Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9201993 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:51am On Feb 14, 2017
xtremrules:
I wish to buy Redmi note 4 but it doesn't not support GLO 4g only note 3 SE does and I don't want it. I keep having this feeling that GLO made a mistake by selecting band 28(700)

na you say you want Glo. Na you still dey doubt them grin . If you don't like the Kate design and you want to use Glo, go for mi note 2. Otherwise you can choose any other phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:51am On Feb 14, 2017
GrandMufti:

Kill joy grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:59am On Feb 14, 2017
Gptech:

Your first question is not clear, please explain more. As for App lock, its just for security purposes, in case you give your phone out to people alot to operate and you don't want them to have access to certain apps, like your messages, App lock comes handy.
Thanks for the explanation on the 2 questions. Toluwani07, thanks for the clarification too, right on point.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by UncutSk(m): 9:48am On Feb 14, 2017
hello fellow redmi users, am currently using redmi 3 and would wish to upgrade to redmi4 prime, I stay in owerri. when using aliexpress, how does the product get to the east here and how much will it cost me in naira to get here.
need nice reply asap
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by skywalker495(m): 10:01am On Feb 14, 2017
proffnico:
Nice one bt check this...
real dope..
what theme's this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ustavo(m): 10:14am On Feb 14, 2017
Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro prime special edition available f9r pickup in lagos
Chat me up on 08131340298
Two note 4 will arrive in 2 weeks time (30 Feb 2017)
PAY ON DELIVERY
FIRST COMES FIRST SERVE
Pm now for yours
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CellTabRepairs: 10:15am On Feb 14, 2017
Xiaomi support fetch great income for those who know.

##Check out Image, click my name!##
For expertise, YOU CAN'T finish reading this resource from page A-Z and not become an established standard tech-support guru! Service based tech support business remains the easiest, most lucrative venture for an economy in recession! Your CAPITAL IS YOUR KNOWLEDGE & SKILL!

Get(INVEST IN) the 2016 bestselling " Mobile Phones and Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals " from Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc. Everybody owns a phone today and that's an inexhaustible demand market. Cheaper rates Now@ all marketplaces!

*****Click My Name, $ee Image****
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vintino(m): 10:34am On Feb 14, 2017
I tried flashing the global stable fastboot rom and i got the error below,.. (still the same mismatch error)
am trying to download the china fastboot rom to try flash again.. help me pray ooh

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:04am On Feb 14, 2017
vintino:
I tried flashing the global stable fastboot rom and i got the error below,.. (still the same mismatch error)
am trying to download the china fastboot rom to try flash again.. help me pray ooh
do u av mtk mediacom drivers installed, if yes b4 using spflash tools, u need to disable windows drivers signature verification, and run d spflash tool as an administrator, dnt boda to download d china fastboot rom, check note 4 mtk comprehensive flaahing/unbrick thread on miui official forum, dere is a custom image file, to prevent errors, bootlop and imei loss, from the screenshot u post, y re u checkin preloader alone, yu av uncheck system, boot,recovery n oda partitions, do u eant to flash d full rom or u wanna flash d preloader partition alone....check evithin joor
except that preloader

use this as a guide, n check the reply, that is where u goin to c d custom.img file
http://en.miui.com/thread-370620-1-1.html
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 11:11am On Feb 14, 2017
ustavo:
PAY ON DELIVERY
FIRST COMES FIRST SERVE
Pm now for yours
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by proffnico(m): 11:24am On Feb 14, 2017
skywalker495:
real dope..
what theme's this
Black kerupuk theme + nova launcher + tha-black icon pack
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vintino(m): 11:46am On Feb 14, 2017
gidieberry:
do u av mtk mediacom drivers installed, if yes b4 using spflash tools, u need to disable windows drivers signature verification, and run d spflash tool as an administrator, dnt boda to download d china fastboot rom, check note 4 mtk comprehensive flaahing/unbrick thread on miui official forum, dere is a custom image file, to prevent errors, bootlop and imei loss, from the screenshot u post, y re u checkin preloader alone, yu av uncheck system, boot,recovery n oda partitions, do u eant to flash d full rom or u wanna flash d preloader partition alone....check evithin joor
except that preloader

use this as a guide, n check the reply, that is where u goin to c d custom.img file
http://en.miui.com/thread-370620-1-1.html

the phone is hardbricked, am trying to flsash preloader first,
i have installed all the drivers needed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:51am On Feb 14, 2017
vintino:

You are not in fastboot mode oga.

i presume you have installed the necessary drivers?

