Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,350 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk (20292 Views)

50 Pure Signs To Know She Not A Marriage Material, Guys Only! / Why Do Some Guys Talk About Their Sexcapades In The Public / Four Things Guys Talk About Behind Your Back! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by stilletos: 1:22am On Aug 23, 2009
C2H5OH:

Lol someone's butt hurt
Not at all am just applying my God giving talent to be objective as I read away and comment on NL. cool Wethin concern agbaro with overload wink
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by C2H5OH(f): 1:30am On Aug 23, 2009
how self-sufficient are you if i may ask? can you handle a real man. sounds like you would be too scared to even confront men with strength.
what say you

women who want to stand toe to toe are theones who usually need us in their lives
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by stilletos: 1:46am On Aug 23, 2009
C2H5OH:

how self-sufficient are you if i may ask? can you handle a real man. sounds like you would be too scared to even confront men with strength.
what say you

women who want to stand toe to toe are theones who usually need us in their lives

The bolded word is often misinterpreted. Heck!yeah!As a wise girl I will certainly be afriad to confront a man with the type of strength you are talking about. Does the strength of a man lie in his ability to beat up his girl if she dare challenges him? i think that is cowardice if you ask me. I believe the strength of a man lies in his ability to be patient- yet have have an aura that commands respect.
The fact that I am very diplomatic and don't pick quarrels with peeps unneccessarily don't mean I won't bitch slap a sucker if they were up in ma buzi. . .

Hmm I answered the question in the end huh? Although it wasn't on the same thread. I'll tell you this much you didn't waste that $3000 on that intro to psych class. Whoever said the best way to get a man to do something is by suggesting they can't do it was certainly talking about me. angry
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by C2H5OH(f): 1:48am On Aug 23, 2009
stilletos:

The bolded word is often misinterpreted. Heck!yeah!As a wise girl I will certainly be afriad to confront a man with the type of strength you are talking about. Does the strength of a man lie in his ability to beat up his girl if she dare challenges him? i think that is cowardice if you ask me. I believe the strength of a man lies in his ability to be patient- yet have have an aura that commands respect.
The fact that I am very diplomatic and don't pick quarrels with peeps unneccessarily don't mean I won't bitch slap a sucker if they were up in ma buzi. . .

Hmm I answered the question in the end huh? Although it wasn't on the same thread. I'll tell you this much you didn't waste that $3000 on that intro to psych class. Whoever said the best way to get a man to do something is by suggesting they can't do it was certainly talking about me. angry

seriously laughing my hairy ass off at everything you just said.
By the way, I agree with you and I like your approach to the question.

Does the strength of a man lie in his ability to beat up his girl if she dare challenges him?
Depends on what you mean by "challenges him". Too many think that challenge is in the form of being verbally abusive and outrageously loud during arguments. How patient must a man be to avoid being a verbal punching bag or a doormat?
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by stilletos: 2:16am On Aug 23, 2009
At 12 I picked up a very valuable life lesson from one of the sayings from the ancient folklore of my people. According to them a picture will come out exactly how you have posed for it, so don't go blaming the photographer. In the same vain you attract what you are. If you are some insecure bastard looking for some one to batter. You will most likely find a bitch with diarheaa of the mouth. As for all those self respecting men,if a woman don't respect- she don't deserve you.It really isn't rocket science. Personally I don't see why anyone would put themselves through an abusive relationship(phyiscal/verbal). Life is darn 2 short. Me sha death b4 dishonor. I'ld choose being single a billion times over than being with an abusive guy.
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by C2H5OH(f): 2:20am On Aug 23, 2009
stilletos:

At 12 I picked up a very valuable life lesson from one of the sayings from the ancient folklore of my people. According to them a picture will come out exactly how you have posed for it, so don't go blaming the photographer. In the same vain you attract what you are. If you are some insecure bastard looking for some one to batter. You will most likely find a bitch with diarheaa of the mouth. As for all those self respecting men,if a woman don't respect- she don't deserve you.It really isn't rocket science. Personally I don't see why anyone would put themselves through an abusive relationship(phyiscal/verbal). Life is darn 2 short. Me sha death b4 dishonor. I'ld choose being single a billion times over than being with an abusive guy.
Before I even venture to comment on your post, I must say that you sure do sound tougher than you probably really are. 
I have encountered chicks like you in bunches and you usually aren't as difficult as you portray.  I'm sure you are just a fluffly sweet bunny.  That's not to be interpreted to mean you allow people to walk over you.

Take me for example, I give what might seem like a decent chunk of "Shit" on here, but off it I'm very reserved and gentle, I think. lol
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by C2H5OH(f): 2:29am On Aug 23, 2009
Why must you "bitch slap" the sucker? Before I misinterprete what you mean by "bitch slap", I will give you a chance to explain what you mean by that. Isn't it obvious that if your first instinct or resolve to settling a conflict with a man who is in your business is to slap him, you are not to be taken lightly?
If he is your man he has some kind of right to be in your business, am I right?
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by stilletos: 2:42am On Aug 23, 2009
1. I have reservations to being called a fluffy sweet bunny.You might want to try that line with Paris Hilton.I am not a teddy bear and but I certainly don't do demons cheesy
C2H5OH:

Take me for example, I give what might seem like a decent chunk of "Shit" on here, but off it I'm very reserved and gentle, I think. lol
I guess words can be deceptive.We all come off a little stronger than we really are. Its all a facade I presume. But a good one I would say.

C2H5OH:

Why must you "bitch slap" the sucker? Before I misinterprete what you mean by "bitch slap", I will give you a chance to explain what you mean by that. Isn't it obvious that if your first instinct or resolve to settling a conflict with a man who is in your business is to slap him, you are not to be taken lightly?
If he is your man he has some kind of right to be in your business, am I right?

By bitch slap I don't mean it in the literal sense. That was mostly in reference to my posting on NL. If some sucker throws shit at me, I'll have no choice but to duck and then throw right back atchu. I can't really remember ever slapping any one ever in my life. I believe violence is for cowards who are too scared to look reality in the face. Well something tells me I must have slapped lots of juniors in high school cos the oppounity is too good to pass off. Anyhoo I would never raise a hand at a guy accept he violates me. This however has never happened and it never will.
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by C2H5OH(f): 2:54am On Aug 23, 2009
stilletos:

I love this. It makes a lot of sense but let's be real with ourselves: If a successful, polite, respectful, young gentleman attracts women from all angles and walks of life - loudmouths, chickenheads, drug-abusers, etc, it's not because of what he has done wrong, but because he has become "somebody" and his success is admired. and those women would love nothing more than to be with somebody like him. Being with him does not automatically change who they are. There are men who love their women with great respect and are faithful to them, and yet their admirable traits do not stop these women from cheating on them. It's not because these men deserved the dirt; it's because those women are bad news.
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by stilletos: 3:10am On Aug 23, 2009
C2H5OH:

I love this. It makes a lot of sense but let's be real with ourselves: If a successful, polite, respectful, young gentleman attracts women from all angles and walks of life - loudmouths, chickenheads, drug-abusers, etc, it's not because of what he has done wrong, but because he has become "somebody" and his success is admired. and those women would love nothing more than to be with somebody like him. Being with him does not automatically change who they are. There are men who love their women with great respect and are faithful to them, and yet their admirable traits do not stop these women from cheating on them. It's not because these men deserved the dirt; it's because those women are bad news.

