Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6762) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9183311 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6759) (6760) (6761) (6762) (6763) (6764) (6765) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 8:14pm On Jan 25, 2020
majortwild:

pls if u have a solution for my issue help me am stuck on fastboot each time i boot my device
Had the same issue a while back

The file you downloaded, unzip it. You'll them see a single file in it with no extension. Right click and select rename, add ".zip" to the file and save.

Now click the file and unzip again. All the necessary folders will appear. Go to the flashing software and select the new folder containing the required folders as sources. It should locate the file.dat automatically.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 8:15pm On Jan 25, 2020
echepops:
Please where can i fix my xiaomi redmi note 8 pro glass cover in lagos? Mine just fell and broke
you can check Raya stores and I think pointek too. But you can order the back from AliExpress
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by majortwild(m): 8:19pm On Jan 25, 2020
akashi01:

The file you downloaded, unzip it. You'll them see a single file in it with no extension. Right click and select rename, add ".zip" to the file and save.

Now click the file and unzip again. All the necessary folders will appear. Go to the flashing software and select the new folder containing the required folders as sources. It should locate the file.dat automatically.

bro pls elaborate cuz i downloaded lots of files the one i have not is a file called miui_OLIVEGlobal_V11.0.4.0.PCNMIXM_cd2b877092_9.0 about 2gb and its a recovery rom i guess and am downlaoding a fastboot stable rom that i want to use mi flash tool to completly flash the phone and remove the twrp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 8:19pm On Jan 25, 2020
echepops:
Please where can i fix my xiaomi redmi note 8 pro glass cover in lagos? Mine just fell and broke
When I wear a full body pouch for my phone people keep saying they like it plain without a pouch. Won fe kin je gbese cheesy , My pouch thick well well... cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by majortwild(m): 8:21pm On Jan 25, 2020
akashi01:

there are files and folders inside that zip file files like firmware update, boot.img, meta-inf,etc
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:24pm On Jan 25, 2020
veramani31:

E be like you go add ignoring that fella to your compilation thread. How you see am? grin grin
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 8:25pm On Jan 25, 2020
majortwild:

there are files and folders inside that zip file files like firmware update, boot.img, meta-inf,etc
is it a fastboot ROM?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by majortwild(m): 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2020
akashi01:
is it a fastboot ROM?
thats what am saying am jst downloading a fastboot rom now i dont know the one i downloaded before i think its recovery rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 8:31pm On Jan 25, 2020
majortwild:
thats what am saying am jst downloading a fastboot rom now i dont know the one i downloaded before i think its recovery rom
Oh okay. Once you finish downloading the fastboot ROM, follow the procedure above.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:31pm On Jan 25, 2020
IdeeEsperanza:

Thanks bro. I had to stick with the default font and enjoy exquisite themes.

Sorry this is coming late. Thanks

Take a free visa to India, pick a font and come back to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2020
majortwild:
hello guys pls i need help yesterday i rooted my redmi 8 and at first evrthing was fine until few minutes later my wifi my bluetooth and some other things wasnt working fine was saying error so i uninstalled the root and my phone has been stuck on twrp boot i tried to flash the custom rom back but i was confused now i found a rom online now which am downloading it says fast boot rom i was advised to use mi flash tool to flash back the orignal rom i want to ask becuz i downloaded a rom which is miui_OLIVEGlobal_V11.0.4.0.PCNMIXM_cd2b877092_9.0 and i couldnt flash it it says no flash.dat something i saw another rom now written olive global stable image zip is that the orignal rom and can i flash it to resolve my issues pls helppppppppppp

Did you confirm the custom ROM was stable for your device before flashing?

Go to the tweaking thread

CC: GrandMufti, acekid109
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by majortwild(m): 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2020
akashi01:

Oh okay. Once you finish downloading the fastboot ROM, follow the procedure above.

thanks bro so all i need is to download and flash it and the twrp and the stuck at fast boot will be gone abi cuz since today i never smell phone is like am dying

meanwhile bro can u give me a safe way to root my phone pls i have unlocked bootloader na to get a goog twrp and good root software i used magisk i dont know if na the twrp mess up my device abi na magisk
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by majortwild(m): 8:37pm On Jan 25, 2020
genius43:

Did you confirm the custom ROM was stable for your device before flashing?

