Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines (44072 Views)

9mobile Recorded The Highest Number Of Porting Subscribers, See Full Reports! / Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? / MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by lawani: 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
Okada691:
Haba, the population of Igbos, Hausa, Urhobo, Bini, and residents from the south and the north, would only put the combined population of Yorubas in Lagos at most 40%. Ogun state is also very cosmopolitan, Even Ibadan, rent increased greatly as a result of the migration they have received. My brother, the south west region in Nigeria is the most heterogeneous region in Nigeria,

Even Osogbo, I have seen many threads whereby southeasterners were shocked about the constant light situation in Osogbo and thought of migrating there. The population of Yorubas in the south west would be at best 60%, it can’t be more ., with Lagos being a huge part of the population of south west, even Ogun and Oyo, coupled with the fact that there are many Hausas and fulanis in many villages in the south west. It is a far cry from being 85%. Even 70% is not comprehendable.

If this statement is true, peradventure it is true, then the same is true for Onitsha, Aba, Enugu, Kaduna, Kano, Maiduguri, Jos, Calabar, Benin, Abakaliki, Owerri, Umuahia and etc. No border against migration and Yoruba, Hausa etc dispersed inside Nigeria are higher in number than Igbos.
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by lawani: 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
scholes0:
It is me, Scholes0, your resident nairaland statistician, and here are some new interesting information from the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics for your Consumption and planning. This info can help business owners, web marketers, telemarketers, etc know how to plan, and focus on their target Networks, Regions and Audiences. Enjoy.

This is the latest Information from the NBS via the Nigerian Communications Commission. The report presents the Total number of active voice and internet subscribers by states of the federation as at March 2016.

The number of active voice subscriptions stood at 148.74 Million at the end of Q1 2016 with MTN accounting for 57.04 million (or 38% of total), followed by Glo with 34.60 million subscribers (or 23.2 % of total) and Airtel with 33.86 million (22.7%).

Table 1 also shows that Lagos was the dominant market for all of the active voice telecom companies accounting for 10.05% of MTN total voice subscribers (followed by Ogun, Kaduna and Rivers in that order); 10.03% for Glo (followed by Oyo, Niger, Ogun and FCT in that order); 16.0% for Airtel (followed by Ogun, Kano and Oyo); and 19.1% of Etisalat voice subscribers (followed by Ogun, Kaduna and Rivers in that order)

[size=13pt]Active Voice Lines
Breakdown By States and Regions[/size]

1* LAGOS - 19,046,657
2* OGUN - 8,535,893
3* KANO - 7,811,290
4* OYO - 7,538,586
5* KADUNA - 6,787,117

6* F.C.T - 6,034,907
7* RIVERS - 5,849,535
8* NIGER - 5,137,400
9* DELTA - 4,934,551
10* EDO - 4,744,110

11* ANAMBRA - 4,249,792
12* BENUE - 3,812,334
13* OSUN - 3,708,809
14* ONDO - 3,473,437
15* KATSINA - 3,449,189

16* KWARA - 3,334,543
17* IMO - 3,315,208
18* NASSARAWA - 3,261,964
19* ABIA - 3,177,965
20* AKWA IBOM - 3,116,758

21* ENUGU - 3,096,071
22* PLATEAU - 3,026,409
23* KOGI - 3,004,325
24* BAUCHI - 2,747,326
25* ADAMAWA - 2,723,955

26* BORNO - 2,406,151
27* SOKOTO - 2,248,306
28* CROSS RIVER - 2,198,942
29* KEBBI - 2,050,089
30* TARABA - 2,021,112

31* JIGAWA - 1,820,249
32* GOMBE - 1,815,166
33* ZAMFARA - 1,678,476
34* EBONYI - 1,436,945
35* EKITI - 1,425,945
36* YOBE - 1,402,357

** OTHERS (UNIDENTIFIED) - 1,213,511
37* BAYELSA - 1,110,084

Total Nigerian Active Voice Lines: 148,745,464

REGIONS:
South West = 43,729,327 Active Voice Lines (29.40%)
South South = 21,953,980 Active Voice Lines (14.76%)
South East = 15,275,981 Active Voice Lines (10.27%)

North West = 25,844,716 Active Voice Lines (17.37%)
North Central = 21,576,975 Active Voice Lines (14.50%)
North East = 13,116,067 Active Voice Lines (8.80%)

F.C.T = 6,034,907 Active Voice Lines (4.05%)

________________________________________________________________________________

[size=13pt]Active Internet Subscriptions
Breakdown By States and Regions[/size]

1* LAGOS - 12,620,662
2* OGUN - 5,629,424
3* OYO - 4,908,092
4* KADUNA - 4,231,710
5* KANO - 4,134,266

6* F.C.T - 4,132,172
7* RIVERS - 3,853,300
8* NIGER - 3,301,721
9* DELTA - 3,225,365
10* EDO - 3,144,922

11* ANAMBRA - 2,608,805
12* BENUE - 2,424,091
13* OSUN - 2,284,205
14* ONDO - 2,240,949
15* NASARAWA - 2,175,394

16* KWARA - 2,115,199
17* KOGI - 2,040,082
18* IMO - 2,023,867
19* ABIA - 2,010,551
20* PLATEAU - 1,921,857

21* KATSINA - 1,887,194
22* ENUGU - 1,873,467
23* AKWA IBOM - 1,861,330
24* ADAMAWA - 1,621,508
25* BAUCHI - 1,559,609

26* CROSS RIVER - 1,375,251
27* BORNO - 1,347,355
28* SOKOTO - 1,264,793
29* KEBBI - 1,162,543
30* TARABA - 1,154,720

31* GOMBE - 1,063,522
32* JIGAWA - 898,399
33* EKITI - 879,702
34* ZAMFARA - 851,669
35* EBONYI - 796,519
36* BAYELSA - 732,777

37* YOBE - 694,631
** OTHERS (UNIDENTIFIED) - 373,113

Total Nigeria Active Internet Subscriptions: 92,424,736

REGIONS:
South West = 28,563,034 Active Internet Subscriptions (31.0%)
South South = 14,192,945 Active Internet Subscriptions (15.35%)
South East = 9,313,209 Active Internet Subscriptions (10.0%)

North West = 14,430,574 Active Internet Subscriptions (15.61%)
North Central = 13,978,344 Active Internet Subscriptions (15.12%)
North East = 7,441,345 Active Internet Subscriptions (8.05%)

F.C.T = 4,132,172 Active Internet Subscriptions (4.47%)

SOURCE: http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/

This data somehow shows that Kano is more populated than Oyo state which means Kano city has more people than Ibadan unless there are very many villages in Kano state. Kano is the only well known city of Kano state while Oyo has Ibadan and Ogbomosho as huge cities. It is therefore likely that Kano is bigger than Ibadan but education level in Kano is very low unless these figures are questionable. A year that Kaduna registered 100k waec students saw Kano registering only 63k or so and Oyo over 70k which means Kaduna should be much higher than Kano And Oyo in any statistics but this is not the case if this data were accepted. It shows that Kaduna is more literate than Oyo or Kano by far but there is a likelihood that Kano and Oyo have more people within their borders. Other stats considered side by side will offer more clues. Lagos however is continuing to grow at the expense of others.
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Okada691: 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
lawani:

If this statement is true, peradventure it is true, then the same is true for Onitsha, Aba, Enugu, Kaduna, Kano, Maiduguri, Jos, Calabar, Benin, Abakaliki, Owerri, Umuahia and etc. No border against migration and Yoruba, Hausa etc dispersed inside Nigeria are higher in number than Igbos.
the Yorubas dispersed in Nigeria cannot be more than the Igbos now, go to Owo, I mean Owo, small Owo
The number of Igbos I saw there shocked me. That is why they say Owos are usually fair because they are intermarrying now even Ondo town,

Let’s us not even talk about Lagos and states close to her. The combination of the population other tribes in Lagos is so frightening now, that they force other tribes not to vote.

