Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,555 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5789) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9272702 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5786) (5787) (5788) (5789) (5790) (5791) (5792) ... (9321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 12:07pm On Aug 27, 2019
madgoat:

Baba na your network. I downloaded mine just now in less than 30minutes.
Airtel 4G rocks grin
Lol I agree. Airtel 4G is superb but the way they suck my data eehn. I don't understand again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shidof(m): 12:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
Sam2310:
I just got this Redmi7 for a friend via Noobody the Oga at the top, continue the good work.
how much bro??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2019
madgoat:

Baba na your network. I downloaded mine just now in less than 30minutes.
Airtel 4G rocks grin

Download mine less than 5min
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by waleyp(m): 12:20pm On Aug 27, 2019
this one that i have not gotten any update on my redmi7 since ... still on 10.3.1
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sam2310(m): 12:35pm On Aug 27, 2019
shidof:
how much bro??
49k with freebies 3/32
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dakid9(m): 12:39pm On Aug 27, 2019
olayinkajnr:

What's your font name please? And which theme are you using?
cool dark v10 -theme moby aisoo - font name
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HolyTitus(m): 12:47pm On Aug 27, 2019
BoleAndFish:
It was even around 300+mb before and I didn't download. Only to check later and saw 638
Tor, ki update shi di ara e mu na nigbayen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HolyTitus(m): 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
olayinkajnr:

You updated from 10.3.0 or 10.2.9 that's why.
I've not updated it before
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2019
Dakid9:

i didn't receive it but i had a way around it

RN7 users that cant wait for the 10.3.9 update(global rom) notification,read...(saw the walk around on mi comm,and it worked)

change your region to 'Morocco',the update will popup,update, and return back to nigeria when you are done.

my experience:
i didn't receive the update normally too, after i read about changing region,i just tried it out and to my surprise the update poped up after i changed region to morocco, so to test well,i changed back to nigeria,and the update disappeared again....so i changed back to morocco, updated, and set my region back to nigeria. grin cheesy
how is the update? hope battery juice still last?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:01pm On Aug 27, 2019
HolyTitus:
mine brought 1.6 gig update - same 10.3.4 ooo

You are probably updating for the first time.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2019
HolyTitus:
I've not updated it before

That's why.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dakid9(m): 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2019
Mfunkynation:

how is the update? hope battery juice still last?
no noticeable change as of yet,still observing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shidof(m): 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2019
Sam2310:
49k with freebies 3/32
okay. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2019
Elslim:
Redmi8A..... 5000mah shocked shocked

God bless ALHAJI LEI
they should not tell me that A series screen size is going 6inch+ ohhh angry
Btw
My people how una dey oo..been a while
(For those who cares)Also,my vlogging accessories don land post office after 29days,ordered through daddy Noobody.
I had to drop the gimbal due to insufficient fund,but I will get another one(the electronic own)later on
Now its phone for filming and editing that remain
Still thinking of a name for the channel, name that have been in my head for a while now is

RURAL TECHer grin grin
What do you guys think?

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2019
If the owners of this thread catch you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrGokay(m): 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2019
Dakid9:

i didn't receive it but i had a way around it

RN7 users that cant wait for the 10.3.9 update(global rom) notification,read...(saw the walk around on mi comm,and it worked)

change your region to 'Morocco',the update will popup,update, and return back to nigeria when you are done.

my experience:
i didn't receive the update normally too, after i read about changing region,i just tried it out and to my surprise the update poped up after i changed region to morocco, so to test well,i changed back to nigeria,and the update disappeared again....so i changed back to morocco, updated, and set my region back to nigeria. grin cheesy

Mad o

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
It showed update before but now I just try to update its gone...am on India region cos of font

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2019
HolyTitus:
Tor, ki update shi di ara e mu na nigbayen
English pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2019
sheggsliveth:
It showed update before but now I just try to update its gone...am on India region cos of font

Change to Nigeria region and update, then go back.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mykelshowz(m): 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Yes you are right. Even the Galaxy A10 is better than the RN7.

Your facts that are on ground are not wrong at all Samsung fan boy.

Abeg, carry yourself comot for here. We know your type. You asked all these stupid questions that a kid will dare not ask just to discredit a brand and claiming you are asking because you want to recommend a phone to a friend. Even your previous comments here show how biased you are.

Las las, go and buy Infinix Hot 7 Pro. It's better than RN7. We don't want to hear you guys pushed to me buy Xiaomi. Leave Xiaomi to the pros and to those that loves value for money.

Who asks a question about update only to delve into comparisons later on?

You are better than this dude.

Do you even mean you've never downloaded a major android update like from android 8 to android 9? Updates that are usually between 1gb and above?

You can lie.

All these unnecessary comparisons don tire us.

