Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (682523 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:31am On Jun 11, 2016
Olabimpesparkle:
Good day everyone, please I just got admission an MBA to St Clouds state university and I got my I20 but on my I20, the program length says 36 months but on the school website MBA should be completed in 16 months. When I mailed the graduate cordinator she said they normally put 36 months for MBA in case I'd like to differ some courses or Incase I decide not to take some courses at a point in time. All in all she said the program length on the I20 is giving me enough time to finish my MBA course in case of unforeseen circumstances, even though I intend to finish the program in 16months.
My problem now is how do I explain to the VO that I'll be doing MBA for 3years? It's usually 2 years or less and I don't know if I am to put 16 months or 36 months on my DS 160.
Can someone please advice me . Your response would be appreciated.

You go for what is on your I20 which is what will reflect on your profile and if VO ask you why 36 months then give the VO that explanation the school gave to you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:32am On Jun 11, 2016
worry359:

Have you ever considered telling the TRUTH![size=10pt][/size]

Why is your first thought or reaction to make up a story and lie to the visa officer?
You have an explanation in writing from your school, present that!
You stand more chance of a rejection by lying than by telling the truth. Visa officers are trained to look out for liars.

Sorry to ask, are you telling this person to put what is on the i20 or the explanation the school gave to him/her?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:38am On Jun 11, 2016
Rheenah:

Wow. When was that? Even with the work program u still pay $5k ...
I wanna knoe, if a new i20 is sent to me will the sevis id be the same? Bc i want to pay my sevis fee and all.

When a new i20 is reissued and sent for applicant in order to correct names or dob, it's same sevis number that will be there and it doesn't change at all

Although some schools change student sevis number when they don't attend for that semester and deferred to another semester
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:41am On Jun 11, 2016
Rheenah:

Please please elaborate. I still dont get it

You can pay sevis fee now before you start filling ds160 or book visa interview appointment.

What you will do it to fill the sevis payment form online and a coupon payment code will be generated for the sevis payment which is very important and it will be fill on the western union quick pay form when making the payment while the confirmation page of the payment coupon will be attached along side with the money order/check for payment as well..

I hope you get my explanation now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jlakeside: 11:44am On Jun 11, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 11:49am On Jun 11, 2016
Holudarey01:

Congratulations.
That means people are trooping to Lagos

+ it's a Saturday, most people book weekdays.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:51am On Jun 11, 2016
Rheenah:
Pls people i need answers sad
1) do i pay sevis fee before completing the ds-160 form or should it be vice versa?
2) i am requesting a new i20. There was a misspelling of name in my old one. Will the sevis id change)
3) if the sevis id wont change, can i pay sevis fee now then wait for the new i20 to arrive before booking an interview. Thank you!

All these questions have been answered...

Tell me are you doubting our answers on the thread
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
plauses:
So I had my Visa Approved this morning,

Here's the transcript

Appointment time 7:30am Abuja Embassy.
I arrived the Embassy by 6am Expecting to have a very long queue. But the crowd wasn't so much.
At 7 am they called us in to do verification and then wait for the VO to arrive.
They arrived at 7:50, and the woman at window 8 had denied everyone she interviewed. I was praying not to go there.
Then I was called and alas Window 8.

Plauses: Good morning ma
VO: Good morning, how do you do?
Plauses: I'm doing good thank you and you? How do you do too?
VO: I'm well. So give me your I-20 and passport
(I handed them over)
VO:so I see you were denied a student Visa about 11 years ago, did you go on to continue your studies?
Plauses: yes I did
VO: so I see you're going to do a Doctorate, what's your highest level of education?
Plauses:I have a bachelors degree
VO: I see you have a graduate assistantship, can you explain how that works?
Plauses: I get a full Tuition Waiver and and annual stipend in exchange for working in Research or As. graduate Assistant.
VO: so who is paying for the balance of your fees?
Plauses: I have savings from working, and my mum is co-sponsoring.
VO: do you know what kind of research you'd be doing?
Plauses: yes I'll be involved in Cancer research, my dad died from a liver cancer a couple of years back and that experience fueled my interest in cancer research.
VO: I see you work, where do you work?
Plauses: I told her my workplace
VO: what do you do:
Plauses: starts explaining (VO interrupts)
VO: Your visa has been approved, you will collect it from this destination in 3 days. Good luck.
Plauses: thank you

