Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines (44073 Views)

9mobile Recorded The Highest Number Of Porting Subscribers, See Full Reports! / Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? / MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by totit: 2:27pm On May 19, 2016
jagorinho:
you can underestimate the population of igbos in southwest..lagos most especially..for every yoruba person you find in owerri,ten thousand igbos are already in ibadan.

i dont knw why people find it easy to just come online and spew thrash,all in d name of defending ur ethnict line, am very familiar with ibadan, and by your logic it means for every 5 yorubas in owerri, there are 50,000 in ibadan, just listen to yourself!!!

Guy, there are as 3times of ibos in Aba,onitsha,imo et al than what we have in Ibadan,lagos and SW respectively.

Now, the question is, why can't these millions of ibos in the whole aba,imo(the north exclusively) et al beat the top 3states on the Op list respectively?
Ha han nah

Like I said earlier on, You can't give what you don't have..without your various states.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:29pm On May 19, 2016
OmoIgala:

Guy, I no dey fight you na... I have Igbo cousins.
Am jus saying dat I am surprised by the figure for South East, because so many igbos have been saying on other thread that they are the most populated tribe in Nigeria. Also this is not an issue of having many children, the southeast has always being the least populated region in Nigeria.
Also, apart from women in the far North, do you have any evidence to show that Igbo women have less children than other tribes in the south? I dont think so because i know Ibos very well.
Puff puff seller in my area when was a kid had 10 kids and she is an Igbo woman. having many kids isn't restricted to any region or ethnic group
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by chemystery: 2:38pm On May 19, 2016
totit:

Let do away with this pathetically figures.
Note : what you put up there were merely assumption ain't they?

Now let me add to the Op above,and ofcourse note that they weren't pulled out of thin air neither were they assumption like what you put up there,right?

Here, I hope you will relax and understand where I am going this time?
This goes to all the doubting Thomas abag, I no fit shout grin

Here :

Sources
The Global Multidimensional Poverty Index by the U.N
http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/

THIS IS FROM WORLD BANK
The NER also documents major differences in poverty and living standards by macro-region in Nigeria. While the South of Nigeria has relatively low poverty rates, ranging from 16% in the South West to 28.8% in the South East, poverty rates in the North West and North East are 45.9% and 50.2%, respectively. While the South of Nigeria (especially the South West) has experienced a strong positive dynamic in poverty reduction in recent years, the poverty rate in the North West has remained stagnant, while poverty has actually increased in the North East. Thus, disparities between the North (North West, North East) and South of Nigeria in poverty and living standards have increased. This is no doubt related to the recent security challenges in the Northern part of Nigeria. Explanatory factors for the high differences in living standards by geographical region are likely related to differences in the provision of public services and the degree of connectedness to larger markets.

NER MEANS NIGERIA ECONOMIC REPORT..maybe it is a Yoruba man that owns it...
http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/nigeria/publication/nigeria-economic-report-improved-economic-outlook-in-2014-and-prospects-for-continued-growth-look-good

THIS IS FROM NBS

Poverty was least dominant in the Southwest (49.8%), South-South (55.5%), and South-East regions (59.5%).
Read more: https://www.naij.com/401470-see-the-10-poorest-states-in-nigeria.html

grin

Oh.....see him running away from the initial argument.
Oya go uproot JAMB regional statistic also make we see.
After that uproot another one on birth and death rate by region too.
I will also like to see regional statistics by WHO on industrial polution.
I thought you came with points.
Quote me if you want to discuss about the initial topic, else go sleep cos you lack points
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Generalyemi(m): 2:39pm On May 19, 2016
lekjons:
and you're proud of this SMH!

what chased them from their states? civil-war, i guess

we just like dominating.. we come to ur state to dominate.. are u pained that any Igbo man is doing just fine in your Lagos,even those selling gala.then go hanging,
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by PaulJohn1: 2:39pm On May 19, 2016
discusant:

Exclude Lagos no-man's land from the SW, the figure for SW is nearly at par with the northeast.

Remove Lagos's digit from SW, You'll have about 15.9m

It still put SW above the rest of the zones, the next is SS which 14.1m for internet users.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by jagorinho: 2:41pm On May 19, 2016
totit:

Guy, there are as 3times of ibos in Aba,onitsha,imo et al than what we have in Ibadan,lagos and SW respectively.

