Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,644 members, 7,861,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:19 AM

Manchester City Fan Thread!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Fan Thread!! (342457 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 6:11pm On Nov 28, 2009
If they sack hughes, they could try luring Hiddink who should be available after Russia failed to qualify.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Sauron1: 6:18pm On Nov 28, 2009
Krayola:

Hughes should be fired today. This team isn't improving. There are no signs that they are getting better. NONE.
Who should replace Hughes? No Englishmen, please. . .they are all clueless, bar maybe redknapp

Moyes Hodgson & Hughes are all brilliant managers.
Citeh is not settled yet especially in the defence.

Nobody was saying Ranieri was clueless in 2003, why crucify Hughes.
Toure, Lescott, Bridge are not exactly world class players.
None of em will start for Man Utd
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 28, 2009
Is it just me or is the lower rung of the worst crop of coaches filled with British nationals
Manchester City is a classic case of Management gone wrong. Hughes and his Technical team are entirely at fault here, A complete overhaul is required if they must succeed. I hate to say that its going to get worse over the course of their next 2 games as they face an Arsenal in the Carling cup who's cut for a revenge after their last EPL encounter (pity Van Persie is out injured) and a Chelsea whom (by hook or crook) won't settle for a draw
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

Moyes Hodgson & Hughes are all brilliant managers.

Hughes management prowess is seriously under doubt at the moment. I'm not being equivocal here but the reason for his failure last season was the depth required in his squad. He clearly spelt it out. Now he currently manages the most expensive sets of players in the league who were solely purchased for their pedigree (even though a few come with outrageous price tags). Quote me if i'm wrong but Robinho still holds the record for the highest paid player in the league.
In my opinion, if you manage an Ireland, a Lescott, a SWP, A TEVEZ! Should i go on?, a Toure, an Adebayor, a Robinho or a Shay Given and you still have room for a Santa Cruz and a Bellamy on the bench, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION! 7 draws out of 7 calls for the boot especially when only 2 out of the lot (Liverpool and Aston Villa) are major contenders.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Sauron1: 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2009
arkinses:

Hughes management prowess is seriously under doubt at the moment. I'm not being equivocal here but the reason for his failure last season was the depth required in his squad. He clearly spelt it out. Now he currently manages the most expensive sets of players in the league who were solely purchased for their pedigree (even though a few come with outrageous price tags). Quote me if i'm wrong but Robinho still holds the record for the highest paid player in the league.

How many league games has Robinho played under Hughes this season?

In my opinion, if you manage an Ireland, a Lescott, a SWP, A TEVEZ! Should i go on?,  a Toure, an Adebayor, a Robinho or a Shay Given and you still have room for a Santa Cruz and  a Bellamy on the bench, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION! 7 draws out of 7 calls for the boot especially when only 2 out of the lot (Liverpool and Aston Villa) are major contenders.

His problem is his defence.
Toure and Lescott are waste-pipes. I doubt Toure will start for Man Utd when everyone is fit.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola(m): 7:42pm On Nov 28, 2009
Hughes is shit. The team plays crap. Teams with worse players look more a unit than City. We need to get rid of him ASAP. If we are going to spend all this money we need a coach that knows what the fukc to do with it. If Mourinho wants to come back to England we should just fling money in his direction. Hughes isn't going to take this team anywhere. U have someone as tall as Adebayor in the box and u can't make sure he's getting crosses fed in to him. Too many games that we have lost the lead late in the game. About three or four straight games now. It is disgusting to watch.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Sauron1: 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2009
Krayola:

Hughes is shit. The team plays crap. Teams with worse players look more a unit than City. We need to get rid of him ASAP. If we are going to spend all this money we need a coach that knows what the fukc to do with it. If Mourinho wants to come back to England we should just fling money in his direction. Hughes isn't going to take this team anywhere. U have someone as tall as Adebayor in the box and u can't make sure he's getting crosses fed in to him. Too many games that we have lost the lead late in the game. About three or four straight games now. It is disgusting to watch.

I thought this is the first season all the defence unit are playing together, no?
U can't just bring A-B-C-D together in the defence and expect them to have a chemistry.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

I thought this is the first season all the defence unit are playing together, no?
U can't just bring A-B-C-D together in the defence and expect them to have a chemistry.

LMAO Sauron, and this is why your intelligence begins where our's peak neh? Bagga! tongue
Hughes is unfortunately not a quality coach
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Sauron1: 7:57pm On Nov 28, 2009
arkinses:

LMAO Sauron, and this is why your intelligence begins where our's peak neh? Bagga! tongue
Hughes is unfortunately not a quality coach

U can't just shop and shift defenders and expect them to deliver.
Look around the BIG 4. . . . .All the defenders have spent seasons together, working out the understanding and the team chemistry.
For Hughes. . . . .It's a new defence unit entirely---playing together for the first time this season. U can change 1 or 2 and manage. . . .but the entire back four? Trouble looms.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by slimshay(m): 8:22pm On Nov 28, 2009
Sauron, is it only in defence? Did you see hgow Bullard was running their midfield. after initial gra gra Ireland became tired, De jong didnt even know if he was meant to defend or push for a win.

