Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9177003 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8622) (8623) (8624) (8625) (8626) (8627) (8628) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
kendrick93:
why is the Redmi 10 series unavailable?
Is this company serious at all?

It is on AliExpress, isn't it? You should also know that timeline differs per region. They need to import them in, get approval from NCC before Launch.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Broskyjames: 6:35pm On Sep 08, 2021
Yewandequeen:
I went to their office this morning, I told The engineer that I have someone that collected his phone within 2weeks and he said the crash affects phone differently, some is crashed board, some its to replace the battery etc then he said mine is board. He said they only got one mother board and have used for the phone before mine.
So I still have to wait till they are supplied more board. Another 2weeks or so
The engineer might be right, alas there's hope, just exercise some patient.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Broskyjames: 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
Revelation4:
You don't consider that the ones with fault are the ones with mistakes that are unintended. Are the ones that escaped normality. You prefer to say the cup is half empty than say it's half full, only taking it from the negative view
I sincerely can't grasp what you are on about..The bottom line is that, some are defective while some are not...take it which ever way that rocks your boat, positive or negative.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by killercute16(m): 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
genius43:

Don't do as I told you, be talking with a troll who mostly has no iota of idea of what you are dealing with.

You will be alright Las las
I go do am boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yourfav: 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
Jazzman01:
[/b]

Xiaomi is crazy. Their software engineers are bunch of Amateurs. As bad as Tecno, infinix and itel are, It is very uncommon to hear users complaining about software bugs.

Mine is 9A and The RAM stats, Battery usage stats and Memory usage stats are all incorrect and inconsistent. In addition to that, the 5000mah battery is wack and doesn't last long at all. Sometimes when I power it ON, it gets stucked on the Redmi boot logo until I force it OFF and ON it again. I just pray it doesn't get stucked permanently one of these days. But I will try my best to sell it out before it gets to that stage.
Xiaomi just dey loose guard anyhow
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jecyangel(f): 8:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
genius43:

Yours was Man Made, wasn't it?
Yes oo my dear
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yewandequeen(f): 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
Broskyjames:
The engineer might be right, alas there's hope, just exercise some patient.
What choice do I have Than to wait, they should she fix it so I can sell it off and bygone to headache
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kendrick93(m): 9:01pm On Sep 08, 2021
genius43:

It is on AliExpress, isn't it? You should also know that timeline differs per region. They need to import them in, get approval from NCC before Launch.
Approval again?
But the phones have been in the market for some time before they ran out of stock..
Do they really need another Ncc approval?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 9:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
kendrick93:
Approval again?
But the phones have been in the market for some time before they ran out of stock..

Why didn't you buy when it was stock?

You either have to wait or buy from ali
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ZedFX(m): 9:42pm On Sep 08, 2021

Hello
Greetings to all bosses in the house.

I'm planning on getting a Redmi note 9 pro tomorrow.

So I appreciate if I can get the following information

Known Issues and Complains

Performance and camera review

Alternatives if any.

I'll love it from actual experience or encounter.

I wanted buying Samsung A52 but it's way costlier
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Revelation4(m): 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
Jazzman01:

This is exactly what Xiaomi Fanboys do to transsion.........But As for me I can never join them in criticising transsion products especially infinix because I have never encountered any issues with them. The last one I used was hot 5 and the battery life was too good. I used it for almost three years with no issues at all before I sold it. I wanted to get hot 8 after my pleasant experience with the hot 5 but I said let me try Xiaomi, I never knew that I was going to regret my decision.
I'm using Redmi now, last I used Umidigi, before it was Tecno and all of it have been good to me. I don't banter phone brands because I'm a fan of any phone brand that has served me well
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hansomb: 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
ZedFX:

Hello
Greetings to all bosses in the house.

I'm planning on getting a Redmi note 9 pro tomorrow.

So I appreciate if I can get the following information

Known Issues and Complains

Performance and camera review

Alternatives if any.

I'll love it from actual experience or encounter.

I wanted buying Samsung A52 but it's way costlier
Don't be faster than your shadow.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ZedFX(m): 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
hansomb:

Don't be faster than your shadow.
Explain sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hansomb: 10:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
ZedFX:

Explain sir
Wait when you get the device and u discover any problem then you can ask for help.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ZedFX(m): 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2021
hansomb:

Wait when you get the device and u discover any problem then you can ask for help.
I just want to know incase it's a bad road

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lovelybugs(f): 10:41pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hello. Please where can someone get a Redmi note 10 pro 6gb 128gb version in Lagos?

I noticed it's quite scarce.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kmaster007: 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2021
*first option redmi note 10 or redmi note 9pro...

*Second option redmi note 10 or redmi note 10s

*Third option redmi note 10 or redmi note 10 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joshkid(m): 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
macbeyland:

It's now available
when are you going to have redmi note 10 pro in stock?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Playermayweda(m): 12:25am On Sep 09, 2021
Jazzman01:

Better? How? Check-out infinix Zero series and tell me how Redmi is better.

Come on man check their specs compared to redmi of the same price on Gsmarena, Zero series really got nothing on redmis
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:53am On Sep 09, 2021
kendrick93:
Approval again?

When did they Launch Redmi 10 in Nigeria?