Now, the question is, why can't these millions of ibos in the whole aba,imo(the north exclusively) et al beat the top 3states on the Op list respectively?
Ha han nah

Like I said earlier on, You can't give what you don't have..without your various states.

guy i dnt want to venture into this tribal jibes, it is not my line,bt what i wont take is distortion of facts, u cant just say for every 1 yoruba in owerri, there are 10000 ibos in ibadan,it seems u dnt knw d severity of dat statement, for every 300 yorubas in owerri, there are 3 million ibos in ibadan....U SEF REASON AM NOW, U SEE SAY E NO FOLLOW,it's even more than the exodus of the hutu people to dr congo in1994.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by joinnow: 2:44pm On May 19, 2016
sparrowkid:
From this info, one could also deduce albeit vaguely the purchasing power of the people. This is because na the person wey chop well na im go remember say im want call or even browse the internet. grin

Lailai, person wey no chop well no go even remember say im get phone talkless of making calls or browsing. grin

I don't person when never chop and come receive 100 the first thing he bought is recharge card.
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by pulsa(m): 2:45pm On May 19, 2016
chemystery:
The guy i quoted was talking about population, same as you. But then i don't expect SE to beat SW when the whole Nigeria (Majorly Igbos) are in Lagos and Ogun State. SW is only bearing the glory of immigrants.

so you guys have started adding Ogun state now right.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by totit: 2:48pm On May 19, 2016
jagorinho:

guy i dnt want to venture into this tribal jibes, it is not my line,bt what i wont take is distortion of facts, u cant just say for every 1 yoruba in owerri, there are 10000 ibos in ibadan,it seems u dnt knw d severity of dat statement, for every 300 yorubas in owerri, there are 3 million ibos in ibadan....U SEF REASON AM NOW, U SEE SAY E NO FOLLOW,it's even more than the exodus of the hutu people to dr congo in1994.

Dude, do I look like I am arguing blinding or threading the path of tribal-ish? Do i?
Now, let me ask you a simply question :

Should we because there are millions of ibos in SW void their impact/existence in their (own) land/region just so we can make ibo people happy?

Dude, ain't there millions of ibos all over the country, in the north et al. Now how come their impact wasn't felt much according to the Op above? grin that should even tell you that SW is indeed blessed sef

Abeg take am easy jor grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by totit: 2:51pm On May 19, 2016
chemystery:

Oh.....see him running away from the initial argument.
Oya go uproot JAMB regional statistic also make we see.
After that uproot another one on birth and death rate by region too.
I will also like to see regional statistics by WHO on industrial polution.
I thought you came with points.
Quote me if you want to discuss about the initial topic, else go sleep cos you lack points

And what has jamb or whatever you call got to do with these?

Jesuiiii this dude..been wasting my time.
Abeg, go through these and cure you curiosity.

Should these stats confirm what the Op put up there?

Oya hold am jar'e

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by murmee: 2:53pm On May 19, 2016
OmoIgala:
The South East is not as populated as most people think at all..... 10.27% of active phone lines?..... lol haba.
Anyway... wetin I know... goes back to chewing Akidi and Okpa
You are forgetting that South Easterners form a sizeable population in all other states, especially the South West. If they have stayed in their region, the figure recorded for South East would have been much higher but can never match up to South West.
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by boujaye: 2:53pm On May 19, 2016
xpool:

MUST YOU SHOW YOUR INCURABLE ILLITRACY?
them born you with insults and curse? them nor dey ask question for your class? is it a sermon. apologise now before i loose my temper. angry
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by DropShot: 2:56pm On May 19, 2016
YonkijiSappo:

I know about multiple sims, and I mentioned it.
I am not saying the figures are exact with population in each state, but it gives a general figure.
If you believe the last population census figures for Lagos (9 Million) and Some other states then you are on your own o.
Do you know how much 10 years could have added to the population since?
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by scholes0(m): 2:58pm On May 19, 2016
Owliver:
I grew up in Lagos, I live in Lagos. Lagos can't be 85% Yoruba. if you actually live there then stop lying. there's no accurate figure but if you want to estimate non-yourbas should make up at least 30%

Reading comprehension people.
I didn't say Lagos, I said SW.... and that the reason Yorubas aren't more that 85% is because of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by totit: 2:59pm On May 19, 2016
pulsa:

so you guys have started adding Ogun state now right.

My brother, me sef I dey wait for them to chjoin IBadan sef grin
grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 19, 2016
chemystery:
The guy i quoted was talking about population, same as you. But then i don't expect SE to beat SW when the whole Nigeria (Majorly Igbos) are in Lagos and Ogun State. SW is only bearing the glory of immigrants.

