Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines (44070 Views)

9mobile Recorded The Highest Number Of Porting Subscribers, See Full Reports! / Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? / MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by evansvenus(m): 1:31pm On May 19, 2016
Nice,but this can't be used as a yardstick for comparing social status and wealth distribution between south east and south west..

Sim cards are now free..various service providers are all over the streets begging citizens to get their sim cards for little or no fee..

Glo is redundant in the south east...i don't think easterners use that..unlike yoruba that uses it along with their mtn

we have multiple sim card users..we also have chinese phones that have multiple simcard slots..this particular kind of phones are domiciled in southwest..due to lagos, the port of entry

you can underestimate the population of igbos in southwest..lagos most especially..for every yoruba person you find in owerri,ten thousand igbos are already in ibadan.

In addendum...we have five south east states against six south west states..we need equal representation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by totit: 1:38pm On May 19, 2016
discusant:

Lol, what purchasing power does the man/woman in Okitipupa, Owo, Ikare, Iseyin, Shaki, Modakeke and the mostly underdeveloped internal of southwest region posses more than others?
Lagos and Ogun the two neighbors in the SW with many strangers merely boosted the SW figure.

You people can be funny.

Let me ask you this simply question : are these call card/credit free?
Those people you call villagers or whatever whatever farmers and doing well financially.
You should ask yourself why was Osun and Co beat 2 to 3 SE states?
I will say it again, you can't give what you don't have.

So, if Oyo and Ogun respective beats 3 SE,ner states what does that tell you about SW region?

You guys are just sad hence has refused to acknowledge the truth out of hatred and envy.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by googlepikins: 1:38pm On May 19, 2016
YourNemesis:
South West! shocked shocked shocked shocked
comprising of Igbos
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by papparatzzi2013: 1:39pm On May 19, 2016
This confirms what we have always been saying. SW alone is controlling almost 30% of internet penetration of the entire country.

SW is simply blessed. Haters can only hate and be envious, they can NEVER match up.

They know themselves and we also know them.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Dollyak(f): 1:40pm On May 19, 2016
YonkijiSappo:
Jesu!! The Gap between the South West and the other regions is so huge, it is not even funny.
And these people said Lagos was 9 Million in 2006, but active phones alone don almost double official population figure for Lagos cheesy cheesy loool.
Same goes for Ogun and Oyo.....
Nigerian government kind of lies are not common sense lies, even a toddler will know when they see it. grin

Lagos is nothing less than 25 Million, Ogun and Oyo are no less than 10 Million and the South west as a whole is no less than 57 Million people if almost 44 Million of the people there can afford to keep their phone lines active, not to mention all those remote villages in Northern Oyo, Ilaje and Ijebu creeks and near the Benin borner that have no cell coverage. (Multiple lines notwithstanding, I would have said 65 Million)
This is why I get mad at the massive injustice going on in Nigeria. SW is getting a lot less allocation than they are contributing to the country. This data isn't a surprise to be honest. The biggest injustice still is how OYO by a fraudulent justification of less populations than Northern states gets a lot less allocation than both Kano and KADUNA, despite having similar or slightly less population than KANO.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Segadem(m): 1:40pm On May 19, 2016
obaino860:

wake up dude,,show me d picture of ur village,and I will show you mine....let's start from there....SW claiming London.....leave Lagos....show me ur village pics...this is mine
[size=14pt] dude, we don't have village in Lagos, we call it city( e.g. Victoria Garden City) tongue tongue tongue [/size] cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Segadem(m): 1:41pm On May 19, 2016
obaino860:

wake up dude,,show me d picture of ur village,and I will show you mine....let's start from there....SW claiming London.....leave Lagos....show me ur village pics...this is mine
[size=14pt] dude, we don't have village in Lagos, we call them city( e.g. Victoria Garden City) tongue tongue tongue [/size] cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by obaino860: 1:41pm On May 19, 2016
Owliver:
am not here to drag "your lagos" with you man. you say fact? whats you basis for calling your claim a "fact"? like i said, no official data to prove it but from what i have seen around lagos i can speculate 30% for non yorubas.

this is only a claim and not a fact. i hope you get me

yorubas always claiming Lagos.....shows us ur villages in oshogbo,Oyo,Ogun,ekiti and ondo......let's measure your poverty from there.......below is mine,......Mbaise in IMO state....pics continues.......