An Igbo man talking about going to the city is actually talking about going to Lagos, even they have sizeable numbers in Abuja and Kano too. But that of Lagos is off the hook. I have nothing against Yorubas, but I don’t want us to see it as a south west glory except you will leave Lagos out of it then I might grudgingly consider.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by lawani: 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2023
Okada691:
the Yorubas dispersed in Nigeria cannot be more than the Igbos now, go to Owo, I mean Owo, small Owo
The number of Igbos I saw there shocked me. That is why they say Owos are usually fair because they are intermarrying now even Ondo town,

Let’s us not even talk about Lagos and states close to her. The combination of the population other tribes in Lagos is so frightening now, that they force other tribes not to vote.

An Igbo man talking about going to the city is actually talking about going to Lagos, even they have sizeable numbers in Abuja and Kano too. But that of Lagos is off the hook. I have nothing against Yorubas, but I don’t want us to see it as a south west glory except you will leave Lagos out of it then I might grudgingly consider.

For instance, Hausas will not agree that Igbos outnumber them in Lagos and I myself can not say for sure. I believe Yoruba presence in PH might be more by percentage than Igbo presence in Lagos. Maiduguri people say more Yoruba are there than Igbos and if you use data like how many students in Unimaid are Yoruba versus Igbo you will realize the claim is true. Jos, Kano and etc will be thesame way but among traders you are likely to have more Igbos. Among fisher men in the SS, you will see times ten Yoruba than Igbo and etc etc. So unless there is a thorough census there is no way of being sure. What we know is that LASG is employing 500k people and maybe eighty percent are Yoruba and that will be ten percent of Lagos work force. It is the remaining 4.5 million workers to be shared with others. Of the hundreds of industries, how many are dominated by non Yorubas?. Most mechanics, tailors, carpenters, plumbers, teachers, oil workers, petrol station owners, transporters, factory owners and etc are Yoruba by up to seventy percent and also most oja obas are dominated by Yoruba women selling everything. You only find Igbos dominating specialized trading like spare parts and etc. So that is how to calculate and that is why over ninety percent of Lagos politics is Yoruba controlled
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Okada691: 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2023
lawani:

For instance, Hausas will not agree that Igbos outnumber them in Lagos and I myself can not say for sure. I believe Yoruba presence in PH might be more by percentage than Igbo presence in Lagos. Maiduguri people say more Yoruba are there than in Igbos and if you use data like how many students in Unimaid are Yoruba versus Igbo you will realize the claim is true. Jos, Kano and etc will be thesame way but among traders you are likely to have more Igbos. Among fisher men in the SS, you will see times ten Yoruba than Igbo and etc etc. So unless there is a thorough census there is no way of being sure. What we know is that LASG is employing 500k people and maybe eighty percent are Yoruba and that will be ten percent of Lagos work force. It is the remaining 4.5 million workers to be shared with others. Of the hundreds of industries, how many are dominated by non Yorubas?. Most mechanics, tailors, carpenters, plumbers, teachers, oil workers, petrol station owners, transporters, factory owners and etc are Yoruba by up to seventy percent and also most oja obas are dominated by Yoruba women selling everything. You only find Igbos dominating specialized trading like spare parts and etc. So that is how to calculate and that is why over ninety percent of Lagos politics is Yoruba controlled
how is the politics of Lagos Yoruba controlled when you guys don’t allow Igbos vote freely? My oluomo and Tinubu are aware of the population of Igbos in Lagos state

There are many privately owned businesses in Lagos in fact 80% of companies in Lagos are privately owned

You can’t compare ph size to Lagos, Lagos is at least five times the size of ph and the number of Igbos in Lagos would create another full state elsewhere. I am not so certain of the figures of Igbos in Lagos, it can’t be less than four million.

Then again that is the point, if you combine the total population of Igbos and Hausas in Lagos, it would give a staggering figure of 8 million, then Urhobo, Bini, Berom , Esan isoko, Efik, Ibibio and members from the other 250 ethnic groups and even outside Nigeria.

I have been to Kano state before, the population of Igbos in Sabon Gari and no man’s land is in excess of two million as sabon gari is densely populated

Lagos really has that popularity and everybody wants to associate with it, little wonder why the 3,500km2 of state has that much population,

The population of Igbos in Abuja would rival whatever other population the Yorubas has elsewhere in the north.

Igbos have large presence in kaduna state too, they are in their numbers in Zaria, Kaduna, kafanchan and so many other cities there.

The population of Igbos In portharcourt is more than the Yorubas in portharcourt. Igbos I mean those from south east extraction. It is the support the Ikwerres have gotten from south east Igbos, that is why they have dominated the rivers state politics for long. Until recently when Wike decided to shell power to an Ijaw. Ijaws would not have tasted power for the next fifty years. If not the conscious decision by wike.

Why I said we can leave Lagos out is because the migration population in Ogun and Oyo state, or wherever place in the other south west would totally rival the pop of Yorubas In Lagos

For example, the East is the most homogeneous region in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by lawani: 8:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
Okada691:
how is the politics of Lagos Yoruba controlled when you guys don’t allow Igbos vote freely? My oluomo and Tinubu are aware of the population of Igbos in Lagos state

There are many privately owned businesses in Lagos in fact 80% of companies in Lagos are privately owned

You can’t compare ph size to Lagos, Lagos is at least five times the size of ph and the number of Igbos in Lagos would create another full state elsewhere. I am not so certain of the figures of Igbos in Lagos, it can’t be less than four million.

Then again that is the point, if you combine the total population of Igbos and Hausas in Lagos, it would give a staggering figure of 8 million, then Urhobo, Bini, Berom , Esan isoko, Efik, Ibibio and members from the other 250 ethnic groups and even outside Nigeria.

I have been to Kano state before, the population of Igbos in Sabon Gari and no man’s land is in excess of two million as sabon gari is densely populated

Lagos really has that popularity and everybody wants to associate with it, little wonder why the 3,500km2 of state has that much population,

The population of Igbos in Abuja would rival whatever other population the Yorubas has elsewhere in the north.

Igbos have large presence in kaduna state too, they are in their numbers in Zaria, Kaduna, kafanchan and so many other cities there.

The population of Igbos In portharcourt is more than the Yorubas in portharcourt. Igbos I mean those from south east extraction. It is the support the Ikwerres have gotten from south east Igbos, that is why they have dominated the rivers state politics for long. Until recently when Wike decided to shell power to an Ijaw. Ijaws would not have tasted power for the next fifty years. If not the conscious decision by wike.

Why I said we can leave Lagos out is because the migration population in Ogun and Oyo state, or wherever place in the other south west would totally rival the pop of Yorubas In Lagos

For example, the East is the most homogeneous region in Nigeria

Rivers population is around half of Lagos population. Yorubas in Rivers too can form a state and I don't agree that SE Igbos outnumber Yorubas in PH. Yorubas in Kaduna can form a small state like Ekiti or Bayelsa. If Igbos are 4 million in Lagos then Hausas too are 4 million and SS are also 4 million then others like Northern minorities are 4 million at least making 16 million and Yoruba will be less than 4 million. Everybody is in Lagos and not only Igbos. Check very well and you will realize SS are more than SE in Lagos. However so far, Yoruba have been able to maintain grip on over ninety percent of positions just like Northerners are controlling Kaduna, Igbo control Anambra and Ikwerre control PH despite the cosmopolitan nature of those places.

