Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? (25333 Views)

How To Get Your Ex Back After Breaking Up/Divorce / My Fiancée Is Requesting For 500K Before She Can Accept My Wedding Proposal / "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 11, 2016
naijaboiy:
FÜCK!

Why should life be so frustrating for people sometimes.

Op I won't lie to you I'm also confused concerning this your issue but let's see what other people would say that will be helpful.

Lalasticlala over to you.
tell me the truth u commented because you wanna be FTC grin yes or nah

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 11, 2016
Am i your brain
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Youngpo413: 4:54pm On May 11, 2016
Yes
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Michellla(f): 4:54pm On May 11, 2016
all these people quoting the whole post tho undecided

3 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Jchi9876: 4:55pm On May 11, 2016
Sunnycliff:
If he comes back from abroad and finally marry you is he gonna take you along with him? Or will he just keep u in Naija? If you are not sure of this question better accept your Ex back, I don't trust all these guys from abroad!

Devil u no beta pass angel u no no

what if he service am till e knock and overseas bobo marry akata?

na double wahala for dead body
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Iykon1313(m): 4:56pm On May 11, 2016
sweetheart12:
I Need Your Advise Please

I will sincerely appreciate a good advise from you all.

I have been in a relationship for 7 years, in this relationship i was in, the guys father never like me from the day he heard my name. My boyfriend then asked him severally even the mum also asked the dad why he didnt like me, but he was not able to give any reason.

Myself and this my boyfriend has had several breakup due to his father not liking me.

The third time i broke up with him was because he beat me up and left several injury on me. He came back to beg and apologize and all then i accepted him back. A time came when we planed to do our wedding, when his dad heard of it he never supported it. Our Pastors asked him why he never wanted us to be together but still there was no reason given.

After this incident my family said i cant marry him since his father has never accepted me. I was not able to let go cos i was thinking how i will throw away the 7 years of relationship, but not quite long my boyfriend came to me and said he wanted us to breakup since his father wont accept, i cried n cried but at the end i decided to let go.

After 6 months i heard he has done introduction with a girl the father like and all. after a year now the same guy is now calling me saying he wants us to come back together and get married, he said he does not love the girl he was forced to do introduction with by his dad, he said he has told the girl he didnt love her and cant marry her,he also said his dad has accepted that we can get married now. DO I GO BACK TO HIM OR NOT?

During this last breakup we had, i met a very nice guy by name Sammy he has been so nice and good to me, When i and Sammy met it was not up to 6 months before Sammy traveled out of the country. He was supposed to be away from the country for 2 years then he will return and we will do our wedding. Sammy loves me alot, he is a God fearing person but recently he told me he's not sure of his coming home in next 2 years as planed, when i asked him what the new plan is and when he will return home he said he cant say, Sammy still loves me and wants us to be together but i am worried how long i will have wait before he returns. And now my ex boyfriend is saying he wants us to get married. i am just confused.

What do i do please? I need advise please.

If age is still on your side, wait for sammy but if not.... Get a life. Dont go back to 7 years old relationship guy. His father hates u cos he wants u. Well, just ask God.
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by anselm791(m): 4:56pm On May 11, 2016
None of the above jor, I know you deserve more, don't settle for less.

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by free2ryhme: 4:56pm On May 11, 2016
sweetheart12:

I have been in a relationship for 7 years, in this relationship i was in, the guys father never like me from the day he heard my name. My boyfriend then asked him severally even the mum also asked the dad why he didnt like me, but he was not able to give any reason.

Myself and this my boyfriend has had several breakup due to his father not liking me.

The third time i broke up with him was because he beat me up and left several injury on me. He came back to beg and apologize and all then i accepted him back. A time came when we planed to do our wedding, when his dad heard of it he never supported it. Our Pastors asked him why he never wanted us to be together but still there was no reason given.

After this incident my family said i cant marry him since his father has never accepted me. I was not able to let go cos i was thinking how i will throw away the 7 years of relationship, but not quite long my boyfriend came to me and said he wanted us to breakup since his father wont accept, i cried n cried but at the end i decided to let go.

After 6 months i heard he has done introduction with a girl the father like and all. after a year now the same guy is now calling me saying he wants us to come back together and get married, he said he does not love the girl he was forced to do introduction with by his dad, he said he has told the girl he didnt love her and cant marry her,he also said his dad has accepted that we can get married now. DO I GO BACK TO HIM OR NOT?

During this last breakup we had, i met a very nice guy by name Sammy he has been so nice and good to me, When i and Sammy met it was not up to 6 months before Sammy traveled out of the country. He was supposed to be away from the country for 2 years then he will return and we will do our wedding. Sammy loves me alot, he is a God fearing person but recently he told me he's not sure of his coming home in next 2 years as planed, when i asked him what the new plan is and when he will return home he said he cant say, Sammy still loves me and wants us to be together but i am worried how long i will have wait before he returns. And now my ex boyfriend is saying he wants us to get married. i am just confused.

