Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly (62089 Views)

Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS / SARS Operatives Shoot Man Wrongly Labeled A Fraudster In Ojota - Pictures / Benjamin Adefemi Ogunbodede Jailed For 40 Years For N177 Million Fraud (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by uboma(m): 7:49pm On May 10, 2016
Luckylife:
God blessing in disguise!

Please tell me, how is this a blessing in disguise? Will the USD1million be tax free? Will this money make up for the youthful years he lost? Everything isnt about money....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Koolking(m): 7:49pm On May 10, 2016
john4reala:
Baba God oooo!!

Abeg Baba God Just pick my call .... incase you are seeing my call and you don't know who is calling...
MY NAME IS : CHUKWUDIEZIGBOTEGWU CHUKWUKADIBIA ..
ADDRESS: ORILE IGANMU LAGOS

Muahahahahahaha!! I have never read anything as funny as this in a long while
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 10, 2016
No money on earth will worth what this man went through
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 10, 2016
Koolking:

Muahahahahahaha!! I have never read anything as funny as this in a long while
thank God I made you to laff not cry .....
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by otiigba1(m): 7:53pm On May 10, 2016
Adekorya:

See this one they shout Baa God ooo..

Are you ready to go to 39years imprisonment and come back to collect 200million naira?
i don't think he is prepared to go to prison for 1 year for that, he only can see the money part of it.

For 39 years by the time he comes out we will all be living in the moon and flying on Rockets grin. Believe me after been to prison i do not wish to go back there again for all the tea in china embarassed
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Kolency(m): 7:53pm On May 10, 2016
Too small but still ok 4 Him. Cos D man must'v lost taste wt d outside world. Who knws if He would'v bin alive till date had it bin He wasn't jailed. Doh innocent on dis specific crime but we dnt knw His lifestyle den. N we all knw(History) hw d 70's was, Racism n all dat. My toht doh
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Tedassie(m): 7:54pm On May 10, 2016
chiefolododo:
E come dey happy? Nonsense
The man con dey vex me sef,sha no be hin fault...he don suffer sotey anytin wey he see...he take am like dat.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by lazeal: 7:57pm On May 10, 2016
Akshow:
Bullsheet! Just one million dollars for forty years? The compensation is very shabby. Forty years of his youthful life was taken for crying out loud! I'm pissed. angry
I was just about to say something like this. 1 million /(365 x 40) = ?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by otiigba1(m): 7:59pm On May 10, 2016
john4reala:
quit 65k job I dey crase..... but by grace of God I just opened a provision shop heavily filled, so my sister will be staying there while I hope for my salary ....
65 k? shocked i am guessing that's in naira, that's like £140, the same amount i paid for a pair of shoe i am sorry to say. embarassed
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 10, 2016
otiigba1:
65 k? shocked i am guessing that's in naira, that's like £140, the same amount i paid for a pair of shoe i am sorry to say. embarassed
you have finished me!!! just take knife and kill me ..
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by yinkslinks(m): 8:02pm On May 10, 2016
Wow God kept him in prison to bless him. maybe he would have die long ago. baba God come answer my call naaa cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Taku555(m): 8:05pm On May 10, 2016
GloriaNinja:
Such thing will never happen in Nigeria.
why? cry
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by harsysky(m): 8:05pm On May 10, 2016
God forgive me for this vulgar word. Thunder fire them!!!

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by deltateam: 8:08pm On May 10, 2016
Luckylife:

May you be imprisoned wrongly for 20 years and be awarded #1 million naira. Oya shout Amen!
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by sixtus3606(m): 8:08pm On May 10, 2016
Peacetemi:
I disagree with you sir. 40years?? If Bill Gates had spent 40 years in jail, and after his release got paid 1million dollars, would he be the billionaire that he is?? They already killed the man's destiny, God save us from such things. Amen!!
YOU MAKE BRAIN...BRO!!
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by otiigba1(m): 8:08pm On May 10, 2016
Tedassie:

Thank you...my thoughts exactly

Imagine being locked up since he was a teenager
yes he could have, but if you have been in an American prison you will know why he would settle for 1 million. He is a broken man who never thought he would ever be free. The idea of prison in the white man's country is to break one's spirit turn one into a helpless emotional wreak. And make one Appreciate a tiny bit of freedom. Esspecially if he was Awaiting execution.