The East is as heterogenous as other places. There are Hausa as well as Yoruba dominated industries in the East
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Okada691: 10:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
lawani:

Rivers population is around half of Lagos population. Yorubas in Rivers too can form a state and I don't agree that SE Igbos outnumber Yorubas in PH. Yorubas in Kaduna can form a small state like Ekiti or Bayelsa. If Igbos are 4 million in Lagos then Hausas too are 4 million and SS are also 4 million then others like Northern minorities are 4 million at least making 16 million and Yoruba will be less than 4 million. Everybody is in Lagos and not only Igbos. Check very well and you will realize SS are more than SE in Lagos. However so far, Yoruba have been able to maintain grip on over ninety percent of positions just like Northerners are controlling Kaduna, Igbo control Anambra and Ikwerre control PH despite the cosmopolitan nature of those places.

The East is as heterogenous as other places. There are Hausa as well as Yoruba dominated industries in the East
Rivers population might be half the population of Lagos state but initially you talked about port harcourt and not the whole of Rivers state. Outside port harcourt, you will only find Yorubas in minute numbers in every other places. The combined population of Yorubas in Rivers state would not be more than 500,000 if you are being sincere to yourself, this same rivers state, you have Ogoni, you have Ekpeye , Degema, Kalabari , Ndoni, Egbema, Etche and Omuma, Engenni, etc

Ikwerre and Ogoni have a population of at least 3 million.

Etche, Ogba, Ndoni,Ndoki, Omuma would have a combined population of about 2 million

Ekpeye, Degema, Kalabari, Engenni, Abual Andoni, Bonny Opobo etc cannot be less than 2 million. It is more let us leave it like that,

Then you have migrant population from across all divide but worthy mention is Ijaws from other state, Annang/Efik/Ibibio/Oron, Igbos and the Yorubas

Igbos naturally migrate to Rivers state because Igbo indigenous groups are naturally about 45 % of Rivers state so they migrate there more because they feel at home in “ Igweocha “ it is not even a contest, Ikwerres emergence in Rivers state is largely aided by the Igbos there. Even Igbos from Abia and IMO states alone in Rivers state are more than yorubas there.

Then you have the Annang/Efik/Oron/Ibibio extraction in port harcourt and they can be found even in the interiors of rivers state.

Yorubas are the third largest group in rivers state.

No the south south are not more than the south east in Lagos, you forget that 15 to 20 percent of south south are 1gbos. For us not be confused, you have to add their population. I mean the combined migrants population of the Igbos from whatever extraction whether the south east and the south south cannot be less than four million in Lagos.It is so fair a number

Then the other combined groups from the south south, Efik/Ibibio/Annang/Oron would take the lead. They are mini Igbos and they are also very many,you have the Urhobos taking the second position as a non Igbo tribe in the south south, Bini, Esan, Isoko, Itsekiri,Ijaw . They should be about 2-5 to 3 million.

Hausas and other tribes in the north cannot really be less than six million. Hausas about 4 million and the other northern tribes, a cumulative population of about two million. It would have been more but this is so, because the other northern tribes such as tiv,Igala and Idoma prefer traveling to Abuja and Kano than Lagos. When you combine the figures, I have calculated thus far, that will bring it to about 12 to thirteen million. Yorubas in Lagos would have a simple majority of about 8 million.

The combined population of Yorubas in the north west will form a small state like Ekiti. I would agree, not kaduna alone.

Then again if you combine the population of Igbos in wudil/Kano/Rano/kafanchan/Zaria/kaduna city and every other states in the south west. It would form a medium state like Osun

The yorubas are able to control grip of the political process in the state because they use force and manipulation. They don’t allow fair democratic process

The yorubas and the Hausas combined in the entire south east would not be more than one million, and that is an absolute stretch, most of the yoruba masons that go there to work return back to their abode because the Igbo man is largely hostile and cost of land in Igbo land would not allow other tribes settle there. Even the Hausas that come there for trade return to their place immediately after they have gotten what they want. However the fashion industry, the Yorubas dominate. The east is by far the most homogeneous region in Nigeria and it is not even news

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by lawani: 11:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
Okada691:
Rivers population might be half the population of Lagos state but initially you talked about port harcourt and not the whole of Rivers state. Outside port harcourt, you will only find Yorubas in minute numbers in every other places. The combined population of Yorubas in Rivers state would not be more than 500,000 if you are being sincere to yourself, this same rivers state, you have Ogoni, you have Ekpeye , Degema, Kalabari , Ndoni, Egbema, Etche and Omuma, Engenni, etc

Ikwerre and Ogoni have a population of at least 3 million.

Etche, Ogba, Ndoni,Ndoki, Omuma would have a combined population of about 2 million

Ekpeye, Degema, Kalabari, Engenni, Abual Andoni, Bonny Opobo etc cannot be less than 2 million. It is more let us leave it like that,

Then you have migrant population from across all divide but worthy mention is Ijaws from other state, Annang/Efik/Ibibio/Oron, Igbos and the Yorubas

Igbos naturally migrate to Rivers state because Igbo indigenous groups are naturally about 45 % of Rivers state so they migrate there more because they feel at home in “ Igweocha “ it is not even a contest, Ikwerres emergence in Rivers state is largely aided by the Igbos there. Even Igbos from Abia and IMO states alone in Rivers state are more than yorubas there.

Then you have the Annang/Efik/Oron/Ibibio extraction in port harcourt and they can be found even in the interiors of rivers state.

Yorubas are the third largest group in rivers state.

No the south south are not more than the south east in Lagos, you forget that 15 to 20 percent of south south are 1gbos. For us not be confused, you have to add their population. I mean the combined migrants population of the Igbos from whatever extraction whether the south east and the south south cannot be less than four million in Lagos.It is so fair a number

Then the other combined groups from the south south, Efik/Ibibio/Annang/Oron would take the lead. They are mini Igbos and they are also very many,you have the Urhobos taking the second position as a non Igbo tribe in the south south, Bini, Esan, Isoko, Itsekiri,Ijaw . They should be about 2-5 to 3 million.

Hausas and other tribes in the north cannot really be less than six million. Hausas about 4 million and the other northern tribes, a cumulative population of about two million. It would have been more but this is so, because the other northern tribes such as tiv,Igala and Idoma prefer traveling to Abuja and Kano than Lagos. When you combine the figures, I have calculated thus far, that will bring it to about 12 to thirteen million. Yorubas in Lagos would have a simple majority of about 8 million.

The combined population of Yorubas in the north west will form a small state like Ekiti. I would agree, not kaduna alone.

