Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk (20273 Views)

50 Pure Signs To Know She Not A Marriage Material, Guys Only! / Why Do Some Guys Talk About Their Sexcapades In The Public / Four Things Guys Talk About Behind Your Back! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by KennyG6(m): 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2009
Deep Soul:

There's absolutely nothing like "wife material" nor "gf material"! Wtf?!

Every woman at some point or the other exhibits certain xteristics that can only be temporary.

Using myself as an example, there was a time when the kitchen was a no-go-area for me.

I could cook alright but I just was not interested in doing so.

If I'd met a guy at that point who needed a wife material, Im sure Id have bn ruled out?

There were a lot of girls I knew who were more "kitchenly" than me but that didnt in any way mean they had better chances of being a better wife?

We base our thots on husband/wife materal on a lot of trivial things really.

Eg a woman who loves to cook etc.

I know some1 whose wife is a fantastic cook! She can blow you away!

But guess what? There's no peace in their home. Always fighting. Even in the midst of all the plenty food, lol.

Summarily, "material" is relative! The major material shd be love. Every other thing will follow

But of course love is fundamental in any relationship; what you cannot discount is the fact that love alone does not sustain a relationship. So if you have a woman who cannot cook or won't cook, how on earth uis she going to keep endearing herself to her hubby? Takeaways? whether the man can cook or not is immaterial, men feel one of the ways to be appreciated is the wife cooking him a nice meal.
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by debest1(m): 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2009
I believe the poster wanted to know what would make a woman ok as a gf , yet find her unsuitable as a wife material. The truth is most guys wont mind going out with the busty lady in the pic, but hey when it comes to the one you intend to spend the rest of your life with, the mother of your children you wanna be sure she's a homekeeper and not one who spends most weekends at one party or the other,
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by tytylayor: 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2009
Kenny_G:

But of course love is fundamental in any relationship; what you cannot discount is the fact that love alone does not sustain a relationship. So if you have a woman who cannot cook or won't cook, how on earth uis she going to keep endearing herself to her hubby? Takeaways? whether the man can cook or not is immaterial, men feel one of the ways to be appreciated is the wife cooking him a nice meal.

if u love/understnd ur wife truely, u won't mind her cooking, if u fink u can cook better than her u'll teach him
i fink understanding is another important thing in a relationship
my guy loves me not because i know how to cook or i know hw to tidy up the house, etc, but coz he understands me even more dan myself.
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by debest1(m): 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2009
while the issue of cooking is not that paramount, it begs the question how on earth can a girl/woman in the nigerian set-up not know how to cook? I've lost count of the number of naija single gals i meet at some nigerian restaurants at varied hours of the day, can these gals not cook?
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by denony(m): 1:33pm On Aug 20, 2009
Not all gfirends are wife material
Some of them are not even thinking of
convincing you that they could be a good wife

How can u think that a girl who only think on how to
spend ur money not even asking you how u earn it
be a wife material, once u refused to spend as she wish
she will start giving you short hand.

@ poster
a wife material is that lady/girl who cares to know everything about you,
Who gives u advice when it's needed, who knows when its right to spend money and time to save,
who cares to know when u are happy and when u are not,
who cares to contribute positively in every aspect, who is humble and dedicated.

while a girlfriend material is that lady/girl who want to party with you all time
who are only how much u spend, who only cares about how good she looks,
who doesn't bother  if  that money is going to finish tomorrow,
who only want to know how much u earn to fix how much high her deman will be.
who only cares to shag and shag u even when u have not strenght to shag.
who is ready to run away when u said please babe bear with me am broke for now.

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by debest1(m): 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2009
@ poster
Who gives u advice when it's needed, who knows when its right to spend money and time to save,
who cares to contribute positively in every aspect, who is humble and dedicated.

while a girlfriend material is that lady/girl who want to party with you all time
who doesn't bother if that money is going to finish tomorrow,

TO BE CONTINUED

[quote][/quote]
True talk sir
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by debest1(m): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2009
----------------------
*Non-smoker/heavy drinker
*Has self-esteem,
* Not a home-breaker/gossip/busy-body
* Hard-working
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by tytylayor: 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2009
lol,u go wait till Jesus come be dat o, remember nobody is perfect
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by debest1(m): 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2009
tytylayor:

haba, i no wan perfect woman just a woman who can make my life perfect,
u get sister?
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Donvilo(m): 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2009
So far as the lady/girl (gf) in particular loves me very much and understand me very well for who I am, then she will make good wife for me. Every other thing won't really matter to me.
@Topic.Wife material. smiley
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2009
tytylayor:

I hope u are not just defining urself here? as for ur love let it not be the type that woman have for Samson.
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Witi(m): 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2009
DEBEST1 u got it right.
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by aaidel(m): 3:26pm On Aug 20, 2009
Why would u date an untidy girl or any girl for that matter that has traits u consider undesirable? As far as i'm concerned any girl a guy dates has the potential to be his wife
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by xqwysyte(f): 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2009
aaidel:

Why would u date an untidy girl or any girl for that matter that has traits u consider undesirable? As far as i'm concerned any girl a guy dates has the potential to be his wife

Am afraid thats now always so. Some guys are so mean, they date a girl just to get into her pants and after they are like >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ZOOM>>>>> off like the wind>>>>>>>too fast>>>>>u cant catch them>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

1 Like

Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by r231(m): 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2009
denony:

Not all gfirends are wife material
Some of them are not even thinking of
convincing you that they could be a good wife

How can u think that a girl who only think on how to
spend your money not even asking you how u earn it
be a wife material, once u refused to spend as she wish
she will start giving you short hand.

