Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,808 members, 7,831,638 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates (45243 Views)

Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Fuel Hike: NLC Protests In Asaba, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Burger01(m): 8:17am On May 18, 2016
huntax:

You really need to readjust your side mirror.
Why, if I may ask? My mirror is okay by me oh smiley
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Consula: 8:18am On May 18, 2016
...This babe is cute Geesssss!!!
Orikinla:
My cast and crew are not on strike. We are not members of the trade unions. And we are against their clueless actions.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by CaptainEColeJnr: 8:19am On May 18, 2016
Lets not participate or concur with this strike .. it will only impose more hardships on Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by TheAdvocate(m): 8:20am On May 18, 2016
Strike gaining momentum in Jos. Federal Government owned Highland FM radio station located inside NTA TV College in Rayfield just delivered abridged news and announced shut down due to strike by NLC.

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Consula: 8:20am On May 18, 2016
...Rukpoku-Eliozu-Airforce (PH) route all green. Usual work day traffic along eliozu/airforce bridge ....me humble sef already at work sipping mi koffi!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Acidosis(m): 8:20am On May 18, 2016
OlowoB:

With the rate at which you are carrying this Buhari hatred on your head like gala, I pray you don't have high BP soon.

You still have almost 7 years of continuous wailing to do. Take your time and do it slowly. No need to rush.

grin

Buhari is the least of my worries right now bro.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Junior66(m): 8:21am On May 18, 2016
saintmark88:
It surprises me the way Nigerians have responded to this issue, It shows their support for this govt even inspite of the hardship, Nigerians know what they want, we r not stupid, question is, how come Nigerians support this govt in its decision to deregulate d downstream sector but n 2012 occupied everywhere n fought d govt to a stand still... I think d answer is simple... The charisma ND credibility of the leader... Nigerians didn't trust GEJ with d proceeds from subsidy, buh they do with PMB...Nigerians believe that with PMB at d helms of affairs, this money would be put to judicious use... My analysis
Sorry but as at january 1st 2012, nobody thought GEJ'd govt was corrupt. Of all the cases publicised by the EFFC, how many date back to 2011 or January 2012?

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by mrjojo: 8:21am On May 18, 2016
The question of the year nw is, Is there strikea simple yes or no should do, all this confusion everywhere sef
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by tinsel: 8:22am On May 18, 2016
First bankl at Lekki is working fully. Just finished my transction there.No sign of strike.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by tbaba1234: 8:22am On May 18, 2016
Junior66:

Sorry but as at january 1st 2012, nobody thought GEJ'd govt was corrupt. Of all the cases publicised by the EFFC, how many date back to 2012?

Oga, Subsidy jumped from 600b in 2010 to 2 Trn in 2012... People did not trust the government.

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by tbaba1234: 8:23am On May 18, 2016
mrjojo:
The question of the year nw is, Is there strikea simple yes or no should do, all this confusion everywhere sef

The strike action is ineffective.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Burger01(m): 8:24am On May 18, 2016
Orikinla:
My cast and crew are not on strike. We are not members of the trade unions. And we are against their clueless actions.
I like that picture...somehow classic. Permit me to save and store smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by coelink: 8:25am On May 18, 2016
strike of confusion
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Sprintson(m): 8:25am On May 18, 2016
Protest in Fadeyi, Ikorodu road.... Hoodlums throwing stones and sticks at cars..

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Sike(m): 8:25am On May 18, 2016
Ise l'ogun Ise

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by zikter(m): 8:25am On May 18, 2016
my company, privately owned around mushin Lagos turned us back due to strike.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by otokx(m): 8:25am On May 18, 2016
looks like the nays have it.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Acidosis(m): 8:26am On May 18, 2016
saintmark88:
It surprises me the way Nigerians have responded to this issue, It shows their support for this govt even inspite of the hardship, Nigerians know what they want, we r not stupid, question is, how come Nigerians support this govt in its decision to deregulate d downstream sector but n 2012 occupied everywhere n fought d govt to a stand still... I think d answer is simple... The charisma ND credibility of the leader... Nigerians didn't trust GEJ with d proceeds from subsidy, buh they do with PMB...Nigerians believe that with PMB at d helms of affairs, this money would be put to judicious use... My analysis

Its all about perception bro. Jonathan remains an intelligent man in my own opinion. Do you know the same subsidy issue gave rise to SURE-P?

Do you remember the new buses released by Jonathan to cushion the effect of fuel hike? same hike that was opposed by all and sundry?

Now, apart from promises, what has Buhari done to cushion the harsh economy?

Same Jonathan increased salaries just before the decision.

Same Jonathan made that decision when N160 = $1

How can we trust further promises when the previous ones have been denied?