Then again if you combine the population of Igbos in wudil/Kano/Rano/kafanchan/Zaria/kaduna city and every other states in the south west. It would form a medium state like Osun

The yorubas are able to control grip of the political process in the state because they use force and manipulation. They don’t allow fair democratic process

The yorubas and the Hausas combined in the entire south east would not be more than one million, and that is an absolute stretch, most of the yoruba masons that go there to work return back to their abode because the Igbo man is largely hostile and cost of land in Igbo land would not allow other tribes settle there. Even the Hausas that come there for trade return to their place immediately after they have gotten what they want. However the fashion industry, the Yorubas dominate. The east is by far the most homogeneous region in Nigeria and it is not even news

The leader of Yoruba in Anambra say there are 500k Yorubas there. An Igbo woman told me Hausas in Enugu May out number Igbos and I know people from Ilesa in Enugu. Lagos is not more cosmopolitan than Abuja, Kaduna, PH, Onitsha etc. But Lagos have more population as in double the next state to it most probably. It is merely population caused by the efficiency of the LASG. Any state could have done it. Yoruba investment in other places is more than non Yoruba investment in Yoruba land. They can buy everybody out, so there is no big deal. However territory is territory and Yoruba territory is different from Hausa territory. Nowhere like Sabongari Kano in Lagos or other parts of the SW that has been handed over to others. I believe Yoruba maybe eighty percent of Lagos at least. I agree with you that if SS Igbos are added to SE Igbos it will swell the population because many Igbos I know are SS Igbos from Anioma and etc but if zone by zone, SS will most likely surpass the SE in population in Lagos. Don't be deceived by the mix you see in some markets and not the majority of markets because for every ten people selling in the market, there may be two hundred in other places. There is no city you will enter in the North that Yorubas will not surpass Igbos. In ABU Ondo students Union has always been the largest. Futminna, Unijos, Unimaid is the same story and those are undeniable
stats. Therefore anytime you count, you find more Yorubas but it is not so in Eastern universities like Unical and etc where there are more Igbos than Yorubas. In my class at OAU, it was an healthy mix of Itsekiri, Igala, Igbos, Benin, Tiv, and etc. Everybody is everywhere. If Yoruba are not that much in Lagos, why are they controlling everything by almost 100 percent?. Anambra is doing the same thing and non Igbos in Anambra have a very high population but no elective posts at all. Enugu is doing the same and etc. Why should any state be different?. It will not change in a million years. I don't agree that SE is more homogenous than others. From the onset, a place like Enugu has had a large number of Hausas and it remains so till today. If there is no restriction on movement, there is no way there will not be everybody everywhere. Let us just say each zone is at least eighty percent populated by locals. The most populated zone is SW followed by SS and NW, NC,NE and then SE. Most cosmopolitan are Abuja, Lagos, Kaduna, PH, Onitsha etc but everywhere is mixed to roughly the same level and once the whole world equalizes the mixing will intensify but national and cultural identities will remain. I however don't think any Nigerian city is as mixed as London. Mixing can not be wished away but Igbos can buy out the non Igbos in the SE ditto for the Yoruba in the SW. Igbo land will never become Yoruba land and vice versa. Igbos however can build five cities of three million each in the heart of Igbo land under twenty years as was done by Nigeria in Abuja and the place will of course be flooded by Yoruba, Hausa, Chinese Indians, Europeans and etc and the place will be under the control of Igbos without controversy. In Anambra they rig elections too as Yoruba and Hausa may be up to one million but they leave the voting to only Igbos. UN or EU observers say during the last election, there was no credible voting in the SE. Do you think if no rigging in Lagos, Igbo voters can outvote Yoruba in an ethnic voting? Even when they can not win a single LG chairmanship?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Okada691: 8:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
lawani:

The leader of Yoruba in Anambra say there are 500k Yorubas there. An Igbo woman told me Hausas in Enugu May out number Igbos and I know people from Ilesa in Enugu. Lagos is not more cosmopolitan than Abuja, Kaduna, PH, Onitsha etc. But Lagos have more population as in double the next state to it most probably. It is merely population caused by the efficiency of the LASG. Any state could have done it. Yoruba investment in other places is more than non Yoruba investment in Yoruba land. They can buy everybody out, so there is no big deal. However territory is territory and Yoruba territory is different from Hausa territory. Nowhere like Sabongari Kano in Lagos or other parts of the SW that has been handed over to others. I believe Yoruba maybe eighty percent of Lagos at least. I agree with you that if SS Igbos are added to SE Igbos it will swell the population because many Igbos I know are SS Igbos from Anioma and etc but if zone by zone, SS will most likely surpass the SE in population in Lagos. Don't be deceived by the mix you see in some markets and not the majority of markets because for every ten people selling in the market, there may be two hundred in other places. There is no city you will enter in the North that Yorubas will not surpass Igbos. In ABU Ondo students Union has always been the largest. Futminna, Unijos, Unimaid is the same story and those are undeniable
stats. Therefore anytime you count, you find more Yorubas but it is not so in Eastern universities like Unical and etc where there are more Igbos than Yorubas. In my class at OAU, it was an healthy mix of Itsekiri, Igala, Igbos, Benin, Tiv, and etc. Everybody is everywhere. If Yoruba are not that much in Lagos, why are they controlling everything by almost 100 percent?. Anambra is doing the same thing and non Igbos in Anambra have a very high population but no elective posts at all. Enugu is doing the same and etc. Why should any state be different?. It will not change in a million years. I don't agree that SE is more homogenous than others. From the onset, a place like Enugu has had a large number of Hausas and it remains so till today. If there is no restriction on movement, there is no way there will not be everybody everywhere. Let us just say each zone is at least eighty percent populated by locals. The most populated zone is SW followed by SS and NW, NC,NE and then SE. Most cosmopolitan are Abuja, Lagos, Kaduna, PH, Onitsha etc but everywhere is mixed to roughly the same level and once the whole world equalizes the mixing will intensify but national and cultural identities will remain. I however don't think any Nigerian city is as mixed as London. Mixing can not be wished away but Igbos can buy out the non Igbos in the SE ditto for the Yoruba in the SW. Igbo land will never become Yoruba land and vice versa. Igbos however can build five cities of three million each in the heart of Igbo land under twenty years as was done by Nigeria in Abuja and the place will of course be flooded by Yoruba, Hausa, Chinese Indians, Europeans and etc and the place will be under the control of Igbos without controversy. In Anambra they rig elections too as Yoruba and Hausa may be up to one million but they leave the voting to only Igbos. UN or EU observers say during the last election, there was no credible voting in the SE. Do you think if no rigging in Lagos, Igbo voters can outvote Yoruba in an ethnic voting? Even when they can not win a single LG chairmanship?.
They might be up to that number in Anambra, but then that is Anambra, it might still be an exaggeration. I saw the thread you talked about, even many yorubas who has been to Anambra on that thread doubted that figure, because there is a way the mind play on us. I will give you the 500k in Anambra, yorubas everywhere else in Igbo land will not be up to the 500k in Anambra. If at all, there are 500k Yorubas in Anambra, It is because Anambra is a heavy business place hosting 3 cities with life in them which are Onitsha, Akwa, Nnewi. I doubt it is up to at most they will be 300,000 there, even the Yorubas on that Nairaland thread where it was posted doubted. And the population of the Yorubas there are not constant as majority come for work and they leave when they are done with their business.

An Igbo woman in Enugu told you hausa people might outnumber Igbo there, that is a far cry from the truth, that is what we call hyperbolic statements in literature. Over exaggeration for the sake of emphasis. This is precipitated by the fact that they do settle in clusters, In quarters they inhabit, they usually settle alone, so when you go to these quarters, with about ten, 11, 12 street, you see their dense settlements of about 40 thousand , but really that is all to their population as compared to the greater part of Enugu. That is how they settle everywhere else.

Ilesa people might be there but they are very few. They are not sizeable.

Lagos is far more cosmopolitan than Kaduna,
Abuja, Portharcourt and Onitsha, for a lot of people leaving school, to get jobs that the pay is weighty, they tell you to come to Lagos,

Entertainment be it comedy, movies, the music industry to become a star, Lagos is the only choice and no where else.

The viable and full working ports in Nigeria are all based in Lagos.

Even the population for business is there, which drives many Igbos to that place and make them see it as the bride city in Nigeria.