A20 ko, A1 ni.
honestly I don't understand why he's making noise.. Me that always install Eu weekly update of 1.6gb eveeyweek nko.. The guy no get better thing talk
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mykelshowz(m): 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2019
mathefaro:
come and take my redmi note 5 AI 4gb/64gb for 42k 08103986669 if interested
omo it's cheap o.. Cheiiii
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
mykelshowz:
honestly I don't understand why he's making noise.. Me that always install Eu weekly update of 1.6gb eveeyweek nko.. The guy no get better thing talk

Infinix have brainwashed some people with 82mb updates with no visible changes

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
mykelshowz:

At all. You suppose don know am na. Check him previous comments. He just like dey show himself and cause unnecessary ruckus.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bendent19: 2:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
veramani31:

Yeah it's better now. Thanks alot for the recommendation. It's very good quality.

Much better than the airdots

I want to buy it. Link me please.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bendent19: 2:30pm On Aug 27, 2019
sheggsliveth:

Mine was like that too. Change it back to Nigeria, then reboot the phone and wait for a few minutes. Then search for updates again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HolyTitus(m): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2019
BoleAndFish:
English pls
make update still hold him body for now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2019
genius43:

Change to Nigeria region and update, then go back.

Still the same bro,No need to update self since my phone is quite alright
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2019
genius43:

30mins for 700mb is way too much for Airtel in my location. My last RN5 update of 505Mb took 5 minutes to download.

Baba i was exaggerating joor. It was sharp sharp.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2019
Gptech:

US $8.89 11%OFF | UiiSii HM9 Hot Selling Wired Noise Cancelling Dynamic Heavy Bass Music Metal In-ear with Mic Earphone for iphone Xiaomi Samsung
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/5ep89JeY

US $6.40 31%OFF | Uiisii original hm9 headphones hot wired noise reduction metal 3.5 mm plug stereo music game sports for iOS Huawei xiaomi phones
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/DghzVkRI

It's cheaper on the second link.

How is that HM9 When compared to Rock Zircon?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Yes you are right. Even the Galaxy A10 is better than the RN7.

Your facts that are on ground are not wrong at all Samsung fan boy.

Abeg, carry yourself comot for here. We know your type. You asked all these stupid questions that a kid will dare not ask just to discredit a brand and claiming you are asking because you want to recommend a phone to a friend. Even your previous comments here show how biased you are.

Las las, go and buy Infinix Hot 7 Pro. It's better than RN7. We don't want to hear you guys pushed to me buy Xiaomi. Leave Xiaomi to the pros and to those that loves value for money.

Who asks a question about update only to delve into comparisons later on?

You are better than this dude.

Do you even mean you've never downloaded a major android update like from android 8 to android 9? Updates that are usually between 1gb and above?

You can lie.

All these unnecessary comparisons don tire us.

A20 ko, A1 ni.

Just today i was discussing about the redmi Band 3 with a colleague of mine. That aside, i have nothing against the Xiaomi brand. Everyone has their opinion and a right to express their individual opinion. As far as it is not libellous, scandolous nor inciteful. I follow this thread more than others. If some guys will say the truth. Other brand users follow this thread. The question now is why? I am not a user of Xiaomi then why? The answer is that i find this thread and its comments interesting. Sometimes reading this thread keeps me company. Now am i wrong to point out issues i see that are alien to what i am used to. I never at any time said that Xiaomi as a brand produces bad devices. I only sought the opinion of users on certain critical faults which had been raised by other users. Please be accommodating
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2019
KngGezy:

Just today i was discussing about the redmi Band 3 with a colleague of mine. That aside, i have nothing against the Xiaomi brand. Everyone has their opinion and a right to express their individual opinion. As far as it is not libellous, scandolous nor inciteful. I follow this thread more than others. If some guys will say the truth. Other brand users follow this thread. The question now is why? I am not a user of Xiaomi then why? The answer is that i find this thread and its comments interesting. Sometimes reading this thread keeps me company. Now am i wrong to point out issues i see that are alien to what i am used to. I never at any time said that Xiaomi as a brand produces bad devices. I only sought the opinion of users on certain critical faults which had been raised by other users. Please be accommodating

Your earlier assertion was very wrong.

I used a Transsion device just once in my entire history of using phones and it was the Tecno Camon CX Air. And during that period I did not less than 5 updates and the smallest was 295 or so megabytes the highest was almost 700mb. And guess they where just security updates and no much visible changes apart from the introduction of ads to their HiOs.

What am trying to drive at, do extensive researchs before attacking. Even if we come to Samsung, the updates are also large, I have used Samsung before. The story is not different for Nokia, OnePlus, Pixels, Huawei, Asus etc.

When you see the changelogs of every update you see reasons why they are large.

Before the introduction of Android one there was developer versions for certain devices and there were security updates every day which was around 30mb when you add it to a month that is less or over 600Mb every month for security updates alone, talk more when other features are added.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5786) (5787) (5788) (5789) (5790) (5791) (5792) ... (9321) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.