have to use at least 4 ATM cards, funding $100 each.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ibawon(m): 1:32am On Feb 14, 2017
GrandMufti:

We suppose arrange one phone for the guy grin
Abi oo,i am currently smartphonless ooo wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 2:12am On Feb 14, 2017
gidieberry:
i have decided to go for mi5 after much deliberation, and about the method u just posted, i guess one will have to be stuck on lineageOS, for d best user experience it z jus fuckin ideal to go thru d bootloader unlockin wif rooting routine
With this method, you can run any custom rom or kernel you want, just as you would with an unlocked bootloader. There is nothing unideal about it. You can root it as well. You should go through the thread.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xtremrules(m): 4:18am On Feb 14, 2017
I wish to buy Redmi note 4 but it doesn't not support GLO 4g only note 3 SE does and I don't want it. I keep having this feeling that GLO made a mistake by selecting band 28(700)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:23am On Feb 14, 2017
Please house, is there no way to lock a SIM to a particular network selection(band) permanently? I don't like this change of network selection(band) every time the phone is restarted.
2. What's the function of AppLock?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:31am On Feb 14, 2017
xtremrules:
I wish to buy Redmi note 4 but it doesn't not support GLO 4g only note 3 SE does and I don't want it. I keep having this feeling that GLO made a mistake by selecting band 28(700)
Bros buy phone wen u like buy and forget about glo, afterall other networks dey available.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:35am On Feb 14, 2017
jboixxx:
Please house, is there no way to lock a SIM to a particular network selection permanently? I don't like this change of network selection every time the phone is restarted.
Your first question is not clear, please explain more. As for App lock, its just for security purposes, in case you give your phone out to people alot to operate and you don't want them to have access to certain apps, like your messages, App lock comes handy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 7:39am On Feb 14, 2017
Gptech:

Your first question is not clear, please explain more. As for App lock, its just for security purposes, in case you give your phone out to people alot to operate and you don't want them to have access to certain apps, like your messages, App lock comes handy.
bro gptech i think he mans dat 3g only stuff he mans dat isnt there a way of locking it so dat even when u restart the phone u dont need to go back to internal memory and select 3g only for it to work
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:47am On Feb 14, 2017
jboixxx:
Please house, is there no way to lock a SIM to a particular network selection permanently? I don't like this change of network selection every time the phone is restarted.

Whenever you reboot or switch on / off airplane mode or switch Internet sim, the phone automatically reverts back to the default 2g/3g/lte setting, of which these networks with the strongest reception is given a higher priority.

If you were referring to the non-internet sim that's automatically set to 3G, that is a bug. But unfortunately it was not corrected in the latest update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xtremrules(m): 7:49am On Feb 14, 2017
Gptech:

Bros buy phone wen u like buy and forget about glo, afterall other networks dey available.
Thanks, I will do as you say

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Merovi and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.