Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

30secs's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 30secs's Profile / 30secs's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 14 pages)

Science/Technology / Re: 'deathring' Chinese Malware Found Pre-installed On Several Smartphones by 30secs(m): 8:09pm On Dec 10, 2014
Science/Technology / 'deathring' Chinese Malware Found Pre-installed On Several Smartphones by 30secs(m): 8:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
Malware authors are trying hard to create malicious software with more innovative ways to infect victims. A new mobile Trojan horse infection has been discovered by security researchers that comes pre-loaded onto low-cost Chinese-made Android smartphones popular in Asia and Africa.
The trojan, dubbed DeathRing, is a Chinese Trojan that masquerades as a ringtone app and comes pre-installed onto some cheap Android smartphones most popular in Asian and African countries including Vietnam, Indonesia, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, and China.
DeathRing malware app cannot be uninstalled or removed by the end user or by antimalware software because it comes pre-installed in the system directory of the handsets at an unknown point within the supply chain, making the threat even more severe.
WHAT DOES DEATHRING DO?
Though the malware pretends to be a genuine ringtone app, but actually downloads SMS and WAP content from its command-and-control server to the victim’s handset, which gives it potential to phish user’s sensitive data through fake text messages.
"DeathRing might use SMS content to phish victim’s personal information by fake text messages requesting the desired data,"the security firm LookOut wrote in a blog post."It may also use WAP, or browser, content to prompt victims to download further APKs - concerning given that the malware authors could be tricking people into downloading further malware that extends the adversary’s reach into the victim’s device and data."
AFFECTED SMARTPHONE HANDSETS
DeathRing malware pre-loaded on a number of entry-level phones sold by third-tier manufacturers to developing countries and according to the security firm, the handsets affected are:
*.Counterfeit Samsung GS4/Note II
*.A variety of TECNO devices
*.Gionee Gpad G1
*.Gionee GN708W
*.Gionee GN800
*.Polytron Rocket S2350
*.Hi-Tech Amaze Tab
*.Karbonn TA-FONE A34/A37
*.Jiayu G4S – Galaxy S4 clones,
*.Haier H7
*.a i9502+ Samsung clone by an unspecified manufacturer
However, DeathRing is not the first pre-installed mobile malware spotted by the firm. Earlier this year, LookOut discovered another pre-loaded piece of malware calledMouabadon devices sold by retailers in China, India, and the Philippines. Similar to DeathRing, Mouabad is also somewhere pre-loaded in the supply chain and affected predominantly Asian countries.
Business / Re: Tony Elumelu's $100million Commitment Makes Reddit FP. Not So Nice Comments! by 30secs(m): 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
Lol... Na like dat reddit dey jor. Everything's to be made fun of. I jst lowkey jeje no gree point out say we for Africa no poor reach the way dem dey think cos na insult I for chop
Religion / Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by 30secs(m): 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
Churches collecting tithes, offerings and donations, building super markets/shopping complex and universities that charge huge amounts that the average church goer can not afford. Yet they will still refuse to help a member in need or pay tax!!! Bone religion abeg, make we dey use our head sometimes sad

1 Like

Religion / Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by 30secs(m): 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
His money would be refunded as soon as he provides the receipts.
Have you ever paid your tithe? Churches give receipts for tithe payment... Plus the church obviously let him down. No good/true church would refuse to help a member who's in need of help. Most modern churches are a joke! Sorry if it sounds like I'm blaspheming

2 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by 30secs(m): 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
haftob:
He even z some things lyk 'aluwala' wich means ablution and 'salama' wich means to pray in the Islamic way and relating it to sexual activities in the song and we muslims dint do anytin about it wich is very unfortunate.
mumu.. Una for kill the guy abi? Why muslims dey like dis sef?
Education / Re: Top 6 Guarded Vaults In The World by 30secs(m): 9:34pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nigerians sha!! Why e be say na to rob the vaults be the first thing wey come una mind? But the story of who rob those vaults go sweet sha grin

1 Like

Romance / Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by 30secs(m): 12:09pm On Nov 26, 2014
Shey na Tunde abi na Jide i go gree make e date my sister? Awon oloriburuku meji.
Romance / Re: Share Your Bad Kiss Experiences Here by 30secs(m): 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
She must have had a feast of garlic moments before I arrived. I fit use one hand cup her two bobby sef. All in all, twas a terrible experience! **spits**
Romance / Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by 30secs(m): 12:04am On Nov 25, 2014
ivyy:
When he says "am in a relationship but its complicated"