How old are you that u are begging us for advise
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by TYTAN(m): 4:57pm On May 11, 2016
Beating? JUKULUMEZU

Not sure if the second guy will come back>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JUKULUMEZU
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Iko5000: 4:57pm On May 11, 2016
I don't get Nigerian ladies , why stay with men that beat them ? . Any yes its a guy asking the question
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Dumkele1: 4:58pm On May 11, 2016
My 1 cent..... Won't advice u to go back to ur ex. If he can beat you while in a relationship then I'm sorry to say that ure anoda 'shonde' case in the making... As for Mr Yankee, just keep ur mind open, pray, and try to meet new ppl. Also work on improving ur self e.g go back to school... The right person will surely come

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Guyman02: 4:58pm On May 11, 2016
I noticed that the OP has not responded to any of the questions asked and people keep commenting undecided undecided

The fact that Sammy is not sure about when he will be coming back to the country makes him an unserious person despite his show of affection; at least he would have inundated you with plans of how you two can get married and move abroad together no matter how difficult it may seem.

As per your old lover, abandoning you because of his father and quickly getting 'married' to another woman is not a good omen, if he had stayed alone without another woman while trying to sort things out with his father and then coming back to you would have shown his genuine love for you, but he is retracing his step because it did not go as he planned.

Just relax, build up your spirituality and take good care of your personal self, devote yourself to a vocation such as joining a sporting club or choir and acquiring another certificate or skill and try to be a happy and cheerful person and the right guy will show up.
Dont too much in a hurry to get married. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by fikolo: 4:58pm On May 11, 2016
@OP you are still in the single market. Please, wait for the real customer grin

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Vivly(f): 4:59pm On May 11, 2016
You would still be beaten and apologized to and then we'd have one more thread on domestic violence on NL frontpage. Kudos.
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by bobgem001(m): 5:00pm On May 11, 2016
That is why I love my girl. I pray she will not place an option on me for other guys as appeared here.
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Acebar(m): 5:00pm On May 11, 2016
Jentilia:
anger did not even let me finish reading this immediately I read that beating part.
hear me now,if u ever go back to him then know that u are the biggest fo.ol ever in this planet.
I don't really know what is wrong with girls.
Always value yourself and the man that will value you will come along.as for the new guy,he has already told you,he doesn't know when he will be back.#dont put all your eggs in a basket#

#imagine a boyfriend beating me...them never born am that day
have u dated an Aba guy before? see if u do rubbish en go panel beat u wella. as u dey fair so person no go no u again. just pray for the temptation not to reach ur end. but seriously babe u fine oo .my real name is Ace and yours? . grin grin
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Smart2013(m): 5:00pm On May 11, 2016
U need serious prayer better u kneel down and talk to ur God for good ways..
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by abbey621(m): 5:01pm On May 11, 2016
You are in a LOSS-LOSS situation. The first guy has symptoms of an opportunist and would eventually let you down. The second guy hasn't really put his life together not to talk of taking care of another person's life. Speaking solely based on my experience of living abroad, I highly suggest you forget about both of them and move on with your life, you've not reached your destination! Now if love has blinded you and you must make a decision then go by your age. If you are close to 30 or over 30 then stick with the first guy with the condition that his dad must verbally accept you! If you are in your mid 20s or early then I'll say string them both along for 2 years and see which one stays, maybe the 2nd guy would have figured out his plans and things would work out or the first guy might truly be repentant and willing to fight for you!
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by saintfaculty(m): 5:01pm On May 11, 2016
Sweethearth u be Nama grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by ghostwritter(m): 5:01pm On May 11, 2016
sweetheart12:

My sister...Walahi u neva see reach ur bus-stop i.e...u haven't met ur true love who wil be ur 3rd boyfriend

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by knightsTempler: 5:02pm On May 11, 2016
mhizeva:
First of all I don't trust Sammy... because men can be so crafty... I mean what do you know about his business, his earlier lifestyle and what is the real reason why he Travelled. have you done this research....
My dear don't base your heart on love alone.... because no marriage can stand on love alone

Secondly, for your ex.... I will advise you not to go back to him... One reason is that men are strong and vibrant and natural born leaders... If a man cannot stand for himself with the love he has for you and marry you even against his father''s wishes then he is not going to stand for you in much more difficult situations..

Secondly, he gave up on you too quickly, by going to marry another girl.... meaning that his father controls him... If his father hadnt accepted in the end that means he wont have come back for you....

