Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend (27542 Views)

₦360million, Would You Breakup With Bae For $1million, See Reactions(shots) / Man Celebrates Breakup With This Unical Girl, Thanks God Almighty (see Photos) / Why Did You Breakup With Your Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by Holluwatarhyor(m): 3:51am On May 11, 2016
What about a guy that's not possessive but a lecturer is disturbing his girlfriend in School.
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by Nobody: 4:11am On May 11, 2016
Flickzvill:
When a guy is so possessive its bcz he loves you with all his heart he doesn't want to see u get hurt he bilivs staying close to him all the time will make u feel safe but u ladies over react acting all wild making him luk like his stalking wen he sees u with anoda guy u want him to he happy ? He will be so mad sometimes u women trigger this tinz but u don't notice he tells u wat to wear bcz he feels u will luk responsible in dat dress except u have one bobo u want to impress so u get mad and start nagging saying shits he tells u not to talk to a particular person bcz he feels dat person is a bad influence but not with your "family" that one is bad but d rest fvck dem see understand your partner most of u don't he loves you o u girls want freedom abi after u get this freedom u go Bleep other guys coming confessing mehn women r just complicated undecided

I think jealousy is allowed to a good degree. It's just unhealthy when it's become a thing that happens too often, Even with people who your spouse has no significant relationship with.

Why dictate what to wear to her? Best is to advise, with reason, it's her choice

And you don't ask people not to talk to their friends because you think they are bad influence. You could talk to them if you notice any thing you don't like about their friends.

3 Likes

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by ikp120(m): 4:18am On May 11, 2016
majorbravo:

You hit the nail on the head bro. These their so-called possessive boyfriends are just men in love and I will rather call them protective boyfriends. Although some take it too far (physical abuse) and that is not good. But in the case of the protective boyfriend, these same ladies want to eat their cake and have it. They don't want him to cheat, and truly he stays faithful, yet the girls go sleeping around and expect him not to keep tabs on them. Every boyfriend has an idea of what his girlfriend is capable of, but most girls underestimate the power of a man's perception.

Most of the time when your once loving boyfriend suddenly becomes over protective, its not because of insecurity. He sees a lot of things you think you are too smart to cover up. The day you start cheating, your boyfriend knows because it will reflect in your attitude and character towards him. At first, he might love you too much and decide not to confront you about it or doesn't have the evidence at hand to nail you. But what you find is an increased possessiveness.

A little advice for my faithful guys here. B*tch-type girls are never loyal, if you date a B*tch, you are no different from a dude who just got himself a job at the Police, because not a day goes without a crime to fight, guilty or not. So in order to save yourself the stress, either stay single, date a queen or if you must date a b*tch type girl, never date the one you cant bear to see cheat.

Girls that desire freedom, the easiest way a guy would never care what you do is if:
1. He is a cheat himself (player) or you are the side chick: This one is easy, the guy has his own madam or one too many sex partners to bother about your flings.
2. He doesn't plan to marry you in the future: If the guy never even imagined a ring on your finger, he would care less how many Ds have been there now and in the future before he has to wife you, cos he never will.
3. He doesn't love you: You are just his booty call when ever he needs to get laid and he doesn't mind if you play around as long as you are available when he needs to get down.
4. He is not investing in you: From Bride price to School fees to recharge card, the capacity of guys pockets differ, when a guy spends more money on his girlfriend than he can on himself, to him it is an investment, depending on how much he feels he has invested in you, he would become jealous when other guys want to do more than just admire you. Take this example: You go to the market and there is this piece of cloth material that has been hanging outside a store for a long time, no one even takes note of it. You pick it up and spend hours designing, tailoring and embroidering it until it becomes a very wonderful dress, now you keep it outside and people sneak around trying to steal it.