UNTICK PRELOADER and

TICK ALL THE OTHER PARTITIONS

click on download button

then hold VOLUME DOWN button on phone, then plug in the USB cable

when flashing starts let the VOL down button go and wait till it complete

NB:
You should see a notification for MediaTek DA USB VCOM (Android) (COM XX) if you have drivers installed and done the procedure correctly.

you can also check under device manager if your computer is detecting the phone in download mode

and the lower left hand portion of the SPFlashTool should show info about the board of the phone, like this

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:58am On Feb 14, 2017
ehen abeg, those who have used free shipping on Aliexpress before, please can you interpret this for me?

the chinese means: [Shenzhen] [Shenzhen International bulk mail processing center] has been sealed (by the domestic transfer)

its some little items, but its been like this since 7 days ago....

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
4llerbuntu:
ehen abeg, those who have used free shipping on Aliexpress before, please can you interpret this for me?

the chinese means: [Shenzhen] [Shenzhen International bulk mail processing center] has been sealed (by the domestic transfer)

its some little items, but its been like this since 7 days ago....

i think you use china small packet carrier that can not be tracked after leaving china. Just pray you get the call from the post office when it arrives because you wont be able to track when it gets here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
fibonacci2526:

i think you use china small packet carrier that can not be tracked after leaving china. Just pray you get the call from the post office when it arrives because you wont be able to track when it gets here.

yeah.

i see.

it was some small $2, $3 items usb cables and cases. i had some loose Alipocket change so i decided to buy those. paying for shipping would be more than the cost of item.

i guess i'll check next week when my big items arrive
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 12:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
vintino:

the phone is hardbricked, am trying to flsash preloader first,
i have installed all the drivers needed
thnks that u mentioned it, use the cust.img file in the forum, u av to replace it with d one u will c in d firmware image folder, after that just check system and boot alone, if u scroll down to c d reply a guy used d same procedure to unbrick his redmi pro, after dt u need to factory reset ya fone, d key is the cust.img file...

check this thread, a guy using redmi pro also use the same procedure to unbrick hia fone, http://en.miui.com/thread-370620-1-1.html..jus make sure u use d cust.img file
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:49pm On Feb 14, 2017
BOOTLOADER UNLOCK

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngpo413: 1:20pm On Feb 14, 2017
xtremrules:
I wish to buy Redmi note 4 but it doesn't not support GLO 4g only note 3 SE does and I don't want it. I keep having this feeling that GLO made a mistake by selecting band 28(700)
you can use MTN or Etisalat, their 4G are very fast plus cheap data bundles.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 1:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
GrandMufti:

Whenever you reboot or switch on / off airplane mode or switch Internet sim, the phone automatically reverts back to the default 2g/3g/lte setting, of which these networks with the strongest reception is given a higher priority.

If you were referring to the non-internet sim that's automatically set to 3G, that is a bug. But unfortunately it was not corrected in the latest update.

Actually it's not a bug. Some countries are now doing away with 2g network signal. So they have only 3g upwards. If they Made the 2nd SIM to default to 2g, those countries will not be able to use the second SIM. That's the reason for the change.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vintino(m): 1:44pm On Feb 14, 2017
gidieberry:

thnks that u mentioned it, use the cust.img file in the forum, u av to replace it with d one u will c in d firmware image folder, after that just check system and boot alone, if u scroll down to c d reply a guy used d same procedure to unbrick his redmi pro, after dt u need to factory reset ya fone, d key is the cust.img file...

check this thread, a guy using redmi pro also use the same procedure to unbrick hia fone, http://en.miui.com/thread-370620-1-1.html..jus make sure u use d cust.img file

SAME RESULT......

cry cry cry cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
vintino:

SAME RESULT......

cry cry cry cry
dou i dnt that fone ooo, bt i have use sp flashtools for quite some fones now, here is d deal, make sure y OK u are using this SP Flash Tool v5.1620 version

1)before u use spflash tools, try n disable windows drivers verification nad for the best result, use windows 64 bit version, here z a link to disable windows drivers verification http://howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/
2)after extracting the fastboot rom, check the folder u will see a cust.img file, delete it and replace it with the one u will download in d first link i gave u earlier
3)use the guide in the first link as well, and tick/check boot and system....
if u are doing it well, surely ya fone wiil work n run sptools as an administrator
4) you can as well check youtube with this hot key, "ubricking xiaomi redmi note 4 mtk"
here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J69BElb1rW4&fulldescription=1&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nzUbp732Ow&fulldescription=1&gl=NG&client=mv-google&hl=en
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
bily:

Actually it's not a bug. Some countries are now doing away with 2g network signal. So they have only 3g upwards. If they Made the 2nd SIM to default to 2g, those countries will not be able to use the second SIM. That's the reason for the change.