Note: Redmi 10 series is different from Redmi Note 10 series. Don't get it twisted
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by missiles: 3:29am On Sep 09, 2021
Playermayweda:

Come on man check their specs compared to redmi of the same price on Gsmarena, Zero series really got nothing on redmis

Guy you get time oo, after teach him how to put food for mouth as well.
For the fact that an individual is comparing transsion devices and xiaomi devices is enough yardstick to recommend serious and urgent brain check on such individual because many are mad but few are roaming. Where you wan start to dey compare? Where? I mean where? Haba!!! Can you compare light and darkness? Nonsense and ingredients.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 7:51am On Sep 09, 2021
Playermayweda:

Stop wasting your time. That guy is a paid marketer

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 8:27am On Sep 09, 2021
Jazzman01:
[/b]

Xiaomi is crazy. Their software engineers are bunch of Amateurs. As bad as Tecno, infinix and itel are, It is very uncommon to hear users complaining about software bugs.

Mine is 9A and The RAM stats, Battery usage stats and Memory usage stats are all incorrect and inconsistent. In addition to that, the 5000mah battery is wack and doesn't last long at all. Sometimes when I power it ON, it gets stucked on the Redmi boot logo until I force it OFF and ON it again. I just pray it doesn't get stucked permanently one of these days. But I will try my best to sell it out before it gets to that stage.

There are some things you need no understand, which if you had had the common sense to decipher earlier, you wouldn't be here disgracing yourself.

1. Transsion users don't complain of bugs because they are naive, average consumers who don't even know what a bug is

2. Most — if not all — Transsion smartphones will last their time with the software they came with. That is, they won't get a software update, which their complacent users who don't know what they're missing out on are okay with.
And you and I know pre-insralled software is almost always the best

3. Software updates are usually a hit/miss for most Android smartphone companies. Take Samsung for example: their Galaxy A52 5G users are complaining over battery drain since the last update, while others claim they aren't experiencing anything of such

4. That an update brought bugs doesn't mean they wouldn't be fixed with another update. That's what Samsung, Xiaomi, and other renowned brands who don't want retrogression provide to their esteemed customers: they keep pushing more updates to address where they've erred, and, most of the time, they eventually get it right.

The bottom line is, as a consumer, the ball is in your court in deciding whether to move forward with flourishing brands or languish in pain and retrogression with soon-to-be-extinct brands.

Stick or twist, na you get your life. Na your own wahala be that.

18 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 8:50am On Sep 09, 2021
[s]
Mustiboy:

There are somethings you need no understand, which if you had had the common sense to decipher earlier, you wouldn't be here disgracing yourself.

1. Transsion users don't complain of bugs because they are naive, average consumers who don't even know what a bug is

2. Most — if not all — Transsion smartphones will last their time with the software they came with. That is, they won't get a software update, which their complacent users who don't know what they're missing out on are okay with.

3. Software updates are usually a hit/miss for most Android smartphone companies. Take Samsung for example: their Galaxy A52 5G users are complaining over battery drain since the last update, while others claim they aren't experiencing anything of such

4. That an update brought bugs doesn't mean they wouldn't be fixed with another update. That's what Samsung, Xiaomi, and other renowned brands who don't want retrogression provide to their esteemed customers: they keep pushing more updates to address where they've erred, and, most of the time, they eventually get it right.

The bottom line is, as a consumer, the ball is in your court in deciding whether to move forward with flourishing brands or languish in pain and retrogression with soon-to-be-extinct brands.

[/s]

All this long gibberish just to defend Xiaomi? You must be jobless. Quote me with the summary because I didn't bother to read that long nonsense you wrote up there. I have better things to do with my time.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrifindorHouse(m): 8:57am On Sep 09, 2021
Jazzman01:
[s][/s]

All this long gibberish just to defend Xiaomi? You must be jobless. Quote me with the summary because I didn't bother to read that long nonsense you wrote up there. I have better things to do with my time.

Lol.. no u don't... This is ur job.

15 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 9:03am On Sep 09, 2021
GrifindorHouse:

Lol.. no u don't... This is ur job.

cheesy grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 11:05am On Sep 09, 2021
Mustiboy:

There are some things you need no understand, which if you had had the common sense to decipher earlier, you wouldn't be here disgracing yourself.

First paragraph is wrong on so many levels. You just lump people together like that without any research other than the anecdotal evidence you have. Wow.

Hehehe wahala for who no get money to buy Xiaomi and Redmi for una oh

Which brands are going extinct please? Really curious to know.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 11:07am On Sep 09, 2021
Hi everyone. For those having issues with Poco M3 and Redmi 9T phones refusing to turn on, I was able to get some scoop from someone who owns the Poco M3 and had the same challenge. He was kind enough to; spill the beans about how he recovered his phone, and he also gave me permission to share same here. This interaction took place on a telegram group, by the way.
Please read the write up in the images below if you're experiencing similar problems. Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by RuneKingThor: 11:33am On Sep 09, 2021
naijasensei:
Hi everyone. For those having issues with Poco M3 and Redmi 9T phones refusing to turn on, I was able to get some scoop from someone who owns the Poco M3 and had the same challenge. He was kind enough to; spill the beans about how he recovered his phone, and he also gave me permission to share same here. This interaction took place on a telegram group, by the way.
Please read the write up in the images below if you're experiencing similar problems. Thanks.
Xiaomi should have recalled both units since their are faulty from factory. At least that will save them form bad reviews.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 11:46am On Sep 09, 2021
naijasensei:

Ken, so na you be Naijasensei? Omo cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kendrick93(m): 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2021
genius43:

When did they Launch Redmi 10 in Nigeria?

Note: Redmi 10 series is different from Redmi Note 10 series. Don't get it twisted
The note10 too has been missing for some time in the market

(1) (2) (3) ... (8622) (8623) (8624) (8625) (8626) (8627) (8628) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AlphaNugget(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.