Y'all are shameless I swear. Before, you said you're only in Lagos now you've extended it to Ogun state grin grin cheesy

Which kind people be this tori olohun

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Owliver(m): 3:01pm On May 19, 2016
scholes0:

Reading comprehension people.
I didn't say Lagos, I said SW.... and that the reason Yorubas aren't more that 85% is because of Lagos.
which one be comprehension now. you wan insult me undecided i made that comment in response to those that commented not you. i shouldnt have quoted you
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Owliver(m): 3:03pm On May 19, 2016
Whathaveidone:

Y'all are shameless I swear. Before, you said you're only in Lagos now you've stretched it to Ogun state grin grin cheesy

Which kind people be this tori olohun
we spread like virus. sooooo funny grin grin grin grin grin

meanwhile, relax am not igbo
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Maghan37: 3:06pm On May 19, 2016
Chukazu:

and who is interested in having kids you can't take care of in the South East just to increase revenue sharing from Abuja?
sorry we aren't desperate for such..we are not much but we make the most impact
Negatively grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Boyedex: 3:08pm On May 19, 2016
evansvenus:
Nice,but this can't be used as a yardstick for comparing social status and wealth distribution between south east and south west..
It can be used as a viable estimate especially with business decisions making and I tell you why with your own points.

Sim cards are now free..various service providers are all over the streets begging citizens to get their sim cards for little or no fee..
Yes sim cards are free, but they are obviously not free only in the southwest. I don't see how this disproves anything yet.

Glo is redundant in the south east...i don't think easterners use that..unlike yoruba that uses it along with their mtn
I dont know why this is so but if I say it is for tribal reasons, I may not be far from right. But then, those that use glo here in the West don't use it simply/solely because it is owned by a Yoruba man. The necessity to have two or more lines for their various reasons will be in addendum to it. If the East indeed had a reason to buy up extra Sims, they could make up for it with airtel and Etisalat if they really so hate glo. It's a free market, isn't it? So the statement that "glo is dead in the east" still disproves nothing!

we have multiple sim card users..we also have chinese phones that have multiple simcard slots..this particular kind of phones are domiciled in southwest..due to lagos, the port of entry
Now this is the interesting part. It's true that we have cases of multiple Sims and what not. But remember the topic states clearly that active phone lines were considered. So it is not out of place to say that only Sims that are being actively used for calls and data(evidences of economic spending) were considered, not just second Sims that are redundant on many phones. More so, a large number of people don't even have a single active sim at all in the West. These two reasons could easily cancel out cases of multiple Sims and in the end, the data can be used to roughly estimate the population in each zone.

you can underestimate the population of igbos in southwest..lagos most especially..for every yoruba person you find in owerri,ten thousand igbos are already in ibadan
This probably shows that economic interests are more in the West, hence the migration to that part of the country.

In addendum...we have five south east states against six south west states..we need equal representation.
This changes nothing. I'm not against a creation of a sixth state in the east. But obviously, creating a sixth state wouldn't automatically create extra people for the sixth state.
At the end of the day, the data is a useful tool for cooperate business decisions making like the op stated and it's an indicator of the region with the best economy for the telecoms sector.
PS: It's no surprise smile telcos made a huge start in Ibadan before heading for Lagos, Abuja, PortHarcourt and Benin. Also, Spectranet has a bigger presence in the West, than any other region.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by annunaki2(m): 3:09pm On May 19, 2016
Very good info coming from the Op. When you consider the fact that 50% of the population are minors who mostly don't have phones, you will realise that the population of Lagos is even way more than 19 million active phone subscribers resident there contrary to the lies we were fed with in the last fake population censors that the northern parasites use to justify their looting of our federal allocation.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by supereagle(m): 3:10pm On May 19, 2016
SW is ahead of other region.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by jagorinho: 3:15pm On May 19, 2016
totit:

Dude, do I look like I am arguing blinding or threading the path of tribal-ish? Do i?
Now, let me ask you a simply question :

Should we because there are millions of ibos in SW void their impact/existence in their (own) land/region just so we can make ibo people happy?

Dude, ain't there millions of ibos all over the country, in the north et al. Now how come their impact wasn't felt much according to the Op above? grin that should even tell you that SW is indeed blessed sef

Abeg take am easy jor grin

honestly, i dnt have problem with u, nt even with the matured responses u gave to my mentions, but u must admit dat d ratio is out of place, dats just my point, there are differences between a region, state and a city. dat ratio cant just work comparing two cities....have a good day.
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by ceejay4real(m): 3:17pm On May 19, 2016
OmoIgala:

Guy, I no dey fight you na... I have Igbo cousins.
Am jus saying dat I am surprised by the figure for South East, because so many igbos have been saying on other thread that they are the most populated tribe in Nigeria. Also this is not an issue of having many children, the southeast has always being the least populated region in Nigeria.
Also, apart from women in the far North, do you have any evidence to show that Igbo women have less children than other tribes in the south? I dont think so because i know Ibos very well.