No state could have done it, the city is fueled by the fact that it was the capital city of Nigeria for 85 years, it has very viable ports which attracted a lot of people from other parts of the country to it, and then where there is more population, every other thing works, it then became the entertainment hub in Nigeria, which In turn brought many other persons to it, the lag government has very few things to do with it.

Igbos investment in Lagos, ogun state, Ibadan and many other triples that of Yorubas by far, in Kano most of the houses in sabon gari are owned by the Igbos, even kaduna and many other places in the north. Their investment in Lagos is very huge. Igbos investment in Nigeria if you match it teeth to teeth with that of Yorubas, it’s more than three times that of Yoruba by a mile.

The Hausas usually hand out settlements because they don’t want a mix, an alteration, an adulteration of their culture, they don’t want any short skirts girl settling among them, that does not mean the population of Igbos in Lagos that settle among Yoruba people would not fill 5 sabon garis in Kano. That does not mean that Lagos is not by far a more cosmopolitan enclave than Kano.

Yorubas eighty percent of Lagos? You are a clown. Yorubas will not be eighty percent of Ogun state presently as we speak, if you know what is good for you, go and drive those Igbos out of your land. The combined population of Igbos in Yoruba land cannot be less than 7 million and the ones in Lagos are at the very least 4 million, that is a fair figure in today’s world. Yorubas at most will be 8 million today in Lagos.

That is a lie, there is no city in Kano where Yorubas surpass Igbo, i have been to all the major cities in Kano, From sabon gari to wudil, Rano, Dala even in their villages as far as garko, i still saw an Igbo Man there.

Even in kaduna, there is still sizeable population of Igbos, From kaduna, to kanfanchan to Zaria. The population of Yorubas in kaduna main town is sizeable,but then again the number of Igbos in kafanchan, Jos,makurdi,Yola,even Zaria is very large, even in Abuja, the number of Igbos is shocking that elrufai was quoted to say that Igbos own 70 percent of the properties in Abuja. I don’t know if the Igbos went there to school but day to day interface in these towns unveils you to more Igbos than Yorubas.

Igbos in Nigeria are not majorly concerned about local elections in Lagos state. They for the first time wanted a change in Peter obi and his governorship candidate that’s why they were enmeshed in this particular election that just passed. You should have given them a fair chance in Lagos to vote for gbadebo. Let us see if sanwo olu would have emerged with the block votes they would have given gbadebo. The only way to know if they can outvote you guys is if the fair chance was given. Sanwo Olu and his master knew better that is why they did not give them that chance.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by lawani: 9:56pm On Aug 30, 2023
Okada691:
They might be up to that number in Anambra, but then that is Anambra, it might still be an exaggeration. I saw the thread you talked about, even many yorubas who has been to Anambra on that thread doubted that figure, because there is a way the mind play on us. I will give you the 500k in Anambra, yorubas everywhere else in Igbo land will not be up to the 500k in Anambra. If at all, there are 500k Yorubas in Anambra, It is because Anambra is a heavy business place hosting 3 cities with life in them which are Onitsha, Akwa, Nnewi. I doubt it is up to at most they will be 300,000 there, even the Yorubas on that Nairaland thread where it was posted doubted. And the population of the Yorubas there are not constant as majority come for work and they leave when they are done with their business.

An Igbo woman in Enugu told you hausa people might outnumber Igbo there, that is a far cry from the truth, that is what we call hyperbolic statements in literature. Over exaggeration for the sake of emphasis. This is precipitated by the fact that they do settle in clusters, In quarters they inhabit, they usually settle alone, so when you go to these quarters, with about ten, 11, 12 street, you see their dense settlements of about 40 thousand , but really that is all to their population as compared to their greater part of Enugu. Ilesa people might be there bit they are very few. They are not sizeable. That is how they settle everywhere else.

Lagos is far more cosmopolitan than Kaduna,
Abuja, Portharcourt and Onitsha, for a lot of people leaving school, to get jobs that the pay is weighty, they tell you to come to Lagos,

Entertainment be it comedy, movies, the music industry to become a star, Lagos is the only choice and no where else.

The viable and full working ports in Nigeria are all based in Lagos.

Even the population for business is there, which drives many Igbos to that place and make them see it as the bride city in Nigeria.

No state could have done it, the city is fueled by the fact that it was the capital city of Nigeria for 85 years, it has very viable ports which attracted a lot of people from other parts of the country to it, and then where there is more population, every other thing works, it then became the entertainment hub in Nigeria, which In turn many other persons to it, the lag government has very few things to do with it.

Igbos investment in Lagos, ogun state, Ibadan and many other triples that of Yorubas by far, in Kano most of the houses in sabon gari are owned by the Igbos, even kaduna and many other places in the north. Their investment in Lagos is very huge. Igbos investment in Nigeria if you match it teeth to teeth with that of Yorubas, it’s more than three times that of Yoruba by a mile.

The Hausas usually hand out settlements because they don’t want a mix, an alteration, an adulteration of their culture, they don’t want any short skirts girl settling among them, that does not mean the population of Igbos in Lagos that settle among Yoruba people would not fill 5 sabon garis in Kano. That does not mean that Lagos is not by far a more cosmopolitan enclave than Kano.

Yorubas eighty percent of Lagos? You are a clown. Yorubas will not be eighty percent of Ogun state presently as we speak, if you know what is good for you, go and drive those Igbos out of your land. The combined population of Igbos in Yoruba land cannot be less than 7 million and the ones in Lagos are at the very least 4 million, that is a very figure in today’s world. Yorubas at most will be 8 million today in Lagos.

That is a lie, there is no city in Kano where Yorubas surpass Igbo, i have been to all the major cities in Kano, From sabon gari to wudil, Rano, Dala even in their villages as far as garko, i still saw an Igbo Man there.

Even in kaduna, there is still sizeable population of Igbos, From kaduna, to kanfanchan to Zaria. The population of Yorubas in kaduna main town is sizeable,but then again the number of Igbos in kafanchan, Jos,makurdi,Yola,even Zaria is very large, even in Abuja, the number of Igbos is shocking that elrufai was quoted to say that Igbos own 70 percent of the properties in Abuja. I don’t know if the Igbos went there to school but day to day interface in these towns unveils you to more Igbos than Yorubas.

