Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend (27541 Views)

₦360million, Would You Breakup With Bae For $1million, See Reactions(shots) / Man Celebrates Breakup With This Unical Girl, Thanks God Almighty (see Photos) / Why Did You Breakup With Your Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by yunglivochi(m): 12:12am On May 11, 2016
grin nyc 1 tho btw oga ur story too long ooo
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by Flickzvill(m): 12:14am On May 11, 2016
When a guy is so possessive its bcz he loves you with all his heart he doesn't want to see u get hurt he bilivs staying close to him all the time will make u feel safe but u ladies over react acting all wild making him luk like his stalking wen he sees u with anoda guy u want him to he happy ? He will be so mad sometimes u women trigger this tinz but u don't notice he tells u wat to wear bcz he feels u will luk responsible in dat dress except u have one bobo u want to impress so u get mad and start nagging saying shits he tells u not to talk to a particular person bcz he feels dat person is a bad influence but not with your "family" that one is bad but d rest fvck dem see understand your partner most of u don't he loves you o u girls want freedom abi after u get this freedom u go Bleep other guys coming confessing mehn women r just complicated undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by Aluobe1(m): 12:15am On May 11, 2016
I smell a counter thread, probably how to break up with a possessive girlfriend

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:15am On May 11, 2016
smiles
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by noblegrex: 12:19am On May 11, 2016
mysticgal:
I have been in one too, and sometimes it's hard to run, he even threatened to kill himself and I was scared. Finally finally, when I went home, with encouragement from nairalanders, friends and sister, I broke up with him and I thank God I did it at home, far away from him, who knows he would have stabbed or slapped me lipsrsealed
Just today on Facebook, he is celebrating his new chick. Life goes on oh cool

I celebrate my freedom and I personally will leave any restraining relationship, eeven if it means I will be single till I die undecided
hmmm 'Even if it means I will be single till I die'. Bae has it gotten to that..No oo I won't allow that.you aren't going to die SINGLE. hope you too don't have a hand in the break UP sha
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by Brainiacmrtolz(m): 12:20am On May 11, 2016
From some experiences I understand some ladies love it infact they go back to beg guys that had just physically maltreat them
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:22am On May 11, 2016
Flickzvill:
When a guy is so possessive its bcz he loves you with all his heart he doesn't want to see u get hurt he bilivs staying close to him all the time will make u feel safe but u ladies over react acting all wild making him luk like his stalking wen he sees u with anoda guy u want him to he happy ? He will be so mad sometimes u women trigger this tinz but u don't notice he tells u wat to wear bcz he feels u will luk responsible in dat dress except u have one bobo u want to impress so u get mad and start nagging saying shits he tells u not to talk to a particular person bcz he feels dat person is a bad influence but not with your "family" that one is bad but d rest fvck dem see understand your partner most of u don't he loves you o u girls want freedom abi after u get this freedom u go Bleep other guys coming confessing mehn women r just complicated undecided
My brother, indeed women are complicated!

If he doesn't give a damn, she will say he isn't into her.. When he gives a hoot, she calls him dangerously possessive.

She wants to talk with every dudes but when the guy caution her on the danger, she calls him controlling.

She wants absolute freedom and force it down the throat of the man in the name of liberalism. No wonder we have so many single old ladies in our society.

When will our sisters understand to respect the emotions and feelings of their men? What is worse than psycho-emotional torture? Where is the loyalty?

Finally, WHAT DO WOMEN WANT?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by makdcash(m): 12:22am On May 11, 2016
Many girls are guilty of this thats why I can't find their comment....if na broke guys issues now dem go full house.....TRUTH[b][/b]
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by GloriaNinja(f): 12:37am On May 11, 2016
possessive men are mentally unstable and dangerous.

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by Flickzvill(m): 12:38am On May 11, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, indeed women are complicated!

If he doesn't give a damn, she will say he isn't into her.. When he gives a hoot, she calls him dangerously possessive.

She wants to talk with every dudes but when the guy caution her on the danger, she calls him controlling.

She wants absolute freedom and force it down the throat of the man in the name of liberalism. No wonder we have so many single old ladies in our society.

When will our sisters understand to respect the emotions and feelings of their men? What is worse than psycho-emotional torture? Where is the loyalty?

Finally, WHAT DO WOMEN WANT?
ask dem o but its a simple answer they don't know what they want. mixed feelings everywhere

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by DrOkoroafor(m): 12:42am On May 11, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by NRepublic: 12:45am On May 11, 2016
Ladies share your experiences so others can learn

http://videonaija.tv/lady-affairs/
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by professore(m): 12:49am On May 11, 2016
Lastly, I believe most controlling relationships do involve being physical sometimes, report to the police. You decide not to make an arrest but let them be aware of what you are going through. Most importantly, quit the relationship early.

This post is helpful and especially the part I quoted.