Congratulations Bro........ Victory at last God will continue to be with you........ Enjoy ur Stay in US

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
Congratulations on your admission to St.Cloud. You shouldnt be worried about the 36months duration printed on the I-20. My I-20 showed same and I was worried but like members earlier said, its just an extra time-length incase of unforseen circumstances. MS programs are usually 24months so it all depends on you. Btw, I know someone going to St.Cloud too by August. he got his I20 this week. Did you get the $3000 scholarship certificate too? He got that and I think they automatically give international students. I'm also heading to MN. Goodluck in your interview
Olabimpesparkle:
Good day everyone, please I just got admission an MBA to St Clouds state university and I got my I20 but on my I20, the program length says 36 months but on the school website MBA should be completed in 16 months. When I mailed the graduate cordinator she said they normally put 36 months for MBA in case I'd like to differ some courses or Incase I decide not to take some courses at a point in time. All in all she said the program length on the I20 is giving me enough time to finish my MBA course in case of unforeseen circumstances, even though I intend to finish the program in 16months.
My problem now is how do I explain to the VO that I'll be doing MBA for 3years? It's usually 2 years or less and I don't know if I am to put 16 months or 36 months on my DS 160.
Can someone please advice me . Your response would be appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Bobority: 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
@Dot1 please you have a message. Patiently waiting for your reply. thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
Congratulations calfavour You kept speaking success on other members transcripts up until it was your turn and God answered! cheesy Congrats! Congratulations Plauses smiley I didnt know visa interviews are held on saturday

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2016
plauses:
so that's how mine went, have faith in God. Pray about it and just go. He will see you through.

Congratulations bro....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jatsay001: 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2016
The GTB saving Account is still valid for making international payments, but if you have saving and current account with GTB... The payment can only be deducted from current account. That was the problem with my payment until the customer care told me to move my money from my saving to current account.

Therefore, you are good to open saving account with GTB for the purpose of international payment using GTB ATM card.

Diamond customer care told me that they stopped the card for the international payment since May 17th 2016 (temporary). House member should take note of this diamond bank policy

TheTransformer:
Hello, do you know if GTB has stopped their Savings Account ATM/Debit Cards from making international payments/forex transactions? I have a Corporate Account, and they have stopped my Debit cards from making international payments/forex transactions since last year. I am thinking of opening a GTB savings account.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2016
jatsay001:
The GTB saving Account is still valid for making international payments, but if you have saving and current account with GTB... The payment can only be deducted from current account. That was the problem with my payment until the customer care told me to move my money from my saving to current account.

Therefore, you are good to open saving account with GTB for the purpose of international payment using GTB ATM card.

Diamond customer care told me that they stopped the card for the international payment since May 17th 2016 (temporary). House member should take note of this diamond bank policy

Actually it's not only diamond bank, other banks are also doing that like I told you earlier that my Fidelity Bank card too was stopped on June 1st.

So peeps should try and call their respective banks before going ahead to make international withdrawals or payments.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2016
Walspring:

You can pay sevis fee now before you start filling ds160 or book visa interview appointment.

What you will do it to fill the sevis payment form online and a coupon payment code will be generated for the sevis payment which is very important and it will be fill on the western union quick pay form when making the payment while the confirmation page of the payment coupon will be attached along side with the money order/check for payment as well..

I hope you get my explanation now?

Yes yes. Thank you very much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
Walspring:

All these questions have been answered...