I was nodding when I was reading your post, until I got to the bolded.Okay yes a man that holds his own is gonna have the honeys all over him. The good part is he still reserves the right to choose from the battalion who he is gonna roll with. If a woman is bad news do you need consult the okija shrine b4 u keep her at arms length? Some people are so bitter about relationships. They speak like the world has thrown the most sour lemons at them. The bolded statement sounds like you are threading on dangerous grounds. SO the reason for your failed relationships in the past or perhaps any self respecting man's relationship was because the girl was bad news? We should all learn to be take responsibility for our actions- atleast some of it.
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by C2H5OH(f): 3:15am On Aug 23, 2009
Hopefully you will be back to continue this talk on another date
stilletos:

1. I have reservations to being called a fluffy sweet bunny.You might want to try that line with Paris Hilton.I am not a teddy bear and but I certainly don't do demons cheesy
What reserverations?  Messes up your swag or subtracts from your street-credibility?
From the way it sounds, it wouldn't even matter if you did demons because you can handle it.

I guess words can be deceptive.We all come off a little stronger than we really are. Its all a facade I presume. But a good one I would say.
How good is this one?  What's underneath all that front I feel like you're putting up?  I said it's fluff but you disagreed so tell me what exactly it is.

By bitch slap I don't mean it in the literal sense. That was mostly in reference to my posting on NL. If some sucker throws shit at me, I'll have no choice but to duck and then throw right back atchu. I can't really remember ever slapping any one ever in my life. I believe violence is for cowards who are too scared to look reality in the face. Well something tells me I must have slapped lots of juniors in high school cos the oppounity is too good to pass off. Anyhoo I would never raise a hand at a guy accept he violates me. This however has never happened and it never will.
I like this.  To whom much is given, much is expected.  If you give a man your respect, there's a high possibility that the respect you have given that person will be requited.
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by sweetpie23: 8:27am On Aug 23, 2009
wife material is what a guy would like to carry home to mama cool
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by stilletos: 11:01pm On Aug 23, 2009
C2H5OH:

Messes up your swag or subtracts from your street-credibility?

lol. . .I just wanted to insert that somewhere in my post. Rita really cracked me up with that one. Btw being called a doll or a teddy is a really admirable thing, but not in the middle of a heated feminist discussion.

C2H5OH:

How good is this one? What's underneath all that front I feel like you're putting up? I said it's fluff but you disagreed so tell me what exactly it is.

I like it when people mistake me to be stern, controlling and stuck up when they just met me. Thats like a defense mechanism or a protective layer that shields me from opportunist.

C2H5OH:

I like this. To whom much is given, much is expected. If you give a man your respect, there's a high possibility that the respect you have given that person will be requited.

You are probably right, but even if it isn't requited-wats the worst that can happen? People really need to breathe in between relationships. I don't know about guys but some girls around me can get so desperate. If you ask me desperation is not sexy at all . .Dude!You need to be comfortable in your own skin then you'ld be able to hold relationships.Sorry I got a little carried away. I plan to have a talk show in the future. And yep!I jump at any opporunity to practice.
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Sagamite(m): 11:05pm On Aug 23, 2009
stilletos:

I think your post was rather arrogant if you ask me.I feel very sorry for you. Anyway I'm sure you havent been single long enough thats why you have such crass on your lips. Don't wory when you become a charity case you'll get real and stop acting like a princess. If thats your photo, you are certainly not a contender with Will smith but you are not bad either. cheesy

What makes it arrogant?
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by stilletos: 11:35pm On Aug 23, 2009
It just sounds like you are on the "the bachelor", and 25 hot girls are vying for your attention and you are dishing out orders. What do you mean by girls have to score a mininum of so and so on your chart before they can be awarded the marriage certificate.Excuse you! cheesy
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Sagamite(m): 11:49pm On Aug 23, 2009
stilletos:

It just sounds like you are on the "the bachelor", and 25 hot girls are vying for your attention and you are dishing out orders. What do you mean by girls have to score a mininum of so and so on your chart before they can be awarded the marriage certificate.Excuse you! cheesy

What do I mean?

I have standards.

