Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9190414 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8623) (8624) (8625) (8626) (8627) (8628) (8629) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GeoSilYe(f): 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2021
Hey guys

I didn't know that you can't record calls on the Xiaomi note 9s until now.(I even tried screen recording) so i went online and found out that it isn't available on the global phones. Apart from getting apps to record is there any other way?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2021
kendrick93:

The note10 too has been missing for some time in the market

Production has been stopped
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2021
GeoSilYe:
Hey guys

I didn't know that you can't record calls on the Xiaomi note 9s until now.(I even tried screen recording) so i went online and found out that it isn't available on the global phones. Apart from getting apps to record is there any other way?

Update your google dailer app, but it will inform the other party that you are recording the calls in compliance with EU Rules.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GeoSilYe(f): 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
genius43:

Update your google dailer app, but it will inform the other party that you are recording the calls in compliance with EU Rules.

Even without data connection?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Revelation4(m): 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
naijasensei:
Hi everyone. For those having issues with Poco M3 and Redmi 9T phones refusing to turn on, I was able to get some scoop from someone who owns the Poco M3 and had the same challenge. He was kind enough to; spill the beans about how he recovered his phone, and he also gave me permission to share same here. This interaction took place on a telegram group, by the way.
Please read the write up in the images below if you're experiencing similar problems. Thanks.
I knew the ones with issues are on 12.0.9 and below. Mine came with 12.0.10 and now updated to 12.0.11. so it's understandable that I experience not even a glitch before and after the update

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Playermayweda(m): 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
missiles:

Guy you get time oo, after teach him how to put food for mouth as well.
For the fact that an individual is comparing transsion devices and xiaomi devices is enough yardstick to recommend serious and urgent brain check on such individual because many are mad but few are roaming. Where you wan start to dey compare? Where? I mean where? Haba!!! Can you compare light and darkness? Nonsense and ingredients.

Lmao grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GeoSilYe(f): 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2021
genius43:

I just did. Still the same
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2021
Revelation4:
I knew the ones with issues are on 12.0.9 and below. Mine came with 12.0.10 and now updated to 12.0.11. so it's understandable that I experience not even a glitch before and after the update
I've received the updated for 12.0.15 but I'm yet to update. I need reviews first

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ebubemg(m): 2:10pm On Sep 09, 2021
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2021
Ebubemg:
Guys
Pls what's the market price for
Poco f3 8/256gb
Poco x3 pro 8/256gb
Note 10 pro 6/128gb

Thread store
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adesvelte: 2:35pm On Sep 09, 2021
I use a redmi 9A and it's a whole mess
Trends on This place made me opt for It in April but now I regret
Would have gone for Samsung A03 instead
Whenever I have extra money, will sell it off. I still have the receipt and everything intact

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2021
Mustiboy:

Ken, so na you be Naijasensei? Omo cheesy

We meet again. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 2:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
RuneKingThor:

Xiaomi should have recalled both units since their are faulty from factory. At least that will save them form bad reviews.

I agree.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2021
GeoSilYe:

Even without data connection?

Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2021
Adesvelte:
Whenever I have extra money, will sell it off. I still have the receipt and everything intact

The thread store is there when you are ready to sell.

No one hyped Redmi 9A as an excellent phone, so I don't know where you get your trends from.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2021
GeoSilYe:

I just did. Still the same

It will come in due time.

Meanwhile you can opt for third party solutions like Cube ACR Pro or True Phone dailer premium.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
Adesvelte:
There's no Samsung that you'd buy at that price that wouldn't be a worse mess.

You buy phone of 40k come here dey make noise.

Go and sell it and let us breath.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2021
Mustiboy:

There's no Samsung that you'd buy at that price that wouldn't be a worse mess.

You buy phone of 40k come here dey make noise.

Go and sell it and let us breath.

E say Na trends how many times dem don mention Redmi 9A for here.

Personally if I am getting phones of that Caliber it is as a secondary device not a daily driver.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
genius43:

E say Na trends how many times dem don mention Redmi 9A for here.