Go to the tweaking thread

CC: GrandMufti, acekid109

i havnt flashed it yet becuz it couldnt detect flash.dat file i used recovery rom instead of fastboot rom and yes am downloaing the stable global fastboot rom now as i speak
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:37pm On Jan 25, 2020
majortwild:

thanks bro so all i need is to download and flash it and the twrp and the stuck at fast boot will be gone abi cuz since today i never smell phone is like am dying

meanwhile bro can u give me a safe way to root my phone pls i have unlocked bootloader na to get a goog twrp and good root software i used magisk i dont know if na the twrp mess up my device abi na magisk

Magisk have been the best way to rooting Xiaomi phones as for TWRP you have to also check if your phone have officially been ported, older devices like Mi A3 and Mi 9 lite just got officially ported by the TWRP team.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:39pm On Jan 25, 2020
majortwild:

i havnt flashed it yet becuz it couldnt detect flash.dat file i used recovery rom instead of fastboot rom and yes am downloaing the stable global fastboot rom now as i speak

GrandMufti can direct you better. Next time if you want to go the custom ROM route you need a lot of research. XDA DEVELOPERS should be your first stop. You will see official custom ROMs user experiences and then know the best one to use for your device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:40pm On Jan 25, 2020
Kpoka:
Someone should recommend quick charge charger for redmi note 7
Come for Floveme 2000 or Celbro of 1700. My contact ↓ www.nairaland.com/attachments/10580994_img201910192031551_jpegb858a30993d7eeb3270d44d0d193bc2e
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 25, 2020
genius43:

Magisk have been the best way to rooting Xiaomi phones as for TWRP you have to also check if your phone have officially been ported, older devices like Mi A3 and Mi 9 lite just got officially ported by the TWRP team.
it's on XDA it's been ported
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by majortwild(m): 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2020
genius43:

thats what i wasnt sure cuz i got soooo many twrp that i was confused and dont know which to used that i kept flashing up to 3 or 4 difft ones pls assist me in getting a good one
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2020
who has mi note 10for sale
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
majortwild:

Pls bro next time do more research before rooting oiii

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-redmi-8/development/recovery-orangefox-recovery-project-t4032723

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-redmi-8/development/recovery-twrp-xiaomi-redmi-8-t4028151
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2020
wiconse:
oyah them egba awo like Noobody
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:46pm On Jan 25, 2020
wiconse:

BlackArab

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:46pm On Jan 25, 2020
majortwild:

thats what i wasnt sure cuz i got soooo many twrp that i was confused and dont know which to used that i kept flashing up to 3 or 4 difft ones pls assist me in getting a good one

Are you telegram?

If yes join this telegram group remove spaces
Xiaomi Thread Official ��
https:// t. me/xiaomi_thread
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 8:48pm On Jan 25, 2020
majortwild:

Regarding the first question, Yes it will format everything including the TWRP recovery. You also have the option of locking the bootloader in the Mi flash software before flashing the ROM. Its is located at the bottom right.

I have no idea which procedure works for rooting the device. Immediately I encountered same issue I just flashed back miui and never tried it again grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by echepops(m): 8:48pm On Jan 25, 2020
Trex4:
you can check Raya stores and I think pointek too. But you can order the back from AliExpress

Oshey
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by echepops(m): 8:48pm On Jan 25, 2020
akashi01:

Repairpalng fixes screens, not sure about back glass. Contact him

Oshey

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by echepops(m): 8:49pm On Jan 25, 2020
micxwell:
When I wear a full body pouch for my phone people keep saying they like it plain without a pouch. Won fe kin je gbese cheesy , My pouch thick well well... cheesy grin grin

Lol oshey

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2020
akashi01:

Regarding the first question, Yes it will format everything including the TWRP recovery. You also have the option of locking the bootloader in the Mi flash software before flashing the ROM. Its is located at the bottom right.

I have no idea which procedure works for rooting the device. Immediately I encountered same issue I just flashed back miui and never tried it again grin
smart dude.. No stories that touch

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by majortwild(m): 8:52pm On Jan 25, 2020
akashi01:

lol am happy it will remove twrp and fast boot stuck cuz that has been a hell for me but il still find a working twrp cuz am into hacking of games especially Pubg with my indian frnds and rooting is needed

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by majortwild(m): 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2020
akashi01:

but av learnt my lessons becuz i didnt do much research on the twrp and flashed nonsense

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 9:07pm On Jan 25, 2020
atheistandproud:

*In Peter Drury's voice

"Demolition, destruction, Annihilation"
grin He simply ran away with it

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 9:10pm On Jan 25, 2020
sureteeboy:

grin He simply ran away with it

He never quits, he'll be back. Guy never knows when to give up. I think b*tch slapping is in order cos that's all I see him as.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6759) (6760) (6761) (6762) (6763) (6764) (6765) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: blaquemyc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.