Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,808 members, 7,862,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:53 PM

Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} (20955 Views)

The Catholic Church May Be Right About Purgatory After All:near Death Experience / Is purgatory real? / Is Purgatory In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 11:09pm On May 15, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Joey150, answer this:

it is unrelated to purgatory so there is no way i can explain purgatory in light of it.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 11:16pm On May 15, 2016
joey150:

it is unrelated to purgatory so there is no way i can explain purgatory in light of it.

Do those verses support the idea of purgatory?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 11:21pm On May 15, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Okay. I don't know what's happening in the passage. I came to learn.

Can you now explain to me? Who is the adversary?

Jesus teaches us, “Come to terms with your adversary or you will be handed over to the judge and thrown into prison. You will not get out until you have paid the last penny.” The word “adversary” is likely a reference to the devil (see the name word for devil in 1 Pet. 5:cool who is an accuser against man (c.f. Job 1.6-12; Zech. 3.1; Rev. 12.10), and God is the judge. If we have not adequately dealt with satan and sin in this life, we will be held in a temporary state called a prison, and we won’t get out until we have satisfied our entire debt to God.
This “prison” is purgatory where we will not get out until the last penny is paid.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 11:28pm On May 15, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Do those verses support the idea of purgatory?
completely very unrelated. Do you need more verses that support purgatory
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 11:30pm On May 15, 2016
joey150:

Jesus teaches us, “Come to terms with your adversary or you will be handed over to the judge and thrown into prison. You will not get out until you have paid the last penny.” The word “adversary” is likely a reference to the devil (see the name word for devil in 1 Pet. 5:cool who is an accuser against man (c.f. Job 1.6-12; Zech. 3.1; Rev. 12.10), and God is the judge. If we have not adequately dealt with satan and sin in this life, we will be held in a temporary state called a prison, and we won’t get out until we have satisfied our entire debt to God.
This “prison” is purgatory where we will not get out until the last penny is paid.

Jesus advises us to "agree" with the adversary. Are we to agree with the devil? Can the Christian and Satan agree on anything?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 11:31pm On May 15, 2016
joey150:
completely very unrelated. Do you need more verses that support purgatory

Are those verses not in clear contrast to the purgatory teaching that we have a part to play in our sanctification?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 11:33pm On May 15, 2016
Joey150, define purgatory again and tell me if these verses agree with that definition

DoctorAlien:

"But this man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of GOD;" Heb. 10:12

"For by one offering He hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified." Heb. 10:14

"And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin." Heb. 10:17-18

"Christ also died for sins once and for all" 1 Pet. 3:18
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 11:34pm On May 15, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Jesus advises us to "agree" with the adversary. Are we to agree with the devil? Can the Christian and Satan agree on anything?
so you did not see the explanation i gave down there?

Come to terms does not neccesarily mean to agree with.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 11:35pm On May 15, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Joey150, define purgatory again and tell me if these verses agree with that definition

1st of all proove to me that They defy purgatory!
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 11:37pm On May 15, 2016
joey150:

But Jesus advises us to "agree" with the adversary. Are we to agree with Satan on anything?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 11:37pm On May 15, 2016
DoctorAlien:

But Jesus advises us to "agree" with the adversary. Are we to agree with Satan on anything?
come to terms with. Is the word i used
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 11:38pm On May 15, 2016
joey150:
1st of all proove to me that They defy purgatory!
I thought you were enlightening me about purgatory?
Define purgatory again and see if those verses agree with the definition.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 11:39pm On May 15, 2016
joey150:

What does "come to terms" with mean?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 11:40pm On May 15, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I thought you were enlightening me about purgatory?

Define purgatory again and see if those verses agree with the definition.
education is over..if after 10 pages you didnt learn any thing i have been saying.. I doubt you ever will.

Now disprove purgatory i have been explaining with your verse. Or forget it.

You seem to not be interested in making points but in objecting to every point made.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 11:40pm On May 15, 2016
DoctorAlien:

What does "come to terms" with mean?
come to terms mean to deal with.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 11:40pm On May 15, 2016
joey150:
come to terms with. Is the word i used

So Christ advises us to come to terms with Satan?

What does it mean to come terms?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 11:42pm On May 15, 2016
joey150:
education is over..if after 10 pages you didnt learn any thing i have been saying.. I doubt you ever will.

Now disprove purgatory i have been explaining with your verse. Or forget it.

You seem to not be interested in making points but in objecting to every point made.

If you cannot prove to me that the whole Bible is in sync with the purgatory teaching, then it is a lie.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 11:43pm On May 15, 2016
joey150:
come to terms mean to deal with.
So, Christ is telling us to deal with Satan while he is with us on the way?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 11:48pm On May 15, 2016
DoctorAlien:

So, Christ is telling us to deal with Satan while he is with us on the way?
Guy go and read my post and answer again.
No dey stress me Abeg. I am not responsible for what you understand.

I referenced verses where the devil was called adversary.
But of course you did not check did you?
You always try to be very petty and smart. If you will not for once try and relate and understand then sorry i cannot keep explaining every of and if in every verse.

Go and look up the verses i referenced about the devil been and adversary and maybe then you would get the clearer picture.
I cant keep up with your shenanigans please.

