Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9355657 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 2:33pm On Dec 04, 2016
I don't want anything that will have to affect my battery

In as much as I like updates, wouldn't take such chances
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 2:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
GrandMufti:

You now remember when I told you 'it takes only one update to wreck your battery?'

Better disable auto-update
But this is nonsense, it's even better they had no updates
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frankyvalll(m): 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2016
Enjoying my china stable rom battery way better than when i was on global stable rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kolomax(m): 2:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
Iamtosignno:
Only you
got it for the family
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dljbd1(m): 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2016
Rozaystunna:
price?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rozaystunna(m): 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
GrandMufti:

From the changelog on the pics you shared, I suggest you Skip the update. It's a mere cosmetic update.
I just updated and it had some changes tho on the notifications
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rozaystunna(m): 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2016
dljbd1:

what of redmi3?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:07pm On Dec 04, 2016
Mofetemi:

OKAY! I have calmed my nerves with your feedback. I have equally checked the link you provided, thus i will await OTA for subsequent top-up/major updates. I despise manual flashing! In a nutshell, thank you.

Is there no one who can help me with new RN2 Prime cases/pouches?
I have one but reside in Warri.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:11pm On Dec 04, 2016
Rozaystunna:
should i?
This update ruined my battery performance, anyway Friday is not far again grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
Mofetemi:
Since I bought (Dec, 2015) my Redmi Note 2 Prime (china stable rom miui 7 android 5), it was just couple of days ago that i received my first OTA update (miui cool ever and i did the update immediately. I must confess, Miui 8 is a worthy update compare to Miui 7. Now, this miui 8 is still on Lollipop, does it mean the forth coming (or already released) miui 9 will be on Nougat/Lollipop for Redmi Note 2 Prime? Lest I forget, I need new cases for this my Redmi. Who can help?
Nope, still on Lollipop, Xiaomi won't bother updating the Android version of mid rangers, but I seriously prefer updating my miui version to updating my Android version. What I care about is more functions and performance. If they can improve in performance for every update then it would be awesome.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
kolomax:
got it for the family
Ok better happiness for you and them cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dljbd1(m): 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gmajor(m): 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
kolomax:
I just got my phones
How long does it take for phones bought on aliexpress to arrive in Nigeria?
I assumed you bought from aliexpress right?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gptech:

Nope, still on Lollipop, Xiaomi won't bother updating the Android version of mid rangers, but I seriously prefer updating my miui version to updating my Android version. What I care about is more functions and performance. If they can improve in performance for every update then it would be awesome.

Performance can't get any better than it is now until they release MM updates. The higher the miui version, the heavier it's impact on battery life.

The higher the android version, the more optimized is the system performance.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bosseth24:
Plz which of d xiaomi can I get for a range of 30-50k n how do I get it?
Xiaomi redmi 4a
Snapdragon
16gb 2gb

Cc: initialize
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by initialize(m): 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2016
vosquare:

Xiaomi redmi 4a
Snapdragon
16gb 2gb

Cc: initialize

Thanks my guy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by initialize(m): 6:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bosseth24:
Plz which of d xiaomi can I get for a range of 30-50k n how do I get it?

Redmi 4a 45k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kolomax(m): 6:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gmajor:
How long does it take for phones bought on aliexpress to arrive in Nigeria? I assumed you bought from aliexpress right?
no alibaba
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
Mogenerous:
This update might seem pretty cool but I don't want anything that might affect my battery performance
My dear, don't do any update now people are complaining about battery drainage and slow in charging.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2016
GrandMufti:

Performance can't get any better than it is now until they release MM updates. The higher the miui version, the heavier it's impact on battery life.

The higher the android version, the more optimized is the system performance.

Hehehehe, better get a flagship and get what you seek, even in brands like Samsung Android upgrade in midrangers cannot be compared to that in flagships. Have you compared performance of other midrangers on marshmallow to most xiaomi midrangers running kitkat and lollipop? Don't b deceived, never expect good support for any midranger, and I think support from xiaomi is far better than others. Many manufacturers upgraded their midrangers to marshmallow and stopped support, leaving people stranded with bugs.
Again if Xiaomi can upgrade the OS it will be great, but their approach so far by updating Miui instead is better than what any competition offer.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tumiolape: 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
temitimx19:

If u want to change your screen, buy the screen part from Aliexpress.. When it arrives take it to a phone repairer..
I hope this helps
thanks Bro...... This helps..... U made how thinking processes differ in different folks...... Very helpful..... Will do

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BuzzRay(m): 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2016
Wondering why xiaomi doesn't make use of gorilla glasses anymore. Like the one they used on the redmi 2.

humblesteve kindly run a quick drop test for me, with your 3s, leme so hw strong the screen is.cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gmajor(m): 9:07pm On Dec 04, 2016
kolomax:
no alibaba
did you buy in bulk?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:14pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gptech:

Hehehehe, better get a flagship and get what you seek, even in brands like Samsung Android upgrade in midrangers cannot be compared to that in flagships. Have you compared performance of other midrangers on marshmallow to most xiaomi midrangers running kitkat and lollipop? Don't b deceived, never expect good support for any midranger, and I think support from xiaomi is far better than others. Many manufacturers upgraded their midrangers to marshmallow and stopped support, leaving people stranded with bugs.
Again if Xiaomi can upgrade the OS it will be great, but their approach so far by updating Miui instead is better than what any competition offer.

I don't know what you mean by mid-ranger. . Motorola devices of 2013 are running Android N. Letv 1s is also Running on android N, so it's not a matter of how 'expensive'a phone is but if it actually supports such architecture.