The truth is, a lot of ladies are ungrateful, when you meet most of them, they look plain like that cloth material, when you date her, you brush her up, and she becomes happy and irresistible to other guys that were not admiring her before like a finished product, all of a sudden she starts to think she has outgrown/outclassed you because she is now getting more attention from those same guys that she could not previously even say hi to and get a response. B*tch-type girls go for the highest bidder anytime anyday guys, do not p*mp a girl up if you cant afford to match her new class, when you cant keep up anymore, they move on. If you complain, they say you are insecure or possessive like this post. Take a cue from Tee-bill's situation. No lady wants a man she is better than. The minute she gets ahead, she starts looking for a potential bigger boy.

To control the life of another human being because you buy her "biscuits and chewing gum" is 21st century WITCHCRAFT!
Even God hates it!
Earn her respect and love or let her be. She is not your property.
Advice her, let her choose and respect her choice. If you can't do that, then, leave the relationship because respect is not by force but by choice.

#SayNoToYouMustLoveMeByFireByForce

I REST MY CASE!
THANK YOU!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by sindan: 4:21am On May 11, 2016
Buhari is so useless!!!
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by Nobody: 4:23am On May 11, 2016
I have heard of a very similar experience.

The possessive husband made her quit her job, then insisted she wears the hijab. He monitored her calls so well that, if she calls her mother more than ones in a week he will go all furious and he monitors the duration.

Even female friends were not allowed to call her, she usually end the call with "incase my husband calls you tell him you are a distant cousin " (which he usually call to confirm)

He won't let her step out of the house to buy anything, even to the neighborhood.

She ones wanted to grind bean at the absence of her husband, she knew better than to go out without his consent. Rather than letting her go out to grind the food, he called a bother of his who lived very far to go take the food to the engine.

She ended the marriage after a while.

3 Likes

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by majorbravo: 4:23am On May 11, 2016
ikp120:

To control the life of another human being because you buy her "biscuits and chewing gum" is 21st century WITCHCRAFT!
Even God hates it!
Earn her respect and love or let her be. She is not your property.
Advice her, let her choose and respect her choice. If you can't do that, then, leave the relationship because respect is not by force but by choice.

#SayNoToYouMustLoveMeByFireByForce

I REST MY CASE!
THANK YOU!

And end up like Tee-Billz abi? Keep developing all the girls you picked from scratch for other guys. Girls also need to earn their respect. if they want their man's respect, the b*tch-type girls should stop hopping from bed to bed.

2 Likes

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by 989900: 4:52am On May 11, 2016
undecided

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by henryhemon(m): 5:01am On May 11, 2016
majorbravo:

You hit the nail on the head bro. These their so-called possessive boyfriends are just men in love and I will rather call them protective boyfriends. Although some take it too far (physical abuse) and that is not good. But in the case of the protective boyfriend, these same ladies want to eat their cake and have it. They don't want him to cheat, and truly he stays faithful, yet the girls go sleeping around and expect him not to keep tabs on them. Every boyfriend has an idea of what his girlfriend is capable of, but most girls underestimate the power of a man's perception.

Most of the time when your once loving boyfriend suddenly becomes over protective, its not because of insecurity. He sees a lot of things you think you are too smart to cover up. The day you start cheating, your boyfriend knows because it will reflect in your attitude and character towards him. At first, he might love you too much and decide not to confront you about it or doesn't have the evidence at hand to nail you. But what you find is an increased possessiveness.

A little advice for my faithful guys here. B*tch-type girls are never loyal, if you date a B*tch, you are no different from a dude who just got himself a job at the Police, because not a day goes without a crime to fight, guilty or not. So in order to save yourself the stress, either stay single, date a queen or if you must date a b*tch type girl, never date the one you cant bear to see cheat.

Girls that desire freedom, the easiest way a guy would never care what you do is if:
1. He is a cheat himself (player) or you are the side chick: This one is easy, the guy has his own madam or one too many sex partners to bother about your flings.
2. He doesn't plan to marry you in the future: If the guy never even imagined a ring on your finger, he would care less how many Ds have been there now and in the future before he has to wife you, cos he never will.
3. He doesn't love you: You are just his booty call when ever he needs to get laid and he doesn't mind if you play around as long as you are available when he needs to get down.
4. He is not investing in you: From Bride price to School fees to recharge card, the capacity of guys pockets differ, when a guy spends more money on his girlfriend than he can on himself, to him it is an investment, depending on how much he feels he has invested in you, he would become jealous when other guys want to do more than just admire you. Take this example: You go to the market and there is this piece of cloth material that has been hanging outside a store for a long time, no one even takes note of it. You pick it up and spend hours designing, tailoring and embroidering it until it becomes a very wonderful dress, now you keep it outside and people sneak around trying to steal it.