It is a bug. The only time xiaomi can restrict access to a particular network band is when it has license issues just like the case of 4G in Indonesia. There, no option of 'LTE only.

I believe all the mobile phone manufacturers are out to maximize their profit. So they'll continue to produce phones that cuts across the globe irrespective of any network restrictions.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by enoch273: 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hands on review and real pictures and price of xiaomi redmi 4x, click the link below for full info

www.enochtekng.com/2017/02/real-images-specificatitions-and-price.html
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
Where Can I Get D Redmi 3 Pro In Ibadan And At What Price
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 4:54pm On Feb 14, 2017
GrandMufti:

It is a bug. The only time xiaomi can restrict access to a particular network band is when it has license issues just like the case of 4G in Indonesia. There, no option of 'LTE only.

I believe all the mobile phone manufacturers are out to maximize their profit. So they'll continue to produce phones that cuts across the globe irrespective of any network restrictions.

This is not a restriction, it just defaults to 3g which in a lot of countries is more prevalent than 2g. you can always set to 2g.

The same way most new radios now default to fm frequency unlike before that they default to am radio. It's just the times.

Maybe in future, they may completely phase out 2g network, who knows.

Can't remember the thread on miui forum, but I read it that it was intentional and not a bug
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nurez305(m): 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
please assist me on this, i just got a mail that my appeal has been accepted that i can now continue with my shopping on aliexpress. now i login on aliexpress to fund my wallet with 90dollar and i still get this response again...

For security reasons this process can not be continued.To make sure your transaction is secure, please provide us with documentation by clicking My Appeal for further verification.

and i have done all that before, please what can be the problem again, was it an error by them or what?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kazzonline: 5:47pm On Feb 14, 2017
nurez305:
please assist me on this, i just got a mail that my appeal has been accepted that i can now continue with my shopping on aliexpress. now i login on aliexpress to fund my wallet with 90dollar and i still get this response again...

For security reasons this process can not be continued.To make sure your transaction is secure, please provide us with documentation by clicking My Appeal for further verification.

and i have done all that before, please what can be the problem again, was it an error by them or what?

Listen up everyone,anytime you do an appeal,you have to wait 24hrs after you get the email your appeal has been accepted befor you carry out any transaction,eso lpading your alipocket,so its either u wait 24hrs or u do anoda appeal,dat wudnt take up to 2 days.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by onwards: 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2017
nurez305:

If it's the same card try this first. Attempt to load in smaller denominations: 20USD × 4 + 10USD.

If this doesn't work you will have to appeal again. Sorry bro.

After appealing try to connect with a customer care agent so it can be fast tracked.

New AliExpress accounts can fit annoy person sometimes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kazzonline: 5:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
onwards:

If it's the same card try this first. Attempt to load in smaller denominations: 20USD × 4 + 10USD.

If this doesn't work you will have to appeal again. Sorry bro.

After appealing try to connect with a customer care agent so it can be fast tracked.

New AliExpress accounts can fit annoy person sometimes.

Even if there is option for 1cent to load after an appeal,nd you load it,it wont go,dos customer care ladies told me to always wait 24hrs after appeal is accepted befor you carry out any transcation.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nurez305(m): 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
kazzonline:

Listen up everyone,anytime you do an appeal,you have to wait 24hrs after you get the email your appeal has been accepted befor you carry out any transaction,eso lpading your alipocket,so its either u wait 24hrs or u do anoda appeal,dat wudnt take up to 2 days.
so i will have to re-upload those document again after waiting for almost a week..... it is a lesson sha....... thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kazzonline: 6:03pm On Feb 14, 2017
ustavo:
PAY ON DELIVERY
FIRST COMES FIRST SERVE
Pm now for yours

Am super interested,as long as ur prices are not too scary,cos we all know how much d fones cost,i wud send u a pm right away, or kindly state ur prices here

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.