There are major security and other improvements in marshmallow not to talk about nougat... It is like using a skinned windows xp all the time with gui and some app upgrades. I love windows xp but time is moving, and it is also unsecure to use an outdated android version. I know that there are security patches for lollipop as well and we recieve them, but everything slowly moves over to marshmallow and nougat. A big company such as xiaomi should understand this and if they want to keep up with other big brands, who also update their os and not just the gui and apps, they need to give us marshmallow minimum. It is possible as we can see from hard working developers at XDA, so xiaomi should also able to do it.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by joesmarty(m): 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2016
pls guys i need a reliable source on aliexpress i can buy xiaomi redmi 3s from. thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
GrandMufti:

I don't know what you mean by mid-ranger. Motorola devices of 2013 are running Android N. Letv 1s is also Running on android N, so it's not a matter of how 'expensive'a phone is but if it actually supports such architecture.

There are major security and other improvements in marshmallow not to talk about nougat... It is like using a skinned windows xp all the time with gui and some app upgrades. I love windows xp but time is moving, and it is also unsecure to use an outdated android version. I know that there are security patches for lollipop as well and we recieve them, but everything slowly moves over to marshmallow and nougat. A big company such as xiaomi should understand this and if they want to keep up with other big brands, who also update their os and not just the gui and apps, they need to give us marshmallow minimum. It is possible as we can see from hard working developers at XDA, so xiaomi should also able to do it.
Bros believe it or not Xiaomi mi max downwards are all mid range phones from xiaomi, you mentioned Motorola, that it almost pure android they use. Motorola does very little tweaking in their os, thus making it easy to dish out updates. Even Samsung can't catch up with Motorola in terms of updates. The LEeco you mentioned have you read reviews? And how many phones does LEeco or Letv has? Up to 10? U see how easy it will be for them to push updates compared to xiaomi . Then again if xiaomi gives you Marshmallow update on your redmi note 3, am sure you will also demand for Nougat. Am yet to see the advantage in performance or whatsoever from those who use redmi note 3 special edition running Marshmallow over those running Lollipop, I stand to be corrected.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:09pm On Dec 04, 2016
joesmarty:
pls guys i need a reliable source on aliexpress i can buy xiaomi redmi 3s from. thanks.
Try xiaomi store or dreami store.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gptech:

Bros believe it or not Xiaomi mi max downwards are all mid range phones from xiaomi, you mentioned Motorola, that it almost pure android they use. Motorola does very little tweaking in their os, thus making it easy to dish out updates. Even Samsung can't catch up with Motorola in terms of updates. The LEeco you mentioned have you read reviews? And how many phones does LEeco or Letv has? Up to 10? U see how easy it will be for them to push updates compared to xiaomi . Then again if xiaomi gives up Marshmallow update on your redmi note 3, am sure you will also demand for Nougat. Am yet to see the advantage in performance or whatsoever from those who use redmi note 3 special edition running Marshmallow over those running Lollipop, I stand to be corrected.

I still want to understand what makes a phone 'mid range'? Is it the processor or battery or the build quality? If your answer is the build quality, ask yourself if the build quality would in any way affect the smooth running of the OS.

You also mentioned Letv having fewer phones. cheesy grin Well does it makes sense to release phones every 3 months without active support for existing ones? Don't blame Letv for having fewer phones.

If Xiaomi stops giving update on their phones, I'll simply move on to other brands. It's just like Dell selling you a laptop with xp at the same price that hp is selling the same laptop with win 10.

You need to lay your hands on a Xiaomi phone running CM 14.1 nougat 7.1. I have used one and my life can never remain the same again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:25pm On Dec 04, 2016
GrandMufti:

I still want to understand what makes a phone 'mid range'? Is it the processor or battery or the build quality? If your answer is the build quality, ask yourself if the build quality would in any way affect the smooth running of the OS.
Never said build quality, its of course the quality of the hardware used which majorly is the processor, of course build quality can be considered much later after considering camera sensors used, connectivity, quality of screen and display, etc. Infact the SD 650 is officially a mid range processor, so what are you driving at? That redmi note 3 is a flagship?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:29pm On Dec 04, 2016
GrandMufti:

You need to lay your hands on a Xiaomi phone running CM 14.1 nougat 7.1. I have used one and my life can never remain the same again.
There you go! You mean custom roms? shocked
Ok port and don't complain later o grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:41pm On Dec 04, 2016
GrandMufti:

If Xiaomi stops giving update on their phones, I'll simply move on to other brands. It's just like Dell selling you a laptop with xp at the same price that hp is selling the same laptop with win 10.
Then you should consider another brand now because you will never get any android upgrade on your device, best you can get is Marshmallow, and see how long you have waited grin You know why? Your device is a midrange device according to Xiaomi, Mi4 has Marshmallow already.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:47pm On Dec 04, 2016
GrandMufti:

You also mentioned Letv having fewer phones. cheesy grin Well does it makes sense to release phones every 3 months without active support for existing ones? Don't blame Letv for having fewer phones.
Yes it does make sense to release phones every three months, ask those enjoying their redmi 3s here. Not everyone can afford even the redmi note 3. That's why no company can match xiaomi in terns of quality to price ratio in the mid range category of phones. And support? Even redmi 2 is very much supported and will likely get miui 9, what do you mean by support? Seriously how many company support devices like xiaomi? Or you prefer just one update (Android update) in your phone's life time that will eventually kill your device's performance. Anyway, no need to complain since you already know the right thing to do. Get the device that suits you cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hartson(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.