Tell me are you doubting our answers on the thread

I didnt see any answers. Just now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 12:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
Walspring:

When a new i20 is reissued and sent for applicant in order to correct names or dob, it's same sevis number that will be there and it doesn't change at all

Although some schools change student sevis number when they don't attend for that semester and deferred to another semester

Tnks. Was a bit confused it will change
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
Holudarey01:

I answered your questions yesternight.

1) No particular order, just make sure you pay your sevis as soon as possible. Normally, if u pay tru western union,it takes 2 business days befr the embassy can confirm your payment.
2) Your sevis id won't change..
3)pay sevis now, then wait for your new i-20 befr you book your visa appointment.
Try put a call across to your school concerning your i-20.
Wish you all the best

Sorry, i didnt know you answered before. Its all clear now. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
Mekurexx:
Congratulations calfavour You kept speaking success on other members transcripts up until it was your turn and God answered! cheesy Congrats! Congratulations Plauses smiley I didnt know visa interviews are held on saturday

My brother Neither did I!
But I had registered at EducationUSA Abuja and they were the ones who told me about the date. I had earlier booked my appointment for 29h June but they asked me to move it forward
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
daaz001:

Congrats bro and welcome to Obamaland. I pray my testimony will also come this very month...IJN.

Amen Bro! I agree with you on that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2016
Rheenah:

Sorry, i didnt know you answered before. Its all clear now. Thank you.
Let's give the thanks to God.
I've heard good reviews about Berea college.
You must be a G to get in wink
Wish you all the best in your interview

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
Rheenah:

Yes yes. Thank you very much

Let's give the thanks to God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
Rheenah:

I didnt see any answers. Just now

Oh okay and that's good..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2016
Rheenah:

Tnks. Was a bit confused it will change

Oh I see but now not confused anymore?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2016
Walspring:

Oh I see but now not confused anymore?

Nah im okay. All thanks to you guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by monsieur2016(m): 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2016
Congrats @plauses

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Olabimpesparkle: 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2016
Mekurexx:
Congratulations on your admission to St.Cloud. You shouldnt be worried about the 36months duration printed on the I-20. My I-20 showed same and I was worried but like members earlier said, its just an extra time-length incase of unforseen circumstances. MS programs are usually 24months so it all depends on you. Btw, I know someone going to St.Cloud too by August. he got his I20 this week. Did you get the $3000 scholarship certificate too? He got that and I think they automatically give international students. I'm also heading to MN. Goodluck in your interview
Thank you. Congratulations to you too .I didn't get the scholarship because MBA students are excluded from the International students scholarship. Your friend going to ST clouds is he on this forum?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2016
Fortissimo:
Congrats calfavour, don4ye et al. It's raining visas grin, can't keep up.

Boss thank you.. How far about PTA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2016
don4ye:

Boss thank you.. How far about PTA?

You're welcome. This is the most painful topic. Well, I'm pushing with a contact at Sterling Bank so I'm hoping that works. Also I hear the flexible exchange rate policy may kick in in a few weeks with the $ trading around N300 which although bad, is better than 350 to 370.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2016
@ plauses

Congrats..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2016
PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS.
Colorado State University (CSU) Fort Collins representative would be visiting Nigeria next week.
If you wanna meet them, contact them via email.
Check the attached screenshots.
It's a very good school.
MODIFIED

On the 12th (tomorrow) from 1-6pm I will be available at:

Sheraton Abuja Hotel

Ladi Kwali Way, Maitama

Abuja PMB143, Nigeria

On the 14th (Tuesday) from 1-6pm I will be available at:

Protea Hotel Victoria Island

Plot 1700, Violet Yough Close,

Victoria Island,

Lagos, NG

Please let me know if you can make it to one of these events!
This is different from the EducationUsa woheva
cc walspring

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2016
Holudarey01:
PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS.
Colorado State University (CSU) Fort Collins representative would be visiting Nigeria next week.
If you wanna meet them, contact them via email.
Check the attached screenshots.
It's a very good school.
sad

Nice info...where you see am? Why you dey frown? You want it to be UC Boulder that's coming abi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.