Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age (57703 Views)

This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by sancristobal92(m): 12:56am On May 24, 2016
AmAlbert:
All these ones wey una dey talk na una own o
Bae wey me go marry MUST take like 5 years or above sef senior me.. grin grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
One Man's Groundnut na anoda man kulikuli be dat o
wink wink wink wink wink wink
My wahala, my headache..
Abeg make nobody drink alabukun for my Headache abeg... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
*Eats white rice with alligator pepper and kulikuli plus okpete

grin grin grin
This guy...
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by KPhantom(m): 1:34am On May 24, 2016
the OP has a point, for women, they have biological clocks and it runs faster.. If u look at the situation in Nigeria, many 27 yr olds are still hustling, how do u expect them to marry their age mate @ dat time. The girl will bounce herself. So i think marriage has to do with your resources not age. if a 20 yr old that has enuff money to start a family he can marry his agemate, but a 30 yr old man still looking for a job can never afford to marry his age mate except d girl is ready to wait (but hw many 30yr old women can wait eh?)

2 Likes

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by KPhantom(m): 1:41am On May 24, 2016
drealzum:
Aside looks sef one of the main reasons why you cant marry your mate is "finance". These ladies are desperate to marry after school when their boys mate are starting their hustle. So they marry a man who is already settled and older than you and when you too settle you go after your juniors and chance their boy's mate.
This is the best comment here!! Finance will always be ahead of age when looking at criteria for marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Nobody: 1:50am On May 24, 2016
rose54321:
I actually agree that ladies should marry way older guys, though for a different reason.
Older guys are more mature, marrying your age mate, there's high likelihood for mismanaged misunderstandings.
A mature guy would handle all issues maturely.

so a guy his wife's age is not mature? How comes men younger than some ladies are the ones rulling the world, running most of the multi national coorperations we know?
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Gamesmart: 1:52am On May 24, 2016
GloriaNinja:
you are damn right, age doesn't matter and I despise seeing old men seeking for underaged girls to marry, age doesn't make a marriage last.

Most people despise old men seeking underaged girls, not only you.

It is called paedophilia, when the girl they seek has not come of age, and it is a crime in most countries.
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by rose54321: 2:39am On May 24, 2016
craziebone:

so a guy his wife's age is not mature? How comes men younger than some ladies are the ones rulling the world, running most of the multi national coorperations we know?

Success in your profession doesn't equate to success at home. The most successful business men aren't the best husbands.

It's often the opposite, quite frankly, as you cannot serve two masters, you focus on one at the expense of the other (but that's an entirely different topic).

Life is a journey, the longer you're on the road, the better equipped you are at maneuvering potholes and other hurdles on the way.

Older men have this experience.
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by toprealman: 3:09am On May 24, 2016
halfricanadian:
Its how well u take care of your body

A yonger person can look older

And an older person can look younger
please educate the teenage OP
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by halfricanadian(f): 3:11am On May 24, 2016
toprealman:
please educate the teenage OP

Smh for all of u stop flauting things to my face pls

Tanx u can tell op ursef

Mind all of u dat teenager is a no go area i will stand my ground!!!!! So dream on
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by toprealman: 3:22am On May 24, 2016
halfricanadian:

Smh for all of u stop flauting things to my face pls

Tanx u can tell op ursef

Mind all of u dat teenager is a no go area i will stand my ground!!!!! So dream on
For you mind....
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by halfricanadian(f): 3:24am On May 24, 2016
toprealman:
For you mind....

No problem even if u have ur ways im happy either ways i learnt nd im fine cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bt flaunting to me ? Nah i dont need

Av found a brand new kind of me tongue tongue tongue tongue

Bt d teenager mustnt b treated like i was treated dats all i av a simple hrt jooor
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by sirusX(m): 4:29am On May 24, 2016
KPhantom:
the OP has a point, for women, they have biological clocks and it runs faster.. If u look at the situation in Nigeria, many 27 yr olds are still hustling, how do u expect them to marry their age mate @ dat time. The girl will bounce herself. So i think marriage has to do with your resources not age. if a 20 yr old that has enuff money to start a family he can marry his agemate, but a 30 yr old man still looking for a job can never afford to marry his age mate except d girl is ready to wait (but hw many 30yr old women can wait eh?)

There is wisdom in your words and I agree with that....but in this case, the OP is more concerned with physical looks and attributes of the lady as the couple age.

One shouldn't get married because of beauty...cz when it fades, what is left?

rose54321:

It's the simple truth.
Einstein once said, the only source of knowledge is experience.
The Bible further buttressed it by saying " "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

The older you are the more experiences you've experienced.

While I agree that we have some immature adults, the percentage is slim compared to the generality of adults.
Hope you are clear now..
I admire the way you express things smiley

I have dated ladies in the 3 different categories; same age as me, older than me, and also younger than me...and what really amazes me about it all was that the one that showed much love, respect and understanding was the lady younger than me...and she displays maturity beyond her age.

This debunks the saying; "the older you are, the more experienced you are, and the more mature you are".
This applies both ways...for the man and the woman

Although, this is no way trying to generalize ladies and their different ages in comparison to mine, but what I look forward to is a happy home in marriage.

For me, I get attracted to her personality/character...and her age is whatever it is.

We pray to God...not just to find a wife, but to find our wife

3 Likes

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by sixtus3606(m): 4:58am On May 24, 2016
I am 2years older than my woman. my elder and his wife are both agemate grin
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by macof(m): 5:17am On May 24, 2016
I can't marry a woman more than 4 years younger
op that your useless advice and go away angry
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by ThreeGEEKS(m): 5:28am On May 24, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
I agree with you OP.
My hubby is 18yrs older... smiley
Hold it, you mean when you were like 10 years, your hubby was 28 Isn't that child abuse grin
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Nobody: 6:04am On May 24, 2016
rose54321:

Success in your profession doesn't equate to success at home. The most successful business men aren't the best husbands.