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Segadem(m): 1:41pm On May 19, 2016
obaino860:

[size=14pt] dude, we don't have villages in Lagos, we call them city( e.g. Victoria Garden City) tongue tongue tongue [/size] cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Drsheddy(m): 1:42pm On May 19, 2016
Op please merge FCT with North Central
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by totit: 1:44pm On May 19, 2016
papparatzzi2013:
This confirms what we have always been saying. SW alone is controlling almost 30% of internet penetration of the entire country.

SW is simply blessed. Haters can only hate and envious, they can NEVER match up..

I thought taking into consideration the poverty stats of each region and SW being ahead the rest in terms of wealth distribution would prove this info/stats,accurate.

Here : https://www.nairaland.com/2956359/igbos-one-advantage-over-other/9

Once again,God bless SW the more.. cool

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Owliver(m): 1:44pm On May 19, 2016
obaino860:

yorubas always claiming Lagos.....shows us ur villages in oshogbo,Oyo,Ogun,ekiti and ondo......let's measure your poverty from there.......below is mine,......Mbaise in IMO state....pics continues.......
hehehehe bros calm down. you no need all these things. if you were in their psition you'd probably brag like they do. grin after all this bragging food no go enter anybody belle. the real fight is against rich and poor not between different tribes.

so save yourself the stress.

nice pics by the way

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by obaino860: 1:44pm On May 19, 2016
Segadem:
[size=14pt] dude, we don't have villages in Lagos, we call them city( e.g. Victoria Garden City) tongue tongue tongue [/size] cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

leave Lagos and show me ur village
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by totit: 1:45pm On May 19, 2016
Dollyak:

This is why I get mad at the massive injustice going on in Nigeria. SW is getting a lot less allocation than they are contributing to the country. This data isn't a surprise to be honest. The biggest injustice still is how OYO by a fraudulent justification of less populations than Northern states gets a lot less allocation than both Kano and KADUNA, despite having similar or slightly less population than KANO.

My sister God bless you jar'e

Na so we see am.. wink

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by totit: 1:46pm On May 19, 2016
Owliver:
hehehehe bros calm down. you no need all these things. if you were in their psition you'd probably brag like the do. grin after all this bragging food no go enter anybody belle. the real fight is against rich and poor not between different tribes.

so save yourself the stress.

nice pics by the way

My guy leave that crying baby/pained guy abeg.
I guess he's caught unaware grin

Heheheheheh cheesy the dude is even uploading one yeye pixs to pull out his own stats

Kikikikikikik

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Segadem(m): 1:47pm On May 19, 2016
obaino860:

leave Lagos and show me ur village
hahahahahahahahahahha grin my phone no get camera.
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by papparatzzi2013: 1:47pm On May 19, 2016
Dragonking:
[size=18pt]South south always representing as usual in the southern region. Remember say we no dey carry last... wink .. If not for Lagos, na we for dey first.

God bless South South Nigeria!

God bless Nigeria![/size] cool

DO you need glasses.

Your top 3 states figures cannot even march the combo of Ogun and Oyo minus Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by totit: 1:49pm On May 19, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

DO you need glasses.

Your top 3 states figures cannot even march the combo of Ogun and Oyo minus Lagos.

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by papparatzzi2013: 1:50pm On May 19, 2016
evansvenus:
Nice,but this can't be used as a yardstick for comparing social status and wealth distribution between south east and south west..

Sim cards are now free..various service providers are all over the streets begging citizens to get their sim cards for little or no fee..