How many Yoruba women do you think are living in the East with their Igbo husbands?. Yoruba oil workers, federal civil servants, artisans, telecomms workers, bank workers, pastors. Yoruba in the SE are not less than two million and SE will be around 25 million people.Igbos in the West are not more than SS or Northerners by any means but the business they do is different. Urhobos are heavily settled in the SW too. If it is only 1000 a day Yoruba spend per Capita in the SE, is that not money?. I don't know what you mean by Igbo investment times three of Yoruba in Nigeria. How many Igbos can boast of one million naira income per month?. Most people like that in Nigeria are more of Yoruba and we can list the business they do. What are the particular businesses you are talking about?. Selling in shops while paying rent to the owner is not much of an investment and that is what you are counting and if you count total traders, Yoruba will surpass Igbos but each are specialized in different directions. Produce buying even in the East is Yoruba controlled. Electronics is Igbo controlled but even Alaba electronics is thirty percent Yoruba. If in income and everything visible, Yoruba have more, so where is the investment you are talking about?. Name the companies and their CEOs, visible market share, staff strength and etc.
Then Lagos port is not as busy as Cotonou and Cotonou is not as populated as Ogbomosho. What are the Igbo investment in Ogun and Lagos that triple Yoruba?. Well if they exist they are still Yoruba investment. Just like if Glo incorporate in the coming Biafra, it will be a Biafran company. Even the Indians, Chinese Lebanese who sometimes are aided by foreign capital have not invested more than Yorubas in Yoruba land. Do you know the meaning of that?. Petrol stations, hotels, schools, pure water factories, breweries, bakeries, brick making, cement, food processing,haulage, pharmaceuticals, beverages, manufacturing, car assembly, private universities, elite secondary schools, mining, honey making, poultry, fisheries, large scale farming, vegetable oil production and etc. 90 percent of these things in Yoruba land are under Yoruba control. Igbos maybe five to ten percent of total traders but are specialized in some trading sectors.
Everywhere counting is possible in the North like in the universities, Yoruba have always surpassed Igbos. Yoruba in Lagos should be up to eighty percent because Igbos are mainly in trading and if you count all traders in all markets at the highest, they will be thirty percent. Ten percent of income earners in Lagos are civil servants of which at least eighty percent will be Yoruba and ninety percent of workers remaining are going to be A mix of bus drivers, carpenters, tailors, petrol station owners, petty traders, vulcanisers, hairdressers, barbers, hoteliers, private school teachers, bank workers, car dealers, bricklayers, painters, plumbers etc. How many of these trades are dominated by Igbos?. Majority of petty traders in Lagos are Yoruba. I just used eighty percent as an estimate no that I am sure Epe, Badagry and even Ikorodu are in Lagos too and they are still traditionsl Yoruba towns. Lagos island, VI are highly populated and largely filled with many government buildings and quarters. Hausa Kannywood do not reckon with Lagos and they have succeeded. So no big deal in Lagos entertainment. Lagos is not more cosmopolitan than PH and I believe Kaduna. The level of Yoruba presence in PH is at par if not more than Igbo presence in Lagos. El Rufai's statement has been shown to be wrong but that is not the issue here. There is no border against migration so everybody is moving and anywhere you like stay there but as Igbos, you have a distinct land and anything done by Yorubas on Hausa land is counted for Hausa land. Ditto for others. When there is proper census for planning purposes in post Nigeria nations then we will have real data and speculations will end. For now real data like university communities show more Yoruba than Igbo. Don't be saying Igbos have invested three times in Yoruba land than the natives again as not up to 0.1 percent of assets on Yoruba land is Igbo owned
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Okada691: 11:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
lawani:

How many Yoruba women do you think are living in the East with their Igbo husbands?. Yoruba oil workers, federal civil servants, artisans, telecomms workers, bank workers, pastors. Yoruba in the SE are not less than two million and SE will be around 25 million people.Igbos in the West are not more than SS or Northerners by any means but the business they do is different. Urhobos are heavily settled in the SW too. If it is only 1000 a day Yoruba spend per Capita in the SE, is that not money?. I don't know what you mean by Igbo investment times three of Yoruba in Nigeria. How many Igbos can boast of one million naira income per month?. Most people like that in Nigeria are more of Yoruba and we can list the business they do. What are the particular businesses you are talking about?. Selling in shops while paying rent to the owner is not much of an investment and that is what you are counting and if you count total traders, Yoruba will surpass Igbos but each are specialized in different directions. Produce buying even in the East is Yoruba controlled. Electronics is Igbo controlled but even Alaba electronics is thirty percent Yoruba. If in income and everything visible, Yoruba have more, so where is the investment you are talking about?. Name the companies and their CEOs, visible market share, staff strength and etc.
Then Lagos port is not as busy as Cotonou and Cotonou is not as populated as Ogbomosho. What are the Igbo investment in Ogun and Lagos that triple Yoruba?. Well if they exist they are still Yoruba investment. Just like if Glo incorporate in the coming Biafra, it will be a Biafran company. Even the Indians, Chinese Lebanese who sometimes are aided by foreign capital have not invested more than Yorubas in Yoruba land. Do you know the meaning of that?. Petrol stations, hotels, schools, pure water factories, breweries, bakeries, brick making, cement, food processing,haulage, pharmaceuticals, beverages, manufacturing, car assembly, private universities, elite secondary schools, mining, honey making, poultry, fisheries, large scale farming, vegetable oil production and etc. 90 percent of these things in Yoruba land are under Yoruba control. Igbos maybe five to ten percent of total traders but are specialized in some trading sectors.
Everywhere counting is possible in the North like in the universities, Yoruba have always surpassed Igbos. Yoruba in Lagos should be up to eighty percent because Igbos are mainly in trading and if you count all traders in all markets at the highest, they will be thirty percent. Ten percent of income earners in Lagos are civil servants of which at least eighty percent will be Yoruba and ninety percent of workers remaining are going to be A mix of bus drivers, carpenters, tailors, petrol station owners, petty traders, vulcanisers, hairdressers, barbers, hoteliers, private school teachers, bank workers, car dealers, bricklayers, painters, plumbers etc. How many of these trades are dominated by Igbos?. Majority of petty traders in Lagos are Yoruba. I just used eighty percent as an estimate no that I am sure Epe, Badagry and even Ikorodu are in Lagos too and they are still traditionsl Yoruba towns. Lagos island, VI are highly populated and largely filled with many government buildings and quarters. Hausa Kannywood do not reckon with Lagos and they have succeeded. So no big deal in Lagos entertainment. Lagos is not more cosmopolitan than PH and I believe Kaduna. The level of Yoruba presence in PH is at par if not more than Igbo presence in Lagos. El Rufai's statement has been shown to be wrong but that is not the issue here. There is no border against migration so everybody is moving and anywhere you like stay there but as Igbos, you have a distinct land and anything done by Yorubas on Hausa land is counted for Hausa land. Ditto for others. When there is proper census for planning purposes in post Nigeria nations then we will have real data and speculations will end. For now real data like university communities show more Yoruba than Igbo. Don't be saying Igbos have invested three times in Yoruba land than the natives again as not up to 0.1 percent of assets on Yoruba land is Igbo owned
Yorubas are not up to 1 million in the south east, it is not even close to. The east is the most homogeneous region in Nigeria.
Anybody that bears or calls on Chukwu or chi cannot be less than 4 million. Igbos from whatever divide cannot be less than 4 million. And that is a very okay figure In today’s world. Igbos in the entire west are more than northerners and south southerners . In the entire west, they are over 7 million. They have very sizeable populations in Ogun state and Ibadan too.

many Igbos can boast of 1 million Naira, in fact they have the largest middle class in Nigeria. They have more okay citizens than any other tribe in Nigeria. If they tell you how much they make in their shops daily. You will want to be an apprentice under them.

Who said produce buying in the east is controlled by the Yorubas, where is the reports?

Who told you Yorubas have more in everything. There are more poor Yorubas than there are Igbos. Igbo enterprise system is one of the mightiest in the world and it is a blessing to that tribe. If you doubt the financial strength of the Igbos, go to the east and see high rise buildings everywhere from Awka to Onitsha to Nnewi, to Abiriba even in their thick villages, but when you compare to Yoruba towns and cities not heavily inhabited by foreigners, you see a village like building and brown roof’s everywhere.

The densest part of Lagos are settled by the Igbos, even in badagry, epe and ikorodu, you will still find them in substantial numbers. Igbos control more than 50 percent of the total trading in Lagos state. Up to 60 percent of the total shipped goods come through the Igbos.

Post a link where numbers of students were counted. Not students associations as many persons might not want to associate with their students community. In my school uniben, up till i graduated I was never a member of my ethnic association.

Igbos are not mainly in trading, as much as they are in trading, they are also in movies, music and the comedy industry. Both as producers, editors, directors, writers, etc in my opinion, that is the biggest employer of labor in Lagos.