Personally if I am getting phones of that Caliber it is as a secondary device not a daily driver.

Saw that part; just chose to ignore.

I was wondering when Redmi 9A was ever a trend. Phone wey be say some people dey buy for their kids to use, he's expecting it to run like a machine.

Perhaps, 40k was such a huge investment for him and he expected too much.

Can't judge.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2021
naijasensei:

We meet again. grin

cheesy

Na you Juwon beat 10-4 for group? You fall hands.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kolardzy(m): 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
Adesvelte:

Redmi 9A should be considered as a secondary device.
You shouldn't expect more than that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WhatCanIsay(m): 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
Mustiboy:

Saw that part; just chose to ignore.

I was wondering when Redmi 9A was ever a trend. Phone wey be say some people dey buy for their kids to use, he's expecting it to run like a machine.

Perhaps, 40k was such a huge investment for him and he expected too much.

Can't judge.

You have already judged.

Not carrying brief for the guy, but when he talked about buying because of trending, he is by implication talking of general hype for the brand. The hype ain't misplaced generally though.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 4:14pm On Sep 09, 2021
Auskyd:

First paragraph is wrong on so many levels. You just lump people together like that without any research other than the anecdotal evidence you have. Wow.

Hehehe wahala for who no get money to buy Xiaomi and Redmi for una oh

Which brands are going extinct please? Really curious to know.

But it's the truth. Go to YouTube, have you seen any big YouTuber reviewing Tecno or Infinix phones? Except paid. Go to MKBHD or even MrWhoseTheBoss YouTube page and see if they ever make mention of transsion devices. It's no oversight. Only average phone users or complete novice use transsion phones. E.g my mama. She uses a Tecno camon device. And oh, she loves the phone. Nothing dey carry me near that phone

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2021
WhatCanIsay:

You have already judged.

Not carrying brief for the guy, but when he talked about buying because of trending, he is by implication talking of general hype for the brand. The hype ain't misplaced generally though.

So, if person hype iPhone, make I carry money go buy iPhone 5 and I expect it to perform wonderfully? No na. Na money do am strong thing, no be hype.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kikibanki: 5:07pm On Sep 09, 2021
ityP:

But it's the truth. Go to YouTube, have you seen any big YouTuber reviewing Tecno or Infinix phones? Except paid. Go to MKBHD or even MrWhoseTheBoss YouTube page and see if they ever make mention of transsion devices. It's no oversight. Only average phone users or complete novice use transsion phones. E.g my mama. She uses a Tecno camon device. And oh, she loves the phone. Nothing dey carry me near that phone
oh really...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:10pm On Sep 09, 2021
Mustiboy:

cheesy

Na you Juwon beat 10-4 for group? You fall hands.
I no beat am o. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2021
WhatCanIsay:

You have already judged.

It is misplaced when common sense can't tell you that the hype is based on people's experience with their midrange to high-end phones, not with an entry-level offering that, if we're being honest with ourselves, is still better than similarly-priced offerings from other brands.

Name one device that is better than 9A at that price.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WhatCanIsay(m): 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2021
Mustiboy:

It is misplaced when common sense can't tell you that the hype is based on people's experience with their midrange to high-end phones, not with an entry-level offering that, if we're being honest with ourselves, is still better than similarly-priced offerings from other brands.

Name one device that is better than 9A at that price.
Ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2021
ityP:

So, if person hype iPhone, make I carry money go buy iPhone 5 and I expect it to perform wonderfully? No na. Na money do am strong thing, no be hype.

Apt, the exact scenario.

Expecting iPhone 5 to perform the wonders that you've been hearing from people that iPhones perform.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2021
jboixxx:
I no beat am o. grin

Lol

Not you, boss. It's another group for gaming.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
Kikibanki:
oh really...

That's not an organic review; it's obviously paid, and I'm glad that Marques mentioned from the beginning of the video

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
ityP:

Unbox therapy just reviewed the Phantom X.

And that's a big tech reviewer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8623) (8624) (8625) (8626) (8627) (8628) (8629) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ugwumichael(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.