The truth is, a lot of ladies are ungrateful, when you meet most of them, they look plain like that cloth material, when you date her, you brush her up, and she becomes happy and irresistible to other guys that were not admiring her before like a finished product, all of a sudden she starts to think she has outgrown/outclassed you because she is now getting more attention from those same guys that she could not previously even say hi to and get a response. B*tch-type girls go for the highest bidder anytime anyday guys, do not p*mp a girl up if you cant afford to match her new class, when you cant keep up anymore, they move on. If you complain, they say you are insecure or possessive like this post. Take a cue from Tee-bill's situation. No lady wants a man she is better than. The minute she gets ahead, she starts looking for a potential bigger boy.

Thumbs up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by ikp120(m): 5:17am On May 11, 2016
majorbravo:

And end up like Tee-Billz abi? Keep developing all the girls you picked from scratch for other guys. Girls also need to earn their respect. if they want their man's respect, the b*tch-type girls should stop hopping from bed to bed.

I understand what you're saying. But from the little I know, there's no wrong in developing a girl from the scratch and then another guy marries her. She has a will of her own. That's her choice. At least she won't regret marrying a guy she never wanted to spend the rest of her life with, neither will I regret marrying the wrong person. At least also, I will see her tomorrow rejoicing that I added value to that girl's life.
As am doing that, if she is not mine, then my own is also being developed by another man [maybe her father, mother, friends or whoever].
I also know as much as you do that in every pre-marital relationship one is free to walk away if there's no mutual respect from either or both party(ies). Therefore, if you think or feel that she doesn't deserve your respect, then why not take the exit door and let the poor lady be. It's a win-win end, since you will look for the girl who respects you and who deserves your respect, while she also wait for the next guy knowing fully well that she is not in any relationship.
As for those jumping from bed to bed, they don't deserve any serious guy's time. Once a guy spots such attribute in a girl, he should kind take a walk. Life is so simple, but men make it look like rocket science.

I REST MY CASE!
THANK YOU!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by henryhemon(m): 5:19am On May 11, 2016
We ve to be sincere .....It's wrong to be extremely possessive.....it breeds violence. But the truth about possessive boyfriends is they didn't develop such attitudes all of a sudden,women are manipulative and full of lies, These ladies will cheat and expect their men to be quiet about it and they come here to say he's possessive..........if you re not willing to stay with one man or play by the rules just dont make him feel hes the only one in your Life,that way he will get the message clear,its ladies insincerity that drives them wild,you know the relationship wont lead you guys to anywhere but you still go on and rip him off.....women famous lines is they 're just friends when they 're all b...ing her.

To guys rule no 1 never trust a woman until she has shown she could be trusted even at that no woman is worth all the stress only your wife who is loyal and truely loves you deserves all the attention.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by LordIsaac(m): 5:20am On May 11, 2016
We are in a generation that does not understand the words: commitment and fidelity. No one gets possessive of a disciplined and truthful spouse. However, that is not to say there are no exceptions. I'll recommend we stay single until we are prepared for marriage.

2 Likes

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by Shakur86(m): 5:21am On May 11, 2016
when I was young, we call this kind of story Fabble. lols
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by MADrator: 5:26am On May 11, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
Like Modiba, I'm finally back from NL jail

Are you same person under the moniker "STFUand4kmehard"?
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by henryhemon(m): 5:27am On May 11, 2016
LordIsaac:
We are in a generation that does not understand the words: commitment and fidelity. No one gets possessive of a disciplined and truthful spouse. However, that is not to say there are no exceptions. I'll recommend we stay single until we are prepared for marriage.