I simply have a minimum standard I will go for before tying the rest of my life down and give what I have to give.

Somwrong with dat? cheesy
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by stilletos: 12:02am On Aug 24, 2009
winkPresentation is everything. Everybody has standards but whatever happened to the good old virtues that mama taught us?Rememeber that thing called modesty and humility? I guess its the manner in which you phrased it. I don't know about you but I find it rather odd when some says "Oh I am very smart." I guess you are just a really arrogant person which is a good thing- whatever works for you. I just can't stand proud people.
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Sagamite(m): 12:56am On Aug 24, 2009
stilletos:

winkPresentation is everything. Everybody has standards but whatever happened to the good old virtues that mama taught us?Rememeber that thing called modesty and humility? I guess its the manner in which you phrased it. I don't know about you but I find it rather odd when some says "Oh I am very smart." I guess you are just a really arrogant person which is a good thing- whatever works for you. I just can't stand proud people.

I wouldn't say I am arrogant, babes. I would rather say I am conceited and I have a lot of reasons to be.  tongue cheesy
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by uchemummy(f): 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2009
Pls what of boy friend and husband materia?
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by totorimi: 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2009
What is good is good, I know one mans meat can be another man's poison but then we all know the qualities we need in a woman. In Naija or Africa as a whole a wife is expected to be God fearing, love children, able to keep the home through her feminism in addition having high culinary skills. That way we can all tell that she is a true Naija daughter that learnt a lot from the mother. A girlfriend will waste your money a wife will save your money. A gf will bring you disease a wifey will keep you safe from disease.
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by FynestG: 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2009
@ Deep Soul, u said it all.A GF material may turn out 2 b a Wife material n vice versa.U cant jst concluded lyk dat.U have 2 know d woman very well b4 u conclud. wink

Besides wat happens 2 d BF material n Husband material?Y r u hackin' on d female speciez. undecided

As 4 debest1 u really nid 2 luk deep b4 u find wat u'r lukin 4. shocked
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by dyabman(m): 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2009
sumtimes if u look too deep it blinds the inner eye, cool
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by candylips(m): 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2009
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by blesdman(m): 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2009
Really a nice topic:
My personal view of a wife material are:
hospitable, good smile, homely, got brains and common sense, good in advice, good personal hygeinne, respectable and modest dress sense(not flouting precious), then of sound moral and spiritual background(christ-like).
While any trait can go for a girl friend material.
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Busybody2(f): 1:58am On Sep 01, 2009
Sagamite:

Any girl attractive enough from my scoring approach below is worthy of girlfriend.

To elevate to marriage, she would need to score a minimum of 21 points overall and get above the threshold point for all 3 categories.

1) Physical Beauty (breast, backside, face, figure)
2) Libidinosity (possibly based on sexiness, feminity, fashion sense, catwalk style, classy sensuality etc)
3) Developed Personality (possibly based on wifey willingness, good companion, brain power, potential good maternal instinct, culinary skills, maturity etc)

I give scores mentally out of ten for each of the 3 categories. A girl must score 21 and above.

But there are threshold scores for being able to get the marriage certificate with me. That is, a girl must not score less than 7/10 for (1), 6/10 for (2) and (3) but overall scores should still be over 21.

Hence scores like this will still fail for marriage certificate, although I could get down with them (fail points are in *):

1) 10/10
2) 9/10
3) 3/10*

Total: 22

----------------------------------------------------------------

1) 7/10
2) 6/10
3) 6/10

Total: 19*

----------------------------------------------------------------

1) 5/10*
2) 9/10
3) 8/10

Total: 22

What is all this advertisement for angry Hmmn, you think you are slick ehn angry Trying to worm your way out of fulfilling the prophesy that you are going to be my Husband and the Father of my 18 Children and after which I will then divorce you after 15 years of marriage and make off with 98% of your wealth angry