Thirdly, think about the other woman that just got married to him... Thats one reason why you should off him

Fourthly, Wait for a genuine man.... Search the net, read books and you will understand what a real man is made up off my dear....

Love cannot keep a marriage forever... If it could then why are so many american marriages falling apart today after the expensive weddings in which the man professed his love...

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

You made too much sense with this post. Kudos!
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Laraberry: 5:03pm On May 11, 2016
My mind in a piece. #plswearurthinkingcap

mhizeva:
First of all I don't trust Sammy... because men can be so crafty... I mean what do you know about his business, his earlier lifestyle and what is the real reason why he Travelled. have you done this research....
My dear don't base your heart on love alone.... because no marriage can stand on love alone

Secondly, for your ex.... I will advise you not to go back to him... One reason is that men are strong and vibrant and natural born leaders... If a man cannot stand for himself with the love he has for you and marry you even against his father''s wishes then he is not going to stand for you in much more difficult situations..

Secondly, he gave up on you too quickly, by going to marry another girl.... meaning that his father controls him... If his father hadnt accepted in the end that means he wont have come back for you....

Thirdly, think about the other woman that just got married to him... Thats one reason why you should off him

Fourthly, Wait for a genuine man.... Search the net, read books and you will understand what a real man is made up off my dear....

Love cannot keep a marriage forever... If it could then why are so many american marriages falling apart today after the expensive weddings in which the man professed his love...

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by sukkot: 5:05pm On May 11, 2016
forget the first guy. marry sammy. i know what exactly happened to sammy. he is very sincere but he over-exaggerated his ' hammering ' tendencies abroad. people go abroad thinking they will hammer under 2 years. next thing you know ten years has passed and they have not hammered lolzzz. thats whats happening to sammy. 2 years is too small. he needs at least 5 years before he can have enough money to buy you house in nigeria and marry you. and if he is an illegal immigrant abroad just give him at least 10 years lolzzz. so sammy not coming back in 2 years has nothing to do with his love for you, its that 2 years is too short to hammer wink

5 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Stanleywaxy(m): 5:05pm On May 11, 2016
Jentilia:
anger did not even let me finish reading this immediately I read that beating part.
hear me now,if u ever go back to him then know that u are the biggest fo.ol ever in this planet.
I don't really know what is wrong with girls.
Always value yourself and the man that will value you will come along.as for the new guy,he has already told you,he doesn't know when he will be back.#dont put all your eggs in a basket#

#imagine a boyfriend beating me...them never born am that day
Easier said than done .
Seems you don't know that even as most cases of Home violence is going on , some are ready to get into it and die in it .
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Brighfuture(f): 5:06pm On May 11, 2016
A LITTLE PATIENT DEAR...UR PRINCE CHARMING IS ON HIS WAY...U WILL SOON MEET HIM..
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by cherieb2(f): 5:06pm On May 11, 2016
In summary...d two guyz nor follow. Start afresh
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Jentilia(f): 5:06pm On May 11, 2016
Acebar:
have u dated an Aba guy before? see if u do rubbish en go panel beat u wella. as u dey fair so person no go no u again. just pray for the temptation not to reach ur end. but seriously babe u fine oo .my real name is Ace and yours? . grin grin
I really don't know how people date but as for me,anytime a man lays his hands on me is the end of that relationship .and luckily for me anytime,I have never dated a man that beats his woman.
thanks for your compliment wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by vicstar(m): 5:07pm On May 11, 2016
• • • • • Ouch!! undecided relationships can b so complicated at times, obviously your ex is so amateurish lipsrsealed I just can't fathom how u'll stick to dat kinda person for 7yrs WTF shocked
• • • • • Apparently,its because of the way u throw yourself at him and his family datz y ur being treated as trash sad OP life's too short to hang with a man dat can't stand by his decision undecided
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by sukkot: 5:07pm On May 11, 2016
Michellla:
all these people quoting the whole post tho undecided
like really ? wassup widdat ?
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by idnole4(m): 5:08pm On May 11, 2016
@ Op.
How old are you, please?
Which country did Sammy traveled to, and for what purpose?

Your answers to those two questions will determine my advise for you.
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by kelvinclint(m): 5:08pm On May 11, 2016
mhizeva:

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
you should be a marriage councillor.
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Jentilia(f): 5:09pm On May 11, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Easier said than done .
Seems you don't know that even as most cases of Home violence is going on , some are ready to get into it and die in it .
everybody is not the same dear and i am glad you used the word "some".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twitter User Is In Search A Husband For Her Friend / The Most Romantic Statement You Can Tell A Nigerian Babe / If A Girl Walks Up To A Man And Expresses Her Feelings; Is She Cheap Or Brave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.