They also have a sizeable population among artisans and even in the corporate world. As ceos, as civil servants, workers, teachers, etc. It is not about being dominated by Igbos, they have their sizeable population in every of the craft you call out there. You also have the Akwa cross groups- Ibibios, Oron,Annang, Efik, would not be less than a million.
You also have the combination of Urhobos, Binis, Isokos, itsekiris,Esans, Etsakos, Ijaws, which would have a combined population of about 2 million. The Hausas and other northern groups are also there, where is the eighty percent coming from? Yorubas will staggeringly make up 40 percent of lagos as a single majority.

There is a super big deal in Lagos entertainment, it is the largest in Africa, and the third largest in the word. I mean the nollywood now so it’s a big deal. And it’s largely fueled by non Yorubas. And It has dragged a lot and lot of people to Lagos. Mention any kannywood actor or actress, i don’t know of anyone, but i know over 50 nollywood actors and actresses. And they are respected in every parts of the globe in the world.

Lagos is far more than cosmopolitan than ph or Abuja. Tell me the value of Portharcourt aside being an oil city. I watched several countless interviews, whereby people who would have hitherto not come to Lagos came to Lagos because they wanted to become something in the comedy, movies and the music industry. The number of Igbos in Lagos would fill up the entire city of port harcourt and its suburbs and add Yenagoa to it. It is not even a close arrangement, the number of Igbos and Akwa cross groups in Portharcourt are larger than Yorubas in port harcourt.

If there is proper census where state of origin would feature, i am very sure you would be shocked at the number of Igbos in Nigeria.

0.1 bawo ?up to 30 percent of investment in Lagos are Igbo owned.

Igbos are at least twice the population of Yorubas in the north. Aside kaduna main town, where the Yorubas might upscale the Igbos a little, everywhere i went to in Kano and kaduna, the Igbos were clearly more

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by lawani: 2:46am On Aug 31, 2023
Okada691:
Yorubas are not up to 1 million in the south east, it is not even close to. The east is the most homogeneous region in Nigeria.
Anybody that bears or calls on Chukwu or chi cannot be less than 4 million. Igbos from whatever divide cannot be less than 4 million. And that is a very okay figure In today’s world. Igbos in the entire west are more than northerners and south southerners . In the entire west, they are over 7 million. They have very sizeable populations in Ogun state and Ibadan too.

many Igbos can boast of 1 million Naira, in fact they have the largest middle class in Nigeria. They have more okay citizens than any other tribe in Nigeria. If they tell you how much they make in their shops daily. You will want to be an apprentice under them.

Who said produce buying in the east is controlled by the Yorubas, where is the reports?

Who told you Yorubas have more in everything. There are more poor Yorubas than there are Igbos. Igbo enterprise system is one of the mightiest in the world and it is a blessing to that tribe. If you doubt the financial strength of the Igbos, go to the east and see high rise buildings everywhere from Awka to Onitsha to Nnewi, to Abiriba even in their thick villages, but when you compare to Yoruba towns and cities not heavily inhabited by foreigners, you see a village like building and brown roof’s everywhere.

The densest part of Lagos are settled by the Igbos, even in badagry, epe and ikorodu, you will still find them in substantial numbers. Igbos control more than 50 percent of the total trading in Lagos state. Up to 60 percent of the total shipped goods come through the Igbos.

Post a link where numbers of students were counted. Not students associations as many persons might not want to associate with their students community. In my school uniben, up till i graduated I was never a member of my ethnic association.

Igbos are not mainly in trading, as much as they are in trading, they are also in movies, music and the comedy industry. Both as producers, editors, directors, writers, etc in my opinion, that is the biggest employer of labor in Lagos.

They also have a sizeable population among artisans and even in the corporate world. As ceos, as civil servants, workers, teachers, etc. It is not about being dominated by Igbos, they have their sizeable population in every of the craft you call out there. You also have the Akwa cross groups- Ibibios, Oron,Annang, Efik, would not be less than a million.
You also have the combination of Urhobos, Binis, Isokos, itsekiris,Esans, Etsakos, Ijaws, which would have a combined population of about 2 million. The Hausas and other northern groups are also there, where is the eighty percent coming from? Yorubas will staggeringly make up 40 percent of lagos as a single majority.

There is a super big deal in Lagos entertainment, it is the largest in Africa, and the third largest in the word. I mean the nollywood now so it’s a big deal. And it’s largely fueled by non Yorubas. And It has dragged a lot and lot of people to Lagos. Mention any kannywood actor or actress, i don’t know of anyone, but i know over 50 nollywood actors and actresses. And they are respected in every parts of the globe in the world.

Lagos is far more than cosmopolitan than ph or Abuja. Tell me the value of Portharcourt aside being an oil city. I watched several countless interviews, whereby people who would have hitherto not come to Lagos came to Lagos because they wanted to become something in the comedy, movies and the music industry. The number of Igbos in Lagos would fill up the entire city of port harcourt and its suburbs and add Yenagoa to it. It is not even a close arrangement, the number of Igbos and Akwa cross groups in Portharcourt are larger than Yorubas in port harcourt.

If there is proper census where state of origin would feature, i am very sure you would be shocked at the number of Igbos in Nigeria.

0.1 bawo ?up to 30 percent of investment in Lagos are Igbo owned.

Igbos are at least twice the population of Yorubas in the north. Aside kaduna main town, where the Yorubas might upscale the Igbos a little, everywhere i went to in Kano and kaduna, the Igbos were clearly more

People can not be dominated on their land unless conquered then they will gradually lose their language and identity over time. There is therefore no possibility of Yoruba dominating Igbos vice versa and etc. Even as a majority, domination will be impossible without conquering the natives. Igbos are not controlling all importation because what is being imported can be listed and we know who controls what. 70 percent of vehicle importation is Yoruba controlled. Thirty percent of electronics too. Igbos control spare parts. Clothes is shared. Jewellery is probably Yoruba and Hausa, Fuel nko?. London used phones?. Computers?. Brewery feed?. Fiish feed?. Imported wines? Stock for pharmaceuticals?. Do the calculations by yourself and you will see that Igbo is not certain of 20 percent. There is no area in Lagos under Igbo control. They live in the midst of Yorubas. Rivers is around 45 percent of Lagos and that is huge. If it were up to Lagos, then Yorubas inside would be like the population of a state. Therefore everybody is more or less equally dispersed and not only Igbos. If on a per Capita basis then Urhobos in the SW are more than Igbos. Igbos only beat them with gross. Then Nollywood exists in the East as well. Upper Iweka road Onitsha is Nollywood and films can be shot anywhere. Market is all over the world. Size of the film industry of each nation after Nigeria will be roughly proportional to the population. Lagos will remain the way it is. Nollywood is comprised of Kannywood, Yorubawood and Upper Iweka road Onitsha and other segments. It will just disintegrate. I don't really watch even Yoruba not to talk of Kannywood as I don't understand Hausa but they have the market which they serve that makes them an industry. Lagos is not more cosmopolitan than PH, Abuja or Kaduna by any means. As Igbos are coming to Lagos and Yoruba land, Yoruba are also headed East. It cancels out but SW is more than double the SE in population. Igbo owned assets in Yoruba land may be below ten percent of 0.1 percent. You will agree if you really understand what asset means. Is it buildings you want to count?. Of which they don't have up to five out of 1000 before we go to farms and other means of production.
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Okada691: 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2023
lawani:

People can not be dominated on their land unless conquered then they will gradually lose their language and identity over time. There is therefore no possibility of Yoruba dominating Igbos vice versa and etc. Even as a majority, domination will be impossible without conquering the natives. Igbos are not controlling all importation because what is being imported can be listed and we know who controls what. 70 percent of vehicle importation is Yoruba controlled. Thirty percent of electronics too. Igbos control spare parts. Clothes is shared. Jewellery is probably Yoruba and Hausa, Fuel nko?. London used phones?. Computers?. Brewery feed?. Fiish feed?. Imported wines? Stock for pharmaceuticals?. Do the calculations by yourself and you will see that Igbo is not certain of 20 percent. There is no area in Lagos under Igbo control. They live in the midst of Yorubas. Rivers is around 45 percent of Lagos and that is huge. If it were up to Lagos, then Yorubas inside would be like the population of a state. Therefore everybody is more or less equally dispersed and not only Igbos. If on a per Capita basis then Urhobos in the SW are more than Igbos. Igbos only beat them with gross. Then Nollywood exists in the East as well. Upper Iweka road Onitsha is Nollywood and films can be shot anywhere. Market is all over the world. Size of the film industry of each nation after Nigeria will be roughly proportional to the population. Lagos will remain the way it is. Nollywood is comprised of Kannywood, Yorubawood and Upper Iweka road Onitsha and other segments. It will just disintegrate. I don't really watch even Yoruba not to talk of Kannywood as I don't understand Hausa but they have the market which they serve that makes them an industry. Lagos is not more cosmopolitan than PH, Abuja or Kaduna by any means. As Igbos are coming to Lagos and Yoruba land, Yoruba are also headed East. It cancels out but SW is more than double the SE in population. Igbo owned assets in Yoruba land may be below ten percent of 0.1 percent. You will agree if you really understand what asset means. Is it buildings you want to count?. Of which they don't have up to five out of 1000 before we go to farms and other means of production.
Vehicle importations, electronics, London used phones and computers even pharmaceuticals are dominated by the Igbos.

The economy of Lagos is largely under Igbo control, From importation to the entertainment industry and businesses in Lagos. It is someone that does not have any idea of Lagos that you can decieve.

Yorubas in Portharcourt are at most 500k, i don’t act on them say, I have been there. They are the third migrant group there, after the Igbos and the Akwa cross groups.

Whether the Urhobos are per capita basis are more,
That is in comparison to their population, i did not dispute that, but Igbos cannot be less than 4 million in Lagos and over seven million in the entire south west. That’s largely a safe guess.

Whether nollywood exist in the east or not, Lagos is the market. It is from Lagos that is where they have marketed it to the world and it is now a global brand. The third largest after Hollywood and Bollywood. It has contributed greatly to the economy of Lagos. And It has drawn people from far and wide into Lagos.

Lagos is far more cosmopolitan than ph, kaduna and Abuja, they are not even in the same league. Lagos is many things to Nigerians which those places are not.

Yorubas are not headed to the east in the same measure, majority of them go there to work and return, majority of them can’t even afford such high cost of land in Igbo land. Those of them that can afford it would not want to try it, especially when they think of how many plot such amount can get them in their land

In Lagos where i am very familiar with, they have up to 35 at the very least of asset and properties in Lagos, we are talking those face me i face you in ikorodu and badagry areas, we are talking about worthy assets and properties in the high brow areas and their worth as compared to the numerous face me i face you everywhere else that are owned by yorubas

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by lawani: 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2023
Okada691:
Vehicle importations, electronics, London used phones and computers even pharmaceuticals are dominated by the Igbos.

The economy of Lagos is largely under Igbo control, From importation to the entertainment industry and businesses in Lagos. It is someone that does not have any idea of Lagos that you can decieve.

Yorubas in Portharcourt are at most 500k, i don’t act on them say, I have been there. They are the third migrant group there, after the Igbos and the Akwa cross groups.

Whether the Urhobos are per capita basis are more,
That is in comparison to their population, i did not dispute that, but Igbos cannot be less than 4 million in Lagos and over seven million in the entire south west. That’s largely a safe guess.

Whether nollywood exist in the east or not, Lagos is the market. It is from Lagos that is where they have marketed it to the world and it is now a global brand. The third largest after Hollywood and Bollywood. It has contributed greatly to the economy of Lagos. And It has drawn people from far and wide into Lagos.

Lagos is far more cosmopolitan than ph, kaduna and Abuja, they are not even in the same league. Lagos is many things to Nigerians which those places are not.

Yorubas are not headed to the east in the same measure, majority of them go there to work and return, majority of them can’t even afford such high cost of land in Igbo land. Those of them that can afford it would not want to try it, especially when they think of how many plot such amount can get them in their land

In Lagos where i am very familiar with, they have up to 35 at the very least of asset and properties in Lagos, we are talking those face me i face you in ikorodu and badagry areas, we are talking about worthy assets and properties in the high brow areas and their worth as compared to the numerous face me i face you everywhere else that are owned by yorubas

Are you saying Igbos are slaving in Yoruba land if they are doing so much and are not even in government?. Not even a local government chairman in Lagos or a commissioner?. It is not correct at all. Tokunbo car market is mainly in western Nigeria and it is only Lagos you find Igbos in the business maybe thirty percent if up to that but hinterland SW, it is only Yoruba and people come even to Ilesa from all over the country to buy Tokunbo. Therefore Tokunbo sales is more than eighty percent Yoruba controlled. There are people whose job is to travel and buy clothes, all their working capital maybe around ten million naira and they are not retailing, they sell to retailers and majority of such people are Yoruba who sell to any retailer including Igbos There are many imported things in the country and it should be easy for you to see that a pharmaceutical company in Osun dealing with India and USA is not using Igbo importers nor is a vehicle assembly plant in Kaduna owned by foreigners. So what makes you think Igbo is controlling all importation?. It is only what you sell you can import and not what others sell. Film making can be anywhere and the market is global but once Nigeria breaks up, the industry will be separated as part of different GDPs obviously and of course Igbo films will sell in Yoruba land abd vice versa as well as all over the world and Lagos will continue to host shows just as London etc do. It changes nothing or what do you think can change?. Kannywood already has a distinct identity despite being a segment of Nollywood. After Nigeria breaks up more people are still going to enter the industry in the new countries. I might invest in it as I have many stories and only one good story can gross any amount which does not stop the same thing in Biafra, so I don't know why you are like how you are. No matter the number of non Yoruba in the SW, it is still Yoruba land but I am just pointing out to you the errors in your assertions because false statements can become true in the brains of those constantly being bombarded by it. Though you have no real identity but your attitude can affect good Igbo people. If you are Igbo you are not a very likeable one because you make insultive statements the proof of which you don't have. IAgain, Igbos in Yoruba land are producing for the Yoruba land and Yoruba in Igbo land are producing for that land and Igbo owned houses in any Yoruba city is not up to 2 out of 1000 but the land under it is still communally owned. If you say Yoruba can not afford land in the East you would be wrong, if you live there you will buy land and people who are there are buying, if Yoruba cant buy then Igbo in the same place who have even less purchàsing power will not also be able to buy but that economics is difficult for you to understand. If land is expensive as you said then, the average Igbo man in the East will not be able to even afford rent but family men with 50k salary in the East can afford rent and that should tell you the average value of real estate in the East. If I go there tomorrow with cash, I will buy property. Churches like RCCG, Deeper life etc are littering the place and they sell land to them and you come here to say Igbo land is expensive?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! / 4 Reasons Why Ladies Block Their Last Seen On Whatsapp By Jumia Travel / Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.