My guy let me educate u small cos it's obvious u are a YOLOBA TRIBALIST on the loose. From ur post u ve already concluded that the South East is the least populated region in the country which is a blatant lie unless you are more enlightened than our Colonial Masters that established the fact that the Igbos were one of the three major ethnic groups in the country. Secondly, most Igbos are either in other parts of Nigeria or beyond our borders. Many of those phone lines and Internet access figures u see there are actually owned by Igbo folks. The Igbos most likely are the second highest in population apart from the indigenes in most if not all the States across this country. Lastly, there are SO MANY Igbos indigenous to the South South Region namely the Ikwerres in Rivers and the Ikas in Delta State so why the beef and u claim to have Igbo cousins! The South East for ur information has been underdeveloped or even undeveloped by the FG as an unofficial policy since the end of the Civil War. That's why most of the youth have 'fled' to other regions especially Lagos and Abuja & also outside the Country in search of 'greener pastures'. I know what am saying cos am well travelled within the country and am currently living in the East. Almost all my childhood friends and pry/ secondary school classmates have either left Nigeria or aren't staying in the South East at all! So my guy stfu and stop spewing rubbish here all in the name of tribal bigotry! Well, am not surprised cos most of you YOLOBA guys hate the Igbos with a passion as if we are stopping u guys from achieving ur dreams! I guess it must be out of inferiority complex most likely. So Mr. Man, when next u wanna post here get ur facts right or be objective in either ur criticisms or praise singing and stop spreading tribal hate on this forum. Good day!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by ElrayKhalifah(m): 3:25pm On May 19, 2016
YonkijiSappo:
Jesu!! The Gap between the South West and the other regions is so huge, it is not even funny.
And these people said Lagos was 9 Million in 2006, but active phones alone don almost double official population figure for Lagos cheesy cheesy loool.
Same goes for Ogun and Oyo.....
Nigerian government kind of lies are not common sense lies, even a toddler will know when they see it. grin

Lagos is nothing less than 25 Million, Ogun and Oyo are no less than 10 Million and the South west as a whole is no less than 57 Million people if almost 44 Million of the people there can afford to keep their phone lines active, not to mention all those remote villages in Northern Oyo, Ilaje and Ijebu creeks and near the Benin borner that have no cell coverage. (Multiple lines notwithstanding, I would have said 65 Million)
Do you know some individuals possess more than 2 phones. A typical young man will have at least 2 sim cards if not 2 mobile telephones
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by kokobongo: 3:27pm On May 19, 2016
Ghana's

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Stanbeto: 3:31pm On May 19, 2016
I trust 9ja, ah we dey try sha
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by scholes0(m): 3:31pm On May 19, 2016
YonkijiSappo:
Jesu!! The Gap between the South West and the other regions is so huge, it is not even funny.
And these people said Lagos was 9 Million in 2006, but active phones alone don almost double official population figure for Lagos cheesy cheesy loool.
Same goes for Ogun and Oyo.....
Nigerian government kind of lies are not common sense lies, even a toddler will know when they see it. grin

Lagos is nothing less than 25 Million, Ogun and Oyo are no less than 10 Million and the South west as a whole is no less than 57 Million people if almost 44 Million of the people there can afford to keep their phone lines active, not to mention all those remote villages in Northern Oyo, Ilaje and Ijebu creeks and near the Benin borner that have no cell coverage. (Multiple lines notwithstanding, I would have said 65 Million)

You didn't even mention minors and young teenagers without Phones.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by kokobongo: 3:34pm On May 19, 2016
Ghana's

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by scholes0(m): 3:40pm On May 19, 2016
Owliver:
which one be comprehension now. you wan insult me undecided i made that comment in response to those that commented not you. i shouldnt have quoted you

No vex then.
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by AzontoGhost(m): 3:45pm On May 19, 2016
kokobongo:
Ghana's
you sure
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by scholes0(m): 3:46pm On May 19, 2016
Noneroone:
It will be so silly to assume this figure accurately represent online presence of each region or even population. Having multiple simcards does not translate to having multiple users. Eg glo is dead in the East but many use it alonside their main mtn sim in the west. Some even have three sims. Nairaland census always see Anambra always having most pple.

Glo is not dead in the East.
Is it because I didn't post the network breakdown for each state? You can say it is not popular as it is in the west, but a very far cry from dead.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! / 4 Reasons Why Ladies Block Their Last Seen On Whatsapp By Jumia Travel / Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.