Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,846 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines (44067 Views)

9mobile Recorded The Highest Number Of Porting Subscribers, See Full Reports! / Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? / MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by scholes0(m): 3:48pm On May 19, 2016
kokobongo:
Ghana's

So SW Nigeria alone has more phones than Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 19, 2016
sparrowkid:
From this info, one could also deduce albeit vaguely the purchasing power of the people. This is because na the person wey chop well na im go remember say im want call or even browse the internet. grin

Lailai, person wey no chop well no go even remember say im get phone talkless of making calls or browsing. grin

Though you might be right about that but i think what can actually be deduced from this statistics is literacy level of each region cum state. Many people can afford any brand or model of phones in Nigeria, but how to maximise the utility depends on lietracy level and exposure.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by lexyclasy: 3:51pm On May 19, 2016
YourNemesis:
South West! shocked shocked shocked shocked
your statistics is faulty in a way......relating it to Population figures is absurd.....again you should base your premise on state of origin of the subscribers not state of registration and you will know that Lagos, Kano, Rivers,Ogun, Oyo and Kaduna...will know their true colour....untill when you get that fact right then i will give a feel on your statistics
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by tommynico(m): 3:57pm On May 19, 2016
ceejay4real:

My guy let me educate u small cos it's obvious u are a YOLOBA TRIBALIST on the loose. From ur post u ve already concluded that the South East is the least populated region in the country which is a blatant lie unless you are more enlightened than our Colonial Masters that established the fact that the Igbos were one of the three major ethnic groups in the country. Secondly, most Igbos are either in other parts of Nigeria or beyond our borders. Many of those phone lines and Internet access figures u see there are actually owned by Igbo folks. The Igbos most likely are the second highest in population apart from the indigenes in most if not all the States across this country. Lastly, there are SO MANY Igbos indigenous to the South South Region namely the Ikwerres in Rivers and the Ikas in Delta State so why the beef and u claim to have Igbo cousins! The South East for ur information has been underdeveloped or even undeveloped by the FG as an unofficial policy since the end of the Civil War. That's why most of the youth have 'fled' to other regions especially Lagos and Abuja & also outside the Country in search of 'greener pastures'. I know what am saying cos am well travelled within the country and am currently living in the East. Almost all my childhood friends and pry/ secondary school classmates have either left Nigeria or aren't staying in the South East at all! So my guy stfu and stop spewing rubbish here all in the name of tribal bigotry! Well, am not surprised cos most of you YOLOBA guys hate the Igbos with a passion as if we are stopping u guys from achieving ur dreams! I guess it must be out of inferiority complex most likely. So Mr. Man, when next u wanna post here get ur facts right or be objective in either ur criticisms or praise singing and stop spreading tribal hate on this forum. Good day!

U were making sence from the begining but failed woefully at the end. Am a yoruba 4rm ondo state and i do av a lot ibo friends who are nice nd friendly. But u saying we yorubas hate the ibos is a wrong statement wen actually it's the ibos that smells threat in everything the yorubas does. One thing i knw for certain is that the yorubas hate it wen some people 4rm another tribe tries to lord them on their own soil, but still we are very accomodating.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by YourNemesis: 4:00pm On May 19, 2016
lexyclasy:
your statistics is faulty in a way......relating it to Population figures is absurd.....again you should base your premise on state of origin of the subscribers not state of registration and you will know that Lagos, Kano, Rivers,Ogun, Oyo and Kaduna...will know their true colour....untill when you get that fact right then i will give a feel on your statistics

I resemble OP?
Btw: Yes it is very related to population figures.

Remove Ogun and Oyo from your silly extrapolations.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by demoore1(m): 4:07pm On May 19, 2016
YonkijiSappo:
Jesu!! The Gap between the South West and the other regions is so huge, it is not even funny.
And these people said Lagos was 9 Million in 2006, but active phones alone don almost double official population figure for Lagos cheesy cheesy loool.
Same goes for Ogun and Oyo.....
Nigerian government kind of lies are not common sense lies, even a toddler will know when they see it. grin

Lagos is nothing less than 25 Million, Ogun and Oyo are no less than 10 Million and the South west as a whole is no less than 57 Million people if almost 44 Million of the people there can afford to keep their phone lines active, not to mention all those remote villages in Northern Oyo, Ilaje and Ijebu creeks and near the Benin borner that have no cell coverage. (Multiple lines notwithstanding, I would have said 65 Million)

How many people from south south and south east reside in lagos and vice verser.
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 19, 2016
Yoruba always come first in anything BEST

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by totit: 4:15pm On May 19, 2016
jagorinho:

honestly, i dnt have problem with u, nt even with the matured responses u gave to my mentions, but u must admit dat d ratio is out of place, dats just my point, there are differences between a region, state and a city. dat ratio cant just work comparing two cities....have a good day.

The stats was purely Base on regional calculation/figure.
What ratio, what else do you want?

Infact the stats only proved and re-firmed the the poverty index as provided by me above.

You should ask yourself, why and how these figures tally with each others taking into consideration the poverty index by these foreign organisations plus this one?