I know the other guy actually goes to read verses i reference. I doubt you ever do,because you ask the same thing. I tried to avoid this by first asking you to explain. But you had no idea. I have given 3 verses so you dont start your chant of catholic makes things up.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 11:50pm On May 15, 2016
joey150:
Guy go and read my post and answer again. No dey stress me Abeg. I am not responsible for what you understand.
Can't you defend your purgatory teaching again?
Is Christ telling us to agree with Satan?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 12:07am On May 16, 2016
It's astonishing the length people are willing to go in distorting GOD's word to suit the lies they have chosen to believe. sad
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Nobody: 12:20am On May 16, 2016
peter was the first pope and you expect to see it in the bible? it is now a diary right?
[/quote]if it was not recorded how do u know if peter was a pope
so God in his infinite wisdom can do anything..including accidentally entrusting the church to compile his books?!
king Solomon build the temple of God n fell into sin was it by mistake God chose him
[[s]quote]oh really!
if the writings are not inspired then the bible also isn't[/s]. because that was where it was gotten from and compiled by the church. the original manuscript where stored there.
[/quote] Catholic church were compilars not the writers.d compilation of the bible is God's work
enough said please![/quote]
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 6:34am On May 16, 2016
"Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." 1 Cor. 3:13-15.

Syncan, what scene is depicted in the passage above?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 7:47am On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:
"Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." 1 Cor. 3:13-15.

Syncan, what scene is depicted in the passage above?

I have explained this before, but you like going in circus, I will do that now as simple as I can.

1Cor 3:13 - Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. (Judgement)

1cor3:14 - If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. (Heaven)

1cor3:15 - If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire (Purgatory)

1cor3:17 - If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. (Hell fire)

Tell me your own submission if you disagree.

3 Likes

Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Ubenedictus(m): 9:15am On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If you cannot prove to me that the whole Bible is in sync with the purgatory teaching, then it is a lie.
what pasages disagree with purgatory?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Ubenedictus(m): 9:24am On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Are those verses not in clear contrast to the purgatory teaching that we have a part to play in our sanctification?
so u dont need to 'work out ur salvation with fear and trembling'? if a person doesnt cooperate and accept the grace of God he cant be saved. Jesus said 'i stand at the door of ur heart and knock' but we are d ones who must open it frm inside.

God who created us without our consent does not save us without our cooperation.
We all have a role to play, anyone who disagrees make God a liar.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 9:33am On May 16, 2016
solite3:
peter was the first pope and you expect to see it in the bible? it is now a diary right?
if it was not recorded how do u know if peter was a pope
so God in his infinite wisdom can do anything..including accidentally entrusting the church to compile his books?!
king Solomon build the temple of God n fell into sin was it by mistake God chose him
[[s]quote]oh really!
if the writings are not inspired then the bible also isn't[/s]. because that was where it was gotten from and compiled by the church. the original manuscript where stored there.
Catholic church were compilars not the writers.d compilation of the bible is God's work
enough said please!
I never said we were the writers bro.
I stated clearly that we compiled it.
The manuscripts only show evidence and proof that we actually did. Both traditions of the early apostles and writings are held by the church.
We are the root of the Christian faith, because we where chosen to be, it was no coincidence
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Ubenedictus(m): 9:46am On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Who gave the catholic church the right to perpetrate the abominable evil they did in the dark ages?
the funny thing is that it is states laws that are used in trying people not church laws. if there is a law that says a certain sect is dangerous and the state apply d laws, what abominable evil are u now talking about?
let me even ask u a person who kill one person and one who convince an entire community to commit suicide, how will d state punish them?

the albigensis recommended suicide as a good work and told people it is sinful to marry and procreate and then went on to teach other heresies, in my opinion, they were a dangerous sect that could lead to human extinction and the states were right to enact laws against them, and the church was justified. there is hardly anything abominable there.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Nobody: 10:17am On May 16, 2016
joey150:

I never said we were the writers bro.
I stated clearly that we compiled it.
The manuscripts only show evidence and proof that we actually did. Both traditions of the early apostles and writings are held by the church.
We are the root of the Christian faith, because we where chosen to be, it was no coincidence
the Catholic church compiled the bible doesn't make her an authority, the bible remains the true authority, Catholic church holds the traditions of pagans.Catholic church is not the root of Christianity stop losing oga
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 10:25am On May 16, 2016
solite3:
the Catholic church compiled the bible doesn't make her an authority, the bible remains the true authority, Catholic church holds the traditions of pagans.Catholic church is not the root of Christianity stop losing oga
admit or not.. bro fact is fact. we still decide easter celebrations,good friday celebrations and what not.

and you say we do not still lead the whole Christian faith?

well pagans gave you the bible..hmmm,if i where you i would avoid this pagans and go look for the real one.because they cannot be trusted o! at all at all.

believe or not...its you against your own delusions.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 10:31am On May 16, 2016
Matthew: 10. 38. And he that taketh not up his cross, and followeth me, is not worthy of me.

take up your cross and follow me... Jesus had his own cross.. what is yours??
work out your salvation also.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 12:30pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan, define purgatory and see if the following verses agree with the definition

DoctorAlien:

"But this man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of GOD;" Heb. 10:12

"For by one offering He hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified." Heb. 10:14

"And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin." Heb. 10:17-18

"Christ also died for sins once and for all" 1 Pet. 3:18

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

10 Signs You Love Money Too Much / I Have Never Insulted Buhari - Apostle Suleman / Fufeyin Makes Prophecies With Colours, Insignia, Drawings In Cloths (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.