Very much so. They always want to eat their cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by HaneefahRN(f): 5:30am On May 11, 2016
Flickzvill:
When a guy is so possessive its bcz he loves you with all his heart he doesn't want to see u get hurt he bilivs staying close to him all the time will make u feel safe but u ladies over react acting all wild making him luk like his stalking wen he sees u with anoda guy u want him to he happy ? He will be so mad sometimes u women trigger this tinz but u don't notice he tells u wat to wear bcz he feels u will luk responsible in dat dress except u have one bobo u want to impress so u get mad and start nagging saying shits he tells u not to talk to a particular person bcz he feels dat person is a bad influence but not with your "family" that one is bad but d rest fvck dem see understand your partner most of u don't he loves you o u girls want freedom abi after u get this freedom u go Bleep other guys coming confessing mehn women r just complicated undecided

It's not about love, they are usually insecure people. Everything should be with moderation, when it's excessive it becomes toxic.
They are the one's that would beat their gfs or wives up for merely greeting a guy or even cos they feel she stared at him for too long. Everything the lady does is being monitored and scrutinized by him, a step out of what he wants is trouble.
Being possessive and controlling of another person's life is NEVER love

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by LordIsaac(m): 5:36am On May 11, 2016
I've tried being there for a lady, until she started seeing it as possessiveness. I ended the so-called relationship to her own amazement and many others. Right now, if I as much as ''date'' a lady, she would be thankful if I as much as remember her full name when next we meet. I don't like the person I've become really, but ''I won't cast my pearl before swine; lest they trample upon it and turn around to rend me....''

7 Likes

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by greatbrian(m): 5:52am On May 11, 2016
Too long to read. In my own word. How to break up with a possessive boyfriend or so. DATE A SOLDIER. and thank me later
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by eyinjuege: 5:54am On May 11, 2016
LordIsaac:
I've tried being there for a lady, until she started seeing it as possessiveness. I ended the so-called relationship to her own amazement and many others. Right now, if I as much as ''date'' a lady, she would be thankful if I as much as remember her full name when next we meet. I don't like the person I've become really, but ''I won't cast my pearl before swine; lest they trample upon it and turn around to rend me....''

Which is quite right. When you meet someone else that you both suit one another, you will let your guards down.

If a relationship becomes too stressful, or anyone thinks they should control the life of another, it's better to just leave. If you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen.

What I've failed to grasp is why some people think relationships are by force.

2 Likes

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by OgeneUkwenu(f): 6:15am On May 11, 2016
Hmm.
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by ucnwafor(m): 6:17am On May 11, 2016
NifemiOlu:

Paragraphs are there but if you mean block paragraphs, I'd do that.
op oya modify and paragraph sharperly......who wanna read diz long episode??

Smh
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by majorbravo: 6:19am On May 11, 2016
ikp120:

I understand what you're saying. But from the little I know, there's no wrong in developing a girl from the scratch and then another guy marries her. She has a will of her own. That's her choice. At least she won't regret marrying a guy she never wanted to spend the rest of her life with, neither will I regret marrying the wrong person. At least also, I will see her tomorrow rejoicing that I added value to that girl's life.
As am doing that, if she is not mine, then my own is also being developed by another man [maybe her father, mother, friends or whoever].
I also know as much as you do that in every pre-marital relationship one is free to walk away if there's no mutual respect from either or both party(ies). Therefore, if you think or feel that she doesn't deserve your respect, then why not take the exit door and let the poor lady be. It's a win-win end, since you will look for the girl who respects you and who deserves your respect, while she also wait for the next guy knowing fully well that she is not in any relationship.
As for those jumping from bed to bed, they don't deserve any serious guy's time. Once a guy spots such attribute in a girl, he should kind take a walk. Life is so simple, but men make it look like rocket science.

I REST MY CASE!
THANK YOU!

I agree with the bolded, the classic b*tch type girls fall in this category. Prevention is better than cure, true. But you and I know taking a walk is easier said than done. Most men that become protective don't take a walk immediately things start to go sour because they hope they can correct the situation, these are men who made the ultimate sacrifice for love they thought was real, and wont quit at the slightest sense of provocation. Still no serious man enters into a relationship with the intention of walking off to the sunset if she turns out to be a b*tch-type. He tries to work it out because he has planned a future with her, that's what a real man would do, but b*tch type girls never get it, they wanna play all day and still expect him to stick around. You are right to walk away, but how many men in love find that easy to do in the twinkle of an eye? Its easier from the outside than from inside, i.e before commitment.

