Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,548 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? (64460 Views)

Can I Cancel An Order Made With Jumiapay? / Help!!!!! I'm About To End My Marriage Plans / Do I Cancel My Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 8:29am On May 17, 2016
95% of Nigeria guys are polygamos in nature. Even the marriage ones including the religious ones they wear that faithfulness face their heart is same. So take your own decision by your self it's only you that can come to conclusion. And pray
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 8:30am On May 17, 2016
95% of Nigeria guys are polygamos in nature. Even the married ones including the religious ones they wear that faithfulness face their heart is same. So take your own decision by your self it's only you that can come to conclusion. And pray
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by SujiAndrew(m): 8:47am On May 17, 2016
Two Kinds of Morality http://www.sujiandrewsblog.tk/2016/05/two-kinds-of-morality.html?m=1
What is the role of morality in our Christian walk?
This post will clarify your doubts about what the true morality is.
Be blessed in the name of our lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by edwin4sure2: 8:47am On May 17, 2016
1st all inform ur guy dat ur frnd is HIV positive,confront ur galfrnd maturedly nd peacefully dat she shuld make way for u.by taken dis 1st step u ll knw wat to do nxt tru dere response
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by bimbo2k10: 9:14am On May 17, 2016
My sis, do u pray at all? If u do then u haven't prayed enuf and if u don't then u need a lot of prayers. Here comes my prayer point for U and after three days that intimacy gadget lady will be like rag b4 ur man. " Anybody who has what u have (i.e female organs ) who urinates the same way u do, who's using those things to cause problem in ur marriage or using those things to attract ur man or uses her unclothedness as u are naked in the prayer to attract him, tell the host of heaven to pour shit and urine on the person. Ur man will see her and run because she will be smelling spiritually. Don't cancel ur marriage. Devil will laf and be happy if u do.
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by MarieSucre(f): 9:59am On May 17, 2016
falseman:

Let's not think the lady herself is a saint

She might not be a saint, but in she is not the one cheating on her fiance with one of her neighbourhood male acquaintance. Stop trying yo use excuse to cover it.
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by coolviv: 10:52am On May 17, 2016
swaggerdgrt:
prayer is d only solutn,dnt underate d power of God cos he can do wonders.am nt sayin cheatin is gud,bt it is beta dan d guy beating her evryday

Hmm so the women wey husband dey carry HIV come meet, wey Don die from Aids, wey outside girlfriend come kill their pikin and come kill even them, these women no dey pray? Why does d bible say children of the light should stay away from children of darkness? Abi can't you pray the darkness away from such children?

Anyway...na 1 life we get...Op do your mind after all na only u go carry the consequence for head. Our own here na to dey hear story...
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by PinketteDawn: 12:14pm On May 17, 2016
ilovemylife:
Good morning everyone, I can't really go through all the mentions but like some of you advice, after work yesterday I drove them to where he is staying to see him because he too has noticed I am not in my best frame of mind and he has been asking me what's wrong with me. We have a long talk about these issues, he was surprise how I get to know, from that to ashamed of himself, and he starting apologizing I told him to say I was hurt will be an understatement and after that I told him what I wanted and this was it, I want a break from this relationship, our traditional wedding put on hold for now because I needed to clear my head and again for him to really think it through and know exactly what he really wanted and if at the end of everything he still want me and I am also ready to continue, then he should cut all ties with any female he has anything to do with. My decision didn't go down well with him, he keeping telling me he doesn't want the break, he doesn't want out traditional wedding put on hold, he wants to spend the rest of his life with me, he will do what I wanted from today.
But my mind is already made up and I stand by what I said, he knows my stand on cheating, I left my previous relationship because of that! Even as I typed this I can't still start the tears from flowing, this morning I am going to see my mum and explain things you her and I pray she will take everything calmly then my siblings and my would be mother in-law. Above all I will do ask many of you asked and put everything in God's hand, all I want is to be happy and I know God will see me through in this difficult situation because I have alot of explanation to give lots of people why my marriage isn't happened as proposed.
Thanks everyone for all the contribution so far, I really appreciate.

You did the right thing my dear. Give it time and keep trusting God. You are a strong and beautiful woman. You deserve to be happy. If it is the will of God, everything will fall into place.
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by karbridals(f): 6:57pm On May 17, 2016
Well, some people might to leave but I wouldn't.. The only problem I see here is that u found out.....if ur heart forgives him,fine but if not move on but do u want to leave him for that man that will never cheat on u?the next man might even be worst than him..so the choice is urs.

quote author=ilovemylife post=45662591]I met a guy of 31 through my elder sister, last year February. He started asking me out but because I just came out of a bad relationship, I told him that I am not yet ready to go into a relationship now but he hanged on until August, by then we had become good friends and we started dating.

