Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9280956 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 11:13am On Mar 06, 2017
Hi bosses.

Help me with this. Pls.

Thank you

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BluePearls(m): 11:16am On Mar 06, 2017
Good morning guys, fellow Xiaomi lovers grin
Just a quick noob question, I wanna apply for GTB card, which one specifically should I go for? For easy transaction with AliExpress. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:16am On Mar 06, 2017
valexxy:
Plz how to I tackle the Xtremely slow charging problem of Xiaomi Redmi note 3 using computer. Plz do u have an idea ?

No way out. The output from the laptop is extremely low compared to a charger
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 11:31am On Mar 06, 2017
BluePearls:
Good morning guys, fellow Xiaomi lovers grin
Just a quick noob question, I wanna apply for GTB card, which one specifically should I go for? For easy transaction with AliExpress. Thanks

The GTB Mastercard.
That's the default one.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 11:32am On Mar 06, 2017
Holuwaxheun:
Hi bosses.
Help me with this. Pls.
Thank you
Your item is at Netherlands. It would be shipped trim there to Nigeria. It should get here in about a week or so.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by steevy(m): 11:44am On Mar 06, 2017
Yes, they told me that since January. It only works for funding alipocket.

nuramohammed26:
Hello House.... it seems aliexpress don't accept Mastercard Debit card anymore...I was trying to fund my wallet today using Gtbank Mastercard but I keep getting errors,I tried 3 different Gtbank Mastercard but the same thing keep happening, I use another aliexpress account and yet same result. So after chatting with a customer care Representative, I learned that they don't accept Mastercard Debit card as a means of payment, I insisted that I used it 2 days back but the guy told me that once the system identifies you are using Mastercard it will not work anymore,but Visa card is accepted without issues according to him, can someone pls confirm THIS
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 12:02pm On Mar 06, 2017
FBS:

And why should I? cheesy
Because i think FBS Means FIRST BANK S.
So u have a lot of Money.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 12:18pm On Mar 06, 2017
rookidmart:

Your item is at Netherlands.
It would be shipped trim there to Nigeria.
It should get here in about a week or so.

Thank you very much for the information
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 12:30pm On Mar 06, 2017
steevy:
Yes, they told me that since January. It only works for funding alipocket.

Obviously not true.
I've used the card to purchase items directly.
Even used it last week to test when GTB was charging ₦315/$
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 12:43pm On Mar 06, 2017
Kazzonline87:
Fastest appeal accepted yet grin,didnt even take one business day,uploaded on a saturday,spoke to 2 customer agents with my usual format to epp me escalate and speed my appeal up,today is d first business day,nd e don go,time to load grin

When u appeal for new card, do u use the I D card of the person who owns the card or u keep using ur own ID card?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ismailajala: 12:56pm On Mar 06, 2017
Hello,
I just ordered for MI 5 from dreami store. How long will it take to get shipped?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nuramohammed26: 12:59pm On Mar 06, 2017
Hello House.... pls any other reliable online store to purchase Xiaomi phone apart from aliexpress... I am tired of their WAHALA
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2017
Who fit just dash me one of all these xiaomi phones na
Let me sef get something to use
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BluePearls(m): 1:04pm On Mar 06, 2017
Kazzonline87:

Gtb master card debit,usually the one dey giv all out

Thanks... Someone mentioned here a few days ago he was having issues with MasterCard, and the customer care agent told him only Visa will work. Just hope it has been resolved. I'm heading to the bank, but not before your response. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
Who sabi how many days DHL shipping dey take
I saw 9-18 days, that's more than a week nah angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2017
willian10:
Who sabi how many days DHL shipping dey take
I saw 9-18 days, that's more than a week nah angry

I have used DHL, It was fast enough 5-6 days, They Deliver to the Address not POSTOFFICE....
Better Tracking...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2017
Kazzonline87:

CEO lei jun,talk to him,he might be of epp,
please someone should please help me talk to him, been active on the thread since before page 100
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2017
pachman:

please someone should please help me talk to him, been active on the thread since before page 100