Glo is redundant in the south east...i don't think easterners use that..unlike yoruba that uses it along with their mtn

we have multiple sim card users..we also have chinese phones that have multiple simcard slots..this particular kind of phones are domiciled in southwest..due to lagos, the port of entry

you can underestimate the population of igbos in southwest..lagos most especially..for every yoruba person you find in owerri,ten thousand igbos are already in ibadan.

In addendum...we have five south east states against six south west states..we need equal representation.

Even if you have 10 states, are they not going to be divided from the present states with the same population?

On the other part of your comment, what are you doing to STOP the perennial brain drain and loss of manpower to other regions? What are you doing to make SE a destination of opportunities rather the other way round?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by xpool(m): 1:50pm On May 19, 2016
boujaye:
how does the info Epp
MUST YOU SHOW YOUR INCURABLE ILLITRACY?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by donfemo(m): 2:01pm On May 19, 2016
YonkijiSappo:
Jesu!! The Gap between the South West and the other regions is so huge, it is not even funny.
And these people said Lagos was 9 Million in 2006, but active phones alone don almost double official population figure for Lagos cheesy cheesy loool.
Same goes for Ogun and Oyo.....
Nigerian government kind of lies are not common sense lies, even a toddler will know when they see it. grin

Lagos is nothing less than 25 Million, Ogun and Oyo are no less than 10 Million and the South west as a whole is no less than 57 Million people if almost 44 Million of the people there can afford to keep their phone lines active, not to mention all those remote villages in Northern Oyo, Ilaje and Ijebu creeks and near the Benin borner that have no cell coverage. (Multiple lines notwithstanding, I would have said 65 Million)

Did you at any point realize that the North is so large it had to be divided into 3 regions excluding the federal capital territory. Now add the north as one and compare with South west again.
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by chemystery: 2:04pm On May 19, 2016
totit:

Hahahahahaha

You should include OYO too shouldn't you?
Guy you funny die no be small.

So, out of 5 states in the SE none couldn't beat or overpowered these 3 SW states? Ain't there millions of ibos in the north,SS et al as well?
Funny dude!
Atleast SE/ibos should prove us wrong by replicating what they claim or try to take glory for in the various states.
Charity, they say, begins at home..

I guess you didn't get my point.

Ok,let me leave you with this quote : You can't give what you don't have" without your states. cheesy

In summary, you are asking me that if you have 10naira, your brother has 12naira and I have 20naira, Mr. A has 6naira. I lend you and your brother 5naira each while A lends you and your brother 2 naira each. You now have 17naira, your brother 19naira, me 10naira and Mr. A 2naira. Why then am i not richer than either you or your brother?
Oya make una bring my money back see. kikikikikikikikiki grin

Let me leave you with that
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by chemystery: 2:13pm On May 19, 2016
Segadem:
Yeah I agree with u, but I know you will not agree with me that SW is the London of Nigeria
Yeah, I agree with you but i know you will not agree with me that London is the SW of England.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by jagorinho: 2:15pm On May 19, 2016

i dont knw why people find it easy to just come online and spew thrash,all in d name of defending ur ethnic line, am very familiar with ibadan, and by your logic it means for every 5 yorubas in owerri, there are 50,000 ibos in ibadan, just listen to yourself!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by jagorinho: 2:16pm On May 19, 2016

i dont knw why people find it easy to just come online and spew thrash,all in d name of defending ur ethnic line, am very familiar with ibadan, and by your logic it means for every 5 yorubas in owerri, there are 50,000 ibos in ibadan, just listen to yourself!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by omofunaab(m): 2:16pm On May 19, 2016
chemystery:
The guy i quoted was talking about population, same as you. But then i don't expect SE to beat SW when the whole Nigeria (Majorly Igbos) are in Lagos and Ogun State. SW is only bearing the glory of immigrants.