But three months into the relationship I noticed that my boyfriend has a thing with a lady that stays in the same street with me, a lady I have known all my life cos we grew up together, I confronted him and he told me that it was just a Fling and nothing more, so I told him to please stop whatever he is doing with the girl because we know each other and he promised too. I trusted him to because I can't be going around checking up on a man old enough to take care of himself. So during his birthday this year, he told me the girl called him to wish him happy birthday and asked him hope she will be getting an invite for the party, so he asked me if he should invite her, I told him he can that I don't have a problem with that. So he invited her for the birthday party and she came for the party and my boyfriend introduced me to her as his girlfriend, in that same party my boyfriend gave me the surprise of my life when he asked me to marry him and I accepted.

We are now planning for our traditional wedding which is coming up July but I was shocked to find out that my husband to be is still sleeping with that same girl because I stumble on their whatsapp chat. I feel like my world is crashing before my very eyes, I am so confused, what should I do. I haven't confronted him yet and I am not ready to because I don't want another series of lies and deceit. This is man that has taken very good care of my financial but what of emotional and again it's not all about money for me because I am not going to be a poor wife. Should I walk out of this relationship and cancel the wedding plans? I am so confused now, because if he truly loves me as he claims, he should be able to respect me, another question I wanted to ask him is this, why that lady.

Please nairalanders, what should I do, confront him or what, I have even discussed this with any of my family member. And since this incident I have been very down, so many thought have been crossing my mind.

NB: will be 27 by August
[/quote]
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by cr80vity(m): 7:02pm On May 17, 2016
someone said marriage will change him....hmmm..my sis look before u leap
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 17, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Yeah, that's true. Most people marry now cos the Society expects it. Even when they know right from courtship their partner isn't right for them, but the pressure to settle down at a particular time or age pushes them to make the wrong choices. Take the OP for example, she is devastated about having a fiance that cheats with an acquittance even few months to the wedding. If she is someone that can't cope with cheating (not easy to cope with), keeps quiet hoping he'll change after marriage and the guy doesn't, then there will be problem, we might just hear about another woman who killed her husband or she lives her life in misery or whatever feeling she has for him dies a natural death while they live together for other reasons or we have another divorce case in town. People tend to marry more for the wrong reasons.

Lolz, I'm.not all experienced and all about marriage issues, but my stand has always been court with your eyes open, of course your brain and ask God for guidance (if you believe). A lot of signs are usually there during courtship which some people overlook for whatever reasons and it ends up coming up to bite them in the butt. I don't understand why a woman would marry someone that had been beating her before marriage or a man with short fused temper would marry a quarrelsome woman. What you won't take or stand during marriage, you reject it during courtship and if the person is not willing to change, move to someone else, not hoping the person will change after marriage, the probability is high the person won't.

Compatibility is important, it's not easy for two people from two different back grounds to come and live together for life or for whatever period they were able to manage themselves. It takes work and selflessness.

So after accepting to see each other as one, the commitment to make things work must be strong. Each party must be ready to play their part to make things work.When there is commitment, they'll find it easier to tackle their issues. Communication is very important.
Then, the couple should keep their affairs private although one shouldn't suffer in silence in a case of a toxic relationship or issues they can't seem to resolve.

Don't let me bore you, the most important steps to me, should be during courtship, then teamwork in marriage.

Lolz, abi o. It's highly discouraging, marriage is losing all those sparkles it had.

Lol, yinmu,Reverend father indeed. Go and marry jo

tongue

Thank you for taking your time to compose this comprehensive and eloquent counter to the prevailing cynicism about the rottenness of the modern-day marriage.

#Bookmarked!.

And of course, the day I become a Reverend Father is the day pigs would become animals of flight cheesy
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by HaneefahRN(f): 7:58pm On May 17, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Thank you for taking your time to compose this comprehensive and eloquent counter to the prevailing cynicism about the rottenness of the modern-day marriage.

#Bookmarked!.

And of course, the day I become a Reverend Father is the day pigs would become animals of flight cheesy

You are welcomesmiley

Lolz, like I don't know that.
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by saaedlee: 3:19pm On May 18, 2016
Greenbullet:
relax she is the Nokia torch light,u are the I phone6.u are wife material she is for banging purpose
Bros, which kind drink you dey take?
MamaNkechi, give am 2 cartons of greenbullet make im take start the evening

1 Like

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Megaideas(f): 7:32pm On May 19, 2016
myguy01:

so because a knife cut your finger, you should throw it away, whats the assurance the next knife wont cut deeper...sometimes letting go isnt the best of solutions. i believe in redemption

God gave us wisdom so we won't disturb him over problems we can solve. Be that as it may, I only aired my view; we all cannot be saying the same thing at the same time. Thank you.
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Mypeople2(m): 8:33pm On May 19, 2016
queenoflafia:
Don't cancel your wedding plans pls.there is no perfect man and neither is there a perfect woman.just talk to him and let him know how what he is doing is affecting u.
The other day I said it was in their DNA,they called for my head
Queen we don't only need your head, we need your whole body for spreading this nonsense that cheating is in our DNA.Please do not say that.I have not cheated and we are so many that haven't. So please stop this your propaganda

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

See The Hilarious Response This Lady Got Over Her Bf's Manhood / I Stumbled On Wedding Pictures Of My Boyfriend On Instagram - Nigerian Lady / Reasons Why I Haven't Had Sex For Over 2 Years Now And Don't Have A Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.