Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,825 members, 7,844,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9386970 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (9327) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:20pm On Mar 06, 2017
ABMC:

N55k please
Sorry, 65k is not even acceptable.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:21pm On Mar 06, 2017
Erm shocked shocked shocked

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nadalion: 9:27pm On Mar 06, 2017
My brother, switching to the windows platform is easy but switching off, no easy at all. I'm currently using a Nokia/Windows phone (Nokia 730). Try this method either of this methods:
1. Log into your outlook account on a desktop computer and you'll see an option to view your outlook contacts (including calendar, etc).
2. Manually copy and paste the numbers on Microsoft word, separate/space them and save.
Or
Try this:
1. Backup your stuffs (or just sync) to the one drive.
2. Go to The account section (where you add google, WhatsApp, etc), add Microsoft account.
3. Go to contacts and try to view contacts on outlook account.
Note: If the second method doesn't work, log into onedrive directly on your phone browser, locate "PEOPLE" on outlook, copy the contacts and paste it in your phone book manually.

I'm expecting to switch to droids too when my Redmi note 4x arrives and I'm sure I'll carry all my contacts and (possibly) messages to android too, wish you luck dude and keep me posted.

ubev01:
Hello guys, have been following this thread for a while now, but was unable to post for a reason I don't understand but I have learnt a lot, info that helped me find my alipocket, ordered for a mi max and I'm typing this with the phone. Thanks a lot guys. But my problem now is, how can move my contacts from my old phone to the mi max. My old phone is a windows phone

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:31pm On Mar 06, 2017
fibonacci2526:
Ok na, maybe I go increase price for my own thread too grin grin. People dey vex sha! Later dem go dey call other nairaland resellers greedy people.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trust2001(m): 9:32pm On Mar 06, 2017
can I purchase on aliexpress with my savings account.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Some people are wicked sha. Thus is why our country keep stagnating , we are always on d lookout to explore the wrong way
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:53pm On Mar 06, 2017
Trust2001:
This your question get as e b oooo. Whether savings or current, your atm card is what matters. You can either use GTbank mastercard or Access Bank visa card.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2017
fibonacci2526:
Haba!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 9:55pm On Mar 06, 2017
Trust2001:
Yes, read the FAQ:
https://www.nairaland.com/post/53579932
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2017
Gptech:

Ok na, maybe I go increase price for my own thread too grin grin. People dey vex sha! Later dem go dey call other nairaland resellers greedy people.

It is really sad. 135k for a used phone. Over $400. It's crazy. I dey go price am 60k. Make I wind am small.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:11pm On Mar 06, 2017
fibonacci2526:

It is really sad. 135k for a used phone. Over $400. It's crazy. I dey go price am 60k. Make I wind am small.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2017
nuramohammed26:
I have tried paying thru the app and it gives me a similar error message,tho the error message will just blink for a second and disappeared also some part of it will not be displayed, I even updated the app this morn on my android phone, I also try using the app on iPad but the same error, when I try paying thru the desktop, I got something like this. see screenshot. the place i put arrow at will not disappear no matter how many times i click on DONE, I change browser to Microsoft edge but same problem
you dont have any funds in your alipocket account na, just safe yourself this stress and open a new aliexpress account..
anyways download puffin click the menu and request desktop version then go check your order list and see if there's appeal waiting (however I don't think the browser is the issue here)... you can try what the guy below said too. if none work, biko just open a new account.
Kazzonline87:

You keep quoting the wrong people,now dis is d solution,from that page you are,dont fill all dos stuffs,just click other payments method,den scroll down to confirm and pay,it wud take u to anoda page wia u need to fill ur card details,den pay tru d page,walahi of u nor entet appeal withing 1 mins i wud dash u my incoming mi note 2 grin
this guy sha!!!! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Harry4cas(m): 10:33pm On Mar 06, 2017
Baroba:

Hybrid sim ( one micro SD + sim or two sims)
Very good battery life ( 1.5 days, light to moderate use)
Gaming .. having only seen my madam play all dem knock dem games candy crush, pet rescue, it easily handles them; I expect the snapdragon 430 and Adreno 308 to struggle with high end games.. Not much of a gamer so I might be wrong.. If you want to store heavy apps or games, that 9/10 GB you get out of the box ( that's all you get after MIUI don collect im share) your memory will fill up pretty quick and you cannot move apps to internal storage on MIUI.. Camera is average, but good for this price..If you want a simple phone that does all the basics right ( no lag or stutter so far) then its for you.. But as you don mention gaming, aim slightly higher bro ( snapdragon 625 32gb should be ur starting point, Redmi 4 pro).. This is my honest opinion.. Once I gather small change I will sell hers and get note 4 just because of the small internal memory.. 16 GB is just not good enough in this day and age..I won't buy them again..
so how much is this redmi4 pro bro.... thanks for your explanations
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hay2zed50(m): 10:36pm On Mar 06, 2017
Stormyweather:
I think cubot h2 is somewhere around that price
Thanks bro, I'll check it out !
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:36pm On Mar 06, 2017
Kazzonline87:

Evul you grin,but ur price still mk sense small,i sure if serz person negotiate am,u go reduce small change commot,worst pass people wey dey sell dia own at almost double d price,i frustrate one guy sote e beg mods to delete ehn thread,greed nor gud at all
I nr dey reduce more than 2k from my own jare, una better go buy una own. tongue. Phone wen I use data search, use mental energy wait for, claim with 5H, then use almost 2gig of data flash the official rom, plus other things, in fact price go likely go up. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 10:37pm On Mar 06, 2017
[quote author=nuramohammed26 post=54336201][/quote]
you can as well send a mail to security@aliexpress.com (just in case) containing your valid IDcard, the picture of your gtb card(you can blur some numbers) but ensure the name, bank name, bank logo and last four digits is clear. and then a PDF format of your recent bank statements.
do this for the access card too

send in one mail o.. I.e valid ID, gtb card, gtb bank statement, access card, access Bank statements.
the subject should be; verification for my order on aliexpress.