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by nelxxy(m): 12:57am On May 11, 2016
mysticgal:
I have been in one too, and sometimes it's hard to run, he even threatened to kill himself and I was scared. Finally finally, when I went home, with encouragement from nairalanders, friends and sister, I broke up with him and I thank God I did it at home, far away from him, who knows he would have stabbed or slapped me lipsrsealed

I celebrate my freedom and I personally will leave any restraining relationship, even if it means I will be single till I die undecided
miss my formal school esut sha.
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by yemisi92: 1:15am On May 11, 2016
Rubbish....
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by BRYIAN99(m): 1:24am On May 11, 2016
Op tell me ooh...
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by Praizekeyz(m): 1:35am On May 11, 2016
mtcheww who get visafone mouth charger?
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by GANJAFARMER: 2:01am On May 11, 2016
Flickzvill:
grin grin Ayaf died.
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by GANJAFARMER: 2:05am On May 11, 2016
I'm in a relationship with a girl who left a possessive relationship and sometimes I see her scars and when she tells me her story I simply told her to live her life abeg.

Most possessive boyfriends has complex , but we like rattling their girls and make them feel insecure the more cheesy shocked

4 Likes

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by Mayflowa(m): 2:06am On May 11, 2016
Flickzvill:

You should learn to give people their space and freedom no matter how much u care for them. You will get tired too if a girl decided to stalk you.

Some love are just abusive. If you hv such tendency, you do need to see a counsellor

8 Likes

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by GANJAFARMER: 2:09am On May 11, 2016
Mayflowa:

You should learn to give people their space and freedom no matter how much u care for them. You will get tired too if a girl decided to stalk you.

Some love are just abusive. If you hv such tendency, you do need to see a counsellor
cheesy nigga got some serious points o. grin

funny enough most girls usually mistook early warning signs of a possessive boyfriend for love, until they are inside like a caged animal....smh

4 Likes

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by majorbravo: 2:29am On May 11, 2016
Flickzvill:

You hit the nail on the head bro. These their so-called possessive boyfriends are just men in love and I will rather call them protective boyfriends. Although some take it too far (physical abuse) and that is not good. But in the case of the protective boyfriend, these same ladies want to eat their cake and have it. They don't want him to cheat, and truly he stays faithful, yet the girls go sleeping around and expect him not to keep tabs on them. Every boyfriend has an idea of what his girlfriend is capable of, but most girls underestimate the power of a man's perception.

Most of the time when your once loving boyfriend suddenly becomes over protective, its not because of insecurity. He sees a lot of things you think you are too smart to cover up. The day you start cheating, your boyfriend knows because it will reflect in your attitude and character towards him. At first, he might love you too much and decide not to confront you about it or doesn't have the evidence at hand to nail you. But what you find is an increased possessiveness.

A little advice for my faithful guys here. B*tch-type girls are never loyal, if you date a B*tch, you are no different from a dude who just got himself a job at the Police, because not a day goes without a crime to fight, guilty or not. So in order to save yourself the stress, either stay single, date a queen or if you must date a b*tch type girl, never date the one you cant bear to see cheat.

Girls that desire freedom, the easiest way a guy would never care what you do is if:
1. He is a cheat himself (player) or you are the side chick: This one is easy, the guy has his own madam or one too many sex partners to bother about your flings.
2. He doesn't plan to marry you in the future: If the guy never even imagined a ring on your finger, he would care less how many Ds have been there now and in the future before he has to wife you, cos he never will.
3. He doesn't love you: You are just his booty call when ever he needs to get laid and he doesn't mind if you play around as long as you are available when he needs to get down.
4. He is not investing in you: From Bride price to School fees to recharge card, the capacity of guys pockets differ, when a guy spends more money on his girlfriend than he can on himself, to him it is an investment, depending on how much he feels he has invested in you, he would become jealous when other guys want to do more than just admire you. Take this example: You go to the market and there is this piece of cloth material that has been hanging outside a store for a long time, no one even takes note of it. You pick it up and spend hours designing, tailoring and embroidering it until it becomes a very wonderful dress, now you keep it outside and people sneak around trying to steal it.

The truth is, a lot of ladies are ungrateful, when you meet most of them, they look plain like that cloth material, when you date her, you brush her up, and she becomes happy and irresistible to other guys that were not admiring her before like a finished product, all of a sudden she starts to think she has outgrown/outclassed you because she is now getting more attention from those same guys that she could not previously even say hi to and get a response. B*tch-type girls go for the highest bidder anytime anyday guys, do not p*mp a girl up if you cant afford to match her new class, when you cant keep up anymore, they move on. If you complain, they say you are insecure or possessive like this post. Take a cue from Tee-bill's situation. No lady wants a man she is better than. The minute she gets ahead, she starts looking for a potential bigger boy.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by GuDErboY(m): 2:33am On May 11, 2016
ivyy:
Being in a possessive relationship is extremely dangerous. When the signs start presenting itself, I believe the affected partner should fight it head on. Do not settle for it and do not give into the other partner. It's either they adjust and accept to love you freely or they don't. And once they dont, you should quit it and move on as fast as you can. Like a poster above me said, life will surely go on. wink
Miss NL has spoken
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by GuDErboY(m): 2:34am On May 11, 2016
mysticgal:

I celebrate my freedom and I personally will leave any restraining relationship, even if it means I will be single till I die undecided
So sincere tho......u na boss.
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by GuDErboY(m): 2:35am On May 11, 2016
Suicide?? For wat now?
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by Nobody: 2:48am On May 11, 2016
halfricanadian:
Swear its killing
cry cry cry cry i hate it with my life body nd soul
There is no joy nothing its pain sorrow heart ache no care
Its evil devilish demonic no sympathy
The love is all lies why hurt d ones u claim u love its a lie
All bou dis relationship is painful very very painful cry cry
I hate it
Hi dear, I've been noticing your posts on nairaland for a while. You sound quite hurt. Is everything alright?? May God heal your pain.

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by ThuGnificenX: 2:49am On May 11, 2016
[s]
majorbravo:

You hit the nail on the head bro. These their so-called possessive boyfriends are just men in love and I will rather call them protective boyfriends. Although some take it too far (physical abuse) and that is not good. But in the case of the protective boyfriend, these same ladies want to eat their cake and have it. They don't want him to cheat, and truly he stays faithful, yet the girls go sleeping around and expect him not to keep tabs on them. Every boyfriend has an idea of what his girlfriend is capable of, but most girls underestimate the power of a man's perception.

Most of the time when your once loving boyfriend suddenly becomes over protective, its not because of insecurity. He sees a lot of things you think you are too smart to cover up. The day you start cheating, your boyfriend knows because it will reflect in your attitude and character towards him. At first, he might love you too much and decide not to confront you about it or doesn't have the evidence at hand to nail you. But what you find is an increased possessiveness.

A little advice for my faithful guys here. B*tch-type girls are never loyal, if you date a B*tch, you are no different from a dude who just got himself a job at the Police, because not a day goes without a crime to fight, guilty or not. So in order to save yourself the stress, either stay single, date a queen or if you must date a b*tch type girl, never date the one you cant bear to see cheat.

Girls that desire freedom, the easiest way a guy would never care what you do is if:
1. He is a cheat himself (player) or you are the side chick: This one is easy, the guy has his own madam or one too many sex partners to bother about your flings.
2. He doesn't plan to marry you in the future: If the guy never even imagined a ring on your finger, he would care less how many Ds have been there now and in the future before he has to wife you, cos he never will.
3. He doesn't love you: You are just his booty call when ever he needs to get laid and he doesn't mind if you play around as long as you are available when he needs to get down.
4. He is not investing in you: From Bride price to School fees to recharge card, the capacity of guys pockets differ, when a guy spends more money on his girlfriend than he can on himself, to him it is an investment, depending on how much he feels he has invested in you, he would become jealous when other guys want to do more than just admire you. Take this example: You go to the market and there is this piece of cloth material that has been hanging outside a store for a long time, no one even takes note of it. You pick it up and spend hours designing, tailoring and embroidering it until it becomes a very wonderful dress, now you keep it outside and people sneak around trying to steal it.

The truth is, a lot of ladies are ungrateful, when you meet most of them, they look plain like that cloth material, when you date her, you brush her up, and she becomes happy and irresistible to other guys that were not admiring her before like a finished product, all of a sudden she starts to think she has outgrown/outclassed you because she is now getting more attention from those same guys that she could not even say hi to and get a response. B*tch-type girls go for the highest bidder anytime anyday guys, do not p*mp a girl up if you cant afford to match her new class, when you cant keep up anymore, they move on. If you complain, they say you are insecure or possessive like this post. Take a cue from Tee-bill's situation. No lady wants a man she is better than. The minute she gets ahead, she starts looking for a potential bigger boy.
[/s]

I was wondering Wat was keeping me awake all night until I saw this post.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by cardoctor(m): 3:06am On May 11, 2016
Possessive and controlling girlfriend nko?

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by benideey(m): 3:23am On May 11, 2016
mysticgal:

You won't be single. Just be optimistic. No negative confessions.
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by benideey(m): 3:27am On May 11, 2016
sweetcocoa:
OP, from what I know, paragraphs haven't hurt anyone before, maybe you should try them, will make your article easier to read.

I guess you meant subheadings.
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by Nobody: 3:48am On May 11, 2016
Alima: Hey Sule
Sule: Yeah what's up?
Alima: Don't come 'round here no more, yah here?
Sule: Says who?
Alima: Says me and my friends
Joe: Which f'ng friends? Ama kick your behind.
Alima: Smith, Wesson, Ruger, Glock and Winchester is who

grin

Nuff said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Grandmum Gets Engaged 8 Years After The Death Of Her Husband / Girl On Twitter Demands For Money From Guy Who Asked For Her Number / #WorldVirginityDay: What Is The Significance Of The World Virginity Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.