I know what you are trying to do angry Giving me all these tests knowing I will not get anything above 3 angry Whether you like it or not, the prophesy has to come to pass, so the earlier you surrender yourself to my good loving, the better we can get started with baby number one cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Sagamite(m): 8:05am On Sep 01, 2009
Busy_body:

What is all this advertisement for angry Hmmn, you think you are slick ehn angry Trying to worm your way out of fulfilling the prophesy that you are going to be my Husband and the Father of my 18 Children and after which I will then divorce you after 15 years of marriage and make off with 98% of your wealth angry

I know what you are trying to do angry Giving me all these tests knowing I will not get anything above 3 angry Whether you like it or not, the prophesy has to come to pass, so the earlier you surrender yourself to my good loving, the better we can get started with baby number one cheesy grin cheesy

Haba, you don already score 26 that is why we are engaged now.

As per my wealth, I only have one Okada, 3 floor mats and a kerosene stove. If you take 98%, that no go kill me?
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Busybody2(f): 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2009
Sagamite:

Haba, you don already score 26 that is why we are engaged now.

How old are you really, because I don't see any other reason why you should be mistaking me for LadyT, who was the desperate it-will-do $"%&*^ you got engaged to on the rebound angry I was the first one you proposed to but I turned you down because I felt the size of the rock you had chosen to propose to me was too small, get your facts right dammit angry angry angry cool

Sagamite:

As per my wealth, I only have one Okada, 3 floor mats and a kerosene stove. [size=14pt]If you take 98%, that no go kill me?[/size]

Well we have no option but to put that into practise to demonstrate the theory, so how do you wanna pop the clogs, the easy way or the hard way cheesy
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Sagamite(m): 12:59pm On Sep 01, 2009
Busy_body:

How old are you really, because I don't see any other reason why you should be mistaking me for LadyT, who was the desperate it-will-do $"%&*^ you got engaged to on the rebound angry I was the first one you proposed to but I turned you down because I felt the size of the rock you had chosen to propose to me was too small, get your facts right dammit angry angry angry cool

Oops, my bad.

Damn, I need to coordinate my game better. grin
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Eboneym2: 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2009
Guy, what we want from our women differs from one individual to another.just figure out what you want from your wife and then look out for it.watin make my wife be my best fit no satisfy you ooo. lol.
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Busybody2(f): 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2009
Sagamite:

Oops, my bad.

Damn, I need to coordinate my game better. grin

Still gonna do a bone dating scan to determine your true age angry I like my men to be at least 20 years younger than me, so I can't take the chances you are older, need someone to keep my blood topped up with fresh blood so don't need no old couger whom I would have to be nursing and changing his diapers and dentures in a few years time abeg angry angry grin
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by DeepSight(m): 8:59pm On Sep 01, 2009
Deep Soul:

There's absolutely nothing like "wife material" nor "gf material"! Wtf?!

Every woman at some point or the other exhibits certain xteristics that can only be temporary.

Using myself as an example, there was a time when the kitchen was a no-go-area for me.

I could cook alright but I just was not interested in doing so.

If I'd met a guy at that point who needed a wife material, Im sure Id have bn ruled out?

There were a lot of girls I knew who were more "kitchenly" than me but that didnt in any way mean they had better chances of being a better wife?

We base our thots on husband/wife materal on a lot of trivial things really.

Eg a woman who loves to cook etc.

I know some1 whose wife is a fantastic cook! She can blow you away!

But guess what? There's no peace in their home. Always fighting. Even in the midst of all the plenty food, lol.

Summarily, "material" is relative! The major material shd be love. Every other thing will follow

Right on. . . if i want a cook i'll hire one. . . wife should be hot, sophisticated, intelligent, ambitious, deadly and even a little vain,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Will Romance Section Produce Hot Guy On Here!!!! / Advice Me: I Am Sleeping With My Brother’s Wife And She Doesn’t Want It To Stop / 7 Types Of Men Every Women Should Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.