This is a simple as ABC stop been emotional there's nothing you can do to distort or twist the facts. wink

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by sade1994(f): 4:27pm On May 19, 2016
Igbos Eh! Jeez! always feeling insecure! For sth that is so obvious, they'll still argue. ....

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by YourNemesis: 4:27pm On May 19, 2016
discusant:

Exclude Lagos no-man's land from the SW, the figure for SW is nearly at par with the northeast.

is it that you are so dull, or that you are partially blind.
Can't you do simple arithmetic and see that the SW even without Lagos is still the leading region.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by jagorinho: 4:35pm On May 19, 2016
totit:

The stats was purely Base on regional calculation/figure.
What ratio, what else do you want?

Infact the stats only proved and re-firmed the the poverty index as provided by me above.

You should ask yourself, why and how these figures tally with each others taking into consideration the poverty index by these foreign organisations plus this one?

This is a simple as ABC stop been emotional there's nothing you can do to distort or twist the facts. wink

hey!! dont play d emotion card here,and i wasnt referring to any stat from d article above....in simple words all am saying is, it is uncalled for to say for every 1 yoruba in owerri there are 10000 ibos in ibadan
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by totit: 4:38pm On May 19, 2016
jagorinho:

hey!! dont play d emotion card here,and i wasnt referring to any stat from d article above....in simple words all am saying is, it is uncalled for to say for every 1 yoruba in owerri there are 10000 ibos in ibadan

When did I said/wrote that?

Infact, you actually got it wrong.
Please quote where, in any of my comments I wrote that. cool

Waiting..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Blitzeee(m): 4:40pm On May 19, 2016
Good info, man. Hope NL members stop tribe-discussing every issue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Sall(m): 4:47pm On May 19, 2016
scholes0:

Shioor.. 50% foreigners ko, 100% Aliens ni.
those figures for the SW you see there is nothing less than 85% Yoruba. And Lagos is the ony reason it is even that low. All other tribes have the other 15%
You better go think of how to save ur region from massive brain and labour drain

where is Lalasticlala sef....
Guy you dey veess oooo.
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by porka: 4:53pm On May 19, 2016
YonkijiSappo:

I know about multiple sims, and I mentioned it.
I am not saying the figures are exact with population in each state, but it gives a general figure.
If you believe the last population census figures for Lagos (9 Million) and Some other states then you are on your own o.

You are entitled to your fundamental rights to doubt and to assume.

There's a provision for any aggrieved people/states at the Census Tribunal to file a complaint which the Lagos State government rightfully explored.

You may avail yourself of the Tribunal verdict.

Nevertheless, the last census (national head count) was in 2006. That's exactly 10 years ago. It doesn't make much sense to think a human population would remain the same for 10 years, does it?
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by jagorinho: 5:09pm On May 19, 2016
totit:

When did I said/wrote that?

Infact, you actually got it wrong.
Please quote where, in any of my comments I wrote that. cool

Waiting..

guy, check my 1st post here, i quoted "evansvenus" when he made dat statement and u started quoting me afterwards, u can see d guy's post on d 2nd page. Am here just to correct dat statement, nothing more!!!! peace.
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by YourNemesis: 5:12pm On May 19, 2016
porka:

You are entitled to your fundamental rights to doubt and to assume.

There's a provision for any aggrieved people/states at the Census Tribunal to file a complaint which the Lagos State government rightfully explored.

You may avail yourself of the Tribunal verdict.

Nevertheless, the last census (national head count) was in 2006. That's exactly 10 years ago. It doesn't make much sense to think a human population would remain the same for 10 years, does it?

Keep deceiving yourself.
The same year that the National Population Commission (Fraud masters) claimed that Kano (9.3 million) was more populated than Lagos (9 million), the Lagos state Government had conducted their own parallel population census and counted 22 Million Lagosians. And that was way back in 2006.
What do you have to say about that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by chemystery: 5:17pm On May 19, 2016
pulsa:

so you guys have started adding Ogun state now right.
If that meets you as a threat, am sorry it's just the fact so deal with it.
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by chemystery: 5:18pm On May 19, 2016
Whathaveidone:

Y'all are shameless I swear. Before, you said you're only in Lagos now you've extended it to Ogun state grin grin cheesy

Which kind people be this tori olohun
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by igbanbajo(m): 5:22pm On May 19, 2016
Revealing and intriguing.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Ritchiee: 5:27pm On May 19, 2016
OmoIgala:

Guy, I no dey fight you na... I have Igbo cousins.
Am jus saying dat I am surprised by the figure for South East, because so many igbos have been saying on other thread that they are the most populated tribe in Nigeria. Also this is not an issue of having many children, the southeast has always being the least populated region in Nigeria.
Also, apart from women in the far North, do you have any evidence to show that Igbo women have less children than other tribes in the south? I dont think so because i know Ibos very well.
They breed like bed bugs..lol