So do you want to claim igbos developed ogun state like you developed Lagos ....abeg no talk am oooo.. majorly in ogun state ke. ...abeg don't let us be mad this afternoon

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by omofunaab(m): 2:19pm On May 19, 2016
ugnmezi:

Define ur south west, cos greater percentage of ppl living dia are nt from there. So define ur celeberation as well.

Abeg lesser percentage of people

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by totit: 2:20pm On May 19, 2016
chemystery:

In summary, you are asking me that if you have 10naira, your brother has 12naira and I have 20naira, Mr. A has 6naira. I lend you and your brother 5naira each while A lends you and your brother 2 naira each. You now have 17naira, your brother 19naira, me 10naira and Mr. A 2naira. Why then am i not richer than either you or your brother?
Oya make una bring my money back see. kikikikikikikikiki grin

Let me leave you with that

Let do away with this pathetically figures.
Note : what you put up there were merely assumption ain't they?

Now let me add to the Op above,and ofcourse note that they weren't pulled out of thin air neither were they assumption like what you put up there,right?

Here, I hope you will relax and understand where I am going this time?
This goes to all the doubting Thomas abag, I no fit shout grin

Here :

Sources
The Global Multidimensional Poverty Index by the U.N
http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/

THIS IS FROM WORLD BANK
The NER also documents major differences in poverty and living standards by macro-region in Nigeria. While the South of Nigeria has relatively low poverty rates, ranging from 16% in the South West to 28.8% in the South East, poverty rates in the North West and North East are 45.9% and 50.2%, respectively. While the South of Nigeria (especially the South West) has experienced a strong positive dynamic in poverty reduction in recent years, the poverty rate in the North West has remained stagnant, while poverty has actually increased in the North East. Thus, disparities between the North (North West, North East) and South of Nigeria in poverty and living standards have increased. This is no doubt related to the recent security challenges in the Northern part of Nigeria. Explanatory factors for the high differences in living standards by geographical region are likely related to differences in the provision of public services and the degree of connectedness to larger markets.

NER MEANS NIGERIA ECONOMIC REPORT..maybe it is a Yoruba man that owns it...
http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/nigeria/publication/nigeria-economic-report-improved-economic-outlook-in-2014-and-prospects-for-continued-growth-look-good

THIS IS FROM NBS

Poverty was least dominant in the Southwest (49.8%), South-South (55.5%), and South-East regions (59.5%).
Read more: https://www.naij.com/401470-see-the-10-poorest-states-in-nigeria.html

grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Ogbuefi2020: 2:21pm On May 19, 2016
OmoIgala:
The South East is not as populated as most people think at all..... 10.27% of active phone lines?..... lol haba.
Anyway... wetin I know... goes back to chewing Akidi and Okpa
When you consider the fact that SE is the size of oyo state you will know they are highest per capita
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by tommynico(m): 2:22pm On May 19, 2016
discusant:

Lol, what purchasing power does the man/woman in Okitipupa, Owo, Ikare, Iseyin, Shaki, Modakeke and the mostly underdeveloped internal of southwest region posses more than others?
Lagos and Ogun the two neighbors in the SW with many strangers merely boosted the SW figure.

Guy, u don live or reack o'pupa bfor?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by tayooluwole: 2:23pm On May 19, 2016
donfemo:

Did you at any point realize that the North is so large it had to be divided into 3 regions excluding the federal capital territory. Now add the north as one and compare with South west again.

Guy, na wa 4 u ooooooo, if the whole north which comprises of NORTH EAST, NORTH WEST and NORT CENTRAL is combined, then the whole south which comprises of SOUTH WEST, SOUTH EAST and SOUTH-SOUTH will also be combined... OK?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by chemystery: 2:24pm On May 19, 2016
omofunaab:

So do you want to claim igbos developed ogun state like you developed Lagos ....abeg no talk am oooo.. majorly in ogun state ke. ...abeg don't let us be mad this afternoon
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! / 4 Reasons Why Ladies Block Their Last Seen On Whatsapp By Jumia Travel / Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.