@ poster

TO BE CONTINUED

good point
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2009
As far as I'm concernded, a girl can be a wife material anytime she wants. It doesent take much to fool you guys!!

If you think a girl's not a 'wife material', its prolly because she doesent think you are worth it.
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by r231(m): 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2009
Ujujoan:

As far as I'm concernded, a girl can be a wife material anytime she wants. It doesent take much to fool you guys!!

If you think a girl's not a 'wife material', its prolly because she doesent think you are worth it.

there u go again with dis your philosophy o
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2009
r231:

there u go again with dis your philosophy o

More like reality grin

I'm just saying things most girls only think and execute!!
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by debest1(m): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2009
And isnt that scheming? So what happens when the guy finds out that the gal has been playing along all this while? He ditches her and the same gal comes on NL to slag off all men for being heartless!
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by r231(m): 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2009
Ujujoan:

More like reality  grin

I'm just saying things most girls only think and execute!!

nahhhhhhhhhhh you live in a different reality world.u are not rdy to follow dis steps:

you want dis and more,

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2009
Category A: a wife material is that lady/girl who cares to know everything about you,

you want dis and more,
Category B
who doesn't bother if that money is going to finish tomorrow,

I can be category 'A' if I want to. When I think the 'incentive' is right! cheesy

I might be category 'B' as well, when I dont think you are worth the stress grin
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by r231(m): 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2009
Ujujoan:

I can be category 'A' if I want to. When I think the 'incentive' is right! cheesy

I might be category 'B' as well, when I dont think you are worth the stress grin

must the be INCENTIVE for you.what happened to good old LOVE.it dosen't exist in your dictionary abi
as per B why bother going out with him in d first place, oh ye there is money
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 20, 2009
must the be INCENTIVE for you.what happened to good old LOVE.it dosen't exist in your dictionary abi
as per B why bother going out with him in d first place, oh ye there is money

Dont you know 'there is not romance without finance'

The love has to thrive on something na cheesy
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by debest1(m): 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2009
Ujujoan:

Pls tell me you are joking?
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by r231(m): 5:02pm On Aug 20, 2009
Ujujoan:

from where i am standing hhhmmmmm dats called PROSTITUTION or if you want to put a label on it den call it GOLD DIGGER, dats jus ma own opinion grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by r231(m): 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2009
debest1:

Pls tell me you are joking?

nah she is not joking serious
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by haywhy(m): 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2009
xqwysyte:

Am afraid thats now always so. Some guys are so mean, they date a girl just to get into her pants and after they are like >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ZOOM>>>>> off like the wind>>>>>>>too fast>>>>>u cant catch them>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
LOL
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 20, 2009
r231:

from where i am standing hhhmmmmm dats called PROSTITUTION or if you want to put a label on it den call it GOLD DIGGER, dats jus ma own opinion grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Whatever! shrugs
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by amosexy: 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2009
Ujujoan:

Tell them oo
All dey want is a pretty n spotless girl

r231:

Dat's nt prostitution !!!

This life is give and take my dear
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by r231(m): 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2009
amosexy:

Tell them oo
All dey want is a pretty n spotless girl

Dat's nt prostitution !!!

This life is give and take my dear

cus you are right but not when she want me to have a land, apt, investment, car and be rich at d age of 28 b4 I can get a date.so what give and take in dat, lol

well maybe not prostitution but there is a name for it tho
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by Sagamite(m): 6:54pm On Aug 20, 2009
Any girl attractive enough from my scoring approach below is worthy of girlfriend.

To elevate to marriage, she would need to score a minimum of 21 points overall and get above the threshold point for all 3 categories.

1) Physical Beauty (breast, backside, face, figure)
2) Libidinosity (possibly based on sexiness, feminity, fashion sense, catwalk style, classy sensuality etc)
3) Developed Personality (possibly based on kind/nice person, wifey willingness, good companion, brain power, potential good maternal instinct, culinary skills, maturity etc)

I give scores mentally out of ten for each of the 3 categories. A girl must score 21 and above.

But there are threshold scores for being able to get the marriage certificate with me. That is, a girl must not score less than 7/10 for (1), 6/10 for (2) and (3) but overall scores should still be over 21.

Hence scores like this will still fail for marriage certificate, although I could get down with them (fail points are in *):

1) 10/10
2) 9/10
3) 3/10*

Total: 22

----------------------------------------------------------------

1) 7/10
2) 6/10
3) 6/10

Total: 19*

----------------------------------------------------------------

1) 5/10*
2) 9/10
3) 8/10

Total: 22
Re: Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk by ayomifull(f): 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2009
If you can not marry her dont go out with her. Some things not envisaged do happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please Help!!!my Project Supervisor Is After Me.. / Impregnating Your Spouse Before Marriage Is Not A Guarantee / 'My Boobs Is The Most Sexiest' Beautiful Model Says As She Shares New Pics/video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.