It's often the opposite, quite frankly, as you cannot serve two masters, you focus on one at the expense of the other (but that's an entirely different topic).

Life is a journey, the longer you're on the road, the better equipped you are at maneuvering potholes and other hurdles on the way.

Older men have this experience.

going by the logic in the "life is a journey" part of your post, it also means that older women are better wives. A lady close to you in age will handle the marriage better. And i think it supports the point that a guy made her: that marrying a lady 10 years younger than you, will be like teaching a child how to talk.

For me, a lady 2 years younger than me is a no no.
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Sezua(m): 6:05am On May 24, 2016
9izone:
We are not age mate Biko Wicked
how sure are you?
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Engrkay11(m): 6:10am On May 24, 2016
Yeah ! U ar right in ur own opinion. Buh make sure u do this wth gud intention and stop giing after underaged gurls in d name of looking for a gurl 10yrs younger than u ar !
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by CzarRex: 6:16am On May 24, 2016
drealzum:
Aside looks sef one of the main reasons why you cant marry your mate is "finance". These ladies are desperate to marry after school when their boys mate are starting their hustle. So they marry a man who is already settled and older than you and when you too settle you go after your juniors and chance their boy's mate.
lol,that's the cycle of life bro

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by decub: 6:29am On May 24, 2016
marvelck:
Since women naturally age faster than men, its not advisable for a guy to marry a girl his age or within his age range. Guys need to marry girls they are far older than with at least 10 years, so that when she's aging everything will still be balanced. You can still be enjoying her breast, and also admiring her full waist line for a long time to come. Compare to when you marry a girl that's only 3 or 5 years younger than you. Before you know it, she'll start looking older than you apart from adding weight anyhow after giving kids. So, let there a space of like 10 years between you and the girl you want to marry, just like fathers used to do it in the past.
On the contrary,I get attracted to my age mates more than the younger ones especially those more than 5 years younger than I am.
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by edetty(m): 6:29am On May 24, 2016
halfricanadian:
Its how well u take care of your body

A yonger person can look older

And an older person can look younger
how long can u take care of ursef before nature finally wins out,besides u can only take care of ursef to look fresher not younger,the elastic fibers of the skin and muscles will eventually be completely replaced by collagen fibers,period,a medical field personnel quoting u
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by halfricanadian(f): 6:30am On May 24, 2016
edetty:

how long can u take care of ursef before nature finally wins out,besides u can only take care of ursef to look fresher not younger,the elastic fibers of the skin and muscles will eventually be completely replaced by collagen fibers,period,a medical field personnel quoting u

Long story sad

Thats why we av comestic surgeons ohkay?
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by skywalker240(m): 6:31am On May 24, 2016
rose54321:
I actually agree that ladies should marry way older guys, though for a different reason.
Older guys are more mature, marrying your age mate, there's high likelihood of mismanaged misunderstandings.
A mature guy would handle all issues maturely.
And since when does maturity do with age only...i mean ive seen men in dia late 30's and early 40's behave immature and handle marraige in silly ways and youn men of 24 does it better even than most..

I think It bores down to the individual.
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by halfricanadian(f): 6:31am On May 24, 2016
skywalker240:

And since when does maturity do with age only...i mean ive seen men in dia late 30's and early 40's behave immature and handle marraige in silly ways and youn men of 24 does it better even than most..

I think It bores down to the individual.

Oya talk true!!!!!!!!
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Tedassie(m): 6:35am On May 24, 2016
halfricanadian:

grin grin grin grin dunno na
olodo tongue
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by halfricanadian(f): 6:37am On May 24, 2016
Tedassie:

olodo tongue

Ehn olodo rabata oju eja lon mon je koni je paper breadi lon mon je shikikshiki sure! sad
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by edetty(m): 6:38am On May 24, 2016
halfricanadian:

Long story sad

Thats why we av comestic surgeons ohkay?
cosmetic surgery is because nature is winning, how long will the cosmetic surgery also last before nature finally and totally and completely wins out,period, take my word or have urs.
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by halfricanadian(f): 6:38am On May 24, 2016
edetty:

cosmetic surgery is because nature is winning, how long will the cosmetic surgery also last before nature finally and totally and completely wins out,period, take my word or have urs.

cheesy cheesy ok sir

Ehn boss mi

Talk tru
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by sillyNLmods: 6:39am On May 24, 2016
that moment people be asking you: "is she your wife or your daughter?"
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by edetty(m): 6:43am On May 24, 2016
halfricanadian:

cheesy cheesy ok sir
Ehn boss mi
Talk tru
am not attacking u,just saying medical facts
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by skywalker240(m): 6:43am On May 24, 2016
halfricanadian:

Oya talk true!!!!!!!!
True age is in most cases related to maturity,...but as the saying goes a child that washes his hand properly sits and dine with cheifs and kings.
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Tedassie(m): 6:44am On May 24, 2016
halfricanadian:

[s]Ehn olodo rabata oju eja lon mon je koni je paper breadi lon mon je shikikshiki sure![/s] sad
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by halfricanadian(f): 6:45am On May 24, 2016
edetty:

am not attacking u,just saying medical facts

Wow tanx hun grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

7 Types Of "Lights" Ladies Show To Guys / Father Stops Son From Marrying Lady Who Also Had An Affair With Him Years Ago / Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.