or you can just open another account jere

PS; I saw from your last screenshot that you were trying to buy $100 ALIPOCKET coupon at once, I don't know maybe you should try again this time buy lesser denominations.

if I were you sha, I will open a new account jeje

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hay2zed50(m): 10:38pm On Mar 06, 2017
princetom1:

Leagoo M8, check it out and review is on gizmochina.com too . It's less than 80usd
Yea, thanks bro, that's my first option !
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:45pm On Mar 06, 2017
Kazzonline87:

Even if u comot 2k u still try,at least u nor wan sell ur own for 90k like sum greeedy thieves
Hehehehe.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 10:57pm On Mar 06, 2017
Kazzonline87:

You and new accounts ehn,u nko dey sound like all dos cc wey tell me to forfeit my hard earned 40dollars to open a new account,i bin wan cry grin,he doesnt need one for now sha,cos as d guy dey,if he opens a new one,he wud still find him sef at dis same stage with same issue,my advice let him wait for the mail,it wud prolly be a mail to do alipay verification,as well,he wud stil av to appeal many cards,if dos one nor nko work,he can open a new account,
I forgot to advice him sef,loading a 100dollars at a go is not advisable,break it into 20*5
okay aliexpress.

but did you remember when he said (in the morning) he hasn't been sent the mail and it's over 24hrs? besides this is the first time I'm hearing they send you a mail 24hrs first before you can appeal..(well, maybe there's a long queueof verification going on already lmao)
also he can always open a new account,he doesnt have a dime in his account now.. he can never know what's wrong until he opens a new account. if same thing happens then he can always return to the older account (hoping aliexpress finally sends the mail) besides I suggested he sends his appeal details to security@aliexpress.com just in case, you missed that part?
and the dude said he already verified his alipay, which alipay u dey talk again??
making appeal is the issue now,not alipay! and he can always come back to do that but while wait on that when he can always open a new account to know if his older account was the problem?
and the emboldened is very silly, I open new accounts because I help different people make orders..also I wouldn't have suggested he open a new account when he has some $$ in his alipocket already. if he had some $$, in fact that's a good news but did you noticed, even while he tried making orders(ALIPOCKET coupon s) he got error messages but those failed orders weren't on his order list?
if I remember quite well, he's supposed to have those failed orders awaiting payments on his order list..but his is empty...

Mr noramohammed please while trying to figure out what's going by waiting on aliexpress mail to make your appeal or by sending the appeal mail to security@aliexpress.com please do open a new account and check if same thing is gonna happen by then it's probably your card(which is still surprising).

PS; I strongly doubt your card is the problem.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 11:07pm On Mar 06, 2017
hay2zed50:
Thanks bro, I'll check it out !
no p. It's a nice phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:14pm On Mar 06, 2017
^quivah: as simple as that. Heed to d word of madam quivah, mr nura.

Quivah, did you go through OTP while making your order(s) on the new account you just appealed, because I didn't o. Even the 2nd card didn't go through same. Asking to know if there's need to be concerned or it's been a general thing now with GTB.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:19pm On Mar 06, 2017
Kazzonline87:

Even if u comot 2k u still try,at least u nor wan sell ur own for 90k like sum greeedy thieves

Imagine that rn3pro I put for 57 (sold 52 to a friend), someone was telling me se e too expensive as I don use am for 1month! I for place 65k ontop d phone sef.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 11:20pm On Mar 06, 2017
jboixxx:
^quivah: as simple as that. Heed to d word of madam quivah, mr nura.

Quivah, did you go through OTP while making your order(s) on the new account you just appealed, because I didn't o. Even the 2nd card didn't go through same. Asking to know if there's need to be concerned or it's been a general thing now with GTB.
I didn't go through otp o.. the thing just went straight away.
I don't think there's anything to be concerned about, it's probably because the cards have been verified so no security breach lol that's my wack mind talking tho.

but I know that isn't the general thing with gtb, I went through OTP on all the new accounts I used,in the initial payment I made, however after appeal, I paid for my orders (in all of the two accounts I appealed) without OTP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 11:20pm On Mar 06, 2017
jboixxx:
^quivah: as simple as that. Heed to d word of madam , mr nura.

, did you go through OTP while making your order(s) on the new account you just appealed, because I didn't o. Even the 2nd card didn't go through same. Asking to know if there's need to be concerned or it's been a general thing now with GTB.
Strange, sometimes they ask for OTP other times it goes straightaway, especially if you have the card details saved.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OmichaelO: 11:26pm On Mar 06, 2017
Guys, I'm selling of my phone tomorrow to buy rn3se
But i want to make some clarifications.

I have about 100dollars in naira (GTBANK) I can send about 100dollars to the person's account id be using as support right?

And appealing must occur before it gets accepted right?
Is the a particular seller you guys buy From? Because on the app, they all have 4.8 rating.

I have decided on RN3SE, I hope it's worth it? And is the battery what they said it really is? I have suffered when it comes to battery sad

I am currently moving round southern Nigeria. So I don't know where I'd be when the phone arrives, I think its just perfect if i input my permanent address (Home) Abi?

I was about loading 10 bucks for trial. But i stop, I have a feeling it will go through though. I got to thr otp page
Thank you all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:31pm On Mar 06, 2017
Rookidmart + quivah: aiit. Make I de keep my card inside local bank (kolo) now o, because anybody fit carry do bizness be ds o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (9327) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.