E no easy oo, 450+ pages by end of the month is the target
Na Seun go buy one for you due the Traffic on you generated. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nuramohammed26: 2:00pm On Mar 06, 2017
LET ME START FROM THE BEGINNING:
I want to buy Mi 5, so I try to use my Gtbank Mastercard to fund my Alipocket. it keeps giving me error ''due to security reasons this purchase can not be completed blah blah blah....'' so I contact Customer care.
they asked me what is the problem & after a lengthy chat, the person asked me if I am using a Mastercard Debit Card which I told him Yes, He then told me that they don't support payment with Mastercard debit anymore, I told him that I know a lot of people using Mastercard debit including my younger brother, he said blah blah blah that they accept VISA card without any problem
so today i went and fund my Access bank acct,which i already have a visa card...I tried funding the aliexpress pocket ($100) again but same error, so now as i am writing this post I am also chatting with the CC and this is what they say bello:
Aliexpress CC: Thank you for contacting AliExpress. My name is Kendra. I appreciate the chance to assist you. May I have your name please?
me:nura mohammed
CC:How can I help you today?
me:I wanted to fund my aliexpress pocket but i keep getting ''due to security reasons this purchase can not be completed blah blah blah....'
CC:What payment method are you using?
me:Mastercard Debit card
cc:We do not accept that card
cc:We currently support the following: Visa credit / debit card, MasterCard credit, maestro card and American Express.
me:that's what I was told by one of your Co-worker on saturday...so just now I use my VISA card but it keeps giving me errors
cc:Due to the latest economic policy of your government, credit and debit cards issued in Nigeria are not supported to make international transactions on foreign sites, so I am sorry to tell you that your card is not supported to pay on Aliexpress.
cc:You are warmly advised to pay through Western Union or Bank Transfer for non-promotional orders whose price exceed 20 USD.
cc:For more payment methods, please kindly refer to https://icshall.alipay.com/hall/cateQuestion.htm?ccateId=457&pcateId=444&categoryId=457&language=en_US
cc:I sincerely hope above information can help you.
me:how then can i purchase stuffs from aliexpress
cc:You are warmly advised to pay through Western Union or Bank Transfer for non-promotional orders whose price exceed 20 USD.
me:okay
cc:Would you like to know how to pay western union or bank transfer?
me:pls kindly refer me to the above process
cc:Which do you prefer?
me:bank transfer
cc:blah blah blah
me:how about western union??
me: thank you.
me:bye
Kazzonline87:

Dia is no wahala involved,its all for ya own safety,wot exactly is d issue,talk to us,we can epp u out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BluePearls(m): 2:06pm On Mar 06, 2017
This is serious. The want to put us on a long thing. Choi, been dreaming to get the Mi Note 2
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 2:22pm On Mar 06, 2017
Dam5reey:

I have used DHL, It was fast enough 5-6 days, They Deliver to the Address not POSTOFFICE....
Better Tracking...
I pray I receive mine this week, that was the reason I used DHL, I thought the average delivery period is 4 days
I just ordered this morning, the seller hasn't shipped yet
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 2:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
nuramohammed26:
I want to buy Mi 5, so I try to use my Gtbank Mastercard to fund my Alipocket. it keeps giving me error ''due to security reasons this purchase can not be completed blah blah blah....'' so I contact Customer care.
they asked me what is the problem & after a lengthy chat, the person asked me if I am using a Mastercard Debit Card which I told him Yes, He then told me that they don't support payment with Mastercard debit anymore, I told him that I know a lot of people using Mastercard debit including my younger brother, he said blah blah blah that they accept VISA card without any problem
so today i went and fund my Access bank acct,which i already have a visa card...I tried funding the aliexpress pocket ($100) again but same error, so now as i am writing this post I am also chatting with the CC and this is what they say bello:
Aliexpress CC: Thank you for contacting AliExpress. My name is Kendra. I appreciate the chance to assist you. May I have your name please?
me:I wanted to fund my aliexpress pocket but i keep getting ''due to security reasons this purchase can not be completed blah blah blah....'
cc:We currently support the following: Visa credit / debit card, MasterCard credit, maestro card and American Express.
me:that's what I was told by one of your Co-worker on saturday...so just now I use my VISA card but it keeps giving me errors
cc:Due to the latest economic policy of your government, credit and debit cards issued in Nigeria are not supported to make international transactions on foreign sites, so I am sorry to tell you that your card is not supported to pay on Aliexpress.
cc:For more payment methods, please kindly refer to https://icshall.alipay.com/hall/cateQuestion.htm?ccateId=457&pcateId=444&categoryId=457&language=en_US
cc:I sincerely hope above information can help you.
me:how then can i purchase stuffs from aliexpress
me:okay
cc:Would you like to know how to pay western union or bank transfer?
me:pls kindly refer me to the above process
cc:Which do you prefer?
me:bank transfer
me:how about western union??
me: thank you.
me:bye
Have you verified your account?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ismailajala: 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2017
nuramohammed26:
cc:Due to the latest economic policy of your government, credit and debit cards issued in

I think something else must be wrong because, I funded my AliExpress pocket last night with GTB MasterCard and I ordered Xiaomi mi 5 with it.
Try funding your Ali pocket, instead of using your your card directly

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sapienman(m): 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2017
willian10:

You sef grin grin
I be xiaomi fan sha cheesy

Me sef.

I dey reason mi 5s or mi 6 when e comot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.