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by str8talk1: 5:30pm On May 19, 2016
To all who cares to knw,d cheapest call rate in order of position are: 1st - ETISALAT 4. Limited edition, 2nd - Glo GBAM+Extra, 3rd - MTN TrueTalk, 4th - Airtel One-Sim
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by pulsa(m): 5:31pm On May 19, 2016
chemystery:
You guys don't have shame, you don't even realize that you are setting up our region as the only place you can ever be successful in life.
And don't tell me that crap about how it takes courage to venture out bla bla bla, as any idiot can see that you guys arecfucking refuges in our region running away from intense poverty and afflictions in your lands.
Yes you guys are fictitious Jews, and Southwest Nigeria the homeland for the sons and daughters of oduduwa is your fictitious promised land, but it is firstly and lastly our land and heritage, and in the words of ffk" we shall protect and keep it for ourselves alone"
p.s: if not for the entertaining Igbo chicks we would have long since sent you guys away.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Icon79(m): 5:52pm On May 19, 2016
Stupid stat. I am not from South West but, over the past 6 years or so, I have registered more 10 active cell phone numbers at Lagos. Anytime I return to Nigeria, I'd purchase two or more SIM cards in Lagos (MTN and Etisalat) and all of them are registered and activated in Lagos. So go figure, how accurate the Lagos stats can be.

O pari
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by YourNemesis: 6:07pm On May 19, 2016
Icon79:
Stupid stat. I am not from South West but, over the past 6 years or so, I have registered more 10 active cell phone numbers at Lagos. Anytime I return to Nigeria, I'd purchase two or more SIM cards in Lagos (MTN and Etisalat) and all of them are registered and activated in Lagos. So go figure, how accurate the Lagos stats can be.

O pari

Don't mind them.
I am Igbo from the South East. over the past 3 years or so, i have registered more than 20 active cell phone numbers in Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi and Enugu. Anytime I return to Nigeria I usually purchase 5 or more sim cards (2 MTN, 2 GLO and 1 Airtel) and all of them are registered and active in Nnewi, Onitsha, Enugu and Aba grin grin, So go figure out how accurate the Abia, Enugu, Anambra figures can be.

O di egwu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by chemystery: 6:18pm On May 19, 2016
pulsa:

You guys don't have shame, you don't even realize that you are setting up our region as the only place you can ever be successful in life.
And don't tell me that crap about how it takes courage to venture out bla bla bla, as any idiot can see that you guys arecfucking refuges in our region running away from intense poverty and afflictions in your lands.
Yes you guys are fictitious Jews, and Southwest Nigeria the homeland for the sons and daughters of oduduwa is your fictitious promised land, but it is firstly and lastly our land and heritage, and in the words of ffk" we shall protect and keep it for ourselves alone"
p.s: if not for the entertaining Igbo chicks we would have long since sent you guys away.
All this epistle for the few words i said. Chai! na so e pain you reach?
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by totit: 6:26pm On May 19, 2016
jagorinho:

guy, check my 1st post here, i quoted "evansvenus" when he made dat statement and u started quoting me afterwards, u can see d guy's post on d 2nd page. Am here just to correct dat statement, nothing more!!!! peace.

Perhaps I quoted the wrong person or you misinterpreted my comment.
It's OK.
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by YourNemesis: 6:29pm On May 19, 2016
chemystery:
All this epistle for the few words i said. Chai! na so e pain you reach?

lol, Nigerian refugees ...
but bia, how can a people loathe the land of their ancestors so much ... grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by jagorinho: 6:33pm On May 19, 2016
totit:

Perhaps I quoted the wrong person or you misinterpreted my comment. It's OK.
no qualms.
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by ibedun: 7:12pm On May 19, 2016
xpool:

MUST YOU SHOW YOUR INCURABLE ILLITRACY?

Kai! You have just shown the whole world your own. Learn to spell your own words, illiterate!!
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Chukazu: 7:53pm On May 19, 2016
OmoIgala:

Guy, I no dey fight you na... I have Igbo cousins.
Am jus saying dat I am surprised by the figure for South East, because so many igbos have been saying on other thread that they are the most populated tribe in Nigeria. Also this is not an issue of having many children, the southeast has always being the least populated region in Nigeria.
Also, apart from women in the far North, do you have any evidence to show that Igbo women have less children than other tribes in the south? I dont think so because i know Ibos very well.

when talking of population you factor religion and culture.

south east is probably the only region where people dont give birth based on religious beliefs.
in the north, men still marry multiple wives because their religion permits it.

in the West one still finds families that practice polygamy in single faith (like Muslim) family or missed-faith (like Christian and Muslim) family

but in the east, that is totally none existing.
so family planning is more there and coupled with late marriage among ibo men.. culture wise.

not forgetting migration... so you do the math
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Saladin1: 8:08pm On May 19, 2016
Chukazu:
Lago should have been a stand-alone like the FCT.

It is not stand alone because it doesn't stand alone it belongs to the south west. How is that difficult for you to accept?
[/quote]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! / 4 Reasons Why Ladies Block Their Last Seen On Whatsapp By Jumia Travel / Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.