Anyway, its all about perception, 2019 would tell. If Buhari excels, I would be glad.

Who even owns the idea of subsidy removal and reinvestment?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by michealade(m): 8:26am On May 18, 2016
IamBravo:

Why the silly lie nigga. Ibadan is as peaceful as heaven this morning. My kid is at school, I am at work
if you know aw to read den understanding z ur problem.the guy said he wasnt sure,why call him a liar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Burger01(m): 8:27am On May 18, 2016
saintmark88:
You can say that again.. That's just the plain truth.. Jonathan was so corrupt angry

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Mrjosaphat: 8:27am On May 18, 2016
REPORTING LIVE FROM CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY (COOU),FORMERLY CALLED ANAMBRA STATE UNIVERSITY (ANSU),

NO LECTURE GOING ON AT THIS MOMENT AND MOST OF THE STUDENT WHO ARE VERY MUCH DESPERATE FOR THE STRIKE HAVE ALREADY VACATED DUE TO LOW FOOD STUFF,DRY POCKET ,TO MUCH IMPOSED LEVIES AND OTHER REASON BEST KNOWN TO THEM,RIGHT NOW IN MY LODGE ,JUBILATION GOING ON BECAUSE OF THIS STRIKE,AND THIS IS MOSTLY THE LAZY STUDENTS, BUT FOR MY SIDE ,I WOULD RATHER ENCOURAGE THE CONTINUITY OF THE STRIKE CAUSE AM TOTALLY AFFECTED BY DIS FUEL PRICE INCREMENT.

7 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by obiakorEmmanuel(m): 8:29am On May 18, 2016
A little bit of drama happened at fadeyi bus stop along ikorodu road lagos around 7:30 am. Some poeple started riot, causong road block with burning tyres.Thank God for Military personnel plying the road at the time that intercepted the action.
Please be vigilant as you go about your activities today.

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by alizma: 8:29am On May 18, 2016
which kind MUMU strike be that when Nigerians understand that NLC is only looking for another Dasuki in Baba's government to fill their own pocket.
Nigerian are wiser now. if NLC really want to go on strike, it should be in respect of minimum wage which will favour the masses not strike against PMS @145 when we were already buying @150-200. what useless need is the strike?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by olagamalin(m): 8:29am On May 18, 2016
anthonykezy:
At all, please stop the fake updates. No work anywhere. Not even much movement. The roads in my area are not busy as normal busy day. I'm in Lagos and most of my friends have confirmed their places of work are embarking on the strike.
oooh shut up .... What will they profit by lying ....ikorodu road is busy as usual. No time.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by kokoA(m): 8:30am On May 18, 2016
finalboss1:
live in minna... police everywhere for any body dat want to cause confusion, primary school students sent bk to dere various houses

ndt inside futminna every where iz calm..securities are roaming abt .... major lecture halls are empty ...direct frm bosso campus
... Hehe, that's my boy there grin We rocked bosso real hard like 10yrs ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by oteneaaron(m): 8:33am On May 18, 2016
All we need is a simple answer......

Is the strike on or not?
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by diegwu01: 8:33am On May 18, 2016
Xtfield:
We are on total lock down here in Ado Ekiti. No movement at all.
Fayose is owing 6 months Salary, thats why everyone is at home

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by DropShot: 8:34am On May 18, 2016
odimbannamdi:

Do you work with Cummins?
No. cheesy
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by buksaylor001: 8:34am On May 18, 2016
Onegai:
You should check Twitter: Fadeyi and Cele-Mile2 erupted in some disturbance but the army is there. People were turning back as touts started stoning cars at fadeyi. Got that pic from a Tweet from Fadeyi

Just want to show the efficacy of the phone's camera?
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by taiwofisa: 8:35am On May 18, 2016
The perfect example of those wicked employer is Gov. Ajimobi. He is seriously looking for opportunity to sack civil servant in Oyo state.
GetUmad:
This is just the perfect opportunity some wicked employers have been waiting for to lay off.

If you know you've not got another offer letter somewhere else, it's better you let the strike update meet you at your office.

My 1 litre of PMS (or 145 naira).
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by ruggedboy01: 8:35am On May 18, 2016
South east is not going for any strike, let those who participated in the 2012 strike continue with this one

nonsense angry sad

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Adeyeancah(m): 8:36am On May 18, 2016
tinsel:
First bankl at Lekki is working fully. Just finished my transction there.No sign of strike.
Are you sure tinsel cos I never receive alert on my phone o o ,just kidding grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Gunshots As Atiku’s Convoy Is Attacked In Borno / Police Statement On The Situation On Lagos Island. / My Experience At Buhari Flag-off Rally In Porthacourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.