The togolese was. . . well, the togolese. Santa cruz came in and lacked any impetus going forward. Bellamy touched the ball only once after he came in!!!

It is their whole team, the erronously belived after buying th e deed was done, thanks to appendage riding media bullsh*t.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Sauron1: 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2009
slimshay:

Sauron, is it only in defence?

When the defence is shaky, it affects the whole team.
Going forward, i don't think Man City have performed badly.
They ripped Liverpool to shreds last week and they destroyed Arsenal in August.

It is that defence that needs to tighten up.
Hughes should go to Serbia/Ukraine/Croatia and get 3 top defenders there.
If he gets 2 Vermaelen look-alikes, they will become world beaters.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by slimshay(m): 8:33pm On Nov 28, 2009
Are you really telling me the present man City we are watching now pose an attacking threat going forward? Look beyond the names, they just lack the co-ordination.

If Bullard had been a more technically apt player, Man City would have very well lost today. Their midfield was in-efficient.

Even if they tighten up their defense, you dont win when they dont score goals and it takes just a slip to lose 3 points.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Obi3: 8:35pm On Nov 28, 2009
una they learn work. you either a gunner or a learner.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 29, 2009
Critics will realize now that money can't buy you wins.
Chelsea became a dominant force not because of the money but for the team spirit and drive.

Bring Hughes over to CFC and watch him excel.

It's more than spending millions on players and managers.
If the team lacks synergy it can never perform.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by edoyad(m): 9:06am On Nov 29, 2009
Well atleast we now know the secret. Kolo has a love of records so He's given Mancity one in only his first season. At Arsenal he have us 49 games unbeaten and now He's given city 7 consecutive draws grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by slimshay(m): 9:33am On Nov 29, 2009
Ed, no be small thing oh!!! grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by FBS: 9:54am On Nov 30, 2009
Citeh! What's going on?
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by dayokanu(m): 7:10pm On Dec 02, 2009
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2009
dayokanu:

Robinho Only Fit To Play In The Circus - Franz Beckenbauer

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2009/12/02/1661518/robinho-only-fit-to-play-in-the-circus-franz-beckenbauer

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

He's only alluding to the fact that Robinho is not a team player
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 1:12am On Dec 03, 2009
Next is ManU in the Carling Cup semis.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2009
Citeh 2 - Chelski 1

Moni pass Moni
نقود pass Деньги
Arab pass Russian  grin  grin  grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Sauron1: 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2009
slimshay:

Even if they tighten up their defense, you dont win when they dont score goals and it takes just a slip to lose 3 points.

I am sure you musta changed your stance about Citeh now.
They are as good as any other top club going forward but with lethargic defenders like Bridge, Lescott and Richards, they are bound to slip.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by MssCrackle: 1:44pm On Dec 06, 2009
biina:

Next is ManU in the Carling Cup semis.

Don't push ur luck brother!
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by edoyad(m): 1:51pm On Dec 06, 2009
If man City fire Hughes and bring in someone like Hiddink tomorrow, not only will they win atleast one cup but they'll qualify for the UCL with games to spare. That is provided they don't suffer the kind of injuries Arsenal seem to be plagued with.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola(m): 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2009
I ddidnt watch the game yesterday but I'm downloadin it right now.  cry cry

looked at the table if we win our game in hand we will be eight points behind chelsea. If only we were able to get a win in one or two of those billion games we drew. . . pity.

Happy about the result yesterday tho. Too bad i couldn't watch it live
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by edoyad(m): 2:02pm On Dec 06, 2009
Krayola kid, watch the game and see how talent is going to waste in that sheety side of yours. You need a "real" coach who wants to win, not one who wants to avoid losses.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2009
MssCrackle:

Don't push your luck brother!
Luck? undecided
1. Its the Carling Cup. I doubt SAF will be fielding his first 11, while Citeh will field 12 players if they are allowed.
2. Citeh have revenge on their minds
3. and even when ManU were at full strength and Citeh were missing players like Adebayor, it still took a extra inury minute goal for them to win at old trafford

Citeh will win the Carling Cup.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola(m): 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2009
biina:

Citeh will win the Carling Cup.

[size=18pt]AMEN!![/size] grin That will be one more trophy than Arsenal has seen in the last 5 years. grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by edoyad(m): 6:46pm On Dec 06, 2009
Not even crossed their perennial ass whoopers in the semis but they're already talking of the cup. What did that man call this type of mentality again ?
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by dayokanu(m): 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2009
Of the seven draws if they had lost 3 and won 4 they would be 5 points better than they are today.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2009
dayokanu:

Of the seven draws if they had lost 3 and won 4 they would be 5 points better than they are today.
and if they had won all seven? undecided
Man Citeh have still picked up more points in their first 14 games than your useless bayern did
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by dayokanu(m): 8:54pm On Dec 06, 2009
Citeh 11 points behind leaders Bayern 4 points behind leaders.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (32) (Reply)

Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.