2 Likes

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by kawuh(m): 8:10pm On May 10, 2016
He might not be that rich even if free

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by czarr(m): 8:10pm On May 10, 2016
john4reala:
Baba God oooo!!
People that drives range Rover, Build Duplex, marry wife, born children, have 17 shops in alaba, buy car for their parents, travels around the world, .....My Question is oooo ,

She dem no come out from woman T*TO??

Abeg Baba God Just pick my call .... incase you are seeing my call and you don't know who is calling...
MY NAME IS : CHUKWUDIEZIGBOTEGWU CHUKWUKADIBIA ..
ADDRESS: ORILE IGANMU LAGOS
wow your name,
Doesn't get more Igbo than that grin
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by kokomilala(m): 8:11pm On May 10, 2016
They virtually wasted his youth! The most virile phase of is life was wasted serving jail time, and now $1m to soothe his hurt, Rubbish! But, anyways, he should take the dough.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 10, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
More than 200 million naira. grin Baba God ooo. grin
Nice one, you don calculate the Naira equivqlent sharp sharp
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by otiigba1(m): 8:16pm On May 10, 2016
john4reala:
you have finished me!!! just take knife and kill me ..
you are well funny grin grin grin sorry i didn 't mean to, now you see why i suggested you quit that unpaid job of yours Already.
Me thinks it's very unfair you are been owed your salary
If my boss tries that he will end up paying me 10 times After i ve taken his ass to court. It's illegal to owe people for services provided over here.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by otiigba1(m): 8:18pm On May 10, 2016
FrancisDiote:

Nice one, you don calculate the Naira equivqlent sharp sharp
grin grin grin grin he forgot to minus expences.

2 Likes

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by queenfav(f): 8:22pm On May 10, 2016
Akshow:
Bullsheet! Just one million dollars for forty years? The compensation is very shabby. Forty years of his youthful life was taken for crying out loud! I'm pissed. angry
u get sense..The justice system everywhere is just as flawed as ours in Nigeria.He deserves more..With an education, he could have earned that in 10 years.

2 Likes

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Taryur3(m): 8:26pm On May 10, 2016
1million dollar is too small...after 40yrs?wtf....assuming he was jailed at 18yrs...plus 40yrs...that's 58yrs...am sure this man would have make more than this even if as a factory worker for 40yrs...his benefits and 401k would have be a bomb now.the annoying thing is that he will still pay tax from the $1m.may God console him.He has the right to killed whoever that has sent him to jail on false pretence now.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by UIA04(f): 8:26pm On May 10, 2016
Luckylife:

I don't see this as a blessing. Do you know if he would have mad much more than that if he had not wastes forty years in jail.

You know what they say about time it can not be bought or gained back
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Bullet1234(m): 8:28pm On May 10, 2016
Luckylife:
What is $1 million dollar after spending half of his life in jail? Not worth it tbh
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by otiigba1(m): 8:29pm On May 10, 2016
Taku555:
why? cry
Because nigeria is a Zoo. Some politician will proberbly divert the money in his own pocket and keep the innocent man in prison indefinitely perharps even murdered so as to cover the injustice/corruption/divertion of the money up
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by UIA04(f): 8:29pm On May 10, 2016
Luckylife:

I don't see this as a blessing. Do you know if he would have mad much more than that if he had not wasted forty years in jail.

You know what they say about time it can not be bought or gained back
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 10, 2016
1million dollars can't buy back the wasted years, but you also have to think of the probability (considering it's the US); he might have been killed long ago if he had been a freeman on the street.
So #GodKnowsBest
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by fortunechy(m): 8:31pm On May 10, 2016
just imagine!!America of all pple.....the moni is too pooris ought to be $40million.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 10, 2016
Dude, in that 39 years, we have 468 months. Do your calculation @230/$, that is more than 490 thousand naira every month for 39 years. grin
Adekorya:

See this one they shout Baa God ooo..

Are you ready to go to 39years imprisonment and come back to collect 200million naira?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Explorers(m): 8:33pm On May 10, 2016
VickyRotex:
No amount of money can replace the wasted years.

Oga o. 40 years is a lot. Long before I was even born. embarassed

And I already feel like I've lived for 100 years. undecided

Abi o, a million dollars that some people will make in months.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Imprisoned For Attempting To Meet With 14-Year-Old Girl In UK (Pix) / Nigerian Rotimi Olaleye Found Dead After Night With "Trans" Prostitute in Texas / Uduak Emmanuel Arrested For Drugs In Cyprus, Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.