4 Likes

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:20am On May 11, 2016
possessive guys have the tendency to become physically and verbally abusive like my ex,na so the guy land me slap one time,I see stars,i nor remember the last time wey my mama beat me,na from that day I begin dey withdraw till I finally see chance pull slippers from my leg whisk like usain bolt,I nor get body wey man go panel beat o

3 Likes

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by xynerise: 6:24am On May 11, 2016
Women can be possessive too
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by anselm791(m): 6:24am On May 11, 2016
Why would a girl even live in the same house as her bf, cook for him, sleep with him and still thinks he doesn't own her? Sister please stop deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by majorbravo: 6:25am On May 11, 2016
LordIsaac:

henryhemon:
We ve to be sincere .....It's wrong to be extremely possessive.....it breeds violence. But the truth about possessive boyfriends is they didn't develop such attitudes all of a sudden,women are manipulative and full of lies, These ladies will cheat and expect their men to be quiet about it and they come here to say he's possessive..........if you re not willing to stay with one man or play by the rules just dont make him feel hes the only one in your Life,that way he will get the message clear,its ladies insincerity that drives them wild,you know the relationship wont lead you guys to anywhere but you still go on and rip him off.....women famous lines is they 're just friends when they 're all b...ing her.

To guys rule no 1 never trust a woman until she has shown she could be trusted even at that no woman is worth all the stress only your wife who is loyal and truely loves you deserves all the attention.

You took the words right out of my mouth (mind) thumbs up*

2 Likes

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:26am On May 11, 2016
MADrator:

Are you same person under the moniker "STFUand4km.ehard"?
NO sir!
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by 9ja4show: 6:34am On May 11, 2016
Good stuff 0p , but you girls should not use this excuse to be doing whatever you like cos he's not asking where you went to or who called you ..

We will always ask or stay single.

Say no to abusive relationship / both boys and girls.
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by 9ja4show: 6:37am On May 11, 2016
2dugged:
possessive guys have the tendency to become physically and verbally abusive like my ex,na so the guy land me slap one time,I see stars,i nor remember the last time wey my mama beat me,na from that day I begin dey withdraw till I finally see chance pull slippers from my leg whisk like usain bolt,I nor get body wet man go panel beat o

Sorry but you girls re @fault mostimes, You leave all the nice guys for a bad boy cos he got some few notes
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by kaziblake(f): 6:37am On May 11, 2016
mysticgal:
I have been in one too, and sometimes it's hard to run, he even threatened to kill himself and I was scared. Finally finally, when I went home, with encouragement from nairalanders, friends and sister, I broke up with him and I thank God I did it at home, far away from him, who knows he would have stabbed or slapped me lipsrsealed
Just today on Facebook, he is celebrating his new chick. Life goes on oh cool

I celebrate my freedom and I personally will leave any restraining relationship, even if it means I will be single till I die undecided
Thanks God for your life...

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by godfrey01(m): 6:39am On May 11, 2016
Its only a jobless man/boy that will say he wants to kill himself over a girl.... Am i mad.... Who girl epp..
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:42am On May 11, 2016
9ja4show:

Sorry but you girls re @fault mostimes, You leave all the nice guys for a bad boy cos he got some few notes
this one didn't have much notes,just cute
Re: How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend by kaziblake(f): 6:43am On May 11, 2016
Hmmm A possessive boyfriend smiley But is nigerian possessive boyfriends different from their foreign counterpart?
I read romance novels a lot so I get to read about possessive and jealous boyfriends and from what I can deduce I think they are hot and sexy...But it's depends sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Grandmum Gets Engaged 8 Years After The Death Of Her Husband / Girl On Twitter Demands For Money From Guy Who Asked For Her Number / #WorldVirginityDay: What Is The Significance Of The World Virginity Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.