#saynotobeingasidechick# for you will forever remain there.
Lol... But it's true!!!
Romance / Re: Why Do Girls React When Asked"are You A Virgin? by 30secs(m): 10:56am On Nov 16, 2014
sallysalsa:
What is ju-men?
A lot of us react to the question based on experience from our interaction from the opposite sex. At 16 I was a virgin and my bf never believed me because I looked like an oversexed teen.I told my second bf and he said o you think I am a fool.today am 25 still a virgin I didn't bother telling the last couple because they won't believe. I now work hard to create an image of an enlightened woman so my gfs won't think am a novice and the guys around me won't see me as a Liar trying to fool them.
Abeg remember me when you wan auction your virginity.

1 Like

Sports / Re: Vote For Vincent Enyeama As BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2014 by 30secs(m): 2:17pm On Nov 11, 2014
Guys I don do mistake abeg. Na Gervinho I go vote for and they won't allow me change my selection sad
Dating And Meet-up Zone / Re: ? by 30secs(m): 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
Clemz, you sound too desperate sha, there are so many good nd pretty girls in Kogi. I could link you up, but e no go dey like make you waka find babe runs by yourself... Just go out, you go see plenty fine babes for Ajaokuta. Better yet travel down for a sunday service at any good church in KSU. Abi you be handicap ni ;DClemz, you sound too desperate sha, there are so many good nd pretty girls in Kogi. I could link you up, but e no go dey like make you waka find babe runs by yourself... Just go out, you go see plenty fine babes for Ajaokuta. Better yet travel down for a sunday service at any good church in KSU. Abi you be handicap ni
Romance / Re: Handsomeness of Nairaland dudes by 30secs(m): 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2014
Just one pic....
I dey come
Jokes Etc / Re: The Day I Will Never Forget In My Life And Why I Quit Weed by 30secs(m): 12:44am On Oct 24, 2014
bossminded:

Bro weed no folo.. I no smoke again ooo.... I hang boot
bros, see as you dey report the joke like say e happen to you true true... Fear God na!!
Romance / Re: Handsomeness of Nairaland dudes by 30secs(m): 12:09am On Oct 24, 2014
Una just dey feel una sef sha... Shey make we wen no fine go kiill ourself ni?? undecided
Family / Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by 30secs(m): 8:20am On Oct 21, 2014
God dey
Romance / Re: Guys!!! What Are Your Expections When Receiving A Female Visitor by 30secs(m): 10:51pm On Oct 16, 2014
OP babe neva visit me for house before... What should I do now?
Career / Re: What People Should Stop Doing When They Turn 30. by 30secs(m): 10:45pm On Oct 16, 2014
I don't even know what to comment.....
Phones / Re: NEW. Nexus 6 Made By Motorola and Nexus 9 made by HTC by 30secs(m): 7:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
Phones / Re: Google Named Android 5.0 Lollipop by 30secs(m): 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
Booked
Na me be the Landlord of this plot of land now

1 Like

TV/Movies / Re: ONIKOLA Movie By Funmi Fiberesima: An Exposé On Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) by 30secs(m): 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2014
Abeg make one beta pesin borrow me the disc when e watch am finish grin
Romance / Re: My Girl Friend Is Shy Whilst With Me by 30secs(m): 12:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
Op foork her ryt in the poosie... She go begin talk by force.
Celebrities / Re: Between Flavour, Peter Okoye And Iyanya Who Is Hotter And Sexier?(photos) by 30secs(m): 10:47am On Oct 13, 2014
Midehi:

u ar d bitch....he is mor beta,i cant deny him dat...
Calm down grin
Btw happy 'no bra day'!! Hope you've set your tatas free? grin
Education / Re: 48 Barged First Class In UNILORIN! by 30secs(m): 10:18am On Oct 13, 2014
Op, no prize for guessing you weren't among those who 'barged' the first class
Celebrities / Re: Between Flavour, Peter Okoye And Iyanya Who Is Hotter And Sexier?(photos) by 30secs(m): 10:09am On Oct 13, 2014
Midehi:
Not as hotter & sexier dan my man...i wud av post his too bt for privacy sake...my guy is superb

7 Likes

Education / Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by 30secs(m): 9:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
If say na from back dem dey do the list now, I know say KSU for make am.. Yeye school cry
Education / Re: Nigerian Words You Thought Were English by 30secs(m): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
This post has potential sha
Make I